• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Princess Celestia was given a goddess for her Japense dub. An appropriate actress who can do the part justice.

For Princess Luna, they got.... someone...

And have a Japanese pony song.

all i am is embarrassed by the amount of aspergers this show produces and how much hate is spewed at me for it.

fuck it.

Did you even notice that there's a lot of people in that thread bashing on the haters who don't set foot in this thread? Because I have.

Thread? What thread?

also,

ACF9J4C.png

pony is on the downward spiral.

season 4 will be fucking horrible.

might just sell all my pony bullshit and renounce the fandom completely.

all i am is embarrassed by the amount of aspergers this show produces and how much hate is spewed at me for it.

fuck it.
yes

PaulloDEC

fuck it.

If the show no longer makes you happy, you'd be wise to take a step back from it.

Alternately, try dialing back your involvement. I stopped reading episode reviews and comments during S3, and I was a lot happier for doing so.

brian577

Banned
If the show no longer makes you happy, you'd be wise to take a step back from it.

Alternately, try dialing back your involvement. I stopped reading episode reviews and comments during S3, and I was a lot happier for doing so.

That's a policy I will most certainly employ for season 4.

PaulloDEC

That's a policy I will most certainly employ for season 4.

I'd definitely reccomend it. Seeing so many people picking at tiny aspects of the show made me realise that it's really not the kind of program I enjoy being that critical about. Even small side-effects of being involved with the community were becoming a problem; for example, knowing the names of all the writers and the popular opinions of them had led to me pre-judging episodes the moment the credit appeared on the screen (or even earlier if I'd been keeping up with the news).

I fell in love with the show knowing nothing about it, and disconnecting from the fandom a little helped me regain some of that magic.

tafer

I'd definitely reccomend it. Seeing so many people picking at tiny aspects of the show made me realise that it's really not the kind of program I enjoy being that critical about. Even small side-effects of being involved with the community were becoming a problem; for example, knowing the names of all the writers and the popular opinions of them had led to me pre-judging episodes the moment the credit appeared on the screen (or even earlier if I'd been keeping up with the news).

I fell in love with the show knowing nothing about it, and disconnecting from the fandom a little helped me regain some of that magic.

I have to admit, that's a pretty good advice.

But at the same time, the really, really good episodes are better when they are super analyzed and you find stuff that you didn't notice.

PaulloDEC

Letting the fandom influence your opinion on something, lol.

lCuYjxz.gif

It's mostly subconcious, so I can't really do much about it!

And yes, I'll have the cake.

I have to admit, that's a pretty good advice.

But at the same time, the really, really good episodes are better when they are super analyzed and you find stuff that you didn't notice.

I actually don't mind some of the analysis; for example, I always really enjoy the screenshot rundowns that Equestria Daily do after an episode. It's mainly the fan response that troubles me, where people will complain about things I'd never even considered. If being critical causes me to actually enjoy the show less, to hell with being critical.

tafer

I actually don't mind some of the analysis; for example, I always really enjoy the screenshot rundowns that Equestria Daily do after an episode. It's mainly the fan response that troubles me, where people will complain about things I'd never even considered. If being critical causes me to actually enjoy the show less, to hell with being critical.

Same here but like a moth to a flame, I can't stop myself from paying a visit to certain places that love to over analyze and criticize everything about everything.

Cheerilee

I go into media blackout mode before the episode, and I find that really lets the show stand on it's own. Or at least that's what works for me. After I've formed my own opinions, I enjoy finding out what other people thought of it. When they bring up issues I never considered (whether they're positive or negative), I think it really adds to the experience.

Also, I'm fine with people being critical of the show (or at least to the level we saw in season 3), because I feel the show's still overwhelmingly positive. It's like... everything in S3 was rushed. Yep. I will freely admit that. Totally rushed. Still better than 95% of what I can find on TV today.

Have I ever thanked you for introducing me to SF Debris?

If not, thank you for introducing me to SF Debris.

PaulloDEC

I'd never seen that before, cheers!

Same here but like a moth to a flame, I can't stop myself from paying a visit to certain places that love to over analyze and criticize everything about everything.

I'm like that with a bunch of shows I watch to be honest. I'm a lifelong Doctor Who fan for example, so by this point in time I'm virtually impervious to being influenced by others.

With MLP however, I like to keep a safe distance. Hearing every opinion and knowing every detail is something I enjoy much more with other, different shows.

I go into media blackout mode before the episode, and I find that really lets the show stand on it's own. Or at least that's what works for me. After I've formed my own opinions, I enjoy finding out what other people thought of it. When they bring up issues I never considered (whether they're positive or negative), I think it really adds to the experience.

Also, I'm fine with people being critical of the show (or at least to the level we saw in season 3), because I feel the show's still overwhelmingly positive. It's like... everything in S3 was rushed. Yep. I will freely admit that. Totally rushed. Still better than 95% of what I can find on TV today.

At the end of the day, you've gotta just do whatever works best for you. I'm probably still establishing what the right level of involvement is for me, but if you've got a system that works, I say run with it!

Jintor

Trying to discern if the hard rock in Tomodachi wa Mahou is dubbed in or not.

Anyway, I guess I'm back in for the duration. I haven't seen S3 yet, I think.

Ricky 7

fuck it.

Well to be frank the people who hate you for liking this show are mostly dick heads anyway so I wouldn't take what they say to heart.

Rootbeer

Banned
FiM must have set some kind of record. It grew such a massive, vocal and creative fandom so incredibly fast during its first season. I don't know that there's ever been such a grassroots fandom like it before. It's been interesting watching how things have soured since the premier of season 3. Yeah, if season 4 isn't an improvement I don't see things going very well from here forward. For the record, I just started watching the show a week or two ago so I'm taking this all in at once.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FiM must have set some kind of record. It grew such a massive, vocal and creative fandom so incredibly fast during its first season. I don't know that there's ever been such a grassroots fandom like it before. It's been interesting watching how things have soured since the premier of season 3. Yeah, if season 4 isn't an improvement I don't see things going very well from here forward. For the record, I just started watching the show a week or two ago so I'm taking this all in at once.

Star Trek. It survived for years, generating a successful movie franchise, and several successful spin offs long after it was canceled. Really was the first example of a truly organized fandom, with conventions and such. They even got a Space Shuttle named "Enterprise".

akira28

Star Trek. It survived for years, generating a successful movie franchise, and several successful spin offs long after it was canceled. Really was the first example of a truly organized fandom, with conventions and such. They even got a Space Shuttle named "Enterprise".

hrm...if this could be as good as Star Trek that would be cool. Alas I don't think MLP or Hasbro is quite up to that. They would have to bring her back to be their Gene Roddenberry, and they would have to trust her to create new projects.

Right now we went from TOS directly to a show based on Bat-faced Romulans. So...

vv: don't let em get ya down bruv. they ain't about that Friendship is Magic life. But you are, so don't forget what that means.

Xzeon

Banned
i dont know how to feel.

just never been apart of something that was so hated, and had so many creepy insane people in the fandom.

im just filled with intense rage, and hate most people, these Brony freaks just make my skin crawl and make me super cringe.

i guess i dont have skin of stone or a thick enough back bone.

im going through a lot of other bullshit in my life, i just dont even know what to do or how to feel.

this is the first fandom ive been heavily involved in, and its also happens to be controversial and universally hated and bashed.

i just dont know if i can handle it.

i coulndt even be in OT cuz of that thread, just seeing the name of the thread made me ill.

im just all fucked in the head and i was beyond angry yesterday.

i have nothing left to say.

akira28

I've been into a lot of things. Fandoms being an "acceptable" thing is a modern phenomenon. And they're constantly checking their peers for approval. We didn't do that in the old days, because we knew approval wasn't happening. Science and technology was for freaks and geeks only. I would never tell someone I was a Trek fan even 20 years ago, because even back then people were idiots. And idiots will never go out of style.

First they attacked us because of gender issues, then they attacked us because of age issues, and our apparent lack of maturity. Escapism. Didn't really stick. Now we're perverts and child molesters. I don't even have to accept the gross or creepy things that some people do, I just have to like the same thing they like, share that one thing in common, and then we're all weird. Not only that, we should *know* we're weird. It doesn't even do to go down the list of things other people like to find analog examples of perversion, and show how it doesn't affect the greater subject. Because I don't think the higher functions are the ones in control here...

Just don't let the negativity of other people change you. We know what we get out of this is positive. So, fuck the haters. You're not there for them, you're not here for them.

Parfait

For me it's not about having thick skin or anything, I literally dont give a fuck if someone's opinion about something differs from mine, and that's triple so for anyone whom I dont know.

Like, unless someone physically attacks me, or talks shit to me in person, or actually looks me up online to talk shit directly at me, who cares?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
For me it's not about having thick skin or anything, I literally dont give a fuck if someone's opinion about something differs from mine, and that's triple so for anyone whom I dont know.

Like, unless someone physically attacks me, or talks shit to me in person, or actually looks me up online to talk shit directly at me, who cares?

Amen to that.

Prade

i dont know how to feel.

just never been apart of something that was so hated, and had so many creepy insane people in the fandom.

im just filled with intense rage, and hate most people, these Brony freaks just make my skin crawl and make me super cringe.

im going through a lot of other bullshit in my life, i just dont even know what to do or how to feel.

this is the first fandom ive been heavily involved in, and its also happens to be controversial and universally hated and bashed.

i coulndt even be in OT cuz of that thread, just seeing the name of the thread made me ill.

I think you're too preoccupied with this. I've been called weird irl for telling my bros I like the show(they've watch it too), but outside of them nobody knows or associates me(including the bros) with the show. If an everyday person were to meet and maybe have a chat with me, they wouldn't ever know I watch this show. So what's the problem here, Xz? You're caring too much about random people's opinion of "bronies", something you claim you aren't. Please for your own sake, just try and distract yourself from whoever be trolling you or the fans. I understand the meltdown here, but it shouldn't be happening.

i dont know how to feel.

I'm a Digimon fan. How do you think I felt when seasons 3 and 4 were the hotness?

In either case, you truy are putting too much thought into it. You certainly don't have to associate with Bronies if you don't wanna, and you certainly shouldn't care about what other people think about the show.

i dont know how to feel.

You're a cool dude, don't let that bring you down. Many of us have been total dicks in the OT thread (myself included), but we're all just very passionate about our believes sometimes. It's clear not all the fans are into the creepy stuff. People tend to generalize, it happens all the time with many things (most of us are guilty of this at some point).

If it does you more harm than good, then you should quit; but there's nothing wrong with just liking a silly cartoon.

While I do find a portion of the fans of this show to be very creepy and some might be ill, I don't thing it's ok for them to be made fun of.

Those discussions always boil that to where it's at now, it's to be expected (just as the fact that many will never reach to an agreement there).

Cheerilee

i dont know how to feel.

There are freaks in every fandom (even manly-man fandoms like sports), ranging from the mildly awkward to the monstrously criminal. You can't control which other people happen to like the same things that you like, and the thing you like didn't make these people what they are today (nor will it turn you into one of them). At most, something about it attracted them. Maybe you attracted them. Consider it a compliment.

But the bullies who attack the freaks (and who bully you for not joining the crusade) are themselves freaks, second only to the monstrously criminal freaks IMO.

Don't engage them. If you start to feel yourself getting upset, just back away. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you. Not unless you let them hurt you. You, not they, control the power of their words. Remember that.

If you're not enjoying the show, feel free to dial it down or stop watching entirely, but don't cut yourself off from something you enjoy just because some bullies pushed you to do it. They aren't suddenly going to become your new friends if you give up the things you like, and even if they did, they'd be pretty terrible friends. The majority of people don't care if you happen to enjoy some things they don't. Those are the ones who make good friends. And if you're not enjoying the show because some assholes ruined it for you, try not to let assholes ruin your enjoyment of things. Remember, they're assholes.

I don't know if it's been posted but here are the subbed Japanese episodes of My Little Pony.

Edit: I took out the links. Just google search for them.

Cheerilee

I don't know if it's been posted but here are the subbed Japanese episodes of My Little Pony.

Pretty sure we're not supposed to be obvious about those.

We can, however, tell people to go watch the Japanese episodes on Youtube with the machine-translated captions turned on though.

Rarity knows that feel.

Wut?

Nice response.

Yeah, that happens sometimes.

Oh sure, just sweep it under the rug.

LuffyZoro

Meghan said:
Q: Anything cool planned for the CMC in S4?”
A: Yes!

Q: A lot of bronies are upset about alicorn Twilight. Without giving anything away, do you think S4 will keep everyone happy?”

Q: Are you tired of working on and talking about ponies?”
A: Never!

Q: Will we ever see Rarity as the central character again? She stole every scene/episode she was in this season….”

Q: Any chance Spike will get as much awesome moments/love in season 4 as he did (if not, more than) in season 3?”
A: Yep.

Q: will Fluttershy be a main focus in more episodes?
A: yep

Q: Any big musical numbers planned for the next season? 'This Day Aria' was amazing!”
A: Yes. So excited about S4 music.

Q: Will we be introduced to new characters?”
A: Yep. Some really good ones.

Q: plan on adding in more pop-culture references throughout S4?
A: Definitely

Q: Thoughts on pacing? Are you continuing the "epic" tone in S3 or are you planning on slowing it back down at all?”
A: Both

Q: Are there going to be any Slice-of-Life episodes in S4?”
A: Lots

Q: How has it been working on S4 so far compared to S3 & 2? Was it ever overwhelming previously?”
A: Less overwhelming than S3

Q: any new writers for the series?”
A: Yes

Q: Coming to EFNW?” (Also Bronycon and Nightmare Nights)
A: If they invite me :)

Q: Will we see more of Rarity's generosity in S4?”

Q: Any chance of us finding out more about Equestrian history?”

Q: if you were to describe season 4 in 1 word what would that word be?”
A: Ambitious

Q: Will we get to see any more members of the mane 6's families?”

Q: How would you describe the overall tone of S4? Will the focus be greater on drama, humor, or adventure?”
A: Packed w/ all 3

Q: What's your personal favourite episode you've written? And by extension what's your fav #MLPFiM ep?”
A: Hasn’t aired yet

Q: Will Daniel Ingram still be doing lots and lots of awesome songs for us to remix in season 4?”
A: Lots and lots and lots and lots

Q: etter question. Despite Twilight's new status she'll still have flaws and a lot of room for personal growth in S4 yes?”

Q: How many more Alicorns should we be expecting?”
A: 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom