• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

How would Naruto not know? Wouldn't he have seen Sakura pregnant? -_-

Nooope, apparently she ran off with/ after eye-boy and came back a year later with a baby. No one saw nothing.

And really ... why are people saying that's his hair? Karin has bright red hair, he has jet black hair. Unless you think she has a jet black bush and plucks her bush hair in that lab and apparently everyone knows this then IDK why you would think there was a mix up.

Either she did cloning stuff to make offspring with Sas, leading to some crazy event where he gets the baby without her knowing (say, she thought it died in a lab explosion rigged by Sas and Ms. Ls?) or something more dickish happened (and that's a pretty dick move. Unless they saved her from being Karin's test subject or something)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Still expecting Sakura to be the real mom somehow. Calling this as a red herring.

And to think this thread was swamped with non-believers last week. Kishi delivers. king of trolls!!

oh my goddd "yeah.. sorry"

Someone is certainly getting trolled....again.

Nooope, apparently she ran off with/ after eye-boy and came back a year later with a baby. No one saw nothing.

And really ... why are people saying that's his hair? Karin has bright red hair, he has jet black hair. Unless you think she has a jet black bush and plucks her bush hair in that lab and apparently everyone knows this then IDK why you would think there was a mix up.

Either she did cloning stuff to make offspring with Sas, leading to some crazy event where he gets the baby without her knowing (say, she thought it died in a lab explosion rigged by Sas and Ms. Ls?) or something more dickish happened (and that's a pretty dick move. Unless they saved her from being Karin's test subject or something)

Yeah guessing maybe Sasuke and Sakura went on a journey together if Naruto never saw Sakura pregnant. We do know Sarada was born outside Konoha.

1434021582402.png

Holy SHIT

hahahahaha

Suigetsu assumed that was Karins DNA hence the conclusion.
You can't create a child clone out of some cells. Shin is a special case.

There is no fact either.

Did you seriously just say they "couldn't create a child or a clone out of some cells" in a manga with instant eye surgeries, body transplants, and magical space rabbit people? That in this very same chapter just showed a guy who made clones of himself from just teeth and nerves?

Oh man. Sarada might turn out to be a red herring but for now you need to quit reaching. XD

Did you seriously just say they "couldn't create a child or a clone out of some cells" in a manga with instant eye surgeries, body transplants, and magical space rabbit people? That in this very same chapter just showed a guy who made clones of himself from just teeth and nerves?

Oh man.

Mantis is just in his denial phase.

He'll be angry soon enough.

Gestahl

Especially considering it's an umbilical cord, not hair...

Let me guess it's Salad's and Sharkboy compared her own dna against itself. That sounds like a stupid twist Kishi would pull that only raises further complications and questions like what the fuck Karin's doing with Salad's umbilical cord

Erigu

Let me guess it's Salad's and Sharkboy compared her own dna against itself. That sounds like a stupid twist Kishi would pull that only raises further complications and questions like what the fuck Karin's doing with Salad's umbilical cord
Seems likely. Considering Karin's origins, it seems a bit odd that she would still have her own umbilical cord anyway...

aly

Really? Why should she still have her umbilical cord?

If Wikipedia is to be believed about Japan:

Japanese hospitals typically place part of the umbilical cord that falls off in a traditional box specifically designed for this purpose. When the mother leaves the hospital, the umbilical cord is given to her. This Japanese custom is based upon the belief that the umbilical cord has a direct relationship to the health of the baby. Maltreating it, therefore, risks causing harm or disease in the child. In some Japanese households, a mother may show a child the umbilical cord on certain events like birthdays to recall the day the child was born. In other households, the umbilical cord is given to a child on the day he or she leaves home or gets married to symbolize separation.[18] Also, a preserved umbilical cord is considered to be a cure for the child when he or she is sick. Parents would cut a small portion of the cord and feed it to the child. Additionally, the Japanese believe that the umbilical cord is a symbol of the child’s fate. So if one loses his or her umbilical cord, his/her spiritual fate is considered lost as well.[22]

The only thing I can guess is that some parents keep the umbilical cord; maybe Karin has it as a momento of her own family or something. Would also explain why she's so adamant about nobody touching her desk if she's got the "secret box of pain" stashed in there.

If Wikipedia is to be believed about Japan:

It's true. Korean families do it as well.

Erigu

Really? Why should she still have her umbilical cord?
As said above, it seems a bit odd to me that Karin would still have her own umbilical cord, considering her history...
But if you weren't talking about Karin specifically, preserving the umbilical cord of your child is actually fairly common in some cultures (although I guess Silent Hill 4 The Room weirded Western players out with that, heh).

Khezu

Could be a red herring, but with all the bullshit Shin is spewing at Sakura, it seems like a perfect set up to have Sakura shove it all in his face, and say Sarada is hers, genetics be damned.

No matter how it ends up, the journey has been so fucking amusing, the destination doesn't even matter.

Mantis is just in his denial phase.

He'll be angry soon enough.

I've realised something. Some of you guys don't even have faith in your own words. You go from Karin's the mother, to Sakura and then back to Karin.....you lack conviction. Is it a lack of faith or a lack of understanding?

Oh man. Sarada might turn out to be a red herring but for now you need to quit reaching. XD

And in the very same chapter, it was said that was Shin's special ability (;¬_¬)

Oh so now it may be a red herring eh.....you're not sure at all are you?

Trey

The writing has completely bottomed out - bordering on nonsensical. Really only worth reading for the fuckery at this point.

And in the very same chapter, it was said that was Shin's special ability (;¬_¬)

Oh so now it may be a red herring eh.....you're not sure at all are you?

Shin and Sarada don't have to be created in the same way to show that the world of Naruto has ridiculous "science" that could explain a Sasuke/Karin lab baby. Or did you miss the part where I talked about instant eye transplants and body swapping? Hell, she might not even BE a "lab baby" and Sauce just flat out cheated on Sakura.

As for "oh now it may be a red herring", read my quote from the manga thread before the chapter came out (you can go look at it, it's still there):

If this sticks...oh man. It's going to be a hilarious bloodbath on Tumblr.

Kinda indicates the acknowledgment that it could be a ruse, doesn't it? Moral of the story is that for now it's not and nothing indicates that it will be. So don't try to act like I'm going back on anything. And again, quit reaching.

jorgejjvr

So I always wondered, Naruto is an Uzumaki too, but he never got the Uzumaki powers like the chains

Is that only for females?

And also, this looks great:

o9YCafV.png

Village

"FUCK THE WOMAN THAT RAISED ME BY HERSELF! SHE'S NOT GENETICALLY RELATED TO ME!!!"
As a person who has known, and is someone with a non genetically related parent. Its pretty normal. Though my dad was abusive so, there is a bit more justification of me no liking him. I don't think sakura is that kind of person.

Sarada inching ever closer to a classic Uchihaha face

Naruto: OH SHIT, Its happening again

Erigu

So the bad guy of the movie (the one that was hinted at two weeks ago, I imagine) has Rinnegan in his hands, huh?
How novel.

brinstar

So I always wondered, Naruto is an Uzumaki too, but he never got the Uzumaki powers like the chains

Is that only for females?

And also, this looks great:

o9YCafV.png

Whoa, looks sweet. Guess the next villain is more Ootsuki stuff. I'm guessing Mitsuki is a potential spy?

Shin and Sarada don't have to be created in the same way to show that the world of Naruto has ridiculous "science" that could explain a Sasuke/Karin lab baby. Or did you miss the part where I talked about instant eye transplants and body swapping? Hell, she might not even BE a "lab baby" and Sauce just flat out cheated on Sakura.

As for "oh now it may be a red herring", read my quote from the manga thread before the chapter came out (you can go look at it, it's still there):

Kinda indicates the acknowledgment that it could be a ruse, doesn't it? Moral of the story is that for now it's not and nothing indicates that it will be. So don't try to act like I'm going back on anything. And again, quit reaching.

The point was never about ridiculous science.

if someone took Karin and Sauce's genes and created her

This is not possible.

Oh you're not going back on anything. Like I said you lack conviction. I'm not surprised considering how no one wanted to do an avatar bet.

jorgejjvr

I really want to see Hinata, you know, the actual real relationship in this manga

Would also love to see more of himawari and boruto, more of the Naruto family please!

jorgejjvr

that's really badass. Loving how Bolt/Sarada/Naruto look. This Mitsuki guy is cool too.

Yep! So happy to have a great and interesting female character, and a female uchiha at that!

Cant wait for some classic chunin exams too!

the villain also looks like the Shin's clone btw

Top Bottom