• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
322772__safe_solo_animated_lyra_cute_adorable_heart-attack_lyra-heartstrings_hoodie_50e8353ca4c72dbd2a00111d_adorable-as-fuck_artist-ambris_artist-doktorrainbowfridge_51696541a4c72d5c25003.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I voted for the Rainbow Dash one. The Aurora in the sky is awesome.

And Dana Simpson answered me on her tumbler and made a sketch!
tumblr_mmtf73htcO1ra6cido1_1280.png

tumblr_mmtf73htcO1ra6cido2_1280.png

Tenumi

Banned
I know how some of you feel about EQD polls, but there's an interesting one going on now. One of the following six pieces will be turned into a limited edition lithograph, and it's up for voting.

Normally I'd be all for the Fluttershy one, but that one just seems a little "off" to me. So I voted for the Rarity one. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are good, too.

Well watched the first episode this morning.
Didn't hate it but don't love it either.

Im with Nightmare Moon though, I would be jealous as well.

As it's been said many times before, the 2-parter really isn't indicative of the series as a whole (it goes into more slice-of-life fare). Just a little FYI

Tell us what you think of the characters, please.
Im meh on Twilight Sparkle but I guess she would be my "favorite" with Applejack and Fluttershy after.
Don't like the others so far.
Not really enough to go on though.

I decided that I will try and watch all of the series so I can have an informed opinion of it either way.

Village

Watched the First episode , thought about something

Hear me out, you know the whole thing 1000 years ago. Do you think that Luna is like Way stronger than her sister. And the only way that Celestia could seal her is by loosing all her ... what is it, harmony powers or whatever? And even then she couldn't seal her all way and she got out. By that time it seemed Princes couldn't even do anything about it.

But Luna, or rather nightmare moon, seemed just as strong.

So I was thinking.

This has to be the scariest thing on the damn planet to these ponies. That is like, if there is a god he had a brother named tim and he could beat the fuck out of god.

If I dunno, The blue rainbow one accidentally flies into a mountain and goes into a coma, and Luna decides she is having a bad day. Celestia ate her favorite pudding, everyone is fucked. No wonder she disappeared during that wedding, there wouldn't have even been a plot. She would have just hit the green and black locust one with moon beams and we would have been done.

All the other villains have other people who can handle them. But her and discord, one person takes a sick day every one is screwed.

( lot of free tie today, there is more to this)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My headcannon is that Celestia could have defeated NMM at any point, in the past or the future. But what she wanted in the pilot was to save her sister and saving Luna was not the same as defeating Nightmare Moon. She represents that which Luna was resentful off. Celestia beating her again would just make her more resentful. So she set up events so Twilight and friends could take over the elements of harmony and defeat NMM. In the end, that's all the elements did, was defeat NMM. Luna was saved because she finally accepted forgiveness, after being humbled by being defeated by 6 "normal" ponies.

$200

Banned
Im meh on Twilight Sparkle but I guess she would be my "favorite" with Applejack and Fluttershy after.
Don't like the others so far.
Not really enough to go on though.

I decided that I will try and watch all of the series so I can have an informed opinion of it either way.

Wait, you would watch the entire series even though you're not liking it just to have a better opinion?

PaulloDEC

Wait, you would watch the entire series even though you're not liking it just to have a better opinion?

Ever watched The Wire? That show is the definition of a slow-burner. I struggled through the first dozen or so episodes, but once I'd gotten a feel for what they were going for I really started enjoying it.

Village

My headcannon is that Celestia could have defeated NMM at any point, in the past or the future. But what she wanted in the pilot was to save her sister and saving Luna was not the same as defeating Nightmare Moon. She represents that which Luna was resentful off. Celestia beating her again would just make her more resentful. So she set up events so Twilight and friends could take over the elements of harmony and defeat NMM. In the end, that's all the elements did, was defeat NMM. Luna was saved because she finally accepted forgiveness, after being humbled by being defeated by 6 "normal" ponies.

Eh I do not see it, because it seems they made the whole , twilight and friends are the new guard thing apparent. I am assuming if celestia lost the ability to use the elements of whatever, whatever caused that has to ... really REALLLY strong. They have shown that celestia has no issue fighting. Yes the elements of whatever handled the existential , forgive yourself bunk. But that was it, the elements taught her that.

And the story seems a bit more interesting.

I kinda think Luna is like pheonix sitting there. People watching her keeper her happy fearing the day she decides to get mad again.

And then had this thought what luna and celestia actually do. And then it got scary.

Yes.(though im not disliking it yet) Unless it turns into the worst thing ever, I probably would.
even then I stuck with a few shows that I would consider the worst shows I have ever seen(Once Upon a Time S2, The Following)
also you never know when it might turn around. I absolutely hated Neon Genesis Evangelion till the 8th episode.

Gotchaye

Really after the first 10 or so episodes if its not your thing, it's probably not going to hook you further down the road.

I was pretty indifferent and only half paying attention while my girlfriend marathon'd the show up until Winter Wrap Up, actually, since I'm a sucker for music. Granted, that's 11, so it's not too far off.

PaulloDEC

I was pretty indifferent and only half paying attention while my girlfriend marathon'd the show up until Winter Wrap Up, actually, since I'm a sucker for music. Granted, that's 11, so it's not too far off.

That was actually the episode that clinched it for me too. Such a fantastic song, and I remember being amazed that something so good could turn up in a regular 20 minute cartoon.

Ricky 7

Going into the 4th episode. The theme song is still ugh, I want to completely stop watching every time it starts.

I still feel that way about the theme song, every time I watch an episode and the theme song starts I think to my self why am I watching this shit but when the episode kicks in I remember that the show is actually pretty decent.

UberTag

I'm not a fan of most of the early Season 1 episodes... although I did become a fan of the series rather quickly after starting it thanks to someone in the main MLP thread at the time advocating starting with Suited for Success and branching out from there.

And despite that being a Rarity episode, I wasn't entirely won over by her in the fave pony sweepstakes (started off as an RD-Fluttershy fan) until Tabitha started hamming it up in A Dog and Pony Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom