• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as always, until the group watches it together.
aka forever

q68NOZZ.jpg

Xzeon

Banned

Xzeon

Banned
LOTS OF THINGS:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/aurora-plushies-and-plush-bags-up-for.html

bags n plushies.

not the super accurate ones, those are coming later.

2.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/funko-pop-figures-on-toywiz.html

funko pop figures are up for pre order with coupon

1.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/monopoly-image-pops-up.html

pony monoploy

Capture.JPG

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/burger-king-pony-comparison.html

pony burger king toys in Europe look fucking amazing and i hope we get them.

2013-03-07+23.37.24.jpg

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/tara-strongs-single-being-sold-at-big.html

tara strong song being sold at a pony con.

1.png

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/brony-doc-heading-to-kansas-city-film.html

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/brony-documentary-now-available-on.html

Brony doc will be screened at a Kansas city film festival and is also available on Amazon.com.

1.jpg

yes that is indeed a Bluray

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/beach-ball-comics-signing-event.html

comics signing event in California on April 6th.

1.JPG

Ugh I paid $50 for the bluray via kickstarter and the complete version is $40 on amazon. growl hoot.

Note, I wouldn't mind this (that's what kickstarter is for), but the way they whined about costs and pirates just leaves a bitter taste in how they don't know how kickstarters work.

Xzeon

Banned
Ugh I paid $50 for the bluray via kickstarter and the complete version is $40 on amazon. growl hoot.

Note, I wouldn't mind this (that's what kickstarter is for), but the way they whined about costs and pirates just leaves a bitter taste in how they don't know how kickstarters work.

afaik half the budget went to insane over the top presents for Kickstarter donors.

but i heard the documentary itself was pretty bad, and thats what hurt it the most.

it was just like 'im a boy and i like pony.'

'i am also a boy and i also like pony.'

'people think its weird but its not.'

then they had all this cut content like extended interviews with Lauren and Tara and its like, thats the shit i wanna see! not these random kids praising how great the show is.

i havent seen it so i cant give my own opinion, but it doesnt sound like its worth watching.

afaik half the budget went to insane over the top presents for Kickstarter donors.

but i heard the documentary itself was pretty bad, and thats what hurt it the most.

it was just like 'im a boy and i like pony.'

'i am also a boy and i also like pony.'

'people think its weird but its not.'

then they had all this cut content like extended interviews with Lauren and Tara and its like, thats the shit i wanna see! not these random kids praising how great the show is.

i havent seen it so i cant give my own opinion, but it doesnt sound like its worth watching.
They made $322,022 of their $60,000 goal, 5 times more than they needed. Half went into extras, so they still had 2.5 the goal to do the documentary. They spent over that on crazy stuff not planned hoping to make billions when the documentary came out.

Xzeon

Banned
They made $322,022 of their $60,000 goal, 5 times more than they needed. Half went into extras, so they still had 2.5 the goal to do the documentary. They spent over that on crazy stuff not planned hoping to make billions when the documentary came out.

super poor budgeting = GOD DAMN PIRACY!

PaulloDEC

You're kidding, right? Hoping to make billions?

As the money increased, they expanded the scope of the project by adding trips to additional conventions overseas and hiring more staff. This is how Kickstarter is supposed to work; you create an initial scope and you expand if you get more money than expected.

Then they had all this cut content like extended interviews with Lauren and Tara and its like, thats the shit i wanna see! not these random kids praising how great the show is.

A lot of people misunderstood what the Bronies documentary was. When it was first announced, a lot of fans assumed it was going to be some kind of a gift to the Brony community that chronicled the rise of the show and the fandom surrounding it. That isn't the story the producers wanted to tell.

The producers wanted to tell a story about the people who love the show, specifically people who were united by attending conventions. That was exactly what they did. I found it to be a nice little documentary about some interesting people with whom I share a particular interest.

Fixed, and it's not even the first time that such poor excuse is used.

"I didn't like this" does not equate to poor quality. My day job sees me editing various kinds of video content, and I know poor quality when I see it (half the time I'm the one making it). It might not have been up to the standards of Hollywood, but then $400,000 is a pretty modest budget for a feature-length project.

I realise that people who didn't like the documentary like to have fun by imagining all the ways in which the producers maliciously and/or incompetently screwed them over by making a bad film/stealing their money/being arrogant/being stupid etc, but there comes a time when you have to quit assuming the worst of everyone and get back to the real world.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
As the money increased, they expanded the scope of the project by adding trips to additional conventions overseas and hiring more staff. This is how Kickstarter is supposed to work; you create an initial scope and you expand if you get more money than expected.

Heh, that's not right. It's a nice gesture to go beyond now that you have more sure, but it's not kickstarter works. They couldn't handle their money, and now the people that worked on are fragmented. Their business is dead. It's why they are putting all hope on film festivals now because beyond that, it's over.

Also the movie doesn't have a clean picture of what the audience is. Is it for outsiders? If that's the case, they are still going to need some background. The movie spits out information too fast without explanation so they can focus on people. And the movie isn't for Bronies either, as a cheaper alternative is simply buying a mirror. They put time and effort into the movie yes, but they didn't ask themselves why.

PaulloDEC

Heh, that's not right. It's a nice gesture to go beyond now that you have more sure, but it's not kickstarter works. They couldn't handle their money, and now the people that worked on are fragmented. Their business is dead. It's why they are putting all hope on film festivals now because beyond that, it's over.

But it is how Kickstarter works. That's the entire point of stretch goals. The more people pay, the more the scope of your project increases. Literally every Kickstarter I've seen or supported has done it.

As for the project "being over", should it not be? Isn't the idea now that the producers go off and arrange for broadcast and/or festival deals? How do you imagine it was intended to continue otherwise?

Also the movie doesn't have a clean picture of what the audience is. Is it for outsiders? If that's the case, they are still going to need some background. The movie spits out information too fast without explanation so they can focus on people. And the movie isn't for Bronies either, as a cheaper alternative is simply buying a mirror. They put time and effort into the movie yes, but they didn't ask themselves why.

It was made because it was a subject that interested DeLancie and Brockoff, not a carefully researched product intended to make it big on the mass-market. If it had been they'd have pitched it to a studio rather than go via Kickstarter.

I will concede that the marketing wasn't particularly well-focussed, but that goes with the territory for low-budget filmmaking.

Cheerilee

To quote the Bronycon Kickstarter page...

You may have heard that we are shutting down production. For clarification, this refers to canceling plans to invest more time and money into releasing a disc with additional material and segments that have already been shot but didn't make it into the film.
Note, this does not refer to the current "bonus disc" with interviews, which most people seem to suggest was better than the documentary. They're talking about a second bonus disc.

We have many great stories that just didn't fit into the flow of what we were creating with the film but thought the Brony community would really enjoy seeing. Because the piracy within the Brony community is rampant and pervasive we've come to the conclusion that investing any more time and energy would be not be worthwhile.
They blame "the piracy within the Brony community" as the reason for not releasing this material. They don't blame the lower-than-expected sales of the documentary, which may have something to do with everyone buying it via Kickstarter.

Piracy is a red herring. It doesn't matter. Sales and profits matter. Piracy can effect sales and profits, but it means nothing by itself. By refusing to ever mention low sales (the real concern) and constantly mentioning high piracy (a possible factor), they're just throwing a red herring out there to shift all the blame away from themselves.

Unlike those of you who actually contributed to the creation of the film, there are those who feel the tremendous support we received was simply a financial bonanza and don't understand that we used the money to create the best possible film. They clearly don't understand, appreciate or respect the work and feel that since in their view, you the supporters paid for it, they are entitled to get it for free.
Rather than ignoring the pirates or trying to convert them, they insult them, and play martyr.

Obviously we touched a nerve and many of you have very strong feelings on the subject. I want to make it clear that we did not call all Bronies pirates. We always anticipated some piracy, but did not know it would be as rampant. Yes, in hindsight we should have picked a different release strategy. We stand by our opinion that those who feel justified in downloading the film for free because "others already paid on their behalf" are just plain wrong. We appreciate some understanding that this is not a hobby for us. It's how we pay our bills and feed ourselves. If on its own there is no demand for the film, then so be it. But this is not a theoretical position, we are hurt by piracy and we are not in the same boat as a company like Hasbro who has multiple revenue streams like toy sales.
Still attacking strawman pirates. IMO, the people on Pirate Bay downloading this thing would never have paid to watch it, they're just doing it because "free" and curiosity might be enough to override their hesitation and dread. If they want to feel it's a victimless crime, because it's a kickstarter, and kickstarters break even, I think that's fine. But I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion, because this isn't theory and I have no stake in this game.

Also, it's amusing how they seem to recognize that MLP:FIM was built on the foundation of massive piracy, but it's okay when it's Hasbro.

I want to make it clear that we understand that perhaps we were naive in using pre-sales funds to increase the quality and scope of the film and deferring some of the traditional salaries to be paid by post-release sales to those who had not contributed already. We did so with the best of intentions. No, we did not enjoy a giant payday as some have suggested. For those who think so, I would like to point out that a very similar documentary, and some say not as good, "Comic-Con" had a 1.5 million budget.
Basically, these guys are bad at math. They used pre-sales to create material, they're butthurt because they forgot to pay themselves, and now (after partially paying themselves from what few "regular" sales they had) they don't have any cash left to release everything they filmed.

Honestly, the worst part of this whole affair was seeing MLP's creative staff taking this documentary-producer's side in various random tweets against MLP fans.

tafer

"I didn't like this" does not equate to poor quality. My day job sees me editing various kinds of video content, and I know poor quality when I see it (half the time I'm the one making it). It might not have been up to the standards of Hollywood, but then $400,000 is a pretty modest budget for a feature-length project.

I realise that people who didn't like the documentary like to have fun by imagining all the ways in which the producers maliciously and/or incompetently screwed them over by making a bad film/stealing their money/being arrogant/being stupid etc, but there comes a time when you have to quit assuming the worst of everyone and get back to the real world.

Welp, Cheerilee explained way better what I was going to say and...

Honestly, the worst part of this whole affair was seeing MLP's creative staff taking this documentary-producer's side in various random tweets against MLP fans.

This is something I completely agree with.

Also, it's amusing how they seem to recognize that MLP:FIM was built on the foundation of massive piracy, but it's okay when it's Hasbro.

Because it affects a "company" not "them" ;p

Basically, these guys are bad at math. They used pre-sales to create material, they're butthurt because they forgot to pay themselves, and now (after partially paying themselves from what few "regular" sales they had) they don't have any cash left to release everything they filmed.

My inner accountant cries.. and this is why I find some kickstarters iffy. I actually contributed not to one, but to an Indiegogo one for the whole Fly B Gone salt gun thing, and EVEN when it cost them extra and MONTHS of negotiation, they delivered most products to people in the EU and Australia, and issues refunds to all who asked.

You know why right, the oldest motivation in the world: THEY FUCKING BENEFIT! They wouldn't say it, but they do.

Fucking assholes.. lol

PaulloDEC

Piracy is a red herring. It doesn't matter. Sales and profits matter. Piracy can effect sales and profits, but it means nothing by itself. By refusing to ever mention low sales (the real concern) and constantly mentioning high piracy (a possible factor), they're just throwing a red herring out there to shift all the blame away from themselves.

Still attacking strawman pirates. IMO, the people on Pirate Bay downloading this thing would never have paid to watch it, they're just doing it because "free" and curiosity might be enough to override their hesitation and dread. If they want to feel it's a victimless crime, because it's a kickstarter, and kickstarters break even, I think that's fine. But I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion, because this isn't theory and I have no stake in this game.

It's become really popular in the last couple of years to immediately dismiss piracy as a non-issue. Sometimes that might be justified, other times not so much. This is the latter.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 90% or more of the people who pirated the film are dedicated bronies. The biggest mistake that the documentary producers made was to think too highly of the community, to be honest. They didn't fully understand that the fandom is built on piracy, and they let the honesty and integrity of the people they met in person convince them that the entire brony community were like that.

But it is okay when it's Hasbro. It's been mentioned a thousand times before, but Hasbro's primary revenue stream is merchandise. They're well within their rights (and their power) to shut down the Youtube videos as fast as the fans can upload them, but they don't because A) they don't significantly affect their business, and B) they still do the exact thing the show was always meant to do, i.e. create exposure for the franchise so as to sell more merch.

I won't dispute that. They took a shot at making a film for an unexplored market and it didn't all go perfectly. What I will dispute are all the people making out that the guys behind the documentary are all mustache-twirling cartoon villains.

Creative people hate to see other creative people getting screwed/failing. Hardly surprising.

It's become really popular in the last couple of years to immediately dismiss piracy as a non-issue. Sometimes that might be justified, other times not so much. This is the latter.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 90% or more of the people who pirated the film are dedicated bronies. The biggest mistake that the documentary producers made was to think too highly of the community, to be honest. They didn't fully understand that the fandom is built on piracy, and they let the honesty and integrity of the people they met in person convince them that the entire brony community were like that.

I won't dispute that. They took a shot at making a film for an unexplored market and it didn't all go perfectly. What I will dispute are all the people making out that the guys behind the documentary are all mustache-twirling cartoon villains.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 90% of the people interested in purchasing the Documentary already bought it via the kcikstarter. Expecting more sales to pay for extra costs not planned or listed in the kickstarter doesn't mean you can blame low sales on piracy.

I see no one saying the creators were villians. Just bad with money.

Thinking that fans will jump at the opportunity to buy this documentary is silly. The fans enjoy the show because of its quality. When something isn't quality they don't want it. Look at hasbro plushies vs home made stuff. Look at G3-G1 versions of G4 characters vs Funko.

PaulloDEC

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 90% of the people interested in purchasing the Documentary already bought it via the Kickstarter.

I'm sure you're right - that was the trouble, unfortunately. The great up-swell of enthusiasm around the project led the producers to believe that people would be interested in buying, when really the people who were willing to actually pay for the film had already done so via the Kickstarter. The rest were willing to wait for it to show up on Youtube/Pirate Bay/Whatever.

Thinking that fans will jump at the opportunity to buy this documentary is silly. The fans enjoy the show because of its quality. When something isn't quality they don't want it. Look at hasbro plushies vs home made stuff. Look at G3-G1 versions of G4 characters vs Funko.

If you're suggesting the documentary wasn't of high-quality, I still disagree with that. It might not have been the documentary that everyone wanted, but it wasn't poor quality for the budget.

As for the quality argument in general, it sure hasn't stopped fans racing out to buy brushable figures or McDonalds toys!

But it is okay when it's Hasbro. It's been mentioned a thousand times before, but Hasbro's primary revenue stream is merchandise. They're well within their rights (and their power) to shut down the Youtube videos as fast as the fans can upload them, but they don't because A) they don't significantly affect their business, and B) they still do the exact thing the show was always meant to do, i.e. create exposure for the franchise so as to sell more merch.

Regarding piracy: HOW DO YOU FUCKING KNO! I am SICK and tired of being accused of this bullshit from snot-nosed industry idiots (this goes for gaming as well, but we are talking video for now..). I BOUGHT all the mini collection DVD Season 1, and will probably import the German Bluray, if I hear nice things about it. BUT YES! I pirate 90 percent of the time. /sarc (seriously.. blanket staements..GAH! But don't worry, I can play that too! ;p )

I also buy merchandise, but do not stream or watch the episodes online (I record them on my DVR.. I better pay Hasbro for renting it, right?) i suppose I should stop my customs too. seeing that I make massive WAIT, I don't make that much money. My brother and I actually, GIVE some to people? I guess I am just crazy! (truth be told, I bought well over 50 brushables for customs, Hasbro was made plenty off me)

As for the villains. you seem to make "us" out in the opening statement. and honestly, I take offense to that. It is not how I play. (By "us" I mean Pony fans, I refuse to use that stupid word!!!)

Creative people hate to see other creative people getting screwed/failing. Hardly surprising.

I don't believe it, I see other artist attack each other a lot, but maybe, MAYBE I am just viewing this from a consumer artist perspective (My brother's work, vs, say the asshole who charges $190 for a custom. THAT is insane)

I can question your loyalties as well: After all, you are in the industry is it RIGHT to assume, 90 percent of the time, you'll support crap like this. Or am I off base? ;p

I am not attacking you as a person, but your statements come off as corporate/business white-knighting... if I am wrong, call me out, I would love to be corrected.

(and once again, I am going to be called "that guy"... grr, whatever. I am used to it)

Gotchaye

I don't think this really works. There's no real reason to think that people who like the show would overwhelmingly care about some documentary about people who like the show. If "dedicated bronies" instead means people who are really invested in the community, then it's really hard to believe that they would pirate the end result of a project that large parts of the community were enthusiastic about. Being invested in the community means wanting community projects to succeed, basically. How much did the Kickstarter bring in in the first place? Kickstarters have a similar sort of collective action problem - your marginal contribution is extremely unlikely to make the difference between the project being made and not being made, so it's essentially charity to the extent that the rewards for giving some amount aren't worth the money in themselves. If the Kickstarter did relatively well it'd be bizarre to turn around and say that the documentary's target audience would pirate it.

Surely the vast majority of the piracy was from people more like me - people who enjoy the show but who don't really consider themselves part of the community of fans. I haven't watched it, but I find the concept vaguely interesting in an I'd-never-pay-for-it sort of way. A lot of downloads have to be due to habitual downloaders who will torrent anything that seems the least bit interesting. They'll watch ten minutes of it and never think about it again. Hell, many are probably people who don't even like the show. "A brony documentary. WTF? *Click*"

PaulloDEC

Regarding piracy: HOW DO YOU FUCKING KNO! I am SICK and tired of being accused of this bullshit from snot-nosed industry idiots (this goes for gaming as well, but we are talking video for now..). I BOUGHT all the mini collection DVD Season 1, and will probably import the German Bluray, if I hear nice things about it. BUT YES! I pirate 90 percent of the time. /sarc (seriously.. blanket staements..GAH! But don't worry, I can play that too! ;p )

I'm glad you've been making legit purchases, and the moment I can get my hands on some Blu-Rays I'll be right there with you. As for "HOW DO I KNOW?!" regarding the piracy, well, I don't. It's an educated guess based on my own life experience. I might be wrong, but I don't think so, or I wouldn't have said it. Just to be clear, in terms of piracy I've been talking purely about the Bronies documentary. Anything beyond that is a totally different discussion I'm not trying to instigate.

As for the villains. you seem to make "us" out in the opening statement. and honestly, I take offense to that. It is not how I play. (By "us" I mean Pony fans, I refuse to use that stupid word!!!)

The only people I mean to target are the ones who pirated the documentary. If you weren't one of those, you shouldn't feel any offense :)

I'm not going to pretend I'm some kind of non-pirating saint, but I do really find it reprehensible when people pirate indie projects.

I can question your loyalties as well: After all, you are in the industry is it RIGHT to assume, 90 percent of the time, you'll support crap like this. Or am I off base? ;p

I am not attacking you as a person, but your statements come off as corporate/business white-knighting... if I am wrong, call me out, I would love to be corrected.

(and once again, I am going to be called "that guy"... grr, whatever. I am used to it)

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here, but:

Am I in the industry? Well, I'm in the business of making TV commercials and corporate work in a very small studio (it's literally me and the boss), if that counts. Rather than trying to be pro-corporate, I'm just trying to express that film-making is a difficult, unpredictable process, and that people should chill out a little with the conspiracy theories.

As for "90 percent of the time, you'll support crap like this.", I'm not sure what crap you're referring to? Your post was a little difficult to read.

PaulloDEC

I don't think this really works. There's no real reason to think that people who like the show would overwhelmingly care about some documentary about people who like the show. If "dedicated bronies" instead means people who are really invested in the community, then it's really hard to believe that they would pirate the end result of a project that large parts of the community were enthusiastic about. Being invested in the community means wanting community projects to succeed, basically.

I agree with you in many ways, but the Brony community is an interesting one with a lot of unusual attributes. Firstly, it's well-known that the fandom would never have existed were it not for the file-sharing culture that exists on the internet nowadays, and I think that results in a huge amount of people who won't think twice about pirating *anything*. Secondly, something I'm always keenly aware of is that the bit of any given fandom you can see in forums or websites or conventions is only ever the tip of the iceberg. To put it another way, the kinds of fans and the representation of fandom we see most clearly isn't necessarily representative of the whole.

How much did the Kickstarter bring in in the first place? Kickstarters have a similar sort of collective action problem - your marginal contribution is extremely unlikely to make the difference between the project being made and not being made, so it's essentially charity to the extent that the rewards for giving some amount aren't worth the money in themselves. If the Kickstarter did relatively well it'd be bizarre to turn around and say that the documentary's target audience would pirate it.

I think the trouble was that all of the fans who were willing to pay, did. They supported the Kickstarter. Unfortunately that meant that by the time the documentary was available for regular purchase, the only people left were the ones who wanted to watch it but weren't willing to pay.

Surely the vast majority of the piracy was from people more like me - people who enjoy the show but who don't really consider themselves part of the community of fans. I haven't watched it, but I find the concept vaguely interesting in an I'd-never-pay-for-it sort of way. A lot of downloads have to be due to habitual downloaders who will torrent anything that seems the least bit interesting. They'll watch ten minutes of it and never think about it again. Hell, many are probably people who don't even like the show. "A brony documentary. WTF? *Click*"

I'm sure there's been a decent amount of curiosity clicks, but I'm personally of the opinion (and again, this is my personal feeling, I have not facts one way or the other) that the Brony clicks greatly outnumbered them. I could be totally wrong, but that is my guess.

Cheerilee

I wouldn't say that piracy is a non-issue, I would say that piracy is "not the issue".

- The producers have content.
- The producers won't release it on DVD because they don't believe enough people will buy it in order to risk a print run.
- The producers believe that piracy is the cause of their theoretical sales problem.

The problem is not piracy. The problem is low sales projections. Piracy might be a reason for the low sales, but it's not the core issue.

The documentary producers skipped right over the subject of low sales, not really even mentioning it in passing, because that would imply a failure on their part, and jumped straight to piracy.

- The producers have content.
- They can't release it because piracy.

That's just scapegoating. Even Shout Factory goes straight to "we don't believe the sales figures are there" whenever someone asks them about season 2 or Blu-Ray box sets (which makes me sad, I thought for sure the S1 box set would have been lucrative enough for them to explore other options).

I do believe that piracy is very prevalent in the Brony community, because the "My Little Pony" brand carries stigma and acts like a barrier, but piracy made it easy for people to give the show a chance, and I think that piracy has been an overwhelming positive for the show.

And I think that a Brony documentary by itself carries a similar stigma. I think that most of the bronies who were willing to pay for it supported the kickstarter. I think there's another, bigger group who might be curious, but it's hard to say how curious they are. Piracy gave them a way to satisfy their curiosity. Did they lose sales because people had an easy way to satisfy their curiosity? Yeah. Did they gain sales? It's possible, but that only really happens if the material is good enough, and anecdotal reports seemed to say it wasn't good enough to do that (I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it).

It also doesn't help that the documentary producers failed to appeal to the pirates, choosing instead to insult them and blame them for their woes. When they asked pirates to stop looking at their copyrighted work, they killed much of the interest in their work. But then again, if the documentary wasn't appealing enough to convince pirates to buy the Blu-ray, then it doesn't really matter how much enthusiasm they killed by objecting.

I'm going to go out on a limb here
image.php

brian577

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb here
image.php
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Still attacking strawman pirates. IMO, the people on Pirate Bay downloading this thing would never have paid to watch it, they're just doing it because "free" and curiosity might be enough to override their hesitation and dread.
There's also the people who are waiting for their next paycheck to purchase, because they want to watch it now, but would personally financially unwise to do so with money until a slightly later date.

What I find amusing is that people claim piracy is an issue and that people prefer to consume without paying. And yet, when people ask for money to get things done, particularly if it is for something people want, people fling money at them even though there is no guarantee of return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom