• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

*Dies*

I adore Scootaloo. She's my best pony along with Dash :)

My story involves ripping jhudson's guts out. OvO

Edit- Man, you joined in 2008 and you have 16 posts. You should post more? We're a kind, friendly bunch here that are totally friendly to everyone in this thread.

jhudson i am going to murder you so hard i hate you

edit2- ok i read your story, wookie, and it's very nice. Glad ponies could help you through a rough patch. My story isn't so grand. I was on some PA forum thread in SE++, where going off-topic in threads is ok. So one guy would keep posting his weekly report on MLP:FiM.

"Hey guys, there's a MLP FiM reboot announced, lol, but it's by Lauren Faust"
"The MLP show started. People like it?"
"Hey people still like this show, here's a gif fromt his episode" <-repeat this line weekly
"Hey there's a song and it's pretty good."

When he posted this gif from the most recent episode,

ppo9kem.gif

I finally dicided to watch the show... but I still never watched it. I decided I will, just not at this moment. Was too busy doing other stuff I guess. Then he posted this a few weeks later.

Winter Wrap-Up

FINE~. I'll start watching. Was a slow but interesting start. Animation was good. I watched it on a second screen, while playing video games on my computer. So I wasn't loving it, but still watching every episode. By the time I caught up to every episode (11, winter wrap up), the show grew on me and I really enjoyed it. I later did a rewatch of all the episodes without any distractions, and loved the show, as I saw all the little details and nuances I missed ont he first viewing. That's about it for how I started watching the show. There's more story to how things were after I started watching but uh, I'm lazy now.

Go home, Owl, you're drunk.

tumblr_mhb3yzlfae1rrxbq2o1_500.png

PaulloDEC

Why is she so perfect?

Normally I'd say that a wizard did it, but I think I'll blame it on the Magic of Friendship&#8482; this time.

Speaking of which, has anyone else taken a look at the leaked clip of the
"Helping Twilight Win the Crown"
musical number from Equestria Girls? There is something hella unsettling about the way those characters are animated that I just can't put my finger on.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Speaking of which, has anyone else taken a look at the leaked clip of the
"Helping Twilight Win the Crown"
musical number from Equestria Girls? There is something hella unsettling about the way those characters are animated that I just can't put my finger on.
Uncanny valley? It's easier to convincingly animate non-human characters, because we are so used to observing human motion that any minor discrepancy immediately jumps out at you. Combined with Flash animation's limitations regarding posing and perspective, and it's a nice recipe for just "looking off".

Thanks to everybody who shared their stories on how they got involved in the fandom!

I really enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing! I wish the video link wasn't taken down though, would've loved to have seen it. Also, Luna is the best pony. It's almost unfair to the other characters how awesome she is. 20% cooler indeed.

So, who is everyone's favorite pony artist (Lauren Faust doesn't count)? Mine is Sophie Cabra. She gives the ponies an almost Warner Brothers style that is really appealing:

She has been doing a portrait series on her Deviant Art page that has been fantastic

PaulloDEC

Uncanny valley? It's easier to convincingly animate non-human characters, because we are so used to observing human motion that any minor discrepancy immediately jumps out at you. Combined with Flash animation's limitations regarding posing and perspective, and it's a nice recipe for just "looking off".

It's something along those lines, yeah. Looking at it again, I think it might be a result of the fluidity of the animation combined with the rigidity of the flash puppet rigs. The ponies in FiM all have a kind of soft, stretchiness to them in terms of how they animate, whereas the characters in EG are more like paper cutouts with limbs that pivot on single points. The end result is that the ponies tend to move and bend in a fairly organic way, whereas the humans kinda put me in mind of paper cutouts come to life (and not in a good way!)

So, who is everyone's favorite pony artist (Lauren Faust doesn't count)?

I've gotta side with Doc Forester on this one, Egophiliac does some amazing work. I've always particularly liked this one:

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So, who is everyone's favorite pony artist (Lauren Faust doesn't count)?
I really suck at retaining artists' names. Naming one alone would be unfair to all the other amazing artists out these, anyway. I tend to fall in love with pieces, and not artists.

I would really be incredibly flattered if I discovered that *I* was someone's favorite pony illustrator, though. Not that it will ever happen, but I'm trying for it.

MYKE GREYWOLF IS MY FAVORITE PONY ILLUSTRATOR.

I really enjoy all of his works. He's created so much for this community as well of all of pony fandom. But I really like his Belle Eve creation. I also love his pm tumblrs, but I love how he pretty much created Gamer Luna. And now all the fun interactions he's having with Derpy is-

Wait, that's not Myke? Who? Oh. Ooooooh.

OvO

Hoot hoot, I'm an owl. Hoot.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
guys please don't post for a sec, gotta test my avy for neo neogaf

I went to the popular theater to find it sold out. I passed by four other theaters showing the movie to get there, but since they all air at the same time, I wasn't able to try a different theater.

Orcastar

*raises eyebrow*

So they made this a magical girl show too?

I'm actually not sure about the details, but from what I remember hearing, there's some sort of magical event involving the big crown thingy partway through the movie that makes the mane 6 sprout pony ears, wings (where applicable) and longer hair that makes it look like they have tails. So I guess that's a yes?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm actually not sure about the details, but from what I remember hearing, there's some sort of magical event involving the big crown thingy partway through the movie that makes the mane 6 sprout pony ears, wings (where applicable) and longer hair that makes it look like they have tails. So I guess that's a yes?
So it's just bit of head hair much longer than the rest and not an actual hair-from-end-of-vertebrae tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom