• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulloDEC

that bit looks really stupid as does twilight still looking up to starswirl despite surpassing him and becoming royalty. hopefully they handle this alicorn stuff better than these clips suggest.

So you're saying that once your talents surpass those of your heroes you're supposed to suddenly lose all respect for them? What kind of a jerk does that? I'm pretty sure there's still plenty a rookie like Twilight can learn from Starswirl's work.

Good news:
Season 4 isn't EG!
Bad news:
Crystal Empire....again

S4 is going to be a full run though, right? I can handle a couple of episodes
in the Crystal Empire
out of 26.

Videoneon

Take them slowly imo. There are only 13 episodes and there won't be any more until winter.

Well, there's a drinking game with episode 3. Whenever Pinkie says "Fun!", take a sip.
Do NOT do this!

Other than that, it has some of the best and some not so good episodes in it. Interestingly, it's sort of divided which are which, so that might be a good thing. "Sleepless in Ponyville" is some of the best pony of the series in my opinion.

And yeah, take your time, we have a long time until season 4.

Thanks for the tips! I'm a little too excited to find out what happened in these episodes to ration them until the new season starts. I'll be fine with checking out this thread and other pony media, plus there's always GAF and a bunch of other stuff I can check up on to keep me busy. Plus, I'm sure spoilers, interviews, and general teaser details will trickle forth in the coming months to keep me sated.

I hope Rarity is still a goddess.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You guys are seriously spoilering a Hot Topic minute that may or may not have had 2 seconds of footage from season 2?

It was funny (though it didn't sound like Tara). If there's one thing I want to take away from this, it's that Twilight will not be wearing the princess jewelry all the time.

And for the people complaining about continuity, hovering is far more difficult that just flying forward.

McNum

You guys are seriously spoilering a Hot Topic minute that may or may not have had 2 seconds of footage from season 2?

It was funny (though it didn't sound like Tara). If there's one thing I want to take away from this, it's that Twilight will not be wearing the princess jewelry all the time.

And for the people complaining about continuity, hovering is far more difficult that just flying forward.
It may just be a two second clip, but it's all the information we have on season four, so yes, it's silly to spoiler so little on its own, but we are actually tagging 100% of the known info.

kunonabi

Thanks for the tips! I'm a little too excited to find out what happened in these episodes to ration them until the new season starts. I'll be fine with checking out this thread and other pony media, plus there's always GAF and a bunch of other stuff I can check up on to keep me busy. Plus, I'm sure spoilers, interviews, and general teaser details will trickle forth in the coming months to keep me sated.

I hope Rarity is still a goddess.

nothing can ever change that. She still rocked season 3 even though she was barely in it.

girls
tumblr_ml4h77TthY1ql9qako1_1280.png

I was upset that it wasn't tagged in another forum's thread, so yes, I appreciate that it's in spoiler tags here.
But we don't know if it's stuff from season 4, or just something Hot Topic got Hasbro to throw together for them...

Which is exactly why you put it in spoiler tags/ I don't see what's so difficult about this concept? On the flip end, is it that hard to highlight spoilers if you don't care about them?

I'm actually pretty good at recognizing katakana.

Rarity Essence
Apple Winona
Shy Angel (the letters for "so" and "n" look a lot alike)

uuuuuugh I pushed the no ノ and na ナ together in my mind so it looked like a ke け... and that's a hiragana ke and not even a katakana ke ケ

PaulloDEC

EQD posted up a link to Hasbro's 2012 Report.

It looks to be about 95% tedious financial jargon, but at the beginning they say of MLP:

Hasbro said:
As one of our franchise brands, MY LITTLE PONY continued on its growth trajectory last year. With the support of global television, product innovation, inventive licensing, a new digital app game, online experiences and a strong retail execution, MY LITTLE PONY posted very robust, double-digit growth year-over-year. In 2013, the magical storytelling behind our global animation will focus on an all-new theme and we will unveil an entirely new intellectual property based on the brand.

So the second bit is presumably Equestria Girls, but the first bit is a little more ambiguous. Twilight's status as a new Princess? Or something else?

Cheerilee

TwilightImmortality.jpg

So much for all that forced feels fanart out there.

Or maybe Twilight bites it in season 4...

Here's how I would explain it.

Q: Is Twilight supposed to be immortal now?
A: Yes (for the purposes of this discussion, because maybe she's not).

Q: Are Twilight's friends going to remain mortal?
A: Yes.

Q: Then Twilight will outlive all of her friends...
A: No.

Q: Why not?
A: Because that will never happen. Her friends will almost certainly never die in any official canon.

Q: But they have to. It's simple logic. A leads to B leads to C.
A: No, they do not. A leads to B. End of story. You can assume that B leads to C (maybe the writer even prompted you to assume that), but if that's not part of the story, and if it's at all possible for the story to play out differently (maybe B will jump to D, or any number of alternate scenarios), then the end of the story remains "open". B leading to C doesn't exist, and if the story doesn't progress to that point, then it will never exist, outside of your own headcanon. And it's a near-certainty that the story will never progress to that point.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Here's how I would explain it.

Q: Is Twilight supposed to be immortal now?
A: Yes (for the purposes of this discussion, because maybe she's not).

Q: Are Twilight's friends going to remain mortal?
A: Yes.

Q: Then Twilight will outlive all of her friends...
A: No.

Q: Why not?
A: Because that will never happen. Her friends will almost certainly never die in any official canon.

Q: But they have to. It's simple logic. A leads to B leads to C.
A: No, they do not. A leads to B. End of story. You can assume that B leads to C (maybe the writer even prompted you to assume that), but if that's not part of the story, and if it's at all possible for the story to play out differently (maybe B will jump to D, or any number of alternate scenarios), then the end of the story remains "open". B leading to C doesn't exist, and if the story doesn't progress to that point, then it will never exist, outside of your own headcanon. And it's a near-certainty that the story will never progress to that point.

or that a pair of wings and a horn do not put you at the level of two beings who control the cosmos itself.

judhudson

Love working with Andy Price...finished up the second Ponypalooza event in town at our public libraries...one more next month. Anyhow, the ponies are a huge hit, kids and adults love them.

tumblr_ml9pteZrtE1r5d2emo5_1280.jpg

AJ - "I cahn two read!"

tumblr_ml9pteZrtE1r5d2emo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml9pteZrtE1r5d2emo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml9pteZrtE1r5d2emo4_1280.jpg

I was Applejack, while my sister was Rainbow Dash and I had a couple of friends alternating wearing Twilight. One of the best highlights from the event was with the last pic...we were pointed out by the library workers that the little girl had down syndrome, so we took the extra time to focus with her and interact with her...good god, you should of seen her, she had tears as its probably the happiest she has ever been...Her favorite pony was Dash so my sister did all she could to make her day a really awesome one.

More pics here

PaulloDEC

or that a pair of wings and a horn do not put you at the level of two beings who control the cosmos itself.

This. I don't see any reason to assume Alicorn = Immortality. It sure would suck for Cadence to have married Shining Armour knowing she'd outlive him, possibly by millennia!

Makes me wonder if Celestia had other students over the past thousand years. If she did and they were made Alicorns, where are they now?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We know other royalty in the show didn't live forever. The Princess in the Hearts and Hooves day story (if she was an alicorn that is), and the original Crystal Empire princess.

Ricky 7

This. I don't see any reason to assume Alicorn = Immortality. It sure would suck for Cadence to have married Shining Armour knowing she'd outlive him, possibly by millennia!

Makes me wonder if Celestia had other students over the past thousand years. If she did and they were made Alicorns, where are they now?

Don't we already know about (possible S4 spoiler ahead)
Celestia's former apprentice before Twilight, Sunset Shimmer?

PaulloDEC

Don't we already know about (possible S4 spoiler ahead)
Celestia's former apprentice before Twilight, Sunset Shimmer?

Oh, yeah! I'd almost forgotten about that, good call. Interesting to note that
Sunset isn't an Alicorn, so presumably she wasn't considered Princess material. I wonder why?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Meghan claims she has no idea who Sunset Shimmers is. While she does enjoy trolling the fans a bit, I don't think she's out and out lied about anything yet.

brian577

Banned
Meghan claims she has no idea who Sunset Shimmers is. While she does enjoy trolling the fans a bit, I don't think she's out and out lied about anything yet.

At Comic Con last year when referring to season 3.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/season-3-screens-and-information-from.html

New Villian goes by the name of King Somber (Black alicorn we ran an event for)
Discord Is pretty much 100% Confirmed
Luna's Abandoned Moon Colony joked about, history of Celestia and Luna Coming up
Interest in visiting the Griffon Kindom
Official Soundtrack probably on the way
More Manehattan
All season 3 songs from the first Comic Con are from episode one
Hoofed mammals can talk, while others cannot

Cheerilee

Technically, the question was "Is Sunset Shimmer going to be a Season 4 storyline?" and Meghan's answer was "Nope."

It's possible that SS's going to be a season 5 storyline, or Meghan might feel that SS is significantly more or less than "a storyline" (in her April Fools tweets, which may or may not have been telling the truth, she claimed SS would have one S4 episode).

And thinking about it, with Meghan saying that Twilight will not outlive her friends, I'm reminded of my theory that Sunset Shimmer is Twilight Sparkle, from a distant future where Celestia and Luna have long since left the stage, and Twilight/Sunset now controls both the sun and the moon with her sun/moon ying/yang cutie mark.

"Twilight Sparkle (now calling herself Sunset Shimmer) knows a magical path to faraway adventures. Years ago, she was also a student of Princess Celestia."

Also
https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/323565077057900547
Meghan said:
You guys don’t seriously think I would kill off Twilight do you? And incur the wrath of @tarastrong ? I’m crazy, but I’m not that crazy.

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/323569924809322497
Meghan said:
Pinkie Pie on the other hand is a goner. Haha! Just kidding @AndreaLibman Or am I?

https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/323566620230426624
Tara said:
Ghost ponies drawn in 5,4,

Jawmuncher

Oh did anyone else watch Brony Doc?
I just bring it up since the part with the artist had Gaf pony front and center.
Which I thought was pretty cool.

PaulloDEC

And thinking about it, with Meghan saying that Twilight will not outlive her friends, I'm reminded of my theory that Sunset Shimmer is Twilight Sparkle, from a distant future where Celestia and Luna have long since left the stage, and Twilight/Sunset now controls both the sun and the moon with her sun/moon ying/yang cutie mark.

"Twilight Sparkle (now calling herself Sunset Shimmer) knows a magical path to faraway adventures. Years ago, she was also a student of Princess Celestia."

I really like that idea. The thought that Twilight might somehow live on in a different guise in the distant future... nice.

Oh did anyone else watch Brony Doc?
I just bring it up since the part with the artist had Gaf pony front and center.
Which I thought was pretty cool.

If you mean the John DeLancie one, then yep, I watched it a while back when it launched. As a piece about a few specific individuals rather than the fandom as a whole, I thought it was pretty great.

I didn't spot Belle though, I'll have to go back for another look!

Videoneon

So I started on Season 3!

My Little Pony: FiM Season 3 Episodes 1 and 2 - The Crystal Empire

Oh man, I almost got flashblacks to the pilot of the series. The fun was missing for about half of the two-parter, and I have to attribute it to Twilight Sparkle being an uber-straight character in this episode. Sometimes this part of her character is funny (It's About Time from Season 2) but here it was boring. To be honest though, Twilight doesn't rank too high on my fave pony list. New villain sucked, and the musical pieces weren't so great.

Thankfully, we have her friends being awesome and bringing color to the episode. Rarity and Pinkie Pie show up for duty here, and I loved that exchange between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash where Fluttershy begged to be relieved of jousting duty. Poor Fluttershy still has assertiveness problems even after the whole Iron Will scenario...but I still like her. Even Applejack, in spite of how straight she also is, was sort of fun because of how dependability is so second nature to her. And the part where she
let slip that the Crystal Heart was not there
was great.

tafer

Love working with Andy Price...finished up the second Ponypalooza event in town at our public libraries...one more next month. Anyhow, the ponies are a huge hit, kids and adults love them.

I was Applejack, while my sister was Rainbow Dash and I had a couple of friends alternating wearing Twilight. One of the best highlights from the event was with the last pic...we were pointed out by the library workers that the little girl had down syndrome, so we took the extra time to focus with her and interact with her...good god, you should of seen her, she had tears as its probably the happiest she has ever been...Her favorite pony was Dash so my sister did all she could to make her day a really awesome one.

More pics here

That's really nice of you.

Oh man, I almost got flashblacks to the pilot of the series. The fun was missing for about half of the two-parter, and I have to attribute it to Twilight Sparkle being an uber-straight character in this episode. Sometimes this part of her character is funny (It's About Time from Season 2) but here it was boring. To be honest though, Twilight doesn't rank too high on my fave pony list. New villain sucked, and the musical pieces weren't so great.

Thankfully, we have her friends being awesome and bringing color to the episode. Rarity and Pinkie Pie show up for duty here, and I loved that exchange between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash where Fluttershy begged to be relieved of jousting duty. Poor Fluttershy still has assertiveness problems even after the whole Iron Will scenario...but I still like her. Even Applejack, in spite of how straight she also is, was sort of fun because of how dependability is so second nature to her. And the part where she
was great.

Can't wait to see your point of view of the rest of the season. (There is something I like about your writing)

PaulloDEC

Congrats on becoming a full member, PaulloDEC. :)

Oh, cheers! I hadn't even noticed :D

was great.

Nice writeup! I didn't mind the Crystal Empire opener, but I think it suffered a little from being extremely plot-driven (as opposed to character-driven). But hey, variety is always welcome.

Videoneon

Can't wait to see your point of view of the rest of the season. (There is something I like about your writing)

Wow, thank you. I hope you continue to get something out of it when I do post on an episode. It'll be fairly frequent, a couple days apart at most, though not with any sort of real schedule.

Nice writeup! I didn't mind the Crystal Empire opener, but I think it suffered a little from being extremely plot-driven (as opposed to character-driven). But hey, variety is always welcome.

Thanks, and I can agree with the handling of the plot-focus being an obstacle here for me.

Congrats on your full membership! You broke the mythical 300-post mark, and now there is no turning back...

Village

Hello people who watch and enjoy this show, I have decided to give this show a look. While I wasn't blown away but it did peak my interest in other ways. I am not here to offend or troll, just here to ask some questions if that is quite fine.

LuffyZoro

Hello people who watch and enjoy this show, I have decided to give this show a look. le I wasn't blown away but it did peak my interest in other ways. I am not here to offend or troll, just here to ask some questions if that is quite fine.
Sure thing. I know plenty of people would be happy to give you some episode recommendations too, if you'd like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom