• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about major Villain rankings?

Mine:
Queen Chrysalis > Discord > Nightmare Moon

Queen Chrysalis, serious threat and had an army. Discord, Chaos, but didn't seem to have any real malice towards anypony. NMM, well, could have been a bigger threat, but all her attempts to stop the mane 6 seemed rather nerfed.

Back to more art

chrysalis_wallpaper_by_schocky-d4xa411.jpg

cadence_by_polkin-d4xb09a.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I've decided that in order to accurately and scientificially rank the ponies of the mane six, one must obviously rank them accordance to their respective contributions to pony society.

So here we go.

1. Twilight - Quite possibly set to be the most powerful spellcasting unicorn in the history of Equestria. Personal pupil to the the immortal demigod dictator princess. Recently introduced into the Canterlot royal family through the marriage of her brother, the captain of the Royal Guard. In all likelihood, will become one of the most powerful political figures once her studies are complete. No doubt that she's a pony that's going places.
Contribution to Pony Society: Extremely High

2. Rainbow Dash - One of the fastest, if not the fastest, pegasus ponies in all of Equestria. The only pegasus to achieve the Sonic Rainboom. In charge of weather in Ponyville. Her full impact has yet to be realized, but she's bound to be one of the biggest athletic celebrities in Equestria in due time.
Contribution to Pony Society: High

3. Rarity - A growing star in pony fashion. She's worked with Hoity Toity, Sapphire Shores, and even was the official dress maker for a Royal Wedding. Her company could use expansion, but making the dresses for the rich and powerful is pretty big stuff.
Contribution to Pony Society: High

4. Applejack - A member of Ponyville's founding family. Her farm is also seen as the biggest food producer in Ponyville. She's hard-working, but her influence doesn't really extend past Ponyville.
Contribution to Pony Society: Moderate

5. Fluttershy - She seems to be the primary caregiver of animals in Ponyville, but she rarely socializes with other ponies and thus can't really hold too much influence. Her brief status as a fashion celebrity has mostly been forgotten.
Contribution to Pony Scoiety: Low

6. Pinkie Pie - She uh, works in a bakery and throws a mean party. She knows every single pony in Ponyville though, so that's something.
Contribution to Pony Society: Low

So there you go folks...

Twilight > Rainbow Dash = Rarity > Applejack > Fluttershy = Pinkie Pie

This was performed scientifically, so you cannot disagree with it.

blamite

CHEEZMO™;37186165 said:

"There was actually a double meaning in the song. The song is in the key of Db Major (just like winter wrap up!) . That means that the root chord is a Db major chord. Usually, a Ab major chord will lead into a Db major. This is the V-I chord progression and it is also known as the Authentic Cadence (stick with me here). Now, it seems to resolve to a sadder chord at the end of the phrase. Instead of ending on Db major around 1:16, it lands on Bb minor: the relative minor of Db major. Now, when a chord progression seems to be heading to the root chord but lands on the relative minor instead, that is called a...
Deceptive Cadence
Also worth noting, listen to how Twilight sings the last "forever" in the song. Her little cadenza (I am seriously not making these words up) quotes the opening notes of the theme song"

from Reddit

Scirrocco

" Take this! My love, my Friendship, and all my magic! Shining Hoof Sword!"

this_hoof_of_mine_burns_red_____by_himanuts-d4s49fx.png

Its fitting because they actually had a mobile horse in that series.

Man, i was depressed because the long wait for new pony, but the artwork we get after season finales always makes the wait less painful.

Season 2 pony rankings changed slightly. Twilight goes higher: All the Twi-less episodes early in the season makes you realize you've taken her for granted all this time. Applejack too simply for learning nothing.

Rarity>Applejack>Twilight> Pinkie Pie > Fluttershy > Rainbow Dash.

Yay fanon being turned into legit canon. So awesome.

chrysalis_wallpaper_by_gig_mendecil-d4x92y3.png

Theres something I really like about her design.
Even if Lauren Faust is no more in the series, the characters design of Queen Chrysalis is the most Lauren Faust/Craig McCracken looking of the whole series.
I dont know how to expalin it but she looks directly like she was taken from the PPG or Fosters.

McNum

Sedusa, so thats what it remind me!
Mmmm, looking sedusa better, it has also to be something else.
*ahem* Have to get the voice right for this one... The other half is AKU! The SHAPESHIFTING Master of DARKNESS!

*cough* No one hammed it up like Mako doing Aku. But that completely black transformation with just the eyes visible? Classic Aku.

A small tangent, but is it just me who's now realizing just how much The Powerpuff Girls got away with? Sedusa, a supervillain whose power is seduction and prehensile hair, and, of course... HIM. Who is pretty much Satan in drag. How did they get away with that?

*ahem* Have to get the voice right for this one... The other half is AKU! The SHAPESHIFTING Master of DARKNESS!

*cough* No one hammed it up like Mako doing Aku. But that completely black transformation with just the eyes visible? Classic Aku.

A small tangent, but is it just me who's now realizing just how much The Powerpuff Girls got away with? Sedusa, a supervillain whose power is seduction and prehensile hair, and, of course... HIM. Who is pretty much Satan in drag. How did they get away with that?

I was going to say also Samurai Jack, but becuase nor Lauren nor Craig worked in them (although Gendy's style is very similar to both of them) I didnt want to add it. But yeah, its also similar to aku and other creatures in samurai jack.

Holy fuck, thats amazing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Been dodging this thread lately just to avoid spoilers and the like now that S2 is over <_<

Anyway my slow ass is finally back to watching.

My Little Pony S2 11

1WlIfl.jpg

So this is one of those episodes that drives home that whole Pegasi vs Unciorn vs Earth Ponies thing. I’m not sure where I fall on that issue, mainly I don’t really judge ponies based on silly things like that.

I guess I’d be an Earth Pony guy since Applejack + Pinkie Pie > Twilight + 0 > Rainbow Dash + 0. I can respect the work Earth Ponies do, they get the job done without relying on cheap parlor tricks like Magic or Flight. Just good old fashioned hard work (except for the crappy Earth Ponies like Hoity Toity).

Princess Platinum is somehow worse than Rarity taking poor advantage of Clover like that (Twilight in that outfit was so cute). They must be distant relatives or something.

Honestly it’s hard to enjoy a Christmas special episode in April. Especially because as a Floridian I don’t even know what Christmas feels like anymore. I guess the episode itself was alright, it was neat getting that kind of backstory into Equestria’s history.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Been dodging this thread lately just to avoid spoilers and the like now that S2 is over <_<

Anyway my slow ass is finally back to watching.

My Little Pony S2 11

1WlIfl.jpg

So this is one of those episodes that drives home that whole Pegasi vs Unciorn vs Earth Ponies thing. I’m not sure where I fall on that issue, mainly I don’t really judge ponies based on silly things like that.

I guess I’d be an Earth Pony guy since Applejack + Pinkie Pie > Twilight + 0 > Rainbow Dash + 0. I can respect the work Earth Ponies do, they get the job done without relying on cheap parlor tricks like Magic or Flight. Just good old fashioned hard work (except for the crappy Earth Ponies like Hoity Toity).

Princess Platinum is somehow worse than Rarity taking poor advantage of Clover like that (Twilight in that outfit was so cute). They must be distant relatives or something.

Honestly it’s hard to enjoy a Christmas special episode in April. Especially because as a Floridian I don’t even know what Christmas feels like anymore. I guess the episode itself was alright, it was neat getting that kind of backstory into Equestria’s history.

You're right about so many things, but your Fluttershy hate is baffling. Celestia bashing is bad too, but everyone sadly does that.

$200

Banned
Song ranking time (both s1 and s2)

Luna Tier
Smile

Celestia Tier
Flim Flam Brothers
Winter Wrap Up
This Day Aria

Top Tier
Find A Pet
Becoming Popular