• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault |OT| A Disgusting Journey

Teknoman

Apparently the review said something about buttons used for 3D camera movement? Saw a post on IGN, but they werent clear.

Anyone order this through Amazon? Just wanted to see if it's marked as "Shipping Soon"...that's about the closest thing we'll get to a confirmation that it's coming out tomorrow.

I preordered at GameStop.
No call, though that doesn't mean anything necessarily.
I can't believe Majesco hasn't put out any official word on this...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
had it preordered at Amazon, but not sure it's even coming out today - as i wanted it to ship with a load of other stuff, i've cancelled and will get it on import out here.

3DS library picking up.

Celine

Apparently the review said something about buttons used for 3D camera movement? Saw a post on IGN, but they werent clear.
Buttons are used to shot in the four direction.
A twin stick shooter without the second stick, that's what worry me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I preordered at GameStop.
No call, though that doesn't mean anything necessarily.
I can't believe Majesco hasn't put out any official word on this...

Gamestop.com says December 1st, but the computers say December 2nd. From looking around online, it seems like this is all on the publisher's end

Anyone order this through Amazon? Just wanted to see if it's marked as "Shipping Soon"...that's about the closest thing we'll get to a confirmation that it's coming out tomorrow.

I preordered it, it's still listed as "not yet shipped" for me. Also the game's page says it's out of stock. WTF is going on? I may have to cancel my order if they can't get it to me by the time I go back home for winter break.

sfried

Amazon lists it as December 6.
I preordered it, it's still listed as "not yet shipped" for me. Also the game's page says it's out of stock. WTF is going on? I may have to cancel my order if they can't get it to me by the time I go back home for winter break.
If you cancel your order when the status says "Not yet shipped" then you are doing a big mistake. Most likely the only stock they have now is for people who did pre-order and are waiting to ship it.

Oh, and My preorder price dropped from $29 to $22! Sweet.

MooMoo

Just in case anyone is curious, it's officially in stock at Amazon now and my preorder has moved to the "Shipping Soon" phase. Guess my initial worries about this game being indefinitely pushed back are gone!

Amazon order just changed to Shipping Soon (and it's back in stock there):
U44k7.png

Can't wait to get this~

Elixist

Did Ninty secretly moneyhat these guys? Just wondering why we dont see there stuff on xbla/psn. This looks dope btw, shinen makes dem hardwares shine.

test_account

XP-39C²
Buttons are used to shot in the four direction.
A twin stick shooter without the second stick, that's what worry me.
They should release a patch with the support for the 2nd analog addon. But using 4 buttons can work ok i think. I think that it worked decently in Super Stardust for PSP. Not as good as dual analog of course, but it was playable at least :)

watershed

Banned
Did Ninty secretly moneyhat these guys? Just wondering why we dont see there stuff on xbla/psn. This looks dope btw, shinen makes dem hardwares shine.
That could be the case. For whatever reason they seem partial to Nintendo hardware. Maybe if not Nintendo, then whoever funds the studio is a Nintendo fan.

Teknoman

Best Buy is doing a buy 2 get 1 free next week on everything 29.99 and up. Guess I could snag this, Shinobi and get Sonic Generations 3DS for free (already snagging Mario Kart on release day).

Datschge

Those "guys" are essentially two persons running it (doing all tools, programming, procedurally generated assets and music) and less than a handful of artists joining in on a per game basis. Pretty sure Nintendo's toolchain is comparable enough between its different systems that they can keep progressively building upon their past works. Them working on other systems would mean leaving the area they are already highly specialized in which may not apply elsewhere without significant investment of time and money to achieve a similar result.

I think there were interviews from not to long ago where they basically just said that they like Nintendo's philosophy on gaming, and that's why they keep working with them.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My copy just shipped. It'll be here on the 6th. I can't believe it's only 22.99

Edit: the list price says 29.99 but I was only charged 22.99 :D

mr_chun

So Majesco fumbles the snap... and then I make the grave error of canceling my pre-order in attempt to get it somewhere else earlier than waiting on Amazon. And the price drops. Poo.

MooMoo

So Majesco fumbles the snap... and then I make the grave error of canceling my pre-order in attempt to get it somewhere else earlier than waiting on Amazon. And the price drops. Poo.
It's currently part of Amazon's B1G1 50% off deal :p

Edit: Oh, that BestBuy deal is awesome too haha xP

legbone

what a cool looking shooter. the explorer levels look pretty amazing in the video above. this game is now on my radar. i need a good shooter for my 3ds.

So. Iridion is to GBA as Nanostray is to DS as Nano Assault is to 3DS?

Game looks awesome. Wish I could afford it right now. With my luck, it has a limited run and becomes hard to find within weeks.

Fake edit: Shit. $29.99? I really should pick this up.

watershed

Banned
So. Iridion is to GBA as Nanostray is to DS as Nano Assault is to 3DS?

Game looks awesome. Wish I could afford it right now. With my luck, it has a limited run and becomes hard to find within weeks.

Fake edit: Shit. $29.99? I really should pick this up.

Isn't there a buy 1 get 1 %50 off at TRU right now? That's a great deal if you want this and say MK7 or something.

Isn't there a buy 1 get 1 %50 off at TRU right now? That's a great deal if you want this and say MK7 or something.
Unfortunately, there aren't any Toys R Us in my area. Sure, I could drive 50 miles, but then I really wouldn't be saving any money at that point. But that's all right. If I really want this bad enough, I could scrape 30 bucks together. But I kind of wanted to pick up Super Mario 3DS first. I already have MK7. Decisions decisions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unfortunately, there aren't any Toys R Us in my area. Sure, I could drive 50 miles, but then I really wouldn't be saving any money at that point. But that's all right. If I really want this bad enough, I could scrape 30 bucks together. But I kind of wanted to pick up Super Mario 3DS first. I already have MK7. Decisions decisions.

Amazon has the same deal going and Nano Assault is on there.
I've been trying to find something to go with TWEWY. I might go with that.

DJMicLuv

Missed this one.
Looks really up my street. Looking forward to more impressions from posters here and I hope we get a Euro release some time soon.
Interesting.

Top Bottom