• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Myke, speaking of which, have you or anyone ever ordered a print off of DeviantArt? I'm meeting Bruce Campbell next month, and I want a nice print of the drawing you did of RD as Ash for him to autograph. Not sure if I should buy straight from DA, or if I'd have better results by printing it out at Walmart.
I'm afraid that I have never tried their services... but neither have I heard any complaints.
An asian, but no black girl? I'm diversappointed.
I regret nothing.
Nor should you!

Morgadeth

Pxm4fyi.gif

brian577

Banned
Well apparently the Hub edited EQG for television broadcast. Guess I'll wait till it shows up on Netflix. Hasbro stop giving me excuses to avoid this!

LuffyZoro

Well apparently the Hub edited EQG for television broadcast. Guess I'll wait till it shows up on Netflix. Hasbro stop giving me excuses to avoid this!

I think Netflix is usually the TV broadcast version.
You can find the full version in HD on YouTube.

LuffyZoro

Why would they? That doesn't make any sense, seeing as this is a movie, and why would they add a cut version over the full version.

I dunno, but I remember seeing something in another thread about that happening. Obviously though, there's no way to be sure if it's true in this case until it goes up.

brian577

Banned
What was cut out? Is it the credits
(i.e. Derpy)
?

According to EQD live stream comments.
Entirety of Strange New World
Entirety of Library scene
Trixie's scene
Entirety of A Friend For Life
Multiple lines from various scenes (like Pinkie only says "What!?" twice in the boutique)

Derpy does appear but only in the cafeteria scene the end credits were replaced with ones based on the show

PaulloDEC

Just came to post that, it's a pretty fantastic bit of work. Celestia's bits were great.

According to EQD live stream comments.
Entirety of Strange New World
Entirety of Library scene
Trixie's scene
Entirety of A Friend For Life
Multiple lines from various scenes (like Pinkie only says "What!?" twice in the boutique)

Derpy does appear but only in the cafeteria scene the end credits were replaced with ones based on the show

Woah, those are some pretty brutal cuts; taking out entire songs seems particularly excessive.

$200

Banned
It really goes to show how little Hasbro thinks of the shows they have tbh :\

Why play the whole 70 minutes when 60 is enough to sell their crappy toys

Gotchaye

What? But you need the library scene for later ones to make sense.

To be fair, they already established that Twilight doesn't know how to be human and it really is a little redundant to show her being bad at humanity and to show
the campaign ad with the video of her being bad at humanity. I did not watch the cut version, but I bet it would work fine with Snips and Snails just being told to go take pictures, Twilight announcing an intention to go to the library, and then the campaign ad showing up.
edit: spoiler tagged because I don't know what we're doing in here about that

Trixie cut is obvious and end credits are disposable. Strange New World cut is brutal.

I bet they would have loved to cut the
manipulated photos
plot, but if I remember right what's-his-name asks Twilight to the dance at the end of it and that scene is necessary in order to set up their "no doesn't always mean no" conversation later.

kunonabi

It really goes to show how little Hasbro thinks of the shows they have tbh :\

Why play the whole 70 minutes when 60 is enough to sell their crappy toys

That should have been obvious with the poor communication surrounding season 3 and us getting stuck with twilicorn for season 4 because the writers thought they were ending the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom