• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

T'Zariah

Banned
^^^^
lol I am dying
;)))))

that is a fan-art of the fan made Narusaku kid

JP69Jux.gif

hey mistakes happen

he does looks cool in that image though ;)

if I was ignorant enough and didn't have a awesome Char Frog avi I might of done the same

Frog-fu

Banned
exactly

it is cool to see the new kids and what not but when it goes to power scaling it just ends up being Bijuus, Dojutsus, and Sage Bloodline orgy fest

Nothing else..... no new horizons..... no new adventures in exotic lands (unless it is in some other dimensions which in the end are controlled by the same people like Kaguya so it is just Kaguya 2.0 all over again)

Naruto is at a point where the only real threat are those of Kaguya's lineage, i.e. it's more eye-power fuckery, which is one of the major reasons the manga declined as much and as sharply as it did.

There's no comparing it to what other shōnen battle manga have done. One Piece is extremely diverse and clever with its powers. Ditto for Hunter x Hunter. Hell, even Bleach does a much better job at that. In fact, virtually every manga I can think of that is remotely in the same vein does a much better job.

It's a shame Kishimoto limited himself so much creatively. I think his second editor played no small part in that, knowing how popular the Uchiha characters were.

Oh, well. I'm still bitter as fuck over the ending and The Last, so all that's keeping me here is my curiosity. I'm not expecting anything so I can't really be disappointed.

don't forget everything is now Bijuu bombs

well for the top tier at least...... and unfortunately the third main characters attack is just punching so that is something to be desired

at least the new kids didn't get powerful enough to become blasting ninjas yet

I wouldn't have questioned it if I didn't read other series with ridiculous power scaling (that isn't DB seeing as that is just blasts).... I mean the Torikoverse is literally feats upon feats but everyone has a unique combat fighting style which the author actually utilizes and explains while in battle via narration like HXH which is way better then compared to how bleach has the characters shouting it out

T'Zariah

Banned

well for the top tier at least...... and unfortunately the third main characters attack is just punching so that is something to be desired

I wouldn't have questioned it if I didn't read other series with ridiculous power scaling (that isn't DB seeing as that is just blasts).... I mean the Torikoverse is literally feats upon feats but everyone has a unique combat fighting style which the author actually utilizes and explains while in battle via narration like HXH which is way better then compared to how bleach has the characters shouting it out
If Kishi wanted to introduce the current power scale he should've introduced Hashi and Mads WAY the fuck early, show their feats, have the manga scale down afterwards, and slowly over the course of the series work its way back up.

Frog-fu

Banned

Yeah, don't remind me. Bijūdama should have been Naruto's ultimate, top tier, "fuck everything in that direction" last resort move. It was cool as shit the first time he used it to counter five Bijūdama on his own, but then Kishimoto went ahead and spammed the shit out of it at every given opportunity. Just like he's done with SM, KCM, BM and BSM.

tbh I never thought of Sakura as the third main character, nor do I think Kishimoto ever wanted us to. She was just a love interest for Naruto and an eventual glorified babysitter for Sasuke. Nothing more. At least Sarada has a Sharingan to keep her relevant.

I don't suspect it will take very long for the kids, or Boruto at least, to reach demigod status like his old man. I just hope we get to see some original moves at least.

I don't read Toriko, and I have 0 interest in changing that, but I have looked up some feats and the show seems to be entering late DB (not Z) power levels. Granted, I haven't heard any of them busting moons yet, but so far it sounds like everything is still relative and managable, so that's good at least.

Wish I could say the same for Naruto.

Honestly, the one thing I hope to see the most now is adult Konohamaru. I hope we can get an impression of what Prime Hiruzen was like through him. Unlikely, I know, but a man can dream.

edit;

Who?

It was some random cool ninja I saw on google images, just thought I'd make it my Avatar.

o_O

Nope.

It's basically the new obsession of the NaruSaku fandom. A what-if character had Naruto ended up with Sakura and named his firstborn son Shinachiku, as Kishimoto once said he would perhaps name Naruto's son if he had one, though that was years ago.

I thought it'd be obvious considering he looks like Naruto but has Sakura's eyes.
Code:
[IMG]http://40.media.tumblr.com/0d2975de231f75fc89e0f1dd8464d43f/tumblr_neqtv9cTqN1tyz62ko1_1280.png[/IMG]

There's a bunch of these out there. Quite a lot actually.

I completely agree Jasaiga

and yes Frog I agree that Kishi didn't manage it correctly which now made the only appealing thing for this series is the other non Godlike characters and or politics left untold

I too want to see Konohamaru and I believe we will see him in the next movie

I also want to see if some promises were kept like abolishing the Hyuga curse seal or unifying the Ninja countries

the least thing I am excited for are the top tiers duking it out

Naruto is at a point where the only real threat are those of Kaguya's lineage, i.e. it's more eye-power fuckery, which is one of the major reasons the manga declined as much and as sharply as it did.

There's no comparing it to what other shōnen battle manga have done. One Piece is extremely diverse and clever with its powers. Ditto for Hunter x Hunter. Hell, even Bleach does a much better job at that. In fact, virtually every manga I can think of that is remotely in the same vein does a much better job.

It's a shame Kishimoto limited himself so much creatively. I think his second editor played no small part in that, knowing how popular the Uchiha characters were.

Oh, well. I'm still bitter as fuck over the ending and The Last, so all that's keeping me here is my curiosity. I'm not expecting anything so I can't really be disappointed.

I don't know if anybody feels this way, but I always felt that Part 1 would have been a great time to do some world building. There could have been more arcs with Team 7 before the Chunin Exam, with the gang taking on adventures in other lands/villages. They could have also used it as a way to introduce us to the other teams, before building up to the exam. It would have also further legitimize Naruto's and Sasuke's relationship with each other, since the Zabuza arc and the Forest of Death are the only times throughout the series, until the end, that Naruto and Sasuke worked and bonded with each other. Also, I don't know how far back Kishi had the idea of there being nine Bijuu, but we could have also been introduced to other Jinchuriki, even without it being openly stated that they had beast inside them, just subtly hinted that they were like Naruto.

Same thing with early Part 2, with the new Team 7. I also feel like the Akatsuki members could have been expanded a little further. Kaguya, and the mythology around her clan and offsprings, could have been hinted at earlier in the story.

T'Zariah

Banned
I completely agree Jasaiga

and yes Frog I agree that Kishi didn't manage it correctly which now made the only appealing thing for this series is the other non Godlike characters and or politics left untold

I also want to see if some promises were kept like abolishing the Hyuga curse seal or unifying the Ninja countries

Kishi needs more fights like this:

tumblr_nnhcp2NFUu1uomexdo2_500.gif

tumblr_nbeqq9CPnh1rliqo4o10_400.gif

giphy.gif

I don't know if anybody feels this way, but I always felt that Part 1 would have been a great time to do some world building. There could have been more arcs with Team 7 before the Chunin Exam, with the gang taking on adventures in other lands/villages. They could have also used it as a way to introduce us to the other teams, before building up to the exam. It would have also further legitimize Naruto's and Sasuke's relationship with each other, since the Zabuza arc and the Forest of Death are the only times throughout the series, until the end, that Naruto and Sasuke worked and bonded with each other. Also, I don't know how far back Kishi had the idea of there being nine Bijuu, but we could have also been introduced to other Jinchuriki, even without it being openly stated that they had beast inside them, just subtly hinted that they were like Naruto.

Same thing with early Part 2, with the new Team 7. I also feel like the Akatsuki members could have been expanded a little further. Kaguya, and the mythology around her clan and offsprings, could have been hinted at earlier in the story.
I agree completely

Kaguya could've been slowly trickled together via ruins are tails
Kishi needs more fights like this:

Agreed... the best part of the final Sasuke vs Naruto fight in the end of the manga was the fistocuffs after they ran out of chakra not the dull blasts

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway the spoiler conclusion is out on who is the mother................ if anyone is interested or if anyone wants to hold back and wait until later by all means go ahead

I ain't going to post it here
you can find it on NF

Frog-fu

Banned

I think the only possible way for the Hyūga to still have their cursed seals would be if Kishimoto simply forgot about them, which is a very real possibility.

Personally, I'm not very interested in any fight that isn't a proper Naruto VS Sasuke fight, even if it's purely for exhibition or training.

I agree.

Ideally, Jiraiya would have been used as a device to broaden the world's horizons. As a Sage, he could have perhaps had the duty to seeing order and balance in the nature and across the world, and as a well-travelled adventurer he could have told Naruto about all these foreign lands with their different cultures and beliefs. Through Jiraiya we could have some foreshadowing as to where Kaguya came from, of ancient historical facts and myths - all these things could have been used for worldbuilding purposes.

And better yet, it would have been awesome had Jiraiya then taken Naruto with him on a journey to these foreign lands during the timeskip, to train him in secret far from Akatsuki's reach. Naruto could have come back, looked a bit more wordly, mature, and probably rocked a much better outfit to boot, with plenty of new techniques and tricks he picked up along the way.

If Kishimoto had written about 300-400 chapters of Part I that included plenty of development for Team 7 to make us believe in them as a unit and actual friends, then Part II would have been much more believable to boot. The manga wouldn't have even necessarily been that much longer if he had simply cut out huge superfluous chunks of the story and kept the training arcs short and the war arc straightforward without needless deviations.

Pyscho_Mantis you...

shouldn't jump the gun until the chapter is out officially

I also recommend that you should re-frame from posting such obvious posts since it is basically like a spoiler for those who don't wish to be spoiled

Thank You

Yado

I really want to know why Sasuke couldn't visit his family for 12 years or whatever. I know it will probably be stupid and petty but I want to know. Lol

Frog-fu

Banned
I really want to know why Sasuke couldn't visit his family for 12 years or whatever. I know it will probably be stupid and petty but I want to know. Lol

I 100% would not be shocked if later down the line we find out Sasuke fathered another child with some random woman who is either an antagonist or a new protagonist or whatever.

T'Zariah

Banned
It doesn't really matter WHO Sarada's mom is, TBH.

Sasuke is still a POS dad who never saw his child or "wife" for 12 years.

There's no excuse.

well one thing is for sure

Sarada
didn't get any extra DNA bonus :/ just plain old Haruno (aka civilian family genes)

her Uchiha genes are only what really matters

well one thing is for sure

Sarada
didn't get any extra DNA bonus :/ just plain old Haruno (aka civilian family genes)

her Uchiha genes are only what really matters

Yup the same Haruno genes that made Sakura stronger than Karin with Uzamaki genes and Hinata with Hyuuga genes.

Kind of funny when a civilian girl becomes a sannin and is stronger than girls who have such strong genes xD

Yup the same Haruno genes that made Sakura stronger than Karin with Uzamaki genes and Hinata with Hyuuga genes.

Kind of funny when a civilian girl becomes a sannin and is stronger than girls who have such strong genes xD

Super Strength and Chakra control isn't passed down as much as you try and tell yourself

oh and funny how the main female protagonist got more power ups then secondary characters I would've expected the opposite /s

I hope she learns how to dodge soon though

Sarada is just a medal to most of you peeps....... some SS fans just only care if those two banged rather then caring about the relationship even working out

Super Strength and Chakra control isn't passed down as much as you try and tell yourself

oh and funny how the main female protagonist got more power ups then secondary characters I would've expected the opposite /s

I hope she learns how to dodge soon though

If you still don't understand....I'm taking the mick out of you and your gene talk bro xD

Sarada is just a medal to most of you peeps....... some SS fans just only care if those two banged rather then caring about the relationship even working out

Let it all out.

like I said

Sakura is a main character those other two are not...... she got more panel time and powerups then anyone else in K11 (excluding Naruto)

and still her fighting style is the most luke warm copy and paste out of everyone in the series

Tsunade innovated and Sakura just inherited with nothing to add

Sarada is a good character..... heck I don't even hate the Sauce as much but I overly dispise people who think Sakura is something special when she isn't

Frog-fu

Banned
e1ClrR8.png

I'm dying over here

I know you've deluded yourself into believing Sasuke and Sakura are in a loving, healthy relationship and all, and that's one thing, but you would seriously put this type of fuckery past Kishimoto?

f9nRJzl.gif

Genes have nothing to do with Sakura's physical abilities. Those are all thanks to Tsunade's training.

Sakura has always been book smart, but she's never been called a genius or a prodigy like Sasuke, so it's not like Sarada needed her for smarts anyway.

T'Zariah

Banned

0a055ee74d.png

You think genes help Sakura out? or Sarada? Her daughter might as well have had genes from some scrub Kunoichi for all good it did her.

Your right Realtalker. Kiba definitely would be the strongest.....if he was the main character.

-____-

Also apparently some of you can't recognise sarcasm :/

Yado

Lol, if Kishi wanted her to "innovate" he would have. It's no surprise that Naruto and Sasuke developed their abilities more than the other konoha kids.

Kiba is way more diverse and better built then Sakura

come on now we all know it

we also know SS isn't a good pairing..... dude had more time to take a Hebi picture when he was EVIL but NO time for his family

of course this could later change

the dude just needs to poke Sakura's forehead and she will obey right away

This actually isn't wrong. If Sarada's birth mother is or was some random, it doesn't make a difference because in all ways that actually matter, Sakura IS her mom. She is the one that's there, she raised her. Kinda like Shaman King's sequel where Hana is Anna's biological child, but hell if that isn't Tamao's kid because she put in the work.

Most shippers only had to have it be hers so they could say "congrats on the sex" it seems like.

In the end I already knew that
it was going to be this way

and the only reason why I accept it is because I want Sarada not to suffer

she doesn't need her parents BS

edit: Granted I can respect Sakura for at least taking care of Sarada

T'Zariah

Banned
This actually isn't wrong. If Sarada's birth mother is or was some random, it doesn't make a difference because in all ways that actually matter, Sakura IS her mom. She is the one that's there, she raised her. Kinda like Shaman King's sequel where Hana is Anna's biological child, but hell if that isn't Tamao's kid because she put in the work.

Most shippers only had to have it be hers so they could say "congrats on the sex" it seems like.

And if Kishi is to be believe, Sakura hasn't had no D for 12 years.

Lawd!

0a055ee74d.png

CDiggity

All I will say is that this little side story and discussion has been a great example of superiority bias, but then again, when isn't it that.

God I hope Sarada at least branches off and doesn't become a Sakura or rather Tsunade clone

your a Uchiha at least learn some baddass Uchiha tech

Yado

Lol even in this thread people were shitting on her for being a single parent/adoptive mother. Just as many people if not more people were relishing the possibility of Karin being the mother. There aren't even that many SS shippers here so the ire is OTT.

Nah. Thats a misconception by people who evidently do not understand these characters.

tumblr_inline_nqsszbqzVH1t7jsuw_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nqsszwip9V1t7jsuw_540.jpg

I want them all to be happy.

rrc1594

This last chapter better be 50 pages long

I want to know why Sasuke has been gone for 12 years. I mean it is blatantly obvious kishi put in these family drama shit just to add it. I mean you been gone for 12 years and all of sudden you get a breakthrough in your mission.

This last chapter better be 50 pages long

I want to know why Sasuke has been gone for 12 years. I mean it is blatantly obvious kishi put in these family drama shit just to add it. I mean you been gone for 12 years and all of sudden you get a breakthrough in your mission.
it is 19 pages of
SS
bonding

Lol even in this thread people were shitting on her for being a single parent/adoptive mother. Just as many people if not more people were relishing the possibility of Karin being the mother. There aren't even that many SS shippers here so the ire is OTT.

Who said I was talking about GAF with my statement?

Nah. Thats a misconception by people who evidently do not understand these characters.

I want them all to be happy.

Meant to ask, not doubting your liking the characters but what exactly would have made any of them unhappy if Sarada had been born differently? Sakura still loved and raised her. Sarada got TNJ'd by Naruto and still wanted Sakura as a mom. Sasuke is...well...as happy as Sasuke's gonna be. XD

All I will say is that this little side story and discussion has been a great example of superiority bias, but then again, when isn't it that.

But I was just giving Kishi the benefit of the doubt that he's finally learned to write for quality and not just to troll. After all, isn't that the honest thing to do? :p

Who can be mad with him in the end, it's in his nature.

tumblr_lpqep2T6zB1qg48w4.gif

CDiggity

But I was just giving Kishi the benefit of the doubt that he's finally learned to write for quality and not just to troll. After all, isn't that the honest thing to do? :p

Who can be mad with him in the end, it's in his nature.

Honestly, the writing here is a little better, but "better than average" isn't amazing. Sarada is fine, but that's because she has a low bar to clear with regards to Uchihas and Narutoverse women.

Also, Shin was right. It is all about the genes.

Frog-fu

Banned

qft. By and large the appeal of SS has always been due to some self-insert fantasy of having a complicated, good looking guy that can open up only to the pretty girl brave enough to look past his rough exterior or some pish like that. It's no better than the filth you ready in those 50 Shades of Grey novels. Probably worse considering Sasuke tried to kill her.

0a055ee74d.png

You think genes help Sakura out? or Sarada? Her daughter might as well have had genes from some scrub Kunoichi for all good it did her.

lmao

Kiba is way more diverse and better built then Sakura

come on now we all know it

we also know SS isn't a good pairing..... dude had more time to take a Hebi picture when he was EVIL but NO time for his family

of course this could later change

the dude just needs to poke Sakura's forehead and she will obey right away

To be fair, Sakura could knock Kiba out with a finger and very little effort, and slugs >>>> ninken, so I don't agree on that front. I definitely think Sakura > everyone of the K12 not named Naruto or Sasuke.

Kishimoto done her wrong though, big time.

This thread is going full circle

Well come back Frog

Thanks, bro. Good to be back.

Will never enter participate in another GoT thread again if I can help it.

Top Bottom