• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

I thought the consensus was "Good, but not great. Wasn't worth cutting 13 episodes from Season 3, but Season 3 wasn't that great anyway."

It's sad. I just finished watching Transformers Prime's half-sized season 3, and they cranked that show up to eleven.

They also have a direct-to-Blu movie coming out in October, and I'm much more hyped for that one than I am for Equestria Girls.

Season 4 of MLP should improve things, but until then, I think I'm going to wear a Transformers avatar.

LuffyZoro

It's sad. I just finished watching Transformers Prime's half-sized season 3, and they cranked that show up to eleven.

They also have a direct-to-Blu movie coming out in October, and I'm much more hyped for that one than I am for Equestria Girls.

Season 4 of MLP should improve things, but until then, I think I'm going to wear a Transformers avatar.

S4 sounds super good TBH.

Tenumi

Banned
1.JPG
2.JPG

Well, this looks interesting... and potentially promising.

I thought the consensus was "Good, but not great. Wasn't worth cutting 13 episodes from Season 3, but Season 3 wasn't that great anyway."
I don't get why people think this. S3 was 13 episodes so the show would be 65 episodes. Then you can pack the 65 episodes up for syndication.

Good news is that with S4 announced, they have a reason to try for another 65 episodes to complete another syndication package.

$200

Banned
I don't get why people think this. S3 was 13 episodes so the show would be 65 episodes. Then you can pack the 65 episodes up for syndication.

Good news is that with S4 announced, they have a reason to try for another 65 episodes to complete another syndication package.

We can only guess if EG played a part in the shorter season length, but it certainly made the season break longer...

S1-S2: 4 months
S2-S3: 7 months
S3-S4: 9 months

Cheerilee

Syndication packages are important, but they aren't everything.

Hasbro's CEO said that he felt that shows don't need as much money to "stay relevant" as they do to be created in the first place, so he cut Transformers Prime and MLP:FIM's third-year budgets in half. It was up to the show's producers to decide whether they wanted 13 full-budget episodes, or 26 half-budget episodes. This gave Hasbro enough room in their budget to create an entirely new triple-A franchise, or to bump a couple of "A" franchises up to triple-A status, or whatever they decided to do with the money they saved. Some of it might have gone to Equestria Girls, some of it might have gone to Littlest Pet Shop... who knows?

Transformers Prime's producers thought that getting their budget cut in half was a strong signal that their show was about to get cancelled (ratings on the Hub are strong, but not as strong as they'd be on a bigger network, and both Transformers and MLP's cartoons lose money, but Hasbro keeps saying "it's okay, we're trying to grow the Hub" and toy sales make up for the loss), so they straight-up ended their show, despite a six-year plan for the series. It adds weight to the theory that Twilight jumped the shark at the end of S3 because the MLP producers thought that their show was getting cancelled.

The CEO apparently realized his error, and restored MLP:FIM's budget for S4. Not sure what he's going to do to get the Transformers producers back to the table. They ended their show, so they'll pretty much have to come up with an entirely new show if they want to keep working for Hasbro.

Silvawuff

Those comic covers are amazing! I bet the Dealers' area is epic. I saw a pic of the table layout and it looked huge!

Is there any really amazing must-have pony stuff there outside of stickers, buttons, etc?

EQG:
It wasn't bad. I'm curious if any of the canon from the movie will leech into S4, like Twilight and Flash Sentry hooking up or something.

LuffyZoro

Those comic covers are amazing! I bet the Dealers' area is epic. I saw a pic of the table layout and it looked huge!

Is there any really amazing must-have pony stuff there outside of stickers, buttons, etc?

EQG:
It wasn't bad. I'm curious if any of the canon from the movie will leech into S4, like Twilight and Flash Sentry hooking up or something.

It seems like it might well happen, which would be disappointing. He was one of the most unnecessary parts of the movie.

Tenumi

Banned
It seems like it might well happen, which would be disappointing. He was one of the most unnecessary parts of the movie.

As much as I liked the movie, I have to agree about Flash. He served pretty much no purpose other than to be some guy for Twilight to dance with/fall for.

Gotchaye

I'm not too worried about it. How would this work, exactly? They're not going to make him a major character that regularly interacts with all of the rest, and Twilight obsessing about a boy for half a season is so thematically at odds with the rest of the show that I can't see how they work in a recurring relationship drama angle. At most I can see a Twilight-centered version of Sweet and Elite where Twilight blows off her friends for a boy and then learns a valuable lesson about friendship.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
See, I told you guys human ponies were bad....

From the comic panel at Bronycon...

It was at this point that Katie informed us that bronies are responsible for Hasbro’s decision to make Equestria Girls. Hasbro views a huge amount of brony fanart, and they saw enough humanized art to make the decision that humanization would be a good direction for a movie. Remember, artists, Hasbro is watching…

kunonabi

I'm always amazed when I remember that he was self taught, and didn't do any animation before ponies. I liked it.
Felt bad for Sweetie Belle though.

She seemed to take it in stride. I liked it but then again I'm a sucker for video games and sweetie belle.

PaulloDEC

Pft, go get Celestia her butter, peasant.

Is there some in-joke concerning Celestia and butter? I only ask because this showed up in the most recent comic (mild spoilers).

JanAnimations, the guy behind the amazing Picture Perfect Pony music video, just released a new animated short:

Button's Adventures - Episode Pilot

Go watch it, it's amazing.
Button's voice is kinda annoying though...

I was a little concerned it'd be super-cutesy to begin with, especially with that voice. I'm glad it turned out to be proper comedy stuff. JanAnimations does incredible animation, incidentally.

I might be misremembering, but didn't one of the show staff confirm that Flash Sentry won't be appearing in S4? McCarthy maybe?

Saw a cute little girl (I'm guessing around 6) in my store today wearing a Celestia shirt saying Royal Beauty. Just adorable. I wanted to say cute shirt, but considering comments in the OT from supposed parents, I was afraid I'd come across as creepy. This happen to anyone else?

PaulloDEC

Saw a cute little girl (I'm guessing around 6) in my store today wearing a Celestia shirt saying Royal Beauty. Just adorable. I wanted to say cute shirt, but considering comments in the OT from supposed parents, I was afraid I'd come across as creepy. This happen to anyone else?

It hasn't happened to me, but as a rule I'd say avoid commenting on children entirely. No matter what you say, how you say it or how respectable you look, there's still a high probability that the parent is going to find you suspicious/creepy/threatening. People are just like that about strangers these days.

Dai101

Banned
It hasn't happened to me, but as a rule I'd say avoid commenting on children entirely. No matter what you say, how you say it or how respectable you look, there's still a high probability that the parent is going to find you suspicious/creepy/threatening. People are just like that about strangers these days.

Hopefully this is only a USA thing.

PaulloDEC

Hopefully this is only a USA thing.

I'm actually Australian. Obviously it won't be true in every case, but that's the vibe I get.

There was a funny situation not so long ago where the character of the Doctor in a mini-episode of Doctor Who was seen chatting with a little girl on the swings in a public playground. Despite the fact that the Doctor is the trusted hero of the show, there were still people on forums commenting that it looked suspicious and unsettling to them as parents. Not just any people either, these were fans on fan-oriented forums.

It seems to be the general attitude nowadays.

Howdy, just stumbled and found there was a thread for bronies. Neat, considering on the off-topic boards, theres been a couple of threads dissing bronies.

I got one huge question, whats up with the fan art and memes of Rarity and huge crabs? Did I miss something?

JanAnimations, the guy behind the amazing Picture Perfect Pony music video, just released a new animated short:

Button's Adventures - Episode Pilot

Go watch it, it's amazing.
Button's voice is kinda annoying though...

Its amazing how this was made by a fan, even more so if, Im reading this right, it was animated by one dude! Animations are just as good as the show :O Also, quite a funny lil short, hope it wasnt the last one.

PaulloDEC

Howdy, just stumbled and found there was a thread for bronies. Neat, considering on the off-topic boards, theres been a couple of threads dissing bronies.

Welcome!

I got one huge question, whats up with the fan art and memes of Rarity and huge crabs? Did I miss something?

I think we both did. I've seen it around a few times, but I'm no closer to understanding it. One of the other folks in here should have some answers.

Its amazing how this was made by a fan, even more so if, Im reading this right, it was animated by one dude! Animations are just as good as the show :O Also, quite a funny lil short, hope it wasnt the last one.

The guy has some serious talent; as you say, the animations are pretty much on-par with the show itself.

I think the title said it was a pilot episode, so I guess maybe he's waiting to see how it goes before committing to more. I'd definitely watch more!

Welcome!

I think we both did. I've seen it around a few times, but I'm no closer to understanding it. One of the other folks in here should have some answers.

The guy has some serious talent; as you say, the animations are pretty much on-par with the show itself.

I think the title said it was a pilot episode, so I guess maybe he's waiting to see how it goes before committing to more. I'd definitely watch more!

The only connection i could think of is the Sony presentation with the giant enemy crab. Dunno how that connects with Rarity though.

JanAnimations is one amazing animator. I can only imagine how the studio behind MLP FIM is reacting to his animations.

n8

Unconfirmed Member

I think the ponified version of Dog Fort was the start and just like anything else the fanbase ran with it.

Orcastar

0O06J3A.gif

The only connection i could think of is the Sony presentation with the giant enemy crab. Dunno how that connects with Rarity though.

JanAnimations is one amazing animator. I can only imagine how the studio behind MLP FIM is reacting to his animations.
Jan actually applied to DHX a while back when they were looking for animators, but seeing as how he's still making fan animations, I guess it didn't work out for him. The fact that he's Italian and DHX is based in Canada might have something to do with it.

Hahaha, the thing is....I've been a brony for a year or more now >:D

Jan actually applied to DHX a while back when they were looking for animators, but seeing as how he's still making fan animations, I guess it didn't work out for him. The fact that he's Italian and DHX is based in Canada might have something to do with it.

Ah really? Sucky news but understandable. Ah well, at least we're getting these awesome fanimations from him. One of the reasons why being a brony is pretty cool, the fanmade stuff is incredible! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom