• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I didn't notice, but the animator was a bit lazy at the end of Cadence's animation.

Happens more than you'd think

XHUTh.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
YrvSYl.jpg

My Little Pony S2 18

Holy cow this episode is absolutely amazing. Pinkie Pie really making a late push to dethrone Twilight. I had a Smile on my face the entire episode watching this episode from start to finish.

This was the best song in the series thus far. The video was great and the song was absolutely fantastic. You have to be soulless to not get a huge grin on your face from that.

Pinkie is the unintentional dick in this episode but she never lets it get her down. While RD (hooray continuity, she is still reading Daring Do <3) and Twilight tell her to ignore him, to ignore a donkey that's lived a sad and cruel existence for most of his life, Pinkie Pie presses on and in the end turns that sad frown upside down.

Pinkie is a genius. She is basically the Rain Man of the series. The felt animation scene was awesome and definitely fitting for Pinkie. Yankee Doodle Dandy as the ending was the cherry on top for this glorious sundae.

Friendship is Magic indeed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My Little Pony S2 18

Pinkie is the unintentional dick in this episode but she never lets it get her down. While RD (hooray continuity, she is still reading Daring Do <3) and Twilight tell her to ignore him,

There was no reason for RD to be in that scene, I love that they put her there anyways as Twilight s new reading buddy for no reason but continuity.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony S2 19

Yeah a Fluttershy episode. A "new" Fluttershy episode too. I guess I really am heartless. This episode was stupid. Seeing Fluttershy being a total jerk wasn't even remotely funny.

An even bigger jerk is Angel. I wish Fluttershy would stop being a complete doormat for real. She shouldn't put up with that crap from that ungrateful bunny. What a prick.

Just a really terrible episode overall. Whoever was saying the highs of S2 are high than those of S1 while the lows are lower was totally spot on.

$200

Banned
My Little Pony S2 19

Yeah a Fluttershy episode. A "new" Fluttershy episode too. I guess I really am heartless. This episode was stupid. Seeing Fluttershy being a total jerk wasn't even remotely funny.

An even bigger jerk is Angel. I wish Fluttershy would stop being a complete doormat for real. She shouldn't put up with that crap from that ungrateful bunny. What a prick.

Just a really terrible episode overall. Whoever was saying the highs of S2 are high than those of S1 while the lows are lower was totally spot on.

The next Fluttershy episode is pretty good though.

McNum

My Little Pony S2 19

I like Fluttershy, but I agree with this. A "new" episode. There are more stories to tell about the shy caretaker of animals than just her trying to get over her shyness. In fact, Fluttershy usually works better when it's the caring about animals part that's played up. That said, there are a couple of good episodes with the shyness story, and one of them is coming up soon-ish for you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My Little Pony S2 19

This is the only episode where Angel wasn't anything but awesome. Him bitchslapping Fluttershy went way too far. It's like she's in a horrid abusive relationship now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My Little Pony 13-2 S2 20

LsGE0l.jpg

Finally a Twilight episode and it was a fun one. In fact the only thing that makes my heart swoon more than one Twilight are two Twilights. Not only is Twilight back in the spotlight for the first time in a while, it's also got the glorious return of Spike who was completely buried, clearly he was too over with the fans. Chow down Spike, you deserve it.

Silly Twilight, if you change the future you change the past. It's the only way to stop the distortions in the timeline and resolve the paradox. Of course the more paradoxes in the timeline the more banana shit will get so maybe it's best to not mess with time at all which seems to the moral of the story (how exactly would a letter to Celestia work in this episode?)

Crazy Twilight is always awesome. While she doesn't go completely off the deep end like in some other episodes she has her moments of crazy in this one. And the new mane rocked and eyepatch moe is best moe, Future Twilight is awesome. The whole sand clock bit at the end though was a bit ominous.

The most disappointing thing with this episode is that even though this was the first delver into sci-fi elements they kept it pretty rooted and simple, which I guess makes sense since this is still a kids show after all.

Theonik

It's best that they kept it relatively simple. Time travel can get quite... Convoluted very fast. Hell this episode was already sorta paradoxical as it is.

blamite

There's no Paradox! Things happened in the past because they happened int he future! The future made the past happen the way it did, and because of that, Twilight going back and giving herself the message completed the loop.

It probably has something to do with this.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There's no Paradox! Things happened in the past because they happened int he future! The future made the past happen the way it did, and because of that, Twilight going back and giving herself the message completed the loop.

It probably has something to do with this.
Twilight does not exist on the subatomic level.

brian577

Banned
Well, considering Lesson Zero is the best episode of season 2 (best episode of MLP?)...

Paranoid Twilight is best Twilight.

I liked Lesson Zero but you can only do paranoid Twilight so many times before it gets old. It's no wonder nobody believed Twilight in the finale.

blamite

It's about time (unintentional pun alert!) I did this I guess. Rough Estimation of order within each category

God Tier
The Last Roundup
Return of Harmony 1/2
A Canterlot Wedding 1/2
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Great Tier
It's About Time
Lesson Zero
Putting Your Hoof Down
Sweet and Elite
MMMystery on the Friendship Express
The Cutie Pox
A Friend In Deed

Good Tier
Sisterhooves Social
Secret of My Excess
Ponyville Confidential
Luna Eclipsed
Hearth's Warming Eve
Hurricane Fluttershy
May the Best Pet Win

Meh Tier
Hearts and Hooves Day
Dragon Quest
Read it and Weep
Family Appreciation Day

Bad Tier
Baby Cakes
The Mysterious Mare Do Well

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My Little Pony 13-2 S2 20

LsGE0l.jpg

Finally a Twilight episode and it was a fun one. In fact the only thing that makes my heart swoon more than one Twilight are two Twilights. Not only is Twilight back in the spotlight for the first time in a while, it's also got the glorious return of Spike who was completely buried, clearly he was too over with the fans. Chow down Spike, you deserve it.

Silly Twilight, if you change the future you change the past. It's the only way to stop the distortions in the timeline and resolve the paradox. Of course the more paradoxes in the timeline the more banana shit will get so maybe it's best to not mess with time at all which seems to the moral of the story (how exactly would a letter to Celestia work in this episode?)

Crazy Twilight is always awesome. While she doesn't go completely off the deep end like in some other episodes she has her moments of crazy in this one. And the new mane rocked and eyepatch moe is best moe, Future Twilight is awesome. The whole sand clock bit at the end though was a bit ominous.

The most disappointing thing with this episode is that even though this was the first delver into sci-fi elements they kept it pretty rooted and simple, which I guess makes sense since this is still a kids show after all.

My favorite part of this episode is how Celestia and the Guards are totally unconcerned that Twilight is going nuts, leading me to believe that crazy Twilight was pretty common at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

blamite

My favorite part of this episode is how Celestia and the Guards are totally unconcerned that Twilight is going nuts, leading me to believe that crazy Twilight was pretty common at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.
Considering her brother is captain of the guard and she's the princesses protege, I'd say Twilight is in a much more powerful position than she realizes, to the point where she can just wander into locked rooms full of ancient and powerful spells (which she can use!) and everyone is just okay with that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Considering her brother is captain of the guard and she's the princesses protege, I'd say Twilight is in a much more powerful position than she realizes, to the point where she can just wander into locked rooms full of ancient and powerful spells (which she can use!) and everyone is just okay with that.

Well, up until Desu Ex Brother, it was just assumed everyone knows Twilight at the Castle because she's been Celestia's personal protege for a few years. Makes perfect sense that the guards woudl know her due to her relationship with Celestia.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, up until Desu Ex Brother, it was just assumed everyone knows Twilight at the Castle because she's been Celestia's personal protege for a few years. Makes perfect sense that the guards woudl know her due to her relationship with Celestia.
Well, she hadn't slept all week, so her powers of reasoning were pretty much shot by then. It's a wonder she didn't think she was being assaulted by talking houseplants.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, she hadn't slept all week, so her powers of reasoning were pretty much shot by then. It's a wonder she didn't think she was being assaulted by talking houseplants.

I don't know if it was intentional, but Lesson Zero and It's About Time both feature Twilight going nuts on Tuesday. Maybe it's how the castle folks kept time when she was there.

pQw9W.jpg

"AHHHH, WE'RE ALL DOOMED. MAGIC KINDERGARTEN AGAIN!"

9BNcC.png

"Tuesday again already?"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whoa looks like some spoilers better /clear my eyes x_x

Anyway just for fun (up to date after ep 21):

-Twilight Sparkle Tier- [10]

Luna Eclipsed
A Friend in Deed
The Last Roundup

-Pinkie Pie Tier- [9]

Lesson Zero
Hearts and Hooves Day
Read It and Weep
It's About Time

-Applejack Tier- [8]

Family Appreciation Day
Cutie Pox
May the Best Pet Win

-Rainbow Dash Tier- [7]

Baby Cakes
Hearth's Warming Eve
Return of Harmony 1/2

-Rarity Tier- [4]

Mysterious Mare Do Well
Secret of My Excess
Dragon Quest

-Fluttershy Tier- [2]

Putting Your Hoof Down
Sisterhooves Social
Sweet and Elite
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Actually, it's entirely possible that Twilight didn't go nuts while in Canterlot. After all, she should have been spending her days in the library alone.

She is a massive dork, though, so the guards probably thought she was LARPing.

I posted it in the S2 thread, but I'll repost it to feed my massive ego.

God Tier
Return of Harmony
Lesson Zero
Luna Eclipsed
The Last Roundup
It's About Time
Hurricane Fluttershy
A Canterlot Wedding

Top Tier
Sisterhooves Social
Sweet and Elite
Secret of My Excess