• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing the pony thread on OT and always wind up here.

I don't personally identify as a brony or even a core member of the fanbase, but my MLP community overlords and overlordesses...I just wanted to tell y'all that I interpret any direct attack on this show as a war on endearingly cute things as a whole. And for it I will fight!

('Cuz dammit, the world needs more cuteness~)

EDIT: btw, everyone bow down to Empress Sweetie Belle.

xCjxXlw.png

judhudson

nah seriously $200 you should just go fucking kill yourself.

im going through so much shit and everyone is just annoyed with me.

fuck you guys for real.

thanks for being great friends you stupid retarded cunts.

Is this and the long image spam really necessary? Get a hold of yourself, man, and seek help if you need to.

Cheerilee

I'm assuming posts were deleted. Nothing good comes from Pony threads in the OT.

Not really, Xzeon just edited one post to take back something harsh which he said.

Xzeon's apparently been feeling depressed and suicidal (mentioned in other threads), and the hate-thread pushed him into a bad place (something even the haters didn't intend).

$200 accidentally set him off by being honest. It true, looking at Xzeon's pain directly is more uncomfortable than being aware of the existence of easily-ignored haters in the distance.

If you're reading this Xzeon, know that we all care about you, even the guys in the hate thread and the mods who banned you. Please just concentrate on getting healthy.

I think the best thing to do is just ignore any further pony threads in OT. Each one always mimics all of the previous ones.

I agree, I'm always intending to add a sarcastic reply somewhere, but it really does appear to be the same thing, and I'm usually too lazy to go through the whole song and dance as to why the show is enjoyable, and why we're not all crazy cloppers. After a while I'm pretty much like "Meh, they refuse to believe anything else from us, so let them think what they want" And there's people like Forester and Cheerilee who can articulate my same thoughts so well anyway.

At the same time it still amuses me that after all this time, there are people who can go "Huh? This is a thing? I thought it was just some dumb meme or joke or something"

EDIT: Also, new avatar, what do you guys think? Too small, or should I crop it a little to make it bigger?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
7jcuchJ.jpg

Everypony’s got a story to tell in this new arc by fan-favorites Katie Cook & Andy Price! The citizens of Ponyville take center stage as an ordinary morning for Big McIntosh quickly turns into an unexpected adventure! Filled with tons of colorful characters and side stories, this issue will put Big McIntosh’s typical bashfulness to the test!

22 short stories about Ponyville!

akira28

Xzeon we weren't all annoyed with you dude. I think I can understand on some level some of what you feel. And I can certainly understand a good rant. But don't hold it against the people aren't aren't against you. And if you have something seriously bothering you, you could say so. I'm sure many of us would care to listen. Or vent that out, instead of letting something else as small as this push you over the edge.

Hope to see you back and in better spirits. This friendship is magic stuff isn't just for entertainment purposes only you know.

I think the best thing to do is just ignore any further pony threads in OT. Each one always mimics all of the previous ones.

Agreed, usually I'm in for the beginning to throw some jokes around, but once people start destroying the thread with circle logic and ignorance, I dip.

This is all that needs to be said in those threads that devolve into "I don't like pony, so fuck anyone who like them":

j02P4kVZB4lTw.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well the Japanese Mane 6's VA's are supposed to be mostly idol singers, right?
Not really.

So that means they're big fakers and they can't sing, and they lip synch and use uncredited singing doubles who are less photogenic, right?
No, the VA singer is a big thing in anime, and has been for a really long time. Maaya Sakamoto, Megumi Hayashibara, Aya Hisakawa, etc, etc. In terms of identity they're not fakers at all, although one could make arguments in terms of casting and production.

Cheerilee

No, the VA singer is a big thing in anime, and has been for a really long time. Maaya Sakamoto, Megumi Hayashibara, Aya Hisakawa, etc, etc. In terms of identity they're not fakers at all, although one could make arguments in terms of casting and production.

I was mostly kidding.

Cheerilee

Ugh my japanese reading sucks now a days.

Rarity Essence?
Apple... fick? Applevick?
Shy isogel?

Rarity's cat is named Opalescence.
Fluttershy's bunny is named Angel.

There's probably some sort of naming-hybridization going on. Although Applejack's dog is Winona, and I don't see the connection, but it's probably there, just lost in translation.

blamite

Rarity's cat is named Opalescence.
Fluttershy's bunny is named Angel.

There's probably some sort of naming-hybridization going on. Although Applejack's dog is Winona, and I don't see the connection, but it's probably there, just lost in translation.

I think it just says "Apple Winona"? Which I guess is technically accurate.

It's sad that this is all the use I got out of my Highschol Japanese classes.

kunonabi

She crashed two seconds later. "Everything with be just fine! Whoaaa!" *CRASH*

that bit looks really stupid as does twilight still looking up to starswirl despite surpassing him and becoming royalty. hopefully they handle this alicorn stuff better than these clips suggest.

McNum

SORCERY!

Going to power through S3 this week. Not sure what to expect...
Well, there's a drinking game with episode 3. Whenever Pinkie says "Fun!", take a sip.
Do NOT do this!

Other than that, it has some of the best and some not so good episodes in it. Interestingly, it's sort of divided which are which, so that might be a good thing. "Sleepless in Ponyville" is some of the best pony of the series in my opinion.

And yeah, take your time, we have a long time until season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom