• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ever wonder how unicorns would play Wii?

6818bd40ef7201300d9a001dd8b71c47

... Ok. i don't like HER art. The style, while simplistic, is NOT to my liking. I admit the same to JJ's and another pony artist I can't recall the name of, but I think I did enough damage, to my fan cred here.

True, I don't know how much work went into someone's art, but when I see people on my watch list get crapped on because they aren't emulating that art style or worse yet, 'asked' by fans to emulate it, and if it isn't perfect, they complain, but won't hire the artist they want. It is sad.

I also feel bad for the artist here like Myke and others.. not enough appreciation, but what do I know? I know Myke, you told me not to worry, but I like your work.

I am no artist. I draw because honestly I wish to learn, and things like emulating something like 'Animal Crossing' (again, a simple artstyle) allude me. Perhaps I think too much, or not enough. But, it is an opinion I have.

I shan't say so again however, lord forbid I have another Pinkie-type debate here. All I know, is that I like what I like, and I sadly, don't find that style appealing. Will I cry or bitch if it is posted though? Nah, not worth it, you all have opinions as I do ;p No need to cause problems so... I do apologize.

Anyways, here are some art pieces I like... probably old though.

(Images should load now..)

I don't see the pony genetics thing as a bad thing, or any indication that the Cakes are doing anything wrong

They are married adults, let them be! ;p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
My latest piece, tailor-made for our very own Fony:
Lately I've been feeling like I'm reaching my maximum potential and that I have no talent to acquire any more skills. I've also been feeling some lack of motivation, and isolated from people. Illustrating is a lonely task. :(

I have to press forward, though. I am no longer a young man and I still have a lot to learn if I want to become good enough to garner any kind of relevant attention.

Videoneon

I like the pieces you create Myke. I respect artistic talent. If I had a ranking of "things I'm good at" visual arts is very low on that list.

What sort of aspirations do you have if you don't mind me asking? You don't think you're at a level to gain relevant attention, but I'm wondering what for. I also think it's possible that your recent isolation could be feeding your sense of lacking, or wanting more. But, more power to wanting to improve, and I'm no psychologist.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I like the pieces you create Myke. I respect artistic talent. If I had a ranking of "things I'm good at" visual arts is very low on that list.

What sort of aspirations do you have if you don't mind me asking? You don't think you're at a level to gain relevant attention, but I'm wondering what for. I also think it's possible that your recent isolation could be feeding your sense of lacking, or wanting more. But, more power to wanting to improve, and I'm no psychologist.
Thank you so much for you encouragement and for your opinion about my work, Videoneon. That means a lot to me, especially coming from a PonyGAFfer.

I would like my works to be admired and enjoyed by as many people as possible, and to reap the rewards of such admiration. In this fandom, it is easy to ascertain which illustrators are the fan favorites, and I would like for my name to be, at least, considered for being said in the same breath as theirs. I am probably never going to be able to make a living out of drawing ponies (or anything else), but to have people come to me for a commission because they value my work and would like that to be translated in payment, and at the same time preferring me over all those other great artists who provide similar services; Or even consider me for collaborations, group streams and charity auctions; That kind of thing would contribute a lot to make it all seem worth it to me.

Orcastar

My latest piece, tailor-made for our very own Fony:

Lately I've been feeling like I'm reaching my maximum potential and that I have no talent to acquire any more skills. I've also been feeling some lack of motivation, and isolated from people. Illustrating is a lonely task. :(

I have to press forward, though. I am no longer a young man and I still have a lot to learn if I want to become good enough to garner any kind of relevant attention.

I think this is the best piece you've ever drawn.

I've been feeling isolated from people all my life and I don't even draw (much). At least you have some aspirations.

On an unrelated note, issue 10 of the offical MLP comic is out:

O5HV7st.jpg

This issue concludes the two-part story Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair, in which Big Mac embarked on an epic quest to buy some nails from the Ponyville harware store. Go buy it, it's pretty good.

I felt that it didn't quite live up to issue 9 though. It was still enjoyable and a nice conclusion to the story, but issue 9 was better overall.

Also, Derpy's name confirmed?

Videoneon

Thank you so much for you encouragement and for your opinion about my work, Videoneon. That means a lot to me, especially coming from a PonyGAFfer.

I would like my works to be admired and enjoyed by as many people as possible, and to reap the rewards of such admiration. In this fandom, it is easy to ascertain which illustrators are the fan favorites, and I would like for my name to be, at least, considered for being said in the same breath as theirs. I am probably never going to be able to make a living out of drawing ponies (or anything else), but to have people come to me for a commission because they value my work and would like that to be translated in payment, and at the same time preferring me over all those other great artists who provide similar services; Or even consider me for collaborations, group streams and charity auctions; That kind of thing would contribute a lot to make it all seem worth it to me.

More power to you!

The implication that distant relatives contributing to the pony type is too farfetched, and that Mrs. Cake has been sleeping around.

Not to mention the Cakes were visited by a certain alicorn in another episode aired about 9 months before that.

I saw the episode, but somehow...the implication (and the additional context, aka $200's post) totally eluded me.

Heh heh.

I think this is the best piece you've ever drawn.

I've been feeling isolated from people all my life and I don't even draw (much). At least you have some aspirations.

On an unrelated note, issue 10 of the offical MLP comic is out:

O5HV7st.jpg

This issue concludes the two-part story Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair, in which Big Mac embarked on an epic quest to buy some nails from the Ponyville harware store. Go buy it, it's pretty good.

I felt that it didn't quite live up to issue 9 though. It was still enjoyable and a nice conclusion to the story, but issue 9 was better overall.

Also, Derpy's name confirmed?

I loved both this and number 9. Though I must agree that I liked #9 a little bit better
there was more Luna in #9
. Also, great call back to #1
having Derpy live in the cocoon the changelings made for her
. That had me laughing pretty good. I really wish they would just hire Katie Cook for the normal show, she has such a great sense of humor.

PaulloDEC

I loved both this and number 9. Though I must agree that I liked #9 a little bit better
there was more Luna in #9
. Also, great call back to #1
having Derpy live in the cocoon the changelings made for her
. That had me laughing pretty good. I really wish they would just hire Katie Cook for the normal show, she has such a great sense of humor.

Derpy continuing to live in the cocoon was probably my favourite gag from this issue. The fact that she even had a mailbox out front made it even funnier.

Anyway, another great issue. Not sure how it stacks up against #9, but I enjoyed them both a lot.

judhudson

Thanks so much, your opinion means a lot to me, and...

This is marvelous.

I kehn droh teh kyoot behtponeez too! :D

(This is Nobodyspatzy's OC, Silhouette, if anybody's wondering)

Myke, speaking of which, have you or anyone ever ordered a print off of DeviantArt? I'm meeting Bruce Campbell next month, and I want a nice print of the drawing you did of RD as Ash for him to autograph. Not sure if I should buy straight from DA, or if I'd have better results by printing it out at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom