• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke made me watch it and it was alright. Pinkie was awesome.

I still haven't watched Equestria Girls despite really wanting to. Waiting for the DVD/Blu-ray...

I wanted to wait as well, but as someone who likes to scope out the fanart and remixes, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to avoid spoilers. I had already stumbled upon some
"Sunset Satan"
art and didn't want to risk seeing any more.

I have to say, thinking about it some more,
I was surprised they didn't stick with the whole "human names" idea that some early info seemed to suggest giving it that "familiar faces but still different people" ala Majora's Mask, making the human world a touch more realistic. Maybe it was fake all along or Hasbro forced a change for marketability reasons?

Also, I wish they could've explained the lack of the real human Twilight. I saw a funny fan comic involving Twilight's and Spike's counterpart transformed as ponies into Equestria. That would have been funny to keep. I think Pinkie had mentioned something? But again, the whole idea of a parallel universe with familiar faces just reminded me of Majora's Mask

I wanted to wait as well, but as someone who likes to scope out the fanart and remixes, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to avoid spoilers. I had already stumbled upon some
"Sunset Satan"
art and didn't want to risk seeing any more.

I have to say, thinking about it some more,
I was surprised they didn't stick with the whole "human names" idea that some early info seemed to suggest giving it that "familiar faces but still different people" ala Majora's Mask, making the human world a touch more realistic. Maybe it was fake all along or Hasbro forced a change for marketability reasons?

Also, I wish they could've explained the lack of the real human Twilight. I saw a funny fan comic involving Twilight's and Spike's counterpart transformed as ponies into Equestria. That would have been funny to keep. I think Pinkie had mentioned something? But again, the whole idea of a parallel universe with familiar faces just reminded me of Majora's Mask

Yeah, I was disappointed they kept their pony names in the alternate universe. Seemed weird they would have names like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I mean, she couldn't even flutter. She had no wings. Ultimately like I said earlier, it doesn't need to exist but for what it was I enjoyed it.

With that said I finally decided to be brave and I ordered myself a pony shirt. I have been debating for a long while whether or not I wanted to get one, but there are so many I like I finally cracked. Unfortunately I wasn't brave enough to get the shirt I really want which is the Luna is Best Princess one, but I did a more subtle one featuring the 2nd best pony: Derpy. This is one I ordered:

I like it because it's not too in-your-face which is good. Most the people I know are oblivious and will probably take them a while to notice what it actually is...if they ever do.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Btw, the coloring on your "Royal Rarity" picture was really good. I wish I could color half as well as that.
Thanks! I think my coloring/shading skill has evolved faster than my sketching, because I spend so much time trying to make it all detailed with all the shadows and reflections and stuff. I should start focusing more in doing actual quick sketches, to get some improvement in my style.

Some faster, rougher OC stuff that I've been doing lately:

9gb9PeQ.png

K4eMNrW.jpg

62XOA2o.jpg

U9rOwWb.jpg

Ad1iJ37.png

Thanks! I think my coloring/shading skill has evolved faster than my sketching, because I spend so much time trying to make it all detailed with all the shadows and reflections and stuff. I should start focusing more in doing actual quick sketches, to get some improvement in my style.

Some faster, rougher OC stuff that I've been doing lately:

These are all really awesome! Keep up the good work!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just because some people might not know: There are actually at least 2 different apps on the Android store to keep track of and quickly identify blind bags!

Blind Bag Finder and MLP Blind Bag Finder.

Hope I could help someone, just stumbled over them myself ^^

Orcastar

No "the night shall last forever"? Those lines would suit Nightmare Rarity better than Nightmare Moon...

I saw yamino and thought maybe she started making fanart again and then saw it was dated 2011. A shame she was "scared off" due to Derpygate, she does some good art.

She drew one of the covers for the Pinkie Pie micro comic:

Cheerilee

Oh hey, it looks like Canada is getting the version of Equestria Girls that was made by Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder.

I wonder if it's a full-on director's cut, or if it's just the French language version?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Had a read of this one this evening. Not bad. As you said, probably second to Rarity at this stage, which is pretty good.
Weird ending, though!

I didn't really care for the Applejack micro. I really wish some writer could do a good Applejack story, not and Apple Family story. Even as an Apple Family story, it felt like a bit of a retread of Apple Family Reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom