• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh Hasbro...
You can't force a cultural phenomenon, it has to happen naturally. The bronies happened because the show was shockingly well done considering its past reputation.
Judging from what I've seen of this new Care Bears, I don't see that happening. No Bearchan or BMVs in the future for you.

Bronies for MLP was a lightning in a jar type of situation.

You can't force that. They just have to let Care Bears do Care Bears and what ever happens happens.

CARE BEAR STARE MUHFUCKA!!!!!!!!

tafer

How are all my Belly Bros doing today?

*bropaw*

There is a good side of this "situation". If it flops or at least fails to archive whatever they want to do with it, they'll probably start paying more attention to their established brands.

And yet, I can't stop laughing at the ingenuity (or arrogance) of some of these executives.

LuffyZoro

The art style is one of the big parts. I'd be more likely to give a sow like the one below a chance than the #D CGI crap they've got going on. The they just need good characters, and I'm not expecting that's gonna happen.

Hasbro, if you're serious about getting a male fanbase for Care Bears...

186960%20-%20bearbooru%20care_bears%20fake%20meta.png

McNum

This is the point where I'm supposed to go "Ha ha! Care Bears!", but then I realize that this is the My Little Pony community thread, and I'm using Princess Luna as my avatar, so that would make that a bit hypocritical. Who knows, maybe the new Care Bears will be good. At the very least, it could be all too funny to see the Hub use Care Bears of all things to hold on to their unexpected male audience.

I'm not using the term Belly Bro, though.

The art style is one of the big parts. I'd be more likely to give a sow like the one below a chance than the #D CGI crap they've got going on. The they just need good characters, and I'm not expecting that's gonna happen.

Same here, I heard they got Cindy Morrow and Amy K. Rogers too, but there's something about the artstyle that's such a turnoff. The little bit they've shown in commercials and previews don't look so great either. :/

Belly Bros sounds way too weird, if the show took off and I became a fan, I'd rather be a Care Dude, but that's not exactly the best alternative.

Cheerilee

Same here, I heard they got Cindy Morrow and Amy K. Rogers too, but there's something about the artstyle that's such a turnoff. The little bit they've shown in commercials and previews don't look so great either. :/

Belly Bros sounds way too weird, if the show took off and I became a fan, I'd rather be a Care Dude, but that's not exactly the best alternative.

The show's producer, Sarah Finn, worked on a couple of Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears projects recently, which doesn't immediately inspire confidence, but then I saw the voice talent lists, and see that she's worked with

Ashleigh Ball (Applejack / Rainbow Dash)
Kathleen Barr (Queen Chrysalis / Trixie)
Garry Chalk (Optimus Primal from Beast Wars)
Shannon Chan-Kent (Pinkie's singing voice)
Ian James Corlett (Goku from DBZ)
Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha from Inuyasha)
Paul Dobson (Naraku from Inuyasha / Matrix from Reboot)
Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie)
Britt McKillip (Princess Cadence)
Scott McNeil (Piccolo from DBZ)
Tracey Moore (Sailor Moon #1)
Kelly Sheridan (Sango from Inuyasha / Hitomi from Escaflowne)
Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity / Luna)
Sam Vincent (Aerrow from Storm Hawks / Athrun from Gundam Seed)

among others. So if nothing else, Care Bears should have good voice acting.

Cheerilee

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So, has anyone here pledged for the FiM-phenomenon documentary kickstarter?

I'm considering doing it, but I could use some company for validation.

judhudson

http://www.welovefine.com/2347-anthro-rarity.html

Welovefine added a shit ton of really creepy slender human ponies.

What

the

fuck.

I don't mind anthro art, but I couldn't see wearing a shirt based on them...that would be a tad...creepy...

Then again..I wear normal MLP shirts in public, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

#6 - Roid Rage / Horse Power is now known as "Snowflake"? I never heard anyone call him that...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
So, has anyone here pledged for the FiM-phenomenon documentary kickstarter?

I'm considering doing it, but I could use some company for validation.

I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for a High-Definition, 90-minute-long look in a mirror.

While I tend to perceive things discussing things involving my interest as being more awkward than they actually are, I can only assume a Brony documentary would cause severe congenital sweat-gland failure.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And you people wonder why she wants to destroy the world.

Ah, I find it interesting how the reps have admitted that Care Bears is in fact for a YOUNGER audience and that Littlest Pet Shop will have "sitcom antics" might be up our alley. Honestly, one of the reasons I got into the show was hearing Lauren Faust and a lot of the classic CN people working on it. Watching Cartoon Planet, it really does feel like something from the classic CN era (but maybe a *little* tamer)

Ah very nice. There's some awkward animations which make me think the person was using Sony Vegas which, speaking from experience, can be really finicky when dealing with images moving across the screen.

Also new Lauren Faust interview:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/05/lauren_faust_people_2012.php

I'm happy to hear she's working with Craig on his new show. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for it (finally a show worth watching on Disney Channel ASIDE from Phineas and Ferb!).

judhudson

Just got thru drawing this:

Figured if Rarity could make a Crackle costume, why can’t Crackle make a Rarity costume? Its his way of sneaking into Ponyville undetected.

This pretty much proves that Crackle = best pony.

I’ve dedicated this to one of my most favorite MLP tumblrs, http://askcrackle.tumblr.com/

Drawn with the ProCreate app on iPad 3

Hey did someone say HUMAN PONIES

(seriously it has been a while)

SO I'm going for broke here (this is just the art I've amassed this last week. Last two are just strikingly good cosplays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom