• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny and he's right about a lot of those points, but damn his speech. He slurs half of what he says.

This pretty much, though I was able to live with the slurring. Kinda wish I hadn't posted in a chat with some of my brony friends though... However, I expect the list of reasons why its a good movie one for them claims he can make, to be worth a chuckle, if it's anything like the list he posted to me before.

Orcastar

Just a reminder that issue 9 of the official MLP comic is out. This one starts a new two-issue story titled Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair and follows Big Mac on an epic quest to buy some nails at the Ponyville hardware store.

vrQvVW7.jpg

Seriously, buy it, it's awesome.

HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT
FiW9 tomorrow. It's very very silly
.... hoot. OvO

edit- it's out: http://derpy.tv/sherclop-pones/friendship-is-witchcraft-9-seed-no-evil-video_0b9748c97.html

PaulloDEC

Just a reminder that issue 9 of the official MLP comic is out. This one starts a new two-issue story titled Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair and follows Big Mac on an epic quest to buy some nails at the Ponyville hardware store.

vrQvVW7.jpg

Seriously, buy it, it's awesome.

Just finished reading this one. As you say, totally awesome. Maybe my favourite issue of the main series yet. Tons of great references and callbacks, well structured and paced, spot-on characterisation and loads of laughs.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
List is worthless since Celestia isn't an option.

Double worthless if Rainbow Dash, the best pony on the list, isn't winning.

Tenumi

Banned
I like how it was asked whether there was a consensus on PonyGaf, and everybody decides to post only their own opinion instead.

PaulloDEC

I like how it was asked whether there was a consensus on PonyGaf, and everybody decides to post only their own opinion instead.

It kinda indirectly answers the question though, doesn't it? PonyGAF has not (since I joined up) and will not ever agree on anything.

I thought the film took a rubbish idea and made it watchable. Despite the generic high-school junk, there's some good stuff in there.

Tenumi

Banned
It kinda indirectly answers the question though, doesn't it? PonyGAF has not (since I joined up) and will not ever agree on anything.

I thought the film took a rubbish idea and made it watchable. Despite the generic high-school junk, there's some good stuff in there.

I guess that's true. Didn't really think of it that way.

I watch a lot of high-school based stuff. I guess I'm just so used to the setting that I have no positive or negative reaction to it.

PaulloDEC

I guess that's true. Didn't really think of it that way.

I watch a lot of high-school based stuff. I guess I'm just so used to the setting that I have no positive or negative reaction to it.

There were certain things that kinda went against the FiM grain in EG for me. The idea that the best way to get the crown was to participate in and win some high-school popularity contest never felt right for a start. I feel like the same scenario in Equestria would've ended with either Sunset Shimmer or Twilight (or both) attempting to break into Celestia's office and steal it back, for example.

Overall I thought they did well considering the challenges of stuffing the FiM format into a different shaped product, but it won't be a film I rewatch very often.

I thought the consensus was "Good, but not great. Wasn't worth cutting 13 episodes from Season 3, but Season 3 wasn't that great anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom