• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Comments On Elden Ring Performance Issues

zaanan

Banned
Have you tried turning off and on again?

Dilbert-Dogbert-tech-support.jpg

3090, 5950x, 32gb of RAM and I got multiple freezes/stutters this morning where my shit sat still for like 8 seconds at one point, thought my system was crashing lol. Im doing a run through on the PS5 and while it doesn't freeze like that, the jutter/dropped frames when rotating the camera is terrible(Or when it tries to force re-center the camera behind you) ...my gameshare partner on series x got it on there and I've got a C1 so i might try and see if VRR helps...but performance is pretty trash like I'd expect from these guys lol

vkbest

Well it's impossible that they didn't know about the issues prior to launch as the exact same issues were present in the network test months ago and were reported to FS around that time.

They only recognize FPS problem with PC version, so network test was exclusive on consoles

wow-fucking-nothing.gif
What about Console?! This game stutters CONSTANTLY on ps5 despite what a few Gaffers are saying who want to pretend it's fine.

It's the worst stuttering in a game I've experienced on Ps5 yet ..

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As much as I'm enjoying a game, I'm genuinely curious as to how the game got a pass in reviews when it comes to such obvious performance issues. At least ACG has updated his "score" and acknowledges the performance

SirTerry-T

"Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplay"

FFS. It's not a phenomenon, it's the result of shitty code optimization, poor q&a and a game press that's eager to fellate what ever FromSoft unzip from their trousers.

avin

Maybe we're supposed to think the performance was carefully curated and calibrated by the artists at From Software to create an appropriately challenging experience.

avin

Last edited:

ITsameBS

Neo Member
Wondering if I should also do the same. Have played only 5mns. Don't know if I will face issues but can always come back if issues are resolved.
Choices.....
I work hard for my money and developers have to know that they cannot get away with releasing an unfinished product.

Vrr on series x really does help. The issue with the camera jitter on ps5 seems to be better here but ima keep going on ps5 for now

Also my dual sense stuff isn’t working at all. No vibration either? I’ve switched 3 diff controllers

Just open it up to community modders and watch them optimise/patch your shit within days/weeks. It would be interesting AF if developers/companies were more willing to engage community resources with source access to resolve issues.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
For real?

You running in 4K?
Just checking back in after several hours with the game:
2 hours on pc - 4K with all settings at high or maximum. No issues at all with 60fps.
32 gb ram
1tb Samsung 980 pro drive
Ryzen 9 5950x

45 min on ps5 (playing ps5 version) I personally prefer “prioritize frame rate”.

45 min on xsx. VRR oled. Looks and plays great with prioritize frame rate.

I do not care for either console mode on prioritize quality.

renzolama

As much as I'm enjoying a game, I'm genuinely curious as to how the game got a pass in reviews when it comes to such obvious performance issues
The reviewers were playing the game and getting lost in its world. I guess the infrequent frame drops below 60 and stutters didn't impact their experience since social media wasn't telling them to be outraged yet.

Just checking back in after several hours with the game:
2 hours on pc - 4K with all settings at high or maximum. No issues at all with 60fps.
32 gb ram
1tb Samsung 980 pro drive
Ryzen 9 5950x

45 min on ps5 (playing ps5 version) I personally prefer “prioritize frame rate”.

I do not care for either console mode on prioritize quality.
I got the same setup for PC(Same processor, drive, and gpu lol) and I've got it on PS5 and Series X and...the PC version froze really bad for me in some parts but the majority of the time the stutter happens when enemies that come in really fast happen(Like the intro boss before the game even starts when he drops in super fast..on PS5 and PC its like a stutter for him) but I didn't notice that on the series x...I play my console games on a C1 and the series x IMO has better colors(Although a software image) but no matter how much I calibrate it the hud elements/item icons are super bright, the Ps5 version I just turn on and go(but contrary to what theyre saying in these tech analysis the frame pacing/skips on the PS5 version is worse for me)....Also dual sense/vibration does nothing unless I get hit too which is a bug im seeing on reddit now.

Im still gonna run the Ps5 version first since thats where my friends are playing and thats the one I got like 8 hours in so far, the other two I just did like an hour apiece to test them out.

Not really. Peformance issues shouldnt take away how great this game is.

It can be patched. A shit game can not.

I agree with you that its still an amazing game but if its launching and people are going to buy your product than I expect reviews to make mention of the issues.

demigod

I got the same setup for PC(Same processor, drive, and gpu lol) and I've got it on PS5 and Series X and...the PC version froze really bad for me in some parts but the majority of the time the stutter happens when enemies that come in really fast happen(Like the intro boss before the game even starts when he drops in super fast..on PS5 and PC its like a stutter for him) but I didn't notice that on the series x...I play my console games on a C1 and the series x IMO has better colors(Although a software image) but no matter how much I calibrate it the hud elements/item icons are super bright, the Ps5 version I just turn on and go(but contrary to what theyre saying in these tech analysis the frame pacing/skips on the PS5 version is worse for me)....Also dual sense/vibration does nothing unless I get hit too which is a bug im seeing on reddit now.

Im still gonna run the Ps5 version first since thats where my friends are playing and thats the one I got like 8 hours in so far, the other two I just did like an hour apiece to test them out.
Do you guys leave online on? I turned it off, I don’t see any of these stutters.

ManaByte

Gold Member

I think the XSX one is SLIGHTLY better, but the stuttering still gets annoying. I really never get motion sickness in games (well except for Driveclub VR, that game was vomit inducing) but the stuttering, especially with camera moves, really bothers me for some reason. Can’t handle either version.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I had to do the Reddit workaround to get the game running without hitching. It's kind of disgraceful a game this good gets a PC patch this borked.

Mozzarella

Personally, im not having major problems, only few stuttering in certain times, but other than that, runs 60fps and 0 crashes so far in my 14 hours.
Amazing game and im loving it, it they will polish it further then great!
As for the score i think Fromsoft deserves a high score, most of their games are underscored, while a lot of the top scored games are undeserving, personally im ok with the score, not that i care about scores that much.

Md Ray

Well, I had to have a look at it myself with updated drivers

12900K OC 4.9
Msi 3080ti suprim x
64gb 3600Mhz

This system should eat this game up but it's utter trash lol. Yet another triple-A game launching badly. The stuttering is insane and makes the game very unplayable for me. I feel sorry for all those let down yet again by devs who launch crappy optimized titles.
Was the game installed on SSD or HDD?

With specs like that, I expect it to be at least PCIe Gen4 SSD.

Last edited:
Do you guys leave online on? I turned it off, I don’t see any of these stutters.
I just took a break from playing so I could coach my best friend through the burial watch dog(Its his first From Software game lol). Was hilarious watching him throw the controller after the 4th death :messenger_grinning_sweat:.But im gonna give it a go and report back lol

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

How on earth did the reviews not make a bigger issue of all of this? Its truly insane
Theoretically, if FROM assured them that a day 1 patch would solve all these problems, the reviewer telling you that it has issues could be seen as defamation of the game by some.

Or the reviewers didn't experience game breaking issues in their run. Or do not possess the eye to see the problems.

Or Bandai told them that if they talk shit about the game, they can kiss future review copies in advance goodbye.

Top Bottom