• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony S2 14

CryKFl.jpg

Like I said before any episode dealing with Applejack at all are automatically awesome and this was no exception. Can totally see how people put Applejack at the top of their S2 rankings. Applejack’s facial reactions are top-notch in this episode. That moe blushing, her sad face after the gang figures out her dark secret.

The gamut of emotions in this episode from everybody in the town was great too. The Mayor is one greedy son of a pony and everybody assumes she’s gonna win it all. And then the sad faces and shock after she goes all Hollywood on everybody (or so they assume) made me sad as well :(

The one complaint about this episode, and Applejack episodes in general, is that it’s never from AJ’s point of view herself. This episode revolves around her disappearance so I can understand why it worked the way it did but for an episode revolving around her, she didn’t really get all that much screen time, it would have been nice to see some more of the rodeo itself.

znJSXl.jpg

Pinkie Pie is the Jack Bauer of MLP. She could get anybody to fess up to anything in under a minute. Impressive stuff. And always keep your promises with Pinkie Pie foreverrrrrrr or you will thoroughly regret it.

But the best highlight of all in this episode was that ending. My disliking of Rarity is well known and well in this episode she gets her just desserts stuck in the just desert. Literally. Chimicherry. Cherrychanga. Chimicherry. Cherrychanga. Chimicherry. Cherrychanga. But like Rainbow Dash said, she knew what she was getting herself into!

I don’t like treally get this Derpy pony at all, I need an explanation. I’m not sure why they were cramming her in most episodes and a cameo and I’m not sure why they decided to mention her by name now. She’s not very interesting.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
So since I've been feeling pretty glum lately I got myself an itty bitty Rarity to go with my AJ at the supermarket this evening. I think they're the blind bag models with Twis and Pies still available
but no inferior pegasi
. £2 each, might get them both tomorrow and ship them Spike style.

TwiPie. Twinkie.

Twinkie Spie?

Good work making sure the best pony races get their due first.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
But the best highlight of all in this episode was that ending. My disliking of Rarity is well known and well in this episode she gets her just desserts stuck in the just desert. Literally. Chimicherry. Cherrychanga. Chimicherry. Cherrychanga. Chimicherry. Cherrchanga. But like Rainbow Dash said, she knew what she was getting herself into!

People give Dash more grief for "abandoning" rarity and Pinkie, but they were literally only a few minutes outside the town. Rarity and Pinkie were no further from town than the distance Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy ran (while pulling a wagon with 3 other ponies).

I don’t like treally get this Derpy pony at all, I need an explanation. I’m not sure why they were cramming her most episodes and a cameo and I’m not sure why they decided to mention her by name now. She’s not very interesting.

Derpy was the first things fans latched onto. She showed up in the first episodes in the background with derped eyes. People noticed it and then Derpy Hooves came to be (here's the origin from 4chan) Because animation is the last thing done in the show, by the time the second half of S1 came round, and S2, animators were able to hide her as an Easter egg in the background. This continued in S2, and then they wanted to give her a speaking part.

I think it worked much better as a background gag, but if they were insistent of giving her lines and a role, I think they should have rejected the fandom view that Derpy is a clumsy oaf. In the same episode they could have nodded to the fandom by going with her being a mail/delivery pony and being the one who delivers AJ's letter. in the episode. Pinkie would have given Derpy cake on her birthday, and the fandom would have had a dawwwww induced heart attack.

Cheerilee

I don’t like treally get this Derpy pony at all, I need an explanation. I’m not sure why they were cramming her in most episodes and a cameo and I’m not sure why they decided to mention her by name now. She’s not very interesting.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/106736

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/106740

Each link basically has two pages. Read down along the left side, then move to the top-right and read down through the second part of the image. Repeat for link #2.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony S2 15

Meh. Hated this episode. Might be the most disliked episode from either season for me. Won't even give it the dignity of a screen cap!

The song was rancid, Flim and Flam were the painful combination of both aggravating and completely uninteresting. This episode was like a really bad parody of The Music Man, a musical I absolutely detest and loathe. It sucked.

Only redeeming components would be Applejack's ending letter to Celestia. Stick it to the Princess! And Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Shaft in this episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My Little Pony S2 15

Meh. Hated this episode. Might be the most disliked episode from either season for me. Won't even give it the dignity of a screen cap!

The song was rancid, Flim and Flam were the painful combination of both aggravating and completely uninteresting. This episode was like a really bad parody of The Music Man, a musical I absolutely detest and loathe. It sucked.

Only redeeming components would be Applejack's ending letter to Celestia. Stick it to the Princess! And Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Shaft in this episode.

I guess if you hate the Music Man, there's no way this episode is going to work for you.

While the episode was a highlight of the season for me, the no lesson learned thing ticked me off a bit, because the brothers machine worked great. The problem was with their lack of quality control. But at the same time, the lesson learned bit was hilarious so I'm torn.

Pinkie and the Apple Family are jerks in this episode though. Pinkie hogging all the cider she can carry, and rubbing it in other ponies faces. And the Apples for not limiting it to one per customer, and AJ specifically for not even setting aside two mugs for her friends.

My Little Pony S2 15

I definitely hated the music in that one. My other disliked is that buffalo one. I didn't get the conclusion being solved with pie. It didn't make sense.

AJ specifically for not even setting aside two mugs for her friends.

I may not like Applejack, but I have to disagree.

She was being fair to all the customers by not playing favorites.

Every pony, whether friend of AJ or not had to show up early, wait in line, and pay. Equally.

Jury's still out on whether is was good or bad of them to allow ponies to buy as much cider as they wanted...maybe they just weren't expecting Pinkie to be so loaded. (Seriously, how much do the Cakes pay her?)

Violet_0

Banned
I definitely hated the music in that one. My other disliked is that buffalo one. I didn't get the conclusion being solved with pie. It didn't make sense.

they've come to an agreement - the ponies could use the land to grow apple trees and the buffaloes were allowed to cross it on their stampede. The apple pies were just a little bonus.

they've come to an agreement - the ponies could use the land to grow apple trees and the buffaloes were allowed to cross it on their stampede. The apple pies were just a little bonus.

The apple pies were the solution imo. It just seemed really silly and didn't really have a mature conclusion to such a hot topic.

Violet_0

Banned
The apple pies were the solution imo. It just seemed really silly and didn't really have a mature conclusion to such a hot topic.

the dispute was about the land (to use it as an apple orchard or stampeding grounds). The apple pies were not the solution, but an incentive to find a resolution to the conflict (which was sharing the land). Yes it's still weird, but that's cartoon logic for you.

the dispute was about the land (to use it as an apple orchard or stampeding grounds). The apple pies were not the solution, but an incentive to find a resolution for the conflict (which was sharing the land). Yes it's still weird, but that's cartoon logic for you.

And they could have resolved it the same as they did with or without the battle. It was anti-climatic to have a big battle, some near-death scene, then wrap that all up in a few seconds with a resolution that doesn't justify the previous scene's purpose.

Also, the brevity of it downplays the importance of the two side characters that were introduced that seem to be playing a big role in the resolution, but they became non-factors.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony S2 16

O5HdUl.jpg

Awesome episode. I was worried that this would be a preaching episode, reading is good for you kids! But it was fun, the Daring Do segments were fun, really the only Indiana Jones reference that was missing was her diving into a fridge, and Rainbow Dash was cuter than ever in this episode.

Twilight trying to swindle Rainbow to read a book and RD having none of it, only to be followed by her bouts of boredom sitting in a hospital bed (I know that feeling) and finally giving into her inner egghead was so cute.

RD not wanting to admit she's an egghead to the point where she is trying to hide it all costs even if it means she is going to be a criminal, oh so silly.

I do hope they go back to the Daring Do stuff in future episodes. While I Love RD's frantic and audacious personality, the bookworm RD is adorable.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My Little Pony S2 16

O5HdUl.jpg

Awesome episode. I was worried that this would be a preaching episode, reading is good for you kids! But it was fun, the Daring Do segments were fun, really the only Indiana Jones reference that was missing was her diving into a fridge, and Rainbow Dash was cuter than ever in this episode.

Twilight trying to swindle Rainbow to read a book and RD having none of it, only to be followed by her bouts of boredom sitting in a hospital bed (I know that feeling) and finally giving into her inner egghead was so cute.

RD not wanting to admit she's an egghead to the point where she is trying to hide it all costs even if it means she is going to be a criminal, oh so silly.

I do hope they go back to the Daring Do stuff in future episodes. While I Love RD's frantic and audacious personality, the bookworm RD is adorable.

Twilight geeked out, I expected her and Rainbow Dash to break into a "Find a book" song.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/04/mlp-facebook-design-pony-contest.html

Whoa, they are holding a cool pony contest!

If your OC pony is awesome enough they will make it into a legit toy to be sold at Comic Con International.

Artistic Ponygaf ASSEMBLE!

Heres the post where they confirm it.

http://www.facebook.com/mylittlepony/posts/438233469527429

If this is a vote-based contest, we will have to get Carek to submit Belle Eve, and make a topic and try to get all of GAF on our side.

Xzeon

Banned
If this is a vote-based contest, we will have to get Carek to submit Belle Eve, and make a topic and try to get all of GAF on our side.

If this is how it will go, it will literally be a war between Ponygaf, r/mylittlepony and Ponychan to get their respective mascots immortalized in plastic.

I am ready for battle.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If this is how it will go, it will literally be a war between Ponygaf, r/mylittlepony and Ponychan to get their respective mascots immortalized in plastic.

I am ready for battle.

No way they'll do a vote. What would they do if that Cteno things wins?

I am ready for battle.

Though Bella is a Ponygaf mascot, she carries the NeoGAF emblem, so perhaps we could appeal to the rest of NeoGAF for support. "A victory for Bella Eve is a victory for all NeoGAF!!"

Belle's ok.

Best OC Ponies:

6. ...I can't think of 6 good OC characters
5. Belle Eve
4. Lauren Faust
3. Ice Pack
2. Velvet
1. Honey Dip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom