• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was some really good writing there I'm really imprressed! I love the Sli

Paging Owl:

hcl49ld.gif

So MLP comic is coming to Spain in April, brought by Planeta Agostini in only one hardcover tome.
21699_10151243785785938_752959723_n.jpg

They just put the news on facebook, where it says its one of the best selling comics in the USA and that is not only for girls.

At least they know their audience more than Hasbro, making it one hardcover tome and all that.

Is it any good? Ive only have seen the awesome special edition covers some of the volumes had in the united states (ive asked in their facebook page if that art is coming as extras inside the book)

Orcastar

It's better than the TV series at this point, with the kind of long story arc that'll never happen in the TV series. It's certainly not just for little girls either, it's actually surprisingly dark in some parts.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So now that we're all over the ponies can we move on to Littlest Pet Shop? Today's episode was pretty amazing.
I'll give it a try, I guess, even though the setting is absolutely not my cup of tea. Equestria's fantasy setting makes up a big part of the show's charm for me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pony leadership rankings! Who is better fit to lead the mane 6? Who should replace the leader if she is absent/disabled?

My opinion:

Twilight Sparkle > Applejack > Rainbow Dash >>> Pinkie Pie > Rarity >>>>>> Fluttershy

Yes, I put Pinkie above Rarity. Pinkie can be ingenious and has charisma to spare, whereas Rarity too often lets her impeccable taste overcloud her pragmatic thought.

Fluttershy, 99% of the time, is, like, totally omega.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Pony leadership rankings! Who is better fit to lead the mane 6? Who should replace the leader if she is absent/disabled?

My opinion:

Twilight Sparkle > Applejack > Rainbow Dash >>> Pinkie Pie > Rarity >>>>>> Fluttershy

Yes, I put Pinkie above Rarity. Pinkie can be ingenious and has charisma to spare, whereas Rarity too often lets her impeccable taste overcloud her pragmatic thought.

From the current mane 6? No one of those guys is remotely a leadership guy. Without Twilight, those ponys are screwed.
If it has to be one, then yes, Applejack.

McNum

My opinion:

AJ is so the second in command, yes. She may not have Twilight's problem solving skills, but she makes up for it with her git 'er done attitude. Amusingly, we've seen that Twilight's flaw at over-planning has kind of rubbed off on AJ.

Dash's strength is her teamwork skills and her goal mindedness. She leads by example, not so much by barking orders. Which means if there's something big that needs a lot of coordination, more than a squadron of pegasi need, at least, you don't want Rainbow Dash in charge. Logistics isn't her thing. She pulls in Twilight when that's needed.

So yeah, I agree with your top three. The remaining three, though... It's tough. Fluttershy may not be the best leader of ponies, but she can handle large packs of various animals as if it was nothing. Pinkie can call up the entire town for a party, and is prepared to throw any party at any time. But she relies a lot more on her magnetic personality than skills. Her wackiness also gets in the way of people taking her seriously when she actually has something important to say. And Rarity. She has the organization skills to be awesome at logistics, but she hasn't really used them like that.

I'd actually not consider any of those three leadership material. Fluttershy would be a good HR manager, working with Pinkie, and when you need everything in the right place at the right time, you'll want a Rarity, even more than a Twilight. Twilight makes things too complicated, Rarity just makes it work.

You'd probably want either AJ or Dash with one of the other three helping fill in the gaps. AJ could use Fluttershy or Pinkie to make sure she's not wearing everyone out and keeping an eye on the morale, while Rainbow Dash needs Rarity to handle the logistics so she can focus on being an example.

Basically, if Twilight isn't available, you'll need at least two ponies to fill her shoes as a leader.

akira28

I thought her princess aspirations, teamed with her real world accomplishments that seemed to make the whole princess thing seem rather quaint, were what made Miss Sparkle special. For her to aspire to being a princess, and to learn that being herself was good enough, to even better, was a good lesson, I thought. For her to actually become a princess, sort of cheapens everything.

PaulloDEC

I thought her princess aspirations, teamed with her real world accomplishments that seemed to make the whole princess thing seem rather quaint, were what made Miss Sparkle special. For her to aspire to being a princess, and to learn that being herself was good enough, to even better, was a good lesson, I thought. For her to actually become a princess, sort of cheapens everything.

Yeah, but gotta sell toys etc etc.

Kinda makes me wonder where they go from here though; logic would suggest that Twilight's days of running the Ponyville library with Spike are over, which is kinda sad. I mean, does Equestria even need more Princesses? They seem pretty well stocked as it is.

The princess really did have kind of ugly dresses.

Ha! I wondered if it was just me thinking that. Talk about over-designed. For the sake of Rarity's integrity I'm going to assume that someone else was contracted for the Coronation.

$200

Banned
234352__safe_rainbow-dash_fluttershy_humanized_lesbian_cosplay_kissing_flutterdash_artist-schpog_5110d4b2a4c72d1afc000351gif_zpscb2df215.gif

Daniel Ingram has confirmed on Twitter that there are extended version of the songs from the finale. Hopefully they will release them either on Youtube or as bonus feature of the upcoming DVD.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Luna can go to dreamland. Celesta can do dreamland and subspace.

On a speculative note. I was thinking about Luna's dream powers, and wonder if she's always had it. It seems like it's a new thing, and Scootaloo was surprised by it. I was wondering if maybe Celestia and Luna worked out how to let Luna do that so she has company at night.

On a speculative note. I was thinking about Luna's dream powers, and wonder if she's always had it. It seems like it's a new thing, and Scootaloo was surprised by it. I was wondering if maybe Celestia and Luna worked out how to let Luna do that so she has company at night.

I've thought of it as that she's always watching your dreams, but you're not aware of it until she shows herself.

Gotchaye

She deliberately tricked Twilight into mind screwing her friends, she's lost my respect.

It's not at all clear that it was deliberate. Also, now is when you have an issue with mind control? Celestia manipulates Twilight and friends into brainwashing Luna in the very first episode. Cadence whammies two innocent ponies who dared to look unhappy in front of her (who do you think taught her that?). Discord's 'reeducation' is pretty coercive.

tafer

It's not at all clear that it was deliberate. Also, now is when you have an issue with mind control? Celestia manipulates Twilight and friends into brainwashing Luna in the very first episode. Cadence whammies two innocent ponies who dared to look unhappy in front of her (who do you think taught her that?). Discord's 'reeducation' is pretty coercive.

Not only that, the first part of the last episode is pretty dark when you try to justify the stuff that doesn't make sense.

For example, it could be suggested that it didn't happen during a simple day but for a much longer time (explaining the sorry state of the apple farm, the boutique, etc.). In other words, the ponies were tortured for weeks?, months? because TS screwed the spell. And you can't blame TS alone for that, Celestia never said anything about the dangers of said spell. And there are far worse explanations...

---------------------

Here, cry some manly tears. From Faust herself, what she wanted to do with the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fFldhsJDw

Now I need to buy that shit. :/

Silvawuff

Like or hate the finale, we have a long wait until Season 4 (and more answers). Predictions?

I guess very, very late fall, though we might get a movie of some kind before then!

tafer

I think this was always pretty clear, even if it didn't necessarily have to come with wings. It's the execution I find irritating.

Completely agree. Not only they rushed (and fucked up a lot of stuff) to get to this point, but in the process, they ignored the rest of the cast and the respective world building.

She wants Dash to eventually become a wonderbolt, Rarity to have her own shop in Canterlot, Twilight to become successor of Celestia, the CMC to get their CM, etc.
Well Twilight's Celestia successor and Dash is a Wonderbolt in training I guess. I don't see the point on Rarity's shop in Canterlot but anyway the CMC getting their cutie mark'd be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom