• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mqgk44my121s6buzbo1_400.gif

#twerkteam

Tenumi

Banned
From the Hub's Facebook page.
1069860_531250206924066_809196346_n.png

Hmm... I'm betting it'll be a "Hey, a season 4 of MLPFIM coming this fall/winter" announcement. So nothing we don't already know.

Just saw a bluray version of Equestria Girls. It was alright, i guess. I kinda like human designs and overall it was decently entertaining. Couple of good songs too. But, i hope next movie will be better. This one didn't worth cutting out 12 episodes from 3rd season. Overall it felt like a usual two-parter at the start of a season.

I'm gonna be watching within the next few days. To me, I'm not really looking at it as that it "cut out half of Season 3". I don't know if it did, budget wise, really.

tumblr_mqgk44my121s6buzbo1_400.gif

#twerkteam

...Maybe I should bump up my watching date of this...

brian577

Banned
Where does the idea of Luna kidnapping dozens of children come from anyways?

From the Animatic's description.

It tells the tale of what woud have been the origin of Nightmare Night, and the catalyst element that forced Celestia to banish Luna.

After defeating Discord, Canterlot was witnessing a very slow recovery. Misery could still be found everywhere around, specially for the ponies that had less means.

Luna thought that expanding the kingdom and founding a new pony colony elsewhere would give a solution to the problem, allowing the ponies that she would choose for the matter, a new brand future. Celestia refused the proposal of her sister to scatter Equestria. For after such a great lack of harmony she thought it could shatter the kingdom forever.

Being denied and in the shadow of her own sister, Luna decided it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
From the Animatic's description.

It tells the tale of what woud have been the origin of Nightmare Night, and the catalyst element that forced Celestia to banish Luna.

After defeating Discord, Canterlot was witnessing a very slow recovery. Misery could still be found everywhere around, specially for the ponies that had less means.

Luna thought that expanding the kingdom and founding a new pony colony elsewhere would give a solution to the problem, allowing the ponies that she would choose for the matter, a new brand future. Celestia refused the proposal of her sister to scatter Equestria. For after such a great lack of harmony she thought it could shatter the kingdom forever.

Being denied and in the shadow of her own sister, Luna decided it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

Don't forget the part where Luna eats them to gain their youth and beauty.

Gotchaye

The movie was... not very good. Extremely weak plotting and a little too much "this montage will fix everything". It was neat how Twilight's got some body dysmorphia going on even before becoming human. A lot of the "Twilight doesn't know how to act human" humor landed, too, especially the bit where she's writing something in front of Pinkie Pie. I think that phase of things ends way too early and it turns into a pretty standard "becoming prom queen" movie for most of its length.

Early plot spoilers:
The setup for this is just really stupid, even moreso than keeping Discord in the garden. At least put the magic portal face-down on the ground, or, you know, have some guards posted on the few days every 2.5 years when it's open. And why did nobody - Twilight or (especially) Sunset - just go to Celestia and claim to have lost a tiara? Spike lampshades this, but it's never really answered well. And, failing that, clearly the answer is just to break into Celestia's office at night. Sunset, at least, has to have some idea how things work there. Nope, instead you've got to become prom queen (also it seems odd for a principal to make the prize for becoming prom queen something that was just found on school property after allowing less than a day for people to claim it).

Ending spoilers:
It's got the same very literal take on "friendship is magic" that I find pretty insufferable in most of the two-parters. It's also very rushed, and Sunset's change of heart at the end played like mind control from friendship rays. She'd just gone full-blown evil on everyone (which makes it even less clear why she didn't just steal the crown earlier). I'm left very unclear on how long Sunset has been in the human world and why she would have stayed there for more than the first three years (unless she only got there three years ago, but then why does Twilight not recognize her?). How old is she?

Orcastar

Amazing.

The movie was... not very good. Extremely weak plotting and a little too much "this montage will fix everything". It was neat how Twilight's got some body dysmorphia going on even before becoming human. A lot of the "Twilight doesn't know how to act human" humor landed, too, especially the bit where she's writing something in front of Pinkie Pie. I think that phase of things ends way too early and it turns into a pretty standard "becoming prom queen" movie for most of its length.

Early plot spoilers:
The setup for this is just really stupid, even moreso than keeping Discord in the garden. At least put the magic portal face-down on the ground, or, you know, have some guards posted on the few days every 2.5 years when it's open. And why did nobody - Twilight or (especially) Sunset - just go to Celestia and claim to have lost a tiara? Spike lampshades this, but it's never really answered well. And, failing that, clearly the answer is just to break into Celestia's office at night. Sunset, at least, has to have some idea how things work there. Nope, instead you've got to become prom queen (also it seems odd for a principal to make the prize for becoming prom queen something that was just found on school property after allowing less than a day for people to claim it).

Ending spoilers:
It's got the same very literal take on "friendship is magic" that I find pretty insufferable in most of the two-parters. It's also very rushed, and Sunset's change of heart at the end played like mind control from friendship rays. She'd just gone full-blown evil on everyone (which makes it even less clear why she didn't just steal the crown earlier). I'm left very unclear on how long Sunset has been in the human world and why she would have stayed there for more than the first three years (unless she only got there three years ago, but then why does Twilight not recognize her?). How old is she?

Agree on pretty much everything. Some of the things you mention are explained in the SDCC exclusive prequel comic, but it doesn't really make the movie any better.

You know, I am a fan of many things: Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel/DC, Community, WWE, Harry Potter and the list goes on and on. Up until this point, I could give two cents what their respective communities did. But, man, these pony fans create some fantastic stuff. Beautiful lighting in this, makes me wish they would make a proper movie with this level of care. Absolutely incredible.

LuffyZoro

I finally watched EqG, and actually liked it a lot more than I was expecting. I can understand some of the criticisms, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Xzeon

Banned
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-my-little-pony-2013-special-edition-pony?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1

My Little Pony 2013 Special Edition Pony

C8C5D24B50569047F548E584D93346E4.jpg

hasbrotoyshop said:
Features

2013 HasbroToyShop.com Comic-Con Exclusive

This pretty-as-a-picture pony will be the star of your collection! DJ Pon-3's got the same silky hair as the disc jockey star - but this special edition pony figure is decked out for a VIP party. Don't miss this one-of-a-kind version of your most fabulous pony friend! Delightfully decorative pony figure looks like the DJ Pon-3 character. Prance them around with other pony friends (sold separately) or display them in your collection.

Includes figure. Adult collectible. This is not a toy. My Little Pony and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Come on everypony smile, smile, smile!
fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
from these happy friends of mine!

GOQ3HcS.jpg

Village

Soon I will be happy and will be able to do art again, because my repaired tablet is coming in the mail.

If anyone would like a thing, I am willing to draw it.

Be warned I haven't done pony things before, nor will I will be making many things. However I do feel happy enough to loan out services free of charge a couple of times.

Soon I will be happy and will be able to do art again, because my repaired tablet is coming in the mail.

If anyone would like a thing, I am willing to draw it.

Be warned I haven't done pony things before, nor will I will be making many things. However I do feel happy enough to loan out services free of charge a couple of times.

You should draw the Apple family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom