• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

You know that thing where I draw something pony related and then share it with PonyGAF some times? It's that time again!

But first, a question: Did you ever soar past lightning?
rainbow_dash____did_you_ever____by_mcnum-d6izitt.png

(link)

It's awesome!

My first purely digital drawing, too. No pencil sketches or other analog drawing methods used, it's pure digital.

I like it, especially the lightning. Just a tip though, you might want to focus a bit more on perspective next time, especially for the eyes.

Guilty. Nothing in life is simultaneously that cute and that villainous-looking without having a sinister ulterior motive.

... and this is why the fandom is wrong.. The true evil wears pink ;p

I of course, refer to Cadence!

*ahem* I don't see whoever this Echo is, as being evil... just because she is different...

McNum

I like it, especially the lightning. Just a tip though, you might want to focus a bit more on perspective next time, especially for the eyes.
This is a pretty extreme perspective I used, so there's sure to be room for improvement. The eyes are on a different perspective plane than the rest of her since she's turning her head, so yeah. Wasn't easy.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
You know that thing where I draw something pony related and then share it with PonyGAF some times? It's that time again!

But first, a question: Did you ever soar past lightning?
It's awesome!

My first purely digital drawing, too. No pencil sketches or other analog drawing methods used, it's pure digital.
Great work, McNum. You're getting better with each piece.

I've updated the "Belle Eve's Story" comic with five new panels. You can find it here: http://belleevestory.tumblr.com/

Please do spread the word about it, if you're capable. :)

Great work, McNum. You're getting better with each piece.

I've updated the "Belle Eve's Story" comic with five new panels. You can find it here: http://belleevestory.tumblr.com/

Please do spread the word about it, if you're capable. :)

Sure, and in return I'd like you all to take a peek at my friend's comic. RPG Ponies with a suggestion box. Hoping to update on Fridays, but has been a bit slow sometimes. Still great art; I love the facial expressions.

http://ponieswithclass.tumblr.com/

PaulloDEC

Well, that's pretty rad. I wonder how they could fit with the other groups, i.e. could you have a Unicorn bat pony, or are they strictly an offshoot of Pegasi?

For that matter, were there Unicorns or Pegasi among the crystal ponies? I don't remember seeing any, so maybe they qualify as an offshoot of Earth ponies.

By that way of thinking the Unicorn/Pegasi/Earth Pony trio remains the overall template for the MLP universe.

It's fun to be a geek.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, we could say Crystal Ponies are an offshoot from Earth Ponies. Bat Ponies, and offshoot of Pegasus ponies. We need an offshoot race for Unicorns now.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I would love to have more MLP trading cards, but I really don't want to be ordering dozens of packs from the USA, which is the only way that is cost effective, since I'm currently a househusband and don't really have disposable income for this sort of thing. Would someone be willing to trade cards for drawings? I could make you some pretty pretty ponies.

PaulloDEC

Changelings.

They have wings though.

Hmm, hadn't thought of those guys. Kinda throws a spanner in the theory, actually. If they don't qualify as an offshoot of either Unicorns or Pegasi, that makes them their own race, which is at odds with the Pegasi/Unicorn/Earth Pony trio.

I guess you could make the claim that they're not actually ponies. They look a lot like insects, so they could be some weird evolutionary branch from before ponies themselves came about.

PaulloDEC

There's some weird-ass groupthink going on in this fandom. I was just skimming some comments on the bat pony story on Equestria Daily and they're having almost the exact same conversation there as we did here, right down to suggestion that changelings are the Unicorn offshoot, but-oh-wait-they-have-wings-too.

*things about bat ponies*
Well, as Myke showed you all, my bat pony, Silhouette, is a mix of Pegasi and bat winged (and a reason to give her a brighter color palette!)

As for co-mingling... I hope so! Otherwise my Zed the Zony wouldn't have his foals! (I am fully aware Zonies are sterile.. but magic says no ;p)

*pic of some tweet*
This explains nothing...

Changelings.
To agree with DrForrester, no. Changelings, in my messed up mind, are corrupted Breezies, from last Gen ;p

judhudson

Still working on the Echo bat pony plush. But in the meantime, here's a finished Sweetie Belle (her pattern was hard!)

sweetie_belle_plush_by_judhudson-d6jg3s1.jpg

We tried out a new thing this time around. Her eyes are embroidered. We had to cut and glue them on however. Still have to learn how the pros embroider them onto the fabric. Gonna be tough to figure that out...

Orcastar

Sorry i am not into that kind of thing, know a bunch of people on this other image board who would be right up your alley.
I'm not sure I follow. Is there something about that pic that I'm missing? I just thought it was cute. And possibly a Cowboy Bebop reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom