• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlfw693_Jesus_Christ_how_horrifying-%28n1308183251036%29.png

McNum

Muffin-head Derpy toy? Cupcake Pinkie?

That's the strangest pony-related thing I've seen for a while.

And yes, I know Derpy has a cupcake head, too, but a cupcake is just a muffin with a fancy hairstyle.

Xzeon

Banned
1069994_10153029202565029_1552126264_n.jpg

We Love Fine Facebook Page said:
Heads Up, My Little Pony Fans! Comic-Con International Special Announcement!:

We have 300 of these BRAND NEW "Snuggle Bubble Muffin" Vinyl Figures, designed by Sajira, available at our booths at San Diego Comic-Con! If you purchase $100 of My Little Pony items, you can purchase her for an additional $20!

Find us at ‪#‎SDCC‬ here!!:
WeLoveFine: Booth #5647
PvP Online: Booth #1235
Gaslamp Pop Up @ Hilton Gaslamp, 401 K Street (2nd Level)

And get yo'self some MUFFINS! Om nom nom nom nom...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....10150188017990029.426593.292462355028&type=1

PaulloDEC

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I love how neatly the whole Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon issue can be solved in the Slice of Life universe.

From Ego's tumbler.
From left to right: Bonnie, Bombe, Bon Suite, Bonelle, Bon-Bond, Bonita, Sweetie Drops, Bon-Bon (and, of course, Lyra

[And then their story]

Okay! In descending order of age (eldest to youngest):

Bonnie is the grumpiest of them all. She’s rude, mean-spirited, and doesn’t ask before using everypony else’s stuff (e.g., in this page she’s hanging out in Bon-Bon’s room and using her hoof-file. …Bon-Bon still hasn’t gotten through all those apples). Then again, she did grow up with six identical younger sisters, so maybe that explains some of it. She ostensibly takes care of the house, but doesn’t really do a very good job. Her cutie mark is three sour candies.

Bombe is basically the definition of a cloud-cuckoo-lander. Who likes ice cream. …A lot. She’s the artist in the family; her paintings are critically hailed as masterpieces of modern art, but she prefers to live a simple life in Ponyville (or maybe she hasn’t noticed, the jury is out). Her cutie mark is an abstract medley of color and form that provides sharp contrast to the flank behind it, inviting the viewer to contemplate it as not only a work of art, but a piece of the artist’s very soul. By complete coincidence, it happens to look exactly like candy.

Bon Suite is not exactly grumpy, she more just doesn’t care about much except her flowers. The only sister who can really get through to her is Bonelle, probably because she’s willing to put up with Bon Suite talking about flowers all the time. She takes care of the gardens around the Bon cottage, although she’s let it get sort of out of hoof. Her cutie mark is round flower seeds with wings, to represent how her love of gardening makes her heart take flight. …and, uh, they’re blue- and yellow-striped for some reason.

Bonelle is a chef and baker. She does most of the cooking for the Bon family, although her real passion is breads (the big red thing outside their house is her bread oven, let’s pretend I drew it better). She’s quiet and mostly keeps to herself, except for her PFF Bon Suite, and is probably the second-least grumpy Bon. Her cutie mark is three wrapped bread rolls.

Bon-Bond is [REDACTED]

Bonita is snappish, but mostly because she’s exhausted from working long hours at her banana stall. She’s dedicated to her work and an aggressive salespony who has a hold on 52% of the banana sales in Ponyville. Her cutie mark is three banana slices, wrapped in her business’ distinctive blue-and-yellow gift wrap.

Bon-Bon is the least grumpy! She can be irritable sometimes, but she’s mostly cheerful and willing to work with other ponies. Her cutie mark represents her love of making candy; she specializes in difficult-to-make sweets, like bubble-truffles. Lyra has given her an appreciation for classical harp music (luckily, Lyra already had an appreciation for candy).

Sweetie Drops is an attention-seeker. She always wants her name to be on everything. :mad: Her cutie mark represents how she thinks blue and yellow should stay separate, because she hates green.

I haven't had a chance to thank you guys for pointing out "Slice of Life." I am typically not very fond of fan works, but this comic is amazing! I love the way she explained the whole Bon Bon thing. Wonderful stuff.

PaulloDEC

Did someone say bat pony?

...annnnnnnd now it's weird.

I haven't had a chance to thank you guys for pointing out "Slice of Life." I am typically not very fond of fan works, but this comic is amazing! I love the way she explained the whole Bon Bon thing. Wonderful stuff.

It really is amazingly good, isn't it? I'm not usually a fan-work guy either, but the whole thing is just so damn professional; the art is fantastic, the writing is clever and well-paced, the characters are funny and true to their TV counterparts, etc etc. Definitely one of my favourite things to come out of the community.

PaulloDEC

Do bat ponies give rabies? Or are they actually vampiric?

Hard to tell. Pretty sure the only known Bat Ponies are Luna's personal guard, and they've only appeared in the show once. I can't imagine Luna would let disease carrying bat-pony hybrids pull her carriage.

Not sure about the vampirism.

Orcastar

SDCC 2013 MLP Panel Exclusive Season 4 Clip

No actual animation, just storyboards with voicework and partially finished sound. Anyway, some interesting stuff in there:
A Scootaloo episode where they adress her inability to fly
Apple family song
Spike wakes up in Maretropolis and finds that the mane 6 have become superheroes. Dream sequence perhaps?
Luna transforming into Nightmare Moon in a pretty epic fashion. Some sort of time travel at work?

Tenumi

Banned

No actual animation, just storyboards with voicework and partially finished sound. Anyway, some interesting stuff in there:
Apple family song
Spike wakes up in Maretropolis and finds that the mane 6 have become superheroes. Dream sequence perhaps?
Luna transforming into Nightmare Moon in a pretty epic fashion. Some sort of time travel at work?

Well, I'm hyped.
Can't say I'm particularly fond of the Scootaloo can't fly addressment, but if its happening, its happening. Also, everything else, so awesome!

$200

Banned

Apple family song

Applejack's song sounds really awesome!
Looks like Twilight will be keeping her wings, so the speculation of her turning back to a unicorn in the first two episodes of season 4 seem unlikely.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think people are jumping to conclusions about that Scootaloo bit. It came off much more as a "late bloomer" thing than a disabled thing to me.

PaulloDEC

Apple family song

Some really neat stuff in there! I'm always up for CMC episodes, and more focus on Scoots sounds great (especially after how good Sleepless in Ponyville was). I wonder if they got Corey Powell back to write that one?

Really liked the Apple Family plus Pinkie song (Apples to the Core?), and the idea of an AJ/Pinkie episode is really exciting. I love the episodes with unusual character matchups and I don't think we've really had much AJ/Pinkie thus far.

The Spike/Superponies stuff was pretty wild by MLP standards. Looking forward to seeing what that's about. As for the Luna/Nightmare Moon sequence... pretty badass. I think you've nailed it with the time travel suggestion. Can't wait to see more of that!

EDIT: Wow, loads of interesting stuff in the Q&A too! Personal highlights:

Daniel: 15-20 new songs in S4. Bringing in new singers (new characters). Somebody joked "Derpy" and Daniel asked who else. People call out tons of names and he repeats a few out loud: Luna, DJ-PON3, Sapphire Shores.

Q: Is there going to be a soundtrack?
Mike: We're working on it, hopefully we will make that happen.

Tara: S4 Twilight handles everything with her adorkable skills even if she's a princess, still wants to face adventures with her friends. She's still Twily, she's just Princess Twily.

Cheerilee

I think people are jumping to conclusions about that Scootaloo bit. It came off much more as a "late bloomer" thing than a disabled thing to me.

About two years ago, someone asked Lauren "Why can't Scootaloo fly?", and Lauren answered "No reason. She just hasn't figured it out yet."

More recently, a guy working backstage at a con claimed that he asked her the same question, and she told him that Scootaloo was disabled, she just never got around to writing that episode, and she's not in charge anymore, so Meghan might write something different. Since then, a number of people have been jumping on the Scoots=disabled bandwagon, and pestering Meghan on twitter to make her disabled.

Videoneon

About two years ago, someone asked Lauren "Why can't Scootaloo fly?", and Lauren answered "No reason. She just hasn't figured it out yet."

More recently, a guy working backstage at a con claimed that he asked her the same question, and she told him that Scootaloo was disabled, she just never got around to writing that episode, and she's not in charge anymore, so Meghan might write something different. Since then, a number of people have been jumping on the Scoots=disabled bandwagon, and pestering Meghan on twitter to make her disabled.

I think that would be very interesting actually, and not just from a "WAT ABOUT DISABLED PPL" standpoint. The only problem is it would totally come from left field and we'd have no reason to think she ever was disabled, which is different from late-bloomer.

I'll stay away from S4 spoilers this time.
maybe i'll read them later

So excited after watching those season 4 clips!
I love that new Apple Jack (best mane 6 pony) song! Seems like an interesting idea too, putting Pinkie Pie on a road trip with the Apples. I wonder if they are going to Pinkie's rock farm? And a flash back where we see Luna transform into Nightmare Moon? Oh, man. Can't wait!

And poor Scoots! It looks like they are going to deliver on one of Lauren Faust's concepts about Scootaloo:
being bullied about not being able to fly
. Does this begin airing in September?

So excited after watching those season 4 clips!
I love that new Apple Jack (best mane 6 pony) song! Seems like an interesting idea too, putting Pinkie Pie on a road trip with the Apples. I wonder if they are going to Pinkie's rock farm? And a flash back where we see Luna transform into Nightmare Moon? Oh, man. Can't wait!

And poor Scoots! It looks like they are going to deliver on one of Lauren Faust's concepts about Scootaloo:
being bullied about not being able to fly
. Does this begin airing in September?

I don't think that's a flashback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom