• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
256755__pinkie-pie_comic_questionable_humanjpg_zps3b782ef6.jpg

^That's pretty funny, I can see it being used in the next Pony Meltdown thread that's bound to show up in OT eventually. I honestly haven't had any sort of Pony dream that I can recall.

Had the most interesting encounter today. A girl scout recognized the Luna shirt I was wearing and said "Princess Cadence is best Alicorn." Had a fun conversation with her and the supervising adult (not quite sure if she was the girl's mother) and how the latter's son was a big Pinkie Pie fan and how they all went to EQ LA. They were really just really cool about it.

Chuck

Still without luck
thanks. might be a bit out of the way as I'm sure there are some more locally, but I'll keep you in mind. who is Chuck?

That'd be me. You might know me from the Lego thread. :p

Although, I think I might be a poor candidate if it's a "brony" interview. I'm kind of a lapsed fan and was never really that deep into the fandom, at least as deep as others still are.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25942788/#Comment_25942788
So I'm going through the MLP:Japanese version thread on 2ch. There are a few things that have come up

1) Futtershy got a name change.
It went from 「フラターシャイ」(Furataashai)
and changed to 「フラッタシャイ」(Furattashai)
Not earth shattering, but it's deffernt than what fans are used to.

2) It's is a dual-band audio broadcast. Japanese on one side, English on the other. There is still debate that the English side with be over-dubbed for kids and will have constant Japanese talking over the English.

3) Chances are almost 100% of a new Opening and Ending theme song.

4) The is a lot of hate on the current voice picks. Cute idol group, but they are not pro voice acresses by a long shot. They already have an anime under thier belt and thier acting ability is discribed as around "Meh" They may not be able to carry the ponies mannerisims very well.

tafer

Interesting analysis:

Added to that, some people think that the character also represents a "vehicle to express the professional frustrations" that the creator of the show experienced during her creative career.

akira28

I like it. No. I love it. Rarity is deep, man. I've been saying this forever.

In fact, I'll go one further. The elements don't represent their inherent qualities, but their burden. What they have to struggle with, personally to be themselves. Maybe that's been covered,

akira28

There needs to be one of Rodimus and Princess Twilight attempting foreign diplomacy and bungling it.

Princess Twilight Bungle, confirmed?

You know if they legitimately had fun with it, and didn't take it seriously at all, this Princess transform could be an awesome thing. Make her even more nuerotic and accident prone and unlucky, but now with the powers of a God.

It's like, amazing how easily you can adapt after the world has already ended. We may as well own it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It will be like The Sisko.

Benjamin_Sisko%2C_2369.jpg

"Hey, this show is pretty good, I like this guy"

What's that, he's getting a promotion and new features?

Sisko2375.jpg

"THIS IS AWESOME!"

Cheerilee

so, the name of that one pone has been revealed.

Sunset Shimmer.

http://www.mylittleponynews.com/2013/02/playful-pony-sunset-shimmer.html

2.jpg

but heres the worrying part:

notice anyone missing?

i think we have a new main character.

Twilight ~ Sunset
Sparkle ~ Shimmer
The name is basically the same.

The cutie mark is a ying/yang symbol inside a light/dark sun. I would suspect that this pony is supposed to succeed Celestia/Luna in maintaining the day/night cycle. But Twilight is supposed to succeed Celestia.

I suspect that this pony is Twilight's stage-two transformation, complete with a name change. It's not unprecedented with Hasbro. But then again, the red/yellow suggests that this new pony is Rodimus Prime. Neither suggestion worries me. Alicorn Twilight worries me.

Orcastar

So everyone knows that Twilight's cutie mark is one big star surrounded by five small stars, which supposedly symbolise her friends, right?

Well how many of you noticed this in Magical Mystery Cure?

$200

Banned
So everyone knows that Twilight's cutie mark is one big star surrounded by five small stars, which supposedly symbolise her friends, right?

Well how many of you noticed this in Magical Mystery Cure?

Someone asked Meghan McCarthy in one of the cons recently and she implied they have no idea and it's likely a mistake....but she might not be telling the truth though.

brian577

Banned
Someone asked Meghan McCarthy in one of the cons recently and she implied they have no idea and it's likely a mistake....but she might not be telling the truth though.

I stopped taking her at her word after the promised Manehatten and Celestia/Luna history episodes failed to materialize.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm torn on them possibly putting Twilight in the supporting role. On one hand, I don't care for change. On the other, I see it as moving on, and that's part of life. Twilight has moved up in the world, and it may be time to move on.

As for the new character, all I know right now is that I hate the color scheme. Looks like someone's bad OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom