• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Assault |OT| A Disgusting Journey

Celine

According to the Manual the music is done by Martin Schioeler, with Manfred as Audio Director.
As suspected.
He should have done every Shin'en OST from Fun Fun Minigolf onward.

Too bad Linzner stopped composing after Nanostray 2, I like his "Huelsbeck-like" style
*keep listening to Iridion 3D/2 Arranged Soundtrack*

So there is 2xAA in 2D mode, good.
Is Manfred the soundtrack composer?

Told you so :p
It's Shin'en.

Shin'en Wiiware outings should have done quite well. They released one game per year between 2008 to 2011 so that mean they got a return in between.
Apparently the minigolf one was the best selling game that's why they chose to release a sequel on 3DS.

It's not that I don't trust Shin'en, it's just that it sounds less impressive since the 3DS was tailored for these effects compared to the Wii. It also sounds like the nailed the gameplay on the first try with this one too, but I'm not convinced about the "Star Fox" mode. Seems to suffer the same problem as Iridion 3D in that shooting is almost pointless since everything just fly right by you if you don't bother them. The rest still looks amazing.

As for mini golf being the best selling... that's weird. From what I've heard, it was one of their weaker WiiWare offerings. Maybe it sold more because it's out for a longer period of time.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com...poser-revealed-soundtrack-album-in-the-works/

Regarding music, look at this. :)

Also, am I the only one who'd LOVE to see Shinen do a Star Fox game for Wii U? Or F-Zero.

Or at the very least, why aren't these guys a graphics outsourcing studio? Lots of games would look oh-so-good if they did the programming. Hell why they didn't work on The Kore Gang as that was made in Germany instead of SnapDragon, I'll never know.

Teknoman

http://www.originalsoundversion.com...poser-revealed-soundtrack-album-in-the-works/

Also, am I the only one who'd LOVE to see Shinen do a Star Fox game for Wii U? Or F-Zero.

Or at the very least, why aren't these guys a graphics outsourcing studio? Lots of games would look oh-so-good if they did the programming. Hell why they didn't work on The Kore Gang as that was made in Germany instead of SnapDragon, I'll never know.

Star Fox Shin'en would be MINDBLOWING. Probably would sound closer to the SNES soundtrack too.

Celine

As for mini golf being the best selling... that's weird. From what I've heard, it was one of their weaker WiiWare offerings. Maybe it sold more because it's out for a longer period of time.
Yeah it is the less well received Shin'en Wiiware game but Manfred told so in a interview of a couple days ago.
Also he said Fun Fun Minigolf sequel should be available in "a few weeks".

Mother_of_god

I don't really think they want to outsource their work for other teams. Their know-how is what set apart from many other Nintendo third-party also I think they are quite happy to be a very small core team that can do what they like ( arcadish games mostly ).
Being very small I would prefer they focus on 3DS instead of WiiU, would be curious to play a Shin'en developed Star Fox for 3DS ( with Nintendo support obviously ).

Teknoman

You what would really be great? If Ex-Factor 5 members went to Shin'en and somehow they were able to get the rights to create a Turrican game or at least a Turrican-esque game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey, Nano Assault folks...

Could someone check and see if registering the game on Club Nintendo gives you 30 coins or 40 coins (30 + 10 early reg. bonus)?

I ask as there seems to be confusion as to whether third party titles are getting the "bonus" coins... Sonic does, it seems, and so Nano should as well, but...

MooMoo

Hey, Nano Assault folks...

Could someone check and see if registering the game on Club Nintendo gives you 30 coins or 40 coins (30 + 10 early reg. bonus)?

I ask as there seems to be confusion as to whether third party titles are getting the "bonus" coins... Sonic does, it seems, and so Nano should as well, but...
I only got 30 coins, US here.

How are the Star Fox missions? I'm only judging from the video posted and they kind of resemble Iridion 3D in which everything can just be avoided until you reach the boss.

There are some things you can't avoid, but for the majority you can.
Though, it becomes overwhelming pretty fast if you try that.

jdl

Banned
I'm really impressed with this so far.

Love the crazy looking worlds and enemies. Visually it's as out there as something like Rez.

Perhaps the most interesting game I've seen on the 3ds... A shame they named it something so painfully generic.

Did they not include the option to move with the control pad and shoot by touching the touch screen? Seems like such a no-brainer, and it gives you a lot more control than 8-way shooting with the face buttons. That's pretty disappointing, after seeing videos I just assumed that that's how it worked.

I was thinking about getting this, but there's no much stuff out right now, and an unexpected bill left me unable to pick up Mario Kart as I had planned, so that is my most wanted 3DS game at the moment. The ridiculously hyperbolic impressions from the guy on IGN's forums aren't really helping.

I really hope Amazon does a post-Christmas B2G1F sale, there's a few of these lesser-known 3DS games I'd like to pick up (this, Ace Combat, Shinobi). They each seem like they may become hard to find and they all look fun, but I don't really need them all right now, especially at full price.

the-iek

Yeah it is the less well received Shin'en Wiiware game but Manfred told so in a interview of a couple days ago.
Also he said Fun Fun Minigolf sequel should be available in "a few weeks".
I guess you're talking about the interview on my site, right? Here's the German snippet, he only said most popular game, not best selling, so it's not that clear, what he meant exactly:

„Fun! Fun! Minigolf“ war unser beliebtester Titel für WiiWare. Die unglaublich schönen Settings und die coole Stimmung von „FFMG“ haben einfach vielen gefallen. Da wir ein paar interessante Ideen für eine 3DS Version hatten, haben wir uns entschlossen mit „Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!“ einen Nachfolger zu designen.

legbone

Guess i'm going to get this off of Amazon. It's not available at any brick and mortar stores in my area. The manager of my local gamestop looked it up and there isn't a copy within 200 miles of my town.

BalrogTheMaster

Neo Member
I got my copy yesterday, this a truly wonderful game. I'm working on a video review, expect it up by tomorrow. :)

So far, this is getting a high score.

watershed

Banned
Are there any deals for this game? No retailer seems to have it in my area so online is my only option. Unrelated note, outside of 1st party software all the 3ds games I saw including recent releases are now $29.99, looks like we're finally back to ds pricing!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn I want this now.

It has sleeper hit written all over it.

artwalknoon said:
Unrelated note, outside of 1st party software all the 3ds games I saw including recent releases are now $29.99, looks like we're finally back to ds pricing!

Thank goodness!

M-PG71C

Holy shit, I forgot this just came out. Well, I went on Amazon and purchased it. Shinen will always get my money. Their stuff is just too damn good.

$30 also made it a bit easier to swallow as well. :D

EDIT: It'll be here the 9th, and by using some of my Amazon points from their rewards card, I was able to get it for about $15. I'll just play the hell out of MK till then.

Someone on gamefaqs said it's 60 in 3d.

But it was just one person though. Waiting for others to corroborate it.

Though it shouldn't surprise people seeing as how Shin'en are wizards powered by German engineering. I figured maybe 3D might stump them, but who knows. I will await for more confirmation.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The 3d in this game makes me want a Mario Galaxy game on the 3ds.

I wish I didn't suck so much at shoot em ups. Took me way to many tries to get past the first flight level.

Top Bottom