• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

wow_zpswki9njgk.jpg

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
I have very little faith in this living up to the original series, but dumped 300 bucks in at the end due to all the great times Joel provided me. Here's hoping.

Tobor

I got to get some sleep. Good hanging out with you guys and good job getting it done!

Now we get to speculate on production and wait the long long wait until the premiere.

Great to see the total amount. This was my first kickstarter and I'm glad I helped MST get new episodes. Everyone involved deserves a pat on the back. G'night all.

lednerg

They were at $6,283,992 total with a minute to go, and the addons jumped from 525k to 600k, pushing them well over the edge. It would have ended at $6,288,793 if it weren't for the add-on update, which is damn close to $6.3M.

KHarvey16

This should serve as a great example of how to run a kickstarter campaign. If they're even half as good at making a show I think we'll all be pretty happy.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Really impressed with how this Kickstarter was handled. A month ago I thought they'd barely reach 6 eps. And they hit 14. 14!

Really impressed with how this Kickstarter was handled. A month ago I thought they'd barely reach 6 eps. And they hit 14. 14!
I was optimistic they'd get at least 9 and maybe 12, but never did I imagine they'd end up with 14.

Right now season 12 seems like a lock. It's just a question of who wins the inevitable bidding war over the show at this point.

jerd

I was optimistic they'd get at least 9 and maybe 12, but never did I imagine they'd end up with 14.

Right now season 12 seems like a lock. It's just a question of who wins the inevitable bidding war over the show at this point.

Have to assume it'll be a streaming service if anything right?

Idk if a network is gonna commit two hours to what's still possibly going to be a relatively niche series

lednerg

@pattonoswalt: The @MST3K streaming telethon was a disaster. Nothing worked right. It was clanky nd messy. But I got to see firsthand what I saw on TV: #MST3K is a bunch of kind, funny weirdos being great under duress. So happy I said YES!​

Same here. As soon as I heard he was on board, I was sold.

So happy for all them and for the fans.

One of the video clips during the telethon was from the guys at VHX, which is an on demand streaming service. I've used them before for some independent films and they've been solid.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Have to assume it'll be a streaming service if anything right?

Idk if a network is gonna commit two hours to what's still possibly going to be a relatively niche series
If it doesn't go streaming I'm gonna be pissed. Death to commercial sign.

@pattonoswalt: The @MST3K streaming telethon was a disaster. Nothing worked right. It was clanky nd messy. But I got to see firsthand what I saw on TV: #MST3K is a bunch of kind, funny weirdos being great under duress. So happy I said YES!​

Same here. As soon as I heard he was on board, I was sold.

So happy for all them and for the fans.

One of the video clips during the telethon was from the guys at VHX, which is an on demand streaming service. I've used them before for some independent films and they've been solid.
I'm not talking about season 11, I'm talking about season 12. And if the USA network can dedicate 3 hours of prime time TV to Monday night raw, a think a cable network can find a slot for mst3k.

jerd

Any chance the add-ons store is sticking around for a bit or do we know? I want more but can't pull the trigger atm

Blader

Also, from Mike's twitter: another vague tease of behind the scenes drama, but decidedly less passively-aggressively salty than Trace/Frank/Josh:

cr4SqSd.jpg

lednerg

Huh, didn't realize #BringBackMST3K has been trending on Twitter. Still is, even.

Also, from Mike's twitter: another vague tease of behind the scenes drama, but decidedly less passively-aggressively salty than Trace/Frank/Josh:

[img http://i.imgur.com/cr4SqSd.jpg /img]

Shit happens behind the scenes that we can't completely piece together via interviews or social media outbursts. I'm less interested in the drama than the comedy, myself. Repeat to yourself it's just a show...

Sagroth

Just now checking out some clips from the telethon. Looks like a wild night. Super proud of all my fellow fans shattering records and bringing one of my favorite things ever back to life. Now to wait for the episodes and pray that Netflix or Hulu pick this up.

Blues1990

Both Arin & Danny fit right in wihh Crow, & I'm glad they both restrained themselves from swearing. Some of Danny's lines totally could have been on the show:

Crow: "Hi, uh, I'd like to pawn this crystal hand? What do you think I can get for this?"
Danny: "One high five."

Ecto311

I really wanted to pitch in on this but till I can see Ray as host I am worried and will buy it if its good in the future. I checked some of his stand up and heard him on the nerdist - can't say he is funny to me at all. But then there is Patton who is in my top 5 comics ever so I was really considering it. Hope it does well and can be a regular thing with the kickstarter.

I might show this to my daughter this weekend. She loves riffing on movies and making fun instead of actually watching them so this might be a ton of fun for her - can't believe I never thought to show her this before. Any recommendations for a 6yr old to check out?

Aaron

I might show this to my daughter this weekend. She loves riffing on movies and making fun instead of actually watching them so this might be a ton of fun for her - can't believe I never thought to show her this before. Any recommendations for a 6yr old to check out?
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Godzilla v. Megalon, as well as the other Godzilla movie and the Gamera ones potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom