• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

My brony friend showed my this trailer for this thing with humans.

What the hell did you all do , did you all break the show. How did you 06 this already.

Yalls going nuts all over the webs man.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ekUwJ8W.png

WMepQcy.png

Ever heard of fire before? Kill this with that shit!

And here I thought I could trudge through it for the sake of the franchise. Then Twilight got googly eyed at a boy and I couldn't watch a single second more.

I get it MLP wasn't made for me but this is just counter-productive to everything that Lauren did right to start with.

No. Just no.

SAILOR MOON, SAVE ME!!!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Hasbro should be aware that whimsy is a huge part of the appeal of FiM. This has none of it. Instead, here we are, back to the beaten-to-death american high school setting that no-one over 17 gives a shit about.

Oh look! The new girl is being bullied, but even so, she'll rise up to the challenge and become queen of the prom, despite all the efforts from the local bad girl.
How original!

I know some Equestria "girls", sirs, and these are not them.

(I'll be watching this, anyway... and probably end up liking it on the strength of the characters alone, unless they completely butcher them.)

Village

Don't blame us, blame Hasbro. We kept the human/anthro stuff in the fanart section.

...That's a pretty big lunch she's got there.

I have no problem with anthro crap, I play sonic. You all went full human and high school. You all 06'ed this in three seasons.

It will be a full 06 if it is terrible and.... ah yes rarity kisses the dragon dog.

This is why you all can't have nice things.

PaulloDEC

The worst part about this is that they've A) tied it into the original show, and B) seemingly kept at least some of the original cast. As a result, the sentimental part of my brain is holding me back from being as disgusted as I'd like to be.

And yeah, I'd also like to know what the hell is the deal with
Sunset Shimmer.
Is it like some kind of spin-off character exchange program?

judhudson

I'm going to give this a chance, before I say anything bad about it, unlike most haters. If its bad, its bad. If its good, then thats awesome.

Village

Question, this is a show intended for small children yes? But this movie I guess would be for older maybe teen aged children. Would people in that range honestly care?

Question, this is a show intended for small children yes? But this movie I guess would be for older maybe teen aged children. Would people in that range honestly care?

We can only hope they don't.

The only saving grace of this thing at this point is that as of now we can assume it's a one time thing, all it has to do is bomb horribly, and we can start trying to make the nightmares go away.

For once I'm praying that 13 year olds will consider animation too kiddy for them and watch Disney Channel sitcoms instead.

brian577

Banned
It's official Meghan McCarthy is a sellout.
If she had any integrity at all she'd leave FiM and look for better prospects before working on this abomination. I will not give this a shot. I have lost whatever little faith I had in her and her team. They better not fuck up season 4.

Tenumi

Banned
If she had any integrity at all she'd leave FiM and look for better prospects before working on this abomination. I will not give this a shot. I have lost whatever little faith I had in her and her team. They better not fuck up season 4.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

You're going to watch it. If for nothing else than to laugh at it.

brian577

Banned
You're going to watch it. If for nothing else than to laugh at it.

We'll see...

With any luck we'll end up with a situation similar to DS9/Voyager where the execs are too busy focusing on their pet project to worry about last year's success giving the creators the freedom to get away with stuff they couldn't normally do.

Cheerilee

I'm going to reserve my judgement on this until I actually see it, but I was on the fence between "watch it" and "watch it in theaters", and that trailer didn't push me to go to the theaters, it very much pushed me away from them.

Still going to give the movie a chance though.

PaulloDEC

Don't worry little junior, it will all become clear to you soon.

Junior or not (don't see how it's relevant) he/she was right to facepalm. McCarthy has bills to pay just like anyone else, and you can't always turn down a job just because you're not in love with the content.

Parfait

ZDicyJI.gif

Ok Twilight eating the apple was chuckleworthy.

(screams internally)

PaulloDEC

A certain individual who's name we all know DID.

Faust did what she felt was the right thing to do. I'm sure McCarthy is doing the same.

The fact that we don't know where either of them were/are at in terms of finances, business relationships, future opportunities etc makes it both unfair and impossible to compare the two.

Cheerilee

And Faust left because (after creating the show) she felt she didn't have as much say in the direction of the show.

For all we know, McCarthy is entirely in control of the creation of Equestria Girls, just like Faust was in control of the creation of FIM. Faust might envy McCarthy here.

Not like Faust was some perfect person. If she had her way we would not have gotten Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle.
But then if she had gotten her other way, we might have gotten the all-CMC variety hour as our spinoff show.

UberTag

I will laugh my ass off if this ends up being good.
To be honest, the only immediate problem I have with it is the skin tones.
I had my fill of freakish colored teenagers from the Doug cartoons.
I think it's a visual distraction that will rub a lot of people the wrong way no matter how well (if at all) the writing is able to salvage the concept.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You watch a show about candy colored magical ponies, and the same people who bring you that show make something new and you call them sell outs before seeing the final product.

Not don't get me wrong, the trailer looks bad, but I'll give it a chance. Ingram is doing the music for it too.

I want you to think about little thing called integrity.

Integrity doesn't pay the bills. I'm sure Faust is a great person, but you better believe she would still be working on the show if she didn't have a way to keep a roof over her head.

The concept of being a "sellout" is ridiculous anyways. Why does anyone get into the entertainment business? To make money. If they don't make enough money in the business, then they're going to stop sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom