• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

gwvq40q.gif

Don't really follow things on tumblr much.. as I hate it so much (I still watch some people here though)

That said... taking down one ask site will just encourage a push-back. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!

But hey, go everyone trying to "purify" what they consider fan art... =/ (If you want to go after something, check the "awesome" thread! There is so much more to go after ;p)

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Six Flags meetup with the bronies was...

Well, the Good:
1. Fun! Not that many people there despite being a Summer Friday!
2. A good to decent turnout, of about 30 some people, from Inland Empire, to Tijuana! was cool to see.
3. Made a couple new friends! Always a nice thing! Despite my burro-sona here, people still find my reasons to not like Pinkie and Rarity somewhat funny, but at least talk about it! (not saying you all don't)

The Bad.
1. Pretty sure I have been sheltered on ponygaf/irc for a long time. The amount of gay slurs and in one case, homophobia, was VERY off-putting (one person "thought I was a gay" and spread shit about me crying on a coaster... "like a lil ***... well, that word I hate!) ... I didn't take it very well, and pretty sure I know who it is.

That said, I'll handle it in person later... (as I know him from the local meetups)

2. A group that size tends to split up. it was expected. But the older guys (not including me and my brother) were very rude to the young people there. made me sad they did not set a good example. One incident was someone being called a 'loser crying bitch' for not going on X2. (the ride was closed for maintenance while waiting in line, so even I left the line...)

3. Overall, no leadership. this was no one's fault really, but the person who put this together didn't show up, and sadly once that started... things were just disorganized. I believe we got some pictures, but overall, was rather disjointed.

Sounds pretty blah, makes me very apprehensive about going to a meet up (not I can anyway since they always seem to do it on weekends :/ )

Don't let this experience sour you on meetups. This is the only time stuff happened that I was not being overly critical about (well, not true, the High Desert leader freaked out over a video on a last meeting that was posted on an anti-pony board. BUT He was defending the group at least. thing is being a troll group, I think he wasted his time trying to talk to them)

Ours meets oddly on Thursdays and/or Fridays.. which works out most of the time for me as weekends are a cluster as well... (my 3ds group does it, because the Gameworks has a special on thursdays.. etc)

I mean.. it isn't something I expected to happen, especially over what I thought was nothing in the first place. See, as many of these guys are on Facebook, they "poke" each other when they meet up.. like they do online... but I am thinking, after they saw my recent ThunderHead pony/ drag pics of my OCs, they assumed I must be that way too, and when I finally 'poked' the dude who did it to me first, that's when things started...

*sigh* so much over something so trivial. I'll talk later on this... as I am mildly upset about this still

(For the record, I don't do drag at all ;p I just like drawing ponies in armor and in fancy clothes, male or female)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The one about banning cake? What did you find classless about that?

Mocking of the whole situation rather than actually addressing it. I think there's a legitimate complaint about so light heatedly making fun of things like that as the comic does. I thought JJ could have done something better than a comic that basically just says "fuck these guys".

PaulloDEC

Mocking of the whole situation rather than actually addressing it. I think there's a legitimate complaint about so light heatedly making fun of things like that as the comic does. I thought JJ could have done something better than a comic that basically just says "fuck these guys".

Maybe it's my lack of background knowledge on the whole thing, but what is the legitimate complaint?

Also, I feel like this little disclaimer from the site might have some relevance:

Ask Molestia said:
For Mature Audiences Only!

If you take this site seriously, you really do belong on the moon.

McNum

You know that thing where I draw something pony related and then share it with PonyGAF some times? It's that time again!

But first, a question: Did you ever soar past lightning?
rainbow_dash____did_you_ever____by_mcnum-d6izitt.png

(link)

It's awesome!

My first purely digital drawing, too. No pencil sketches or other analog drawing methods used, it's pure digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom