• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Comments On Elden Ring Performance Issues

STARSBarry

Gold Member
bagdad-bob.jpg

Looks like Scamco Bandaid hired the right guy for PR.

TrueLegend

'final fantasy VII'
It is not a good port or maybe you should see how Nixxes ports stuff. The game has shitty frametime issues on PC. Yes FFVII is also not great in the sense that it has barebones settings but it is very functional and stable. I will take stability over features any day. Elden ring is complete, has fewer bugs but yeah there are stutters but not to the extent liars like the guy who posted this claim

[ Shmoople from Steam says

Struggling to maintain 60FPS/1080p on a 3080, massive stuttering and drops to the mid 20s, crashed 4 times within 2 hours of game time, 60 FPS cap, and no ultrawide support.

On top of all that, Easy-Anti cheat will prevent any unofficial fixes or mods for this game, even when playing offline.

This is unacceptable.]

Yeah he can't run it on his 3080 at 1080p meanwhile Elder legend a member here can run it on his RX 580.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So now GAF hates it already the day it came out.... :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: At least you all are consistent. We just need 3+ threads now talking about the graphics like Horizon Forbidden West.

Picking up the PS5 version today, can't wait to get sucked in!!!

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
But what about the beards in Demon's souls????

Joking aside, the performance isn't that bad. It's like some of you forgot what Demon's Souls was like on the PS3 or Dark Souls on 360 or Bloodborne on PS4. It could be worse... Much worse. (RIP people who are still on last gen)

VFXVeteran

Banned
It is still a far better port than God of War that Alex from DF said is superb. Worst port of one of the great games but sure Alex met the developer and talked to them so the standard that Nixxes had set up vanished. After Dark Souls From has delivered very decent ports. DSII, DSII SOTFS, DSR, and DSIII were Great, Sekiro was great too except for HDR. This is another bullshit I have to fight. On console BB has frame pacing and cloth physics issues, DSIII had issues. Dark Souls original PC port is probably the worst PC port in history so I know when they fucked up but they have improved a hell lot since that fuck up on PC.
I can guarantee you that the game was ported down to the consoles - not up to the PC.

Knightime_X

I'm using an RTX 2060 Super.
Ryzen 7 3800x
16gig ram, ssd.
All settings to max at 1440p.

The most annoying issue is a random screen freeze for a split second.

Beyond that, the game runs quite well without needing any kind of dlss tech.

Last edited:
It is still a far better port than God of War that Alex from DF said is superb. Worst port of one of the great games but sure Alex met the developer and talked to them so the standard that Nixxes had set up vanished. After Dark Souls From has delivered very decent ports. DSII, DSII SOTFS, DSR, and DSIII were Great, Sekiro was great too except for HDR. This is another bullshit I have to fight. On console BB has frame pacing and cloth physics issues, DSIII had issues. Dark Souls original PC port is probably the worst PC port in history so I know when they fucked up but they have improved a hell lot since that fuck up on PC.
Wut? God of war port was superb. I never had any hitches during my gametime on PC.

Sgt.Asher

I get some stuttering on a 3090 nothing major. The bigger issue is that the triggers don't work on my controller, i have to hold down the triggers to register a press.

It's not bad, but it's not as smooth as I'd like, especially rotating the camera. I'm on PS5, but I think I'll try downloading the PS4 version and checking it out.

Unfortunately, it sounds like I can't use my PS5 save file, although you can transfer PS4 saves to PS5.

supernova8

Banned
What's that you say? Mandatory patch to make the game actually playable without performance issues?

Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

Stealth DRM.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

200w.gif

That's how far we have come now? It is fine to release unfinished games, can be patched later?
the problem is From record of fixing their shit.

DarkSouls PC was fixed by Durante, every other Souls game got some fixes from the community, Bloodborne is waiting for 7 years for a fix that even PS5 cant brute force, ALL Souls game on consoles have framerate and framepacing issues to this date....so i wouldnt hold my breath waiting From fixing their shit.

Last edited:

Boneless

As I posted in other threads, From soft are not good technically and reviews should've pointed out these issues and shouldve deducted scores accordingly- like they do for most other games. From soft should not get a pass. This will only encourage them to not invest much in the technical side of things. These kind of bugs and performance issues are unacceptable, and while I am sure the game is amazing, it doesnt deserve 97 score.

Agree, it should have a 10.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
the problem is From record of fixing their shit.

DarkSouls PC was fixed by Durante, every other Souls game got some fixes from the community, Bloodborne is waiting for 7 years for a fix that even PS5 cant brute force, ALL Souls game on consoles have framerate and framepacing issues to this date....so i wouldnt hold my breath waiting From fixing their shit.

Exactly. I have zero confidence that From will fix this, because they never do. Have to wait on a fan patch.

Sekiro and DS3 ran great even in big open areas so idk what happened here.

TidusYuna

I've heard it was the day one patch that caused the issues.

So reviewers probably reviewed the game without the day one patch, which is why the issues weren't reflected in their reviews.

Zeroing

Banned
Because the game is not really a 97, reviewers just ignored obvious shortcomings to give the game a high score.
Maybe it has to do with the mentality developers have these days, release now patch later, when your userbase gets used to this they no longer see it as a problem and ignore the shortcomings.
This would be a problem if they didn't patch it but seeing that they are already looking into it this won't be an issue in a couple of weeks.
Doesn't change the fact that a game with such performance issues on launch shouldn't have a 97 score, maybe after the patch.
I think it’s a mix of developers mentality and apathy from reviewers.

I saw reviews of Horzion FW and the same review channels talked about the game bugs and issues and that Sony promised a day one patch! But we gamers should be aware of that.

While the same review channels did not even mentioned any bugs or issues! I’m sure I and many other gamers got the impression that there were no bugs or issues with the game!

There’s no strict rules by all reviews should be made off

ethomaz

Banned
I really can’t believe they said you need to upgrade your graphic card lol

And for the issues with RTX 3900 users?

Boss Mog

Seeing as the current gen console versions run like ass despite the game looking very last gen, I had zero confidence the PC port would fair any better.

Top Bottom