• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mracd1AUoI1rpjddao1_1280.png

Gotchaye

You guys need better ears. That's Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, and Tabitha St Germain. It's the main Vancouver recording group.

I hear Ball's parts in there, and Twilight definitely sounds more like Rarity than usual, but I didn't hear Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, or Rarity. I figured it was early mostly because I couldn't pick those three out. AJ is doing Pinkie's part in Giggle at the Ghosties, You Gotta Share honestly sounds more like regular Twilight than Pinkie Pie to me, though I can buy that that's Pinkie's speaking voice singing there (didn't know the singer was different). The singer there sounds like the loudest singer during Pinkie's part in At The Gala, except that part isn't sung from Pinkie's perspective. And then in At The Gala those three's parts are sung by an ensemble.

To be clear, I'm not arguing with you; you sound like you know what you're talking about.

$200

Banned
Just watched Equestria Girls. Thoughts:

Negatives:

-
Beginning part with the ponies was surprisingly the weakest part.
-
Tara Strong must have used a faulty mic or something as Twilight sounds kind of echo-y for 1/3 of the movie.
-
Horrible intro music. Always hated this kind of remix that combines auto-tuning and splicing random lyrics together (see Fluttershy's Lament).
-
Celestia and Luna were super ugly. Speaking of the princesses there's absolutely no reason for Luna, Cadence and Crystal Empire to be in this movie at all.
-
"Girls I need to tell you something" "You're a pony princess from another world?" "Yeah I'm pretty sure she isn-" "Lol actually I'm" "Omg it's so awesome we totally don't think you're joking"
-
Not a fan of them reusing voice clips.
-
Friendship is op.

Positives:

+
Twilight was great.
+
Rarity was great.
+
Pinkie was great.
+
Dash was great.
+
Brad was actually decent.

Overall:

2/5 stars. Not the worst in the series but below average - about on par with Crystal Empire. Garbage concept with decent execution. Would probably have liked more if I were younger.

794.gif

PaulloDEC

She needs more thread time as well:

whCQor9.png

Adorable :D

So being the big dumb geek that I am, I found myself thinking about what the ideal MLP videogame might be last night. Minor spoiler for official comic, issue #9.

What I ended up coming up with was something in the style of Theme Park or Rollercoaster Tycoon, where the player (as Twilight Sparkle) takes charge of organising the
Summer Wrap-Up Festival
, keeping things running smoothly with Twilight's superior managerial skills and solving any problems that might arise by sending Spike and the rest of the Mane 6 to deal with tasks that suit their individual skills.

Animals escaped from the Petting Zoo? Send Applejack or Fluttershy to round them up. Short-staffed at the arts-and-crafts stall? Put Rarity on the case. Unhappy customers? Have Pinkie smooth things over. Missing persons? Get Dash scoping them out from above, or detective Spike on the case on the ground.

Anyone else lame enough to have given this any thought?

$200

Banned
Adorable :D

So being the big dumb geek that I am, I found myself thinking about what the ideal MLP videogame might be last night. Minor spoiler for official comic, issue #9.

What I ended up coming up with was something in the style of Theme Park or Rollercoaster Tycoon, where the player (as Twilight Sparkle) takes charge of organising the
Summer Wrap-Up Festival
, keeping things running smoothly with Twilight's superior managerial skills and solving any problems that might arise by sending Spike and the rest of the Mane 6 to deal with tasks that suit their individual skills.

Animals escaped from the Petting Zoo? Send Applejack or Fluttershy to round them up. Short-staffed at the arts-and-crafts stall? Put Rarity on the case. Unhappy customers? Have Pinkie smooth things over. Missing persons? Get Dash scoping them out from above, or detective Spike on the case on the ground.

Anyone else lame enough to have given this any thought?

- The Sims with Ponies
- Animal Crossing Ponyville version
- Fighting game (aka Fighting is Magic)
-
Dating Sim

PaulloDEC

- The Sims with Ponies
- Animal Crossing Ponyville version
- Fighting game (aka Fighting is Magic)
-
Dating Sim

As great as Fighting is Magic looked, it wasn't really a natural fit for MLP. I'm thinking more along the lines of "What kind of game would fit with the tone and style of the show while still being fun for people of all ages?" Your top two suggestions are both really good ones I think, particularly Animal Crossing.

PaulloDEC

Point and click adventure game. It makes so much sense that it's crazy nobody else besides us has tried to make one.

I've actually been watching Gravity Falls for the first time recently. That show would make an incredible Lucasarts-style adventure game.

I really like the idea of an MLP adventure game too, though I wonder how you could do a story that involved all six of the main characters without short-changing anyone. Maybe pairing them off and dividing the story into three threads, in the style of Hearths Warming Eve? I'd play that.

Silvawuff

Have any of you bit on the pony boxers on WLF? I think it's great guys're finally getting some adult pony undergarment options.

Speaking as a gal, I have a growing collection of the Hot Topic pony undies. I especially love the Derpy ones.

What about pony clothes in general? Do any of you have pony shirts, sweaters, etc. you wear around often?

Orcastar

I've actually been watching Gravity Falls for the first time recently. That show would make an incredible Lucasarts-style adventure game.

I really like the idea of an MLP adventure game too, though I wonder how you could do a story that involved all six of the main characters without short-changing anyone. Maybe pairing them off and dividing the story into three threads, in the style of Hearths Warming Eve? I'd play that.

Actually, did you know that we were making a point & click adventure game at one point? I can't recall if you were already around back then. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, check out a Let's Play or something.

Sigh, it could have been great...

Orcastar

Whatever happened with that?

Some members of the development team were more interested in playing Guild Wars 2 than working on the game, so development was put on indefinite hold. Seeing as how that happened over a year ago, it's pretty safe to say that the project is dead and buried.

You could make the characters have their own specialties that play to their strengths. So if you find something heavy that needs moved, used Applejack. If there's a snake in the way, use Fluttershy, etc. When you have one selected, the other five can be spread out around the area, doing funny background things while you play.

$200

Banned
Have any of you bit on the pony boxers on WLF? I think it's great guys're finally getting some adult pony undergarment options.

Speaking as a gal, I have a growing collection of the Hot Topic pony undies. I especially love the Derpy ones.

What about pony clothes in general? Do any of you have pony shirts, sweaters, etc. you wear around often?

I don't own any pony clothes personally...plushies, books and DVDs are more of my things.

You could make the characters have their own specialties that play to their strengths. So if you find something heavy that needs moved, used Applejack. If there's a snake in the way, use Fluttershy, etc. When you have one selected, the other five can be spread out around the area, doing funny background things while you play.

Gobliiins: pony edition?

Orcastar

That's pretty much what we were doing, though we of course had the CMC as playable characters instead of the mane 6. Scootalo would have been able to hover/fly short distances, making her able to reach places the other two could not. Apple Bloom was able to kick stuff, and Sweetie Belle sang.

On a somewhat related note, the official MLP Facebook page posted a new cover image:

I0Z28bK.png

Nothing out of the ordinary here, right? Well have a look at this:

2TBwvCh.png

Pretty low, huh?

Cheerilee

Pretty low, huh?

I'm not sure if "low" is the right word, because it's possible that whoever is responsible was a fan of Fighting is Magic.

Of course, it's also possible that whoever is responsible didn't have easy access to Hasbro's art materials, so they just Googled it, and we ended up with another situation like IGN's watermark being on the cover of Okami.

tafer

That's pretty much what we were doing, though we of course had the CMC as playable characters instead of the mane 6. Scootalo would have been able to hover/fly short distances, making her able to reach places the other two could not. Apple Bloom was able to kick stuff, and Sweetie Belle sang.

On a somewhat related note, the official MLP Facebook page posted a new cover image:

http://i.imgur.com/I0Z28bK.png[IMG]

Nothing out of the ordinary here, right? Well have a look at this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2TBwvCh.png[MG]

Pretty low, huh?[/QUOTE]
Rubbing salt in a wound, I like their style.

I'm not sure if "low" is the right word, because it's possible that whoever is responsible was a fan of Fighting is Magic.

Of course, it's also possible that whoever is responsible didn't have easy access to Hasbro's art materials, so they just Googled it, and we ended up with another situation like IGN's watermark being on the cover of Okami.

WHAT. WHAT

edit- googling about this. this is amazing

PaulloDEC

I've got a gray "BRONY" shirt from welovefine that I wear every couple of weeks. The print is nice, and they use really lovely soft fabric.

Actually, did you know that we were making a point & click adventure game at one point? I can't recall if you were already around back then. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, check out a Let's Play or something.

Sigh, it could have been great...

I wasn't around during development, but I feel sure I've seen that video around. Shame it had to end, it looked like things were progressing really nicely.

I'm guessing it's the latter. Usually the less scandalous option is the truest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom