• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Just to mention, Daniel Ingram is also doing the music over on Littlest Pet Shop. Ashleigh Ball has the lead role in that show. Nicole Oliver, Tabitha St Germain, Shannon Chan-Kent and Peter New are in there too.

Yes this show is really good and you should watch it.

SomrA7P.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just to mention, Daniel Ingram is also doing the music over on Littlest Pet Shop. Ashleigh Ball has the lead role in that show. Nicole Oliver, Tabitha St Germain, Shannon Chan-Kent and Peter New are in there too.

The skunk's voice freaks me out. I know it's Tabitha, but man it sounds way too much like Spike.

Gotchaye

I didn't notice earlier during the list-fest that I'm even more at odds with everyone else on Feeling Pinkie Keen than on Mare Do Well.

What is it people don't like about the episode? The only thing I can find wrong with it is the non sequitur of an Aesop right at the end ("you have to choose to believe").

I didn't notice earlier during the list-fest that I'm even more at odds with everyone else on Feeling Pinkie Keen than on Mare Do Well.

What is it people don't like about the episode? The only thing I can find wrong with it is the non sequitur of an Aesop right at the end ("you have to choose to believe").

With Feeling Pinkie Keen, I think Lauren said they were shooting for a message along the lines of, "It's okay to believe in something without hard evidence," but for a number of people, the episode seemed to mock those who want to investigate why things happen, and saying that people should just "believe" regardless.

McNum

I have Feeling Pinkie Keen at just about middle, I like it for all its cartoon gags, but don't like the way it portrayed Twilight. The aesop of "Some things just are, no matter how odd it seems" is a good one, it encourages exploration and inquisitiveness as to why such a thing could be, but Twilight goes through the episode denying what she sees herself. Which seems a bit at odds with the more curious Twilight we see in most episodes.

Mysterious Mare Do-Well is a different story. I do like the superhero references, and the ponified Batman the Animated Series logo was funny. Te problem with the episode is that it makes the mane 6 sans Rainbow Dash look jealous and spiteful Where did the friendship go? Somepony should have taken Dash aside for a moment and been honest with her, like say, Applejack. Not set up some huge elaborate prank with a madeup superhero just to make Rainbow Dash jealous. Just tell her that what she is doing is commendable, but she should watch out for letting it go to her head. Or not jump problems bigger than she could handle. Like the dam about to crack. Mare Do-Well or not, that was a "Must get Twilight! NOW!!" situation that Dash completely messed up because the other five had driven her crazy. So, yeah, like the superheroics and action scenes, don't like the little spiteful ponies.

tafer

Interesting, but without a fandom to follow... I pass.

The one thing I didn't like about Feeling Pinkie Keen was the whole Hydra sequence. It wasn't very entertaining to me and dragged the episode down.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So apparently Las Vegas Unicon tanked badly, and many of the guests were kicked out of their hotel comped rooms and just in general, ran out of money and is imploding on itself. Word is Hasbro is coming down on what cons the talent can and can't go to, so cons like EFNW and Bronycon are apparently trying to help these guys break even so as not to ruin it for everyone.

And they have a fundraiser going.
http://www.roundstable.com/2013/02/24/fabulous-final-day-discounts-at-las-pegasus-unicon

Xzeon

Banned
Some notes about S3, and a small (not unexpected) tidbit from S4.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/res/36557627+50.html#36558159

i really dont like Merriweather, her eps are either terrible or just 'meh.'

With Feeling Pinkie Keen, I think Lauren said they were shooting for a message along the lines of, "It's okay to believe in something without hard evidence," but for a number of people, the episode seemed to mock those who want to investigate why things happen, and saying that people should just "believe" regardless.

yeah i remember she was not happy at all with how the message turned out.

the way it is now the ep preaches blind faith as a worthy attribute to have.

tafer

So apparently Las Vegas Unicon tanked badly, and many of the guests were kicked out of their hotel comped rooms and just in general, ran out of money and is imploding on itself. Word is Hasbro is coming down on what cons the talent can and can't go to, so cons like EFNW and Bronycon are apparently trying to help these guys break even so as not to ruin it for everyone.

And they have a fundraiser going.
http://www.roundstable.com/2013/02/24/fabulous-final-day-discounts-at-las-pegasus-unicon

Poor management or lower than expected attendance?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Poor management or lower than expected attendance?

both. I'm guessing they blew all their money on the guests thinking people would come. But apparently they got under 1500 attendees and expected 4000. Vegas isn't a good place to hold a fandom con.

tafer

both. I'm guessing they blew all their money on the guests thinking people would come. But apparently they got under 1500 attendees and expected 4000. Vegas isn't a good place to hold a fandom con.

Incompetence and bad luck, a marriage made in hell. Oh well, I hope the rest of the cons will keep this sobering experience at hand.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The pony con market is oversaturated, so this is to be expected. This doesn't mean that people won't try to get a piece of the action, with sometimes disastrous results. I've organized cons, and I know that things can get out of hand pretty easily in the financial side.

judhudson

The pony con market is oversaturated, so this is to be expected. This doesn't mean that people won't try to get a piece of the action, with sometimes disastrous results. I've organized cons, and I know that things can get out of hand pretty easily in the financial side.

This right here. I'm one of the folks responsible for a Doctor Who convention - going on a second year. You do NOT spend more than what you think you can make - always plan worse case scenario. They completely screwed themselves over. And to me, begging for donations/money is a very, very poor thing to do.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
This right here. I'm one of the folks responsible for a Doctor Who convention - going on a second year. You do NOT spend more than what you think you can make - always plan worse case scenario. They completely screwed themselves over. And to me, begging for donations/money is a very, very poor thing to do.
Thing is, nerds in general are an optimist lot, in my opinion. Thinking "worst case scenario" is something that is not part of the way they see things. It's awesome, so people will come, right? Right???

Leaving the penny counting to immature nerds is usually a very big mistake.

LuffyZoro

It needs to be a little more saturated in the Southeast US.

PaulloDEC

Holy crap at that Celestia. I can't even begin to imagine how long that took from concept to final product.

As for human-feet Applejack, the less said the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom