• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulloDEC

This isn't the first time fan-created assets have ended up in official pony content. I'm sure some of us might remember this:

AsbY6xm.png

That was pretty funny, particularly the fact that they used wet-mane Silver Spoon. The ambiguity as to whether they made that choice deliberately or not only makes it funnier.

So I had an opportunity to participate in the Round Stable review of Volume 9 of the comics (I go by The Doctor on their forums).

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/08/12/trs-round-table-016-fim-comics-9/

Nice writeup, found myself agreeing with a lot of what you all were saying.

akira28

Point and click adventure game. It makes so much sense that it's crazy nobody else besides us has tried to make one.

I vote this. With lots of inventory and ways to
pony-die

That was pretty funny, particularly the fact that they used wet-mane Silver Spoon. The ambiguity as to whether they made that choice deliberately or not only makes it funnier.

Wet mane Silver Spoon is...The only real Rarity threat.

I hate to steal Myke's thunder but he's been running this tumblr for about a week now.
http://belleevestory.tumblr.com/

these are good. it'd be cool if belle went viral

Loona

You could make the characters have their own specialties that play to their strengths. So if you find something heavy that needs moved, used Applejack. If there's a snake in the way, use Fluttershy, etc. When you have one selected, the other five can be spread out around the area, doing funny background things while you play.

Lost Vikings -> Lost Ponies?

Or borrowing Odin Sphere's structure, could also work, based on what I recently read about it...

That comic's looking nice, but I wish Tumblr wasn't that popular as a hosting solution, it's as annoying as blogs when you're catching up and want to read things in release order...

I watched EQ last night - couldn't find "human" Lyra, so my headcanon now insists she's a native from that other dimension.

$200

Banned
I watched EQ last night - couldn't find "human" Lyra, so my headcanon now insists she's a native from that other dimension.

No Lyra as confirmed by one of the artists. She's considered a "background character" and they re-did all the background characters for EG. Cheerilee, DJ Pony, etc are "secondary character" so they made it into the movie.

And the MLP Facebook cover image got changed to this:

skh8iM2.png

Why would Twilight lug all those books outside? They're gonna get ruined.

Because MAGIC! and really who cares? Hasbro is the new Capcpom.. accept it as your reality as I do.

*Burros still don't count for much anyway, so I am indifferent.

$200, do you have to use that term? I know, it is potentially what is happening, but.. I just hate the term "butthurt" No offense meant!

That said. I refuse to buy clothes for my avatar! I can barely afford the real clothes! ;p

Been a while since I have time to actually comment on some of these posts. I really want to make sure that people's creative works do not go unnoticed.

I did something again. Was fun to play around with the light and shadow of this one.

(Link)

Shoutout to HootBot from the IRC channel for giving the random scenario of "Celestia and Luna camping". Well, here it is. Celestia and Luna camping.

Can't wait to see more! Please keep drawing and sharing!

Lifesized Dash plush my mom made.
http://judhudson.deviantart.com/art/Lifesize-Rainbow-Dash-Plush-391307784

Made of fleece and felt for the eyes/cutie mark. She weighs right around 20 pounds and reaches just about 47". According to my mom, she took about 3 weeks to make.

Wow. This is incredible. Super cute. Your mom is a very talented seamstress. Has she made any other plushies you can share?

judhudson

Been a while since I have time to actually comment on some of these posts. I really want to make sure that people's creative works do not go unnoticed.

Can't wait to see more! Please keep drawing and sharing!

Wow. This is incredible. Super cute. Your mom is a very talented seamstress. Has she made any other plushies you can share?

Thank you :)

Only thing that bugs us is the wings, but its something that needs to be practiced over time (I didn't stuff them right, I suppose).

But yeah, we have some more photos here: http://judhudson.deviantart.com/gallery/44865502

We just dropped $700 on an embroidery machine (so we can do eyes and cutie marks), so once we get a little better with the pattern, we're going to switch from fleece to minky material and try our hands at upgrading the plushes to look more nice.

Thank you :)

Only thing that bugs us is the wings, but its something that needs to be practiced over time (I didn't stuff them right, I suppose).

But yeah, we have some more photos here: http://judhudson.deviantart.com/gallery/44865502

We just dropped $700 on an embroidery machine (so we can do eyes and cutie marks), so once we get a little better with the pattern, we're going to switch from fleece to minky material and try our hands at upgrading the plushes to look more nice.

That Princess Twilight Sparkle is really good. Great gallery. Yeah, I suppose if I had to point out one thing about that Rainbow Dash is that wings looked more like hands to me than feathers, but it's way better than anything I could do and it still looked adorable. Can't wait to see what you guys can do with an embroidery machine, it will make your plushies look even more professional than they already do.

Luffy your pic makes me happy. That tube is not connected to anything! ;p

I am in for Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon, as I just got a Lyra Heartstrings the other day. They MUST be together... as friends!

Theres a lil buzzing going on in the pony side of tumblr. Seems like a new movement is intent on taking the Ask Molestia tumblr down. What are your opinions bout this matter?

PaulloDEC

Theres a lil buzzing going on in the pony side of tumblr. Seems like a new movement is intent on taking the Ask Molestia tumblr down. What are your opinions bout this matter?

Uh... why would anyone want to do that? Ask Molestia is usually pretty funny, and if nothing else it has great art.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

For it going away, but I'm never a fan of things that corrupt the shows characters. Like JJ's stuff most the time, but I think it's unfortunate he panders to that section of the fandom.

Gamer Luna seems funny based on the few that get posted during E3, but I don't read it regularly becasue it's in between the crap molestia comics. Surprised he hasn't made it it's own thing.

PaulloDEC

For it going away, but I'm never a fan of things that corrupt the shows characters. Like JJ's stuff most the time, but I think it's unfortunate he panders to that section of the fandom.

I'm pretty much the same, but I find it really easy to just skim through the weirder stuff. I only check the tumblr every couple of weeks and there's usually something funny or silly worth seeing.

Can't imagine why people would be calling for it to be removed. Why not just, y'know, not read it?

EDIT: To clarify, I have no trouble separating the characters on AM from the show characters, i.e. Gamer Luna/Molestia can do whatever they like because I see them as existing independently from the show characters that inspired them.

Even Gamer Luna is a bit tainted, with the light Derpy shipping. That said, if Ask PM is taken down it'd be neat if Gamer Luna popped up in its place.
edit- to clarify, I find it stupid as heck that people are rallying to take it down.

TransTrender

Gold Member

PM is much more tame than the Fluttershy thingy with both male and female genitalia. Keep it, don't get all bent out of shape.

Gamer Luna seems funny based on the few that get posted during E3, but I don't read it regularly becasue it's in between the crap molestia comics. Surprised he hasn't made it it's own thing.

I'm pretty much the same, but I find it really easy to just skim through the weirder stuff. I only check the tumblr every couple of weeks and there's usually something funny or silly worth seeing.

Can't imagine why people would be calling for it to be removed. Why not just, y'know, not read it?

EDIT: To clarify, I have no trouble separating the characters on AM from the show characters, i.e. Gamer Luna/Molestia can do whatever they like because I see them as existing independently from the show characters that inspired them.

I'm the same, there's an occasional chuckle I'll have, but it's just "Whoo Molestia! I have such an INSATIABLE LUST! HAHAHA!" just gets old after a while. I like the Gamer Luna stuff so much more. I think it's kind of stupid people are "rallying together" to shut it down, but meh.

PM is much more tame than the Fluttershy thingy with both male and female genitalia. Keep it, don't get all bent out of shape.

It's kind of same thing though. For me, anyway. When Cartoonlion first started doing it kind of got on my nerves quickly as both the artwork and the "humor" just seemed to scream "Fluttershy... with a PENIS. It's funny though because she's like a DOG" Even the artwork really went out of its way to make sure YOU KNEW. I actually liked it when Megasweet took over, his artwork actually made the concept work without shoving the genitalia aspect in your face and Futashy was genuinely adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom