• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Nephtis

Bolt's chidori is flawed because he does not have the sharingan and his rasnegan seems quite small. I reckon his special move might be some combination..

as excited as I was to see him with the two signature moves, what really did it for me was listening to Jiraiya's VA narrating it.

Good lord, Jiraiya was a fantastic character. Easily my favorite in the narutoverse.

phaze

as excited as I was to see him with the two signature moves, what really did it for me was listening to Jiraiya's VA narrating it.

Good lord, Jiraiya was a fantastic character. Easily my favorite in the narutoverse.

Scumbag godfather with an utterly pointless death.

I love him too.

Nephtis

Scumbag godfather with an utterly pointless death.

I love him too.

Hahaha true, but he was still the one character that actually felt fatherly (or rather, grandfatherly)to me. Iruka was more of a big brother.

His death wasn't pointless to me. I think it was a turning point for Naruto to really get into his training and actually aim to be a badass. I still hate Kishi for killing him though. No matter where I hear his VA, only character I can think of is Jiraiya.

Bolt's chidori is flawed because he does not have the sharingan and his rasnegan seems quite small. I reckon his special move might be some combination.

Also, I don't that puts him above everyone else. Neither is Sarada. At this stage (Chunin), skill and tactics are just as important than raw power. Don't under estimate someone like Shikadai and in terms of raw power I reckon Lee Jr outdoes Sarada and Bolt.

why are we assuming Bolt won't have any good tactics. Presumably he has been playing with shadow clones for a good bit. He could have developed some good tricks. Who knows what else he can do. Dude is a prodigy.

All he needs is a good winning attitude!

phaze

Hahaha true, but he was still the one character that actually felt fatherly (or rather, grandfatherly)to me. Iruka was more of a big brother.

His death wasn't pointless to me. I think it was a turning point for Naruto to really get into his training and actually aim to be a badass. I still hate Kishi for killing him though. No matter where I hear his VA, only character I can think of is Jiraiya.

Haha same, just finished Big O where he had a recurring role and as always (heard him in Texhnolyzy, Ergo Proxy and others) I could only think of Jiraiya every time the character he played opened his mouth. Really distinctive voice.

Regarding his death: He already had captured a Pain body and had a good idea what the hell was going on with him. He didn't need to go out and get killed. + The use of code in the message was utterly pointless and it didn't even lead to anything. Naruto learned about Pain's secret and his location independently.

+He sucks as a teacher. Slightly improved rasengan after 3 years ? Fuck off.

With all that said, I really like his character and his demise was one of the better executed moments in anime. I'm kinda glad he died as Kishi couldn't tarnish him like he did with most of other characters.

Syntsui

Bolt is a monster, already doing rasengan without clones, something that Naruto couldn't do until he was 16 + his insane Kyubi chakra.

Also, Chidori without sharingan ladies and gentleman.

PaulBizkit

Great chapter, forgot how cool the battles were in this manga. Sarada's development as a character is excellent. Uchiha done right!

Awesome new chapter!

Sasuke
susanoo punching that giant shin clone made me crack up. Funniest thing lol.

Go Sarada :D! Sasuke's "proud dad" face is great.

Yado

I'm not impressed by these kids pulling off old techniques passed down by their predecessors. Show me some ingenuity.

Mendrox

Bolt is a monster, already doing rasengan without clones, something that Naruto couldn't do until he was 16 + his insane Kyubi chakra.

Kurama nerfed Naruto all along... remember? Naruto would have fucked everyone up if Kurama just bro-ed him at the beginning.

Yado

& I think it has more to do with Kishi going "Look, this is _________'s kid doing ________ just like ________ did! Isn't that great?" than it has to do with them all being little prodigies.

I want Sarada to confront her parents but I doubt that's going to happen now. I don't care about bonds, I want receipts.

rambis

Banned
I'm not impressed by these kids pulling off old techniques passed down by their predecessors. Show me some ingenuity.
Idk. It took timeskips before we saw the main characters able to develop their own jutsu. You might be expecting a little much at this point.

Arabesque

Didn't work so well for Kakashi the first time though

Well, isn't that how it was back when Naruto and Sasuke were at their age?

I mean, Naruto's chief techniques (Kagebushin, Rasengen, Sage Mode) were just old techniques passed down by his teachers/father, and it took him a long while until he managed to put his own spin on them.

For Sasuke, he never really managed to develop anything unique of his own, rather just learning, awakening and copying stuff from the people he fought/studied under/heard stories about (Madara covering the Kyubi with Susuno for example). The closest thing to a personal technique he ever created was Kirin, and that was more of a time consuming AoE Chidori that he never used again.

Yado

I mean, Naruto's chief techniques (Kagebushin, Rasengen, Sage Mode) were just old techniques passed down by his teachers/father, and it took him a long while until he managed to put his own spin on them.

For Sasuke, he never really managed to develop anything unique of his own, rather just learning, awakening and copying stuff from the people he fought/studied under/heard stories about (Madara covering the Kyubi with Susuno for example). The closest thing to a personal technique he ever created was Kirin, and that was more of a time consuming AoE Chidori that he never used again.

It was different because we didn't endure over a decade of rasengans before Naruto learned it. Bolt learning them isn't imressive at all, we've been seeing them for a very long time now. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to come up with stuff on their own, especially if they're so gifted.

well next week is the last chapter

let us get this over with

Sarada being Karin's daughter or Sakura's.... doesn't matter now really if Sakura is going to make Sarada become a medical nin

"That's my girl"

"That's my girl....I think"

You're right. Kishimoto always has been lacking in originality. But it's not as acceptable this time as say...seeing Shikamaru's dad to the same things as Shikamaru, or Konohamaru doing the Rasengan because Shikamaru's dad and Konohamaru aren't even main characters. If we have to focus on Sarada and Naruto's shitty bratty clone, then doing the same things as predecessors is boring.

Pokémon trainer, Itachi fanboy, Akatsuki cosplayer... What a weab... worthy opponent!

Sasuga Shin

Ahh please PM the source!! SaiyanIsland doesn't have it right now

ahh, it was on tumblr (the scan) but I can't find it anymore without scrolling through hundreds of posts. Its real don't worry.

why are we assuming Bolt won't have any good tactics. Presumably he has been playing with shadow clones for a good bit. He could have developed some good tricks. Who knows what else he can do. Dude is a prodigy.

All he needs is a good winning attitude!

We'll see. I'm just saying don't under estimate the other kids. The new generation definitely seem to be learning much quicker than their parents.

They are not even genin and you want them to come up with their own techniques?

Thats a bad thing.

CDiggity

well next week is the last chapter

let us get this over with

Sarada being Karin's daughter or Sakura's.... doesn't matter now really if Sakura is going to make Sarada become a medical nin

I believe the ending will be a "it doesn't matter" from Salad followed by Naruto confronting Sauce about it in private where he will whisper what happened in naruto's ear and give an ambiguous expression. Leaving the people who care about this ripping their hair out and Kishi laughing all the way to the bank.

That's why Tobirama is the best. Dude created a dozen jutsus.

I don't like these kids having all the same techniques as their parents, masters.. It feels like Kishi is reusing ideas. The best thing about classic Naruto was the training and learning to become a ninja. At the end of the second part, Kishi dropped everything and made techniques to be like just gifts for Naruto and Sasuke.. they didn't have to do anything just: "hey have this god-like jutsu from thousand years, you already know how this works". It's not exciting.

I believe the ending will be a "it doesn't matter" from Salad followed by Naruto confronting Sauce about it in private where he will whisper what happened in naruto's ear and give an ambiguous expression. Leaving the people who care about this ripping their hair out and Kishi laughing all the way to the bank.

lol I can see this happening
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also lol to Pyscho_Mantis being rustled by Prodigy Boruto/Bolt .... dude doesn't need the sharigan due to his talent
and before it is another lightning attack/ he learns to unlock a dojutsu

Joni

Strange how one of the tiny Shin apparantly made a Shin-Choji specific clone, he isn't just chubby but can actually use the same technique. Or it seems like that if the chubby and the giant one aren't the same. The skinny one looks like Nagato.

lol I can see this happening
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also lol to Pyscho_Mantis being rustled by Prodigy Boruto/Bolt .... dude doesn't need the sharigan due to his talent
and before it is another lightning attack/ he learns to unlock a dojutsu

Maybe one day you will be able to rustle my jimmies RealTalker but Bolt being a prodigy does nothing to me.

They are, in the movie.

True. but there still too young. Naruto and Sasuke showed their own jutsu's some way into shippuuden.

rambis

Banned

Sasuke developed like 5 different changes in chakra form with his chidori. Similar to what naruto did with the rasengan to create basically all of his jutsus. They both took techniques that were passed down to them and developed them. He also created the blaze release and AFAIK he is the only one able to use it.

I would also point out that he's like the only swordsman in his class. The sauce is extremely OP.

Arabesque

It was different because we didn't endure over a decade of rasengans before Naruto learned it. Bolt learning them isn't imressive at all, we've been seeing them for a very long time now. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to come up with stuff on their own, especially if they're so gifted.

You're right. Kishimoto always has been lacking in originality. But it's not as acceptable this time as say...seeing Shikamaru's dad to the same things as Shikamaru, or Konohamaru doing the Rasengan because Shikamaru's dad and Konohamaru aren't even main characters. If we have to focus on Sarada and Naruto's shitty bratty clone, then doing the same things as predecessors is boring.

I don't like these kids having all the same techniques as their parents, masters.. It feels like Kishi is reusing ideas. The best thing about classic Naruto was the training and learning to become a ninja. At the end of the second part, Kishi dropped everything and made techniques to be like just gifts for Naruto and Sasuke.. they didn't have to do anything just: "hey have this god-like jutsu from thousand years, you already know how this works". It's not exciting.

I can understand that, but it's worth remembering that neither Naruto nor Sasuke managed to improve on what they learned the moment the mastered or knew the techniques. It took them at least 2-3 years before they managed to put their own spins on it and develop something they could call their own.

As much as Kishimoto sometimes forgets, the idea of passing down these techniques to continue the Will of Fire means that an important part needs to be showing how these kids learn what their parents had always used. Then they could do their own spin on them.

Scenes like when Sasuke is being taught the Fireball jutsu works. It's not just the idea of getting acknowledged by his father as a full member of the clan, but also showcasing how he managed to inherit an important part of his clans culture and tradition.

Sure, things went bonkers by the end, but this mini series is supposed to capture what was it that made the early parts and initial ideas great.

That's why Tobirama is the best. Dude created a dozen jutsus.

Most of which ended up being forbidden haha

But yeah, Tobirama was something alright.

Sasuke developed like 5 different changes in chakra form with his chidori. Similar to what naruto did with the rasengan to create basically all of his jutsus. They both took techniques that were passed down to them and developed them. He also created the blaze release and AFAIK he is the only one able to use it.

Exactly! They took those techniques and after mastering them, placed their own improvements years later.

With that said, Sasuke never went beyond expanding on the chakra form manipulation on the Chidori. Everything else was borrowed or was tied to his blood line limit, which is what the Blaze Release is (I mean, did he create it in the same way Obito created Kamui, or was it something he was always capable of thanks to his genes?)

I would also point out that he's like the only swordsman in his class. The sauce is extremely OP.

That because anyone who could teach the art is either dead (Hayate) a weirdo (Orichimaru) or had never been important or skilled enough lol

But Sasuke being a swordsman would be something unique to him, especially since unlike host master, he doesn't spit out his sword.

Are we ever going to see hand signs again lol.

Well, Sasuke is still using them for his Chidori.

Akainu

just saw the trailer for that boruto movie. saw some people talking about how small his rasengan was. considering he is doing it without clones that's pretty impressive.

I can understand that, but it's worth remembering that neither Naruto nor Sasuke managed to improve on what they learned the moment the mastered or knew the techniques. It took them at least 2-3 years before they managed to put their own spins on it and develop something they could call their own.

As much as Kishimoto sometimes forgets, the idea of passing down these techniques to continue the Will of Fire means that an important part needs to be showing how these kids learn what their parents had always used. Then they could do their own spin on them.

Scenes like when Sasuke is being taught the Fireball jutsu works. It's not just the idea of getting acknowledged by his father as a full member of the clan, but also showcasing how he managed to inherit an important part of his clans culture and tradition.

Sure, things went bonkers by the end, but this mini series is supposed to capture what was it that made the early parts and initial ideas great.

You're right. When I said that I don't liked the kids with the same old techniques is more due to a "concern" that Kishi doesn't care any more about training. Bolt already has a rasengan, some people are praising him as a prodigy for that. Ok, but I'd rather see him achieving that than skipping to the part where he already mastered it. Of course, when Kishi choses those same techniques, no one will want to see the same lessons Jiraya told Naruto, for example. That's why it would be cool to have new techniques because we would have new lessons, new skills, new philosophy towards it imo. But perhaps, that's something Kishimoto doesn't have the time anymore.

rambis

Banned
Exactly! They took those techniques and after mastering them, placed their own improvements years later.

With that said, Sasuke never went beyond expanding on the chakra form manipulation on the Chidori. Everything else was borrowed or was tied to his blood line limit, which is what the Blaze Release is (I mean, did he create it in the same way Obito created Kamui, or was it something he was always capable of thanks to his genes?)

That because anyone who could teach the art is either dead (Hayate) a weirdo (Orichimaru) or had never been important or skilled enough lol

But Sasuke being a swordsman would be something unique to him, especially since unlike host master, he doesn't spit out his sword.

Well, Sasuke is still using them for his Chidori.

The chidori is a change in chakra nature and chakra form. Like the rasenshuriken which is supposedly extremely hard to master. Remember its what kakashi used to demonstrate the concept to Naruto.

And no, Sasuke is supposedly the only Uchiha to be able to control ameteratsu. Its unique to those with Mangeyko but I'm not why that's relevant.

Idk what the argument is. Usually every time sasuke is shown fighting he was using unique techniques. Is everybody supposed to have created multiple jutsu like the Second?

We never saw his body. He's out there somewhere.

Zeroth

I mean, we all knew this wasn't going to be the final villain. The arc introduced Sasuke's mission (hunting down whoever helped Kaguya), Shin was more like a side treat. A far more interesting question is who gave him his own mini ten tails, and that is probably tied to the movie villains.

Top Bottom