• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

Mom made me a Rainbow Dash ^_^

tumblr_mj65h02swO1r5d2emo2_1280.jpg

The herd thus far:

So, my whole MASSIVE link to the Beatles, Twilight is Paul, Paul is dead, is complete! I am so happy!

(Yes, I am spreading the rumor around certain circles that "Magical Mystery Cure" was more than a simple Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour" nod.. the story-boarders are telling us "Twilight is the Walrus/the Walrus was Paul!" and she died when she went to "heaven" Everything else is a dream. Twilight is dead, and replaced with a clone a False Twilight, and Celestia swore the others into a vow of secrecy... as to not induce National panic...

Just like the Beatles did with Paul ;p)

Hahaha! Do I believe this? Hell no!!! But you know what? I love spreading chaos ;p

Sadly half the people here will miss I am joking. I love you all, I do. but it has gotten far too down! Just sit back, and watch Equestria Girls, like Hasbro wants.. or not. Or be like me, and make "art" and forget about it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
i just realized they have pony ears and not human ears.

their.... not human are they.

this is creepy as fuck.
You know what's better than Anthropone?

Canon Anthropone!

Personally I'd prefer their faces not to be flat if they're doing it that way, but it's not like anime doesn't already do this. I'd also kill the facepaint and put horns where appropriate. Being able to spear a classmate will make the show much better.

Xzeon

Banned
Mom made me a Rainbow Dash ^_^

The herd thus far:

whoa.

thats a lot of pone.

You know what's better than Anthropone?

Canon Anthropone!

Personally I'd prefer their faces not to be flat if they're doing it that way, but it's not like anime doesn't already do this. I'd also kill the facepaint and put horns where appropriate. Being able to spear a classmate will make the show much better.

they need the horns.

it looks weird.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
To everyone who is losing their excitement:

Are you saying that if Lauren Faust announced a new cartoon/comic/toy line/video game (reality in this case), you wouldn't be excited?

This is about more than a game now, this is about a new universe and cast of characters made by Lauren Faust, and I'm hype for that.
Absolutely. If it contains the imagination of Lauren and the quality that Fighting is Magic showed, then it will still be a great product, and worth looking into for its own merits.

BDGAME

Nice draw.

Today I open the easter egg and look the pony that came:
20130305_203035.jpg

Who the hell is she? In the packing show miniatures of twilight, Apple Jack and Carrot Top.

LuffyZoro

Absolutely. If it contains the imagination of Lauren and the quality that Fighting is Magic showed, then it will still be a great product, and worth looking into for its own merits.

Sure, but it also took Mane 6 roughly 2 years to get FiM to a nearly complete state. Even if you account for a little bit of time learning the software, it's still gonna be a while.

Nice draw.

Today I open the easter egg and look the pony that came:
20130305_203035.jpg

Who the hell is she? In the packing show miniatures of twilight, Apple Jack and Carrot Top.

CHERRY BERRY!!!!

She's the balloon pony.

640px-Cherry_Berry_in_a_hot_air_balloon_S2E08.png

CHERRY BERRY!!!!

With a cherry in the flank?

CHERRY BERRY!!!!
CHERRY BERRY!!!!
CHERRY BERRY!!!!
*ahem*

She is Cherry Berry, a normal Earth Pony, that the sculptors, like my brother, use in most sculptures! She is the most common, besides Sunny Rays, the Pegasus, and Lyra, for the Unicorns.

Oh, and I love to say her name! CHERRY BERRY!!!!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Twilight Sparkle = Sailor Moon

Kinda. Sorta.

I mean, it's really easy to overlook how they already broke her character in s3e12 by curing her neurosis, so slapping on an Eternal Sailor Moon transformation (which also used group magic) isn't much further off.

Orcastar

Sunset Shimmer will obviously become Twilight's student, leading to all kinds of wacky hijinks as Shimmer idolizes Twilight and Twilight is insecure about taking on the role of teacher and mentor.

Cheerilee

New toy set of the mane 6 getting ready for a party.

tumblr_inline_mj7uxs6yov1qz4rgp.jpg

Fluttershy has a butterfly in her mask.
Applejack has an apple in her mask.
Rainbow Dash has a cloud with a rainbow lighting bolt.
Pinkie Pie has balloons.

Rarity has a crown and a purple circle and a six-pointed white star in her mask.

Rarity is the new Twilight? Or did Rarity just steal Twilight's mask?

BDGAME

CHERRY BERRY!!!!

CHERRY BERRY!!!!

CHERRY BERRY!!!!
CHERRY BERRY!!!!
CHERRY BERRY!!!!
*ahem*

She is Cherry Berry, a normal Earth Pony, that the sculptors, like my brother, use in most sculptures! She is the most common, besides Sunny Rays, the Pegasus, and Lyra, for the Unicorns.

Oh, and I love to say her name! CHERRY BERRY!!!!

Cherry Berry:
Cherry_Berry_id_S01E22.png

thanks.

About the masked ponies, i don't want to watch a Mutcha Lutcha for woman's. If that is the future, I'm out.

brian577

Banned

I'm afraid my faith in McCarthy and her team has been shaken over the past few months. Between Keep Calm and Flutter On's unsatisfying conclusion that resulted in the neutering of Discord to the rushed finale that could have easily covered two episodes PER plot this season has been disappointment after disappointment. No standalone episode in season 1 or 2 did I feel needed to be a two parter but I have felt this way about multiple episodes the season. Everything felt rushed. If you can't squeeze the big stuff in to a 13 episode season wait for season 4. And what about all the promises made for season season 3? More Manehatten? A Celestia and Luna history episode? Any of that ringing a bell?

Not to mention the concerns about season 4 that absolutely no one will even give us an answer on. Will Twilight become a bigger focus next season and the rest of the mane 6 be pushed into the background? Repeatably McCarthy and Tara state that Twilight won't change. Well that's all fine and dandy but what about her friends?

I have no problem with Twilight being an Alicorn, nor a princess. I have a problem with the hackneyed way it was handled. There was so much potential in the Cutie Mark swap plot and it was wasted on the Princess coronation. You wanna make Twilight an alicorn? Fine. But don't tack on to a far more interesting story.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The more I think about it, the more Twilight doesn't need to change much. Cadance was a Princess, and she sat in Canterlot for years training under Celestia. Twilight doesn't have to instantly rule something.

And the Alicorn transformation came off as very natural and it was clearly what the show has been building to since the first episode. The coronation felt a little tacked on, but I can get over that.

I don't think it was handled in a bad way. Twilight overcame a problem by creating new magic, and the magic wasn't just what she wrote into that book. The new magic she created was using friendship to fix the problem. She didn't use magic, she used friendship and she showed her friends how to use this magic as well to help each other. That's the accomplishment of what Twilight did.

kunonabi

The more I think about it, the more Twilight doesn't need to change much. Cadance was a Princess, and she sat in Canterlot for years training under Celestia. Twilight doesn't have to instantly rule something.

And the Alicorn transformation came off as very natural and it was clearly what the show has been building to since the first episode. The coronation felt a little tacked on, but I can get over that.

I don't think it was handled in a bad way. Twilight overcame a problem by creating new magic, and the magic wasn't just what she wrote into that book. The new magic she created was using friendship to fix the problem. She didn't use magic, she used friendship and she showed her friends how to use this magic as well to help each other. That's the accomplishment of what Twilight did.

i don't know about that. all she did was tell fluttershy to help out rainbow dash and then the rest of them just followed suit. it was such an obvious and easy solution to the problem. celestia says twilight did something that had never been done but that doesn't make any sense. what exactly did starswirl and all these other ponies twilght studied do with their lives? twilght just rhymed a couple lines to finish the spell and bam alicorn. i don't mind her being an alicorn but this was rushed and the explanation was vague and just plain flimsy. it was such a nothing problem to have it come from considering a similar situation already happened with appleboom and they've dealt with much bigger problems without anypony growing wings.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i don't know about that. all she did was tell fluttershy to help out rainbow dash and then the rest of them just followed suit. it was such an obvious and easy solution to the problem. celestia says twilight did something that had never been done but that doesn't make any sense. what exactly did starswirl and all these other ponies twilght studied do with their lives? twilght just rhymed a couple lines to finish the spell and bam alicorn. i don't mind her being an alicorn but this was rushed and the explanation was vague and just plain flimsy. it was such a nothing problem to have it come from considering a similar situation already happened with appleboom and they've dealt with much bigger problems without anypony growing wings.

There's nothing to suggest that star swirl possessed any of the elements. He tried to create a magic on his own to write his destiny.

"From one to another, another to one. A mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled."

The spell would have done nothing, because that's not how this world works.

She just put to paper what she had just done.

"From all of us together, together we are friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end."

And that's what she did. The spell was cast by them all, each of them was able to change (back) their destiny through friendship. You know, because freindship is magic. Each one saw that their friend was in distress.

DY2hjTb.png

At this point, AJ wasn't doing this because she liked, or even wanted to farm. She did it for no reason but to help Pinkie, and discovered (again) that this was her destiny. This spell didn't turn Twilight into an alicorn, this spell was the culmination of her studies and fulfiled her destiny of becoming an alicorn that she herself set herself on as a filly when she decided to study magic.

Amaron

Banned
There's nothing to suggest that star swirl possessed any of the elements. He tried to create a magic on his own to write his destiny.

"From one to another, another to one. A mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled."

"From all of us together, together we are friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end."

And that's what she did. The spell was cast by them all, each of them was able to change (back) their destiny through friendship. You know, because freindship is magic. Each one saw that their friend was in distress.

At this point, AJ wasn't doing this because she liked, or even wanted to farm. She did it for no reason but to help Pinkie, and discovered (again) that this was her destiny. This spell didn't turn Twilight into an alicorn, this spell was the culmination of her studies and fulfiled her destiny of becoming an alicorn that she herself set herself on as a filly when she decided to study magic.

Well spoken. It's what I've been trying to convey to other bronies I know lately that keep picking on the finale.

kunonabi

DY2hjTb.png

i never said the spell itself turned her into an alicorn. i'm just saying that making her into an alicorn for solving what ended up being such a minor problem was overkill and the explanation is just weak. i just find it be a relatively weak culmination of her studies considering how much of a throw-away event it ended up being and i find it difficult to buy that she did something that had never been done before. they never really got around to acknowledging thoses glimpses of power we've seen her display or really study the dark magic from the premiere. heck, she was still having trouble with some of her own spells this season. it's obvious that they were ill-prepared to end the series and rushed her transformation. i don't usually mind hasbro meddling, aside from giving rodimus the boot anyway, but they messed this up badly and i really hope they focus on equestria girls leave fim alone next season.

Xzeon

Banned
thinking about S3 again, im not too happy with it.

Dash went to the Wonder Bolts academy, nothing comes of it.

Discord is back, nothing comes of it.

Equestria Games are invented, nothing comes of it.

the culmination of the main characters entire story arc is rushed to the point of being self parody and a joke.

one small thing that also irritates me about the finale was they made Vinyl Scratch look like complete shit.

so thats 2 Brony favorite character cameos they fucked up.

the longer i think about the season 3 finale the more angry and worried i grow about the series and its future.

i really liked all the filler eps of S3, but the plot heavy stuff felt super throw away and irrelevant, and the finale was really really bad.

then you got that fuckin anthro/human show coming out, i dont like whats going on. they seem to be reverting back into their old ways before Lauren saved the franchise.

human show about highschool, making the main character a princess, ramping up the merch with a big focus on Bronies.

money money money.

i have low expectations for S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom