• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Colors are great, so is the body and mane, but it's something about that face. Like it's been crushed. I think the eyes were a bit too low.

PaulloDEC

Colors are great, so is the body and mane, but it's something about that face. Like it's been crushed. I think the eyes were a bit too low.

Definitely this. The artwork overall is really nice; lots of detail, nice lighting, etc. The face and head look very strange though. I think if you were to revisit it with some official sources to compare with you could sort it out.

Tenumi

Banned
The only real issue I can see to me is the lower jaw/lower face part. It feels kinda flat, like if you turned her face to the side, the bottom jaw wouldn't line up where it should.

...I should really start drawing again so I can post work of my own for critique.

Loona

I take more issue with the throne than the face (which is basically looking down on everything ever) - for something that's supposed to be very much hers, it doesn't seem wide enough for her to be comfortable on it.

Rarity's hardly a personal favorite, but there's something fitting about it, if you take "friendship is magic" and add "diamonds are a girl's best friend"...

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Face needs to be erased and drawn from scratch.
Thanks, but that is something that I definitely never do. I'll do better... next time. :)

The only real issue I can see to me is the lower jaw/lower face part. It feels kinda flat, like if you turned her face to the side, the bottom jaw wouldn't line up where it should.

...I should really start drawing again so I can post work of my own for critique.
Raising the head for a looking-down expression is always a risky proposition, because the relative positions of all the facial features are moved around and it's very easy to get it wrong - as I seem to have.

And yes, you definitely should. :)

BDGAME

Anyone know where I can find a list of the background characters that appears in Equestria Girls? Are Lyra and Bombom showed?

Here is the last picture I did. I spent more than 11 hours on it. It is not very popular. Yes, I'm baiting for pity here.

I put a replay in your deviantart. But I agree with the Doctor here.

PaulloDEC

Anyone know where I can find a list of the background characters that appears in Equestria Girls? Are Lyra and Bombom showed?

I can't help you list-wise, but from memory I don't think there were many at all. In fact, I can't actually think of any. Relevant article HERE.

None of these are exactly background characters, but from memory alone I know that Derpy makes a tiny cameo, and DJ PON3, Trixie, Photo Finish and Cheerilee are all in too.

$200

Banned

No Lyra as confirmed by one of the artists. She's considered a "background character" and they re-did all the background characters for EG. Cheerilee, DJ Pony, etc are "secondary character" so they made it into the movie.

Loona

No Lyra as confirmed by one of the artists. She's considered a "background character" and they re-did all the background characters for EG. Cheerilee, DJ Pony, etc are "secondary character" so they made it into the movie.

This practically makes that fan comic about Lyra being the only character who doesn't get to be human in EG canon
<3 - to me that was the funniest culmination of MLP fan art ever.

BDGAME

Bon Bon, not Bombom

Right. This is how I write in my language, Portuguese.

You mean Sweetie Drops?

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_mobile_game_bon_bon_is_busy_but_you_can_pay_a_gem_to_speed_things_up.jpg

Psxphile

By Celestia. What have you done.
You have embedded the image incorrectly.

Look what your careless posts have wrought.

Without symmetrical vision, these ten fidgeting irises cannot focus in one direction.

Each moment this unnatural beast lives is like a thousand years of misery.

Look in its bloodshot eyes.
It longs for death.

Click the edit button, and then, replace your image.

I watched it last night night as well. I viewed it just out of pure boredom, as I thought both trailers looked dreadful, as they focused on the prom dance and a seemingly romantic angle for Twilight Sparkle. After watching it, it was actually pretty good. Which surprised me.
Likes (spoilers):
Twilight Sparkle getting used to her new look was great. Especially when she was trying to type on the keyboard by balling up her fists and mashing on the keys.

Sunshine Shimmer was a great villain. I really hope she makes an appearance in the regular show She reminded me a lot of Trixie.

Speaking of Trixie, she has a great cameo which got a chuckle from me.

The voice acting is great as always, and the writing a pretty strong throughout.

Luna actually got say more than just one line of dialogue.

Pinkie Pie's transforming scene, complete with sound effect was hilarious.

The"romance' was well-handled and actually very subtle

The human mane six were all very well represented here, I didn't feel like they were compromised in any way.

Dislikes:
The music was mostly forgettable I felt. Nothing really stood out like At the Gala, or Smile, Smile Smile. Just seemed like generic pop stuff.

The end battle was a little over-the-top and I didn't like the girls going all "sailor moon' on Sunset Shimmer.

I guess there really wasn't a whole lot I didn't like about it. I agree with everything PaulloDEC had to say about it, it turns out its a pretty pleasant surprise. Still feel like it's all unnecessary, but it could have been so much worse.

My sister and I finally gave Equestria Girls a shot mostly because it was becoming more and more difficult to avoid all the fanart and other material based on the movie especially after Equestria Daily highlighting a stream.

I basically agree with the above to a T. We both really enjoyed it and kind of regret not trying to go see it in theaters. I love fish out of water stuff so watching Twilight trying to adjust was great, and yeah I agree about the ending too.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
My sister and I finally gave Equestria Girls a shot mostly because it was becoming more and more difficult to avoid all the fanart and other material based on the movie especially after Equestria Daily highlighting a stream.

I basically agree with the above to a T. We both really enjoyed it and kind of regret not trying to go see it in theaters. I love fish out of water stuff so watching Twilight trying to adjust was great, and yeah I agree about the ending too.
I agree with most of your points.
The only noteworthy song was "Helping Twilight Win the Crown", and it was mostly because of the coreography.

I agree with most of your points.
The only noteworthy song was "Helping Twilight Win the Crown", and it was mostly because of the coreography.

I have gone back and watched that song/dance scene a couple more times after seeing the movie proper, and it's actually starting to grow on me. But like you said, it's mostly because of the choreography.

Btw, the coloring on your "Royal Rarity" picture was really good. I wish I could color half as well as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom