• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

To be fair, Sakura could knock Kiba out with a finger and very little effort, and slugs >>>> ninken, so I don't agree on that front. I definitely think Sakura > everyone of the K12 not named Naruto or Sasuke.

Kishimoto done her wrong though, big time.

I agree she is more powerful due to her character status but she has no good character/backstory/appeal

Ino her BFF decided that her friendship was more important then a crush but Sakura decided that she needed to get that Sauce no matter the cost..... Betray her friends before the Kage Summit, sure... Burden Naruto with her Drama, easy.... let your love of your life do whatever he wants to you, of course!!!!!

I hate the character because she is written to be hated.... if I would argue that the author could've of did so and so then it would have opened a bunch of fanfiction possibilities for anyone

Honestly, the writing here is a little better, but "better than average" isn't amazing. Sarada is fine, but that's because she has a low bar to clear with regards to Uchihas and Narutoverse women.

Also, Shin was right. It is all about the genes.

I just mean the million little red herrings that serve only to operate as red herrings and don't make logical sense otherwise (although the genes thing is weird on thematic level depending on how it plays out exactly). Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret? They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record? Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer? Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures? Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious? Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately? Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

Use that time to do actual character development rather than just pointlessly troll. It's whatever though. Bring on the avatar.

im%20ready_zpsm8v8y7wh.gif

rrc1594

Psycho_Mantis be like

giphy.gif

I just mean the million little red herrings that serve only to operate as red herrings and don't make logical sense otherwise (although the genes thing is weird on thematic level depending on how it plays out exactly). Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret? They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record? Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer? Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures? Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious? Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately? Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

It's whatever though. Bring on the avatar.

Simple Kishi needs the drama even if it's forced

Yado

I guess I'm one of those people who don't care about SS having a "happy marriage" despite them being my favorite characters. I feel this way about all of the parings tbh, there's nothing for me to be invested in as a reader.

Kishi just neatly paired off individuals and threw aging and kids at them. These relationships are all hollow as far as I'm concerned.

Frog-fu

Banned
I agree she is more powerful due to her character status but she has no good character/backstory/appeal

Ino her BFF decided that her friendship was more important then a crush but Sakura decided that she needed to

I hate the character because she is written to be hated.... if I would argue that the author could've of did so and so then it would have opened a bunch of fanfiction possibilities for anyone

I think there is some appeal to her ordinary background in terms of lineage because it's refreshing in a world where nearly everybody that is somebody hails from some long, proud lineage of shinobi with special techniques. The problem is that Kishi did very little with it.

I always thought her crush on Sasuke was really just an extension of her rivalry with Ino, a means for her to channel her own desire to break free from her shadow and for once not lose to her, with the ultimate endgame being that Sakura realised friendship was more important over a superficial crush that made no sense whatsoever, and gew up, thus becoming a better person. But, unfortunately, by whatever twisted logic he came up with, Kishimoto went with it, validating every asinine aspect of her relationship with Sasuke, and then handwaved Naruto's involvement in the love triangle with that same extension of rivalry, only this time it didn't make any sense whatsoever.

It's because Kishimoto didn't let Sakura grow out of her crush and pretty much defined her by it that everything she did made her hated. She was fine when Sasuke was out of the picture, but whenever he was in it or was brought up, every meritorious aspect about her flew out of the window.

I just mean the million little red herrings that serve only to operate as red herrings and don't make logical sense otherwise, although the genes thing is weird on thematic level. Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret? They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record? Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer? Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures? Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious? Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately? Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

It's whatever though. Bring on the avatar.

Would you like an SS avatar or a Sakura avatar?

Would you like an SS avatar or a Sakura avatar?

I guess I dislike Sakura more than I dislike Sakura and Sasuke as a thing, so a purely Sakura one would annoy me more if I'm being honest XD

ED: That said, Anime Pairing avatars are pretty rough to sport involuntarily in general, so it's not like there's not angst from that too :p

I think there is some appeal to her ordinary background in terms of lineage because it's refreshing in a world where nearly everybody that is somebody hails from some long, proud lineage of shinobi with special techniques. The problem is that Kishi did very little with it.

I always thought her crush on Sasuke was really just an extension of her rivalry with Ino, a means for her to channel her own desire to break free from her shadow and for once not lose to her, with the ultimate endgame being that Sakura realised friendship was more important over a superficial crush that made no sense whatsoever, and gew up, thus becoming a better person. But, unfortunately, by whatever twisted logic he came up with, Kishimoto went with it, validating every asinine aspect of her relationship with Sasuke, and then handwaved Naruto's involvement in the love triangle with that same extension of rivalry, only this time it didn't make any sense whatsoever.

It's because Kishimoto didn't let Sakura grow out of her crush and pretty much defined her by it that everything she did made her hated. She was fine when Sasuke was out of the picture, but whenever he was in it or was brought up, every meritorious aspect about her flew out of the window.

I thought she changed in Part 2 but when they met the Sauce again she went back to her usual self

glad Naruto left the drama and took a 12 year Vacation from all of it

Yado

nnn at the UNS4 promo referring to Sarada as SS's kid and Bolt as just Naruto's. Hopefully Himawari can escape the shadow of her mother's irrelevance.

CDiggity

All I will say is that any story where the narrative of the discussion is about who should end up dating/fucking who, it's not a very well written story.

ghstwrld

but this is basically what happens during the chunin exams; Kishi even includes a the whole bit with their head gear and Sakura's promise to become a full fledged ninja

T'Zariah

Banned
All I will say is that any story where the narrative of the discussion is about who should end up dating/fucking who, it's not a very well written story.

Well, I'd say Naruto is pretty unique in that regard. No other shonen manga (or manga in general) comes close to the shipping wars.

The only series that could even come close are western ones (Harry Potter, Twilight, ATLA)

captainpat

I dunno about well-written but I know that I and whole bunch of other people were thoroughly entertained.

Stop feigning ignorance. Thats not what the story is about. I already told you guys what the message Kishi was sending is.

You see though, looking through the past 50 pages, it seems these very same posters are the ones that were so interested in if Sakura and Sasuke's relationship, in Sasuke and Karin relationship (lol) and were basically embarrassing themselves.

This is simply the consequence of that.

CDiggity

I dunno about well-written but I know that I and whole bunch of other people were thoroughly entertained.

Oh absolutely, there are plenty of sub-par written things which are thoroughly entertaining. It's just that the writer did a poor job of making the reader invest in the non-shipping related plot.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not this particular story, but shipping talk is overblown. Hilarious and popcorn munching fun, but overblown.

captainpat

Oh absolutely, there are plenty of sub-par written things which are thoroughly entertaining. It's just that the writer did a poor job of making the reader invest in the plot.

I dunno about that. Sasuke and Sakura's relationship was a huge part of the plot and people were definitely invested in that.

Stop feigning ignorance. Thats not what the story is about. I already told you guys what the message Kishi was sending is.

You see though, looking through the past 50 pages, it seems these very same posters are the ones that were so interested in if Sakura and Sasuke's relationship, in Sasuke and Karin relationship (lol) and were basically embarrassing themselves.

This is simply the consequence of that.

Ehh, at least with respect to the ending of the actual series, Kishi leaned in crazy hard on the pairing nonsense. I felt it really took away from the conclusion of the series to have so much focus be on who screwed who rather than celebrating actual character arcs/development, or even just showcasing the changes over time. And assuming this gaiden ends with something like Sarada saying she doesn't care only to have someone prove it anyway, it makes the genetic overtones less impactful.

Can someone PM spoilers link plz

Sakura is the biological mother

Color page is Uchiha family

The shins are in the orphanage with Kabuto and his "brother"

Sasuke hugs Sarada then pokes her forehead.

Boruto is in the chapter.

Chouji is slim...ChouChou didn't knew it was his father.

I don't see any graduation...

No headbands...

Did Karin appear?
Yes and she's talking with Suigetsu about the umbilical cord.

Does Naruto do anything Rai?
Glare and TnJ?

Kurama scares the shit out of Shin jr.

Correction - Color page is Uchiha family photo and Sarada smiling

19 Pages...

With no graduation, I have no idea how anyone is relevant in this Gaiden
Sarada was talking with Boruto.

Don't ask me about what.

Uchiha family is having dinner.

All those question about How Karin have the umbilical cord...etc

Wait for the chapter.

Ino is in the chapter.

Sakura gives Sasuke a bento (Uchiha)

Rai are the movie villains or anything related to the Kaguya threat hinted at?

Nope.

Nothing.

Here you go

Ehh, at least with respect to the ending of the actual series, Kishi leaned in crazy hard on the pairing nonsense. I felt it really took away from the conclusion of the series to have so much focus be on who screwed who rather than celebrating actual character arcs/development, or even just showcasing the changes over time. And assuming this gaiden ends with something like Sarada saying she doesn't care only to have someone prove it anyway, it makes the genetic overtones less impactful.

Genetic overtones......

I'll spill:

So far this entire gaiden has focused on the biological relation between a mother and her child. This lady in the photo, she has the same glasses as me, is she my real mother?( I don't even want to know the logic behind that statement) The DNA test tells me your not my real mother!

Shin goes on about how children are nothing more than a way for genes to continue to exist. The connection between a parent and child is painted as one that is purely biological, to ensure the survival of the fittest. Is that what a child really is, a way for a species to continue or is there more?

Kishimoto has said that the Naruto manga has always been about connections/bonds. This new series he wants to:

write on elements such as the concrete DNA of those who are connected, and their feelings…those who are connected are the same. In contrast to a DNA connection, what has been inherited, and how?

What does Sakura say, in response to Shin? "You have no idea what it means to be a parent and what humans hold dear.."
Sakura is Sarada's biological mother but thats not the point, thats not the reason Sarada thinks of Sakura as her "mama" or Sakura thinks of Sarada as her "beloved daughter". They are mother and daughter due to the emotional bond they share not due to their biological bond.

Yeah like you guys would have listened.

After Kishimoto outright said Sarada is the daughter born between Sakura and Sasuke, after reading 700 chapters of the original manga, after the obvious trolling Kishi employed (ahem ChoCho), after me telling you all this for 10 weeks......you still did not listen did you?

d) Sarada and ChoCho friendship is awesome

true it is genuine

After Kishimoto outright said Sarada is the daughter born between Sakura and Sasuke, after reading 700 chapters of the original manga, after the obvious trolling Kishi employed (ahem ChoCho), after me telling you all this for 10 weeks......you still did not listen did you?

hey I said it wasn't going to happen didn't I ;)

T'Zariah

Banned

Why are you more concerned about being right, rather than it being complete shit?

Such a strange character you are.

Frog-fu

Banned
I thought she changed in Part 2 but when they met the Sauce again she went back to her usual self

glad Naruto left the drama and took a 12 year Vacation from all of it

She always regressed when meeting Sasuke, yes, but imo Kishimoto hit the reset button in 699 when Sasuke went off on his redemption journey. Just compare her in 699 to her younger self in chapter 3. They're the exact same person.

but this is basically what happens during the chunin exams; Kishi even includes a the whole bit with their head gear and Sakura's promise to become a full fledged ninja

Yes and no. Sakura rekindled her friendship with Ino, but not so much because she realised friendship > rivalry or friendship > crush. Ino acknowledged her as her equal, which is what Sakura always wanted, but she didn't drop that silly crush on Sasuke. Kishimoto did the opposite, he doubled down on its stupidity. The scummier Sasuke was towards her, the worse it reflected on her.

She always regressed when meeting Sasuke, yes, but imo Kishimoto hit the reset button in 699 when Sasuke went off on his redemption journey. Just compare her in 699 to her younger self in chapter 3. They're the exact same person.

The reason for this is that Sasuke actually said something positive back to her

after she's been craving it for so long

she was overly didcated and bam she saw a hint of progress which made her want some more
this is the girl that is statisfied with a forhead poke regardless that she never knew anything about Itachi compared to Naruto and Kakashi but somehow believed she was oh so important to Sasuke in Shippuden

Why are you more concerned about being right, rather than it being complete shit?

Such a strange character you are.

I guess this thread is full of strange characters then, celebrating that Karin is the mom in a vain attempt to spite Sakura, making ridiculous theories just because I don't like these characters etc etc you can read the pages before.

Heh if only they knew who the joke was really on.

People like Sarada but her destiny is slowly being decided

at least if Karin was the mother Kishi could've still did something due to dna potential
but Sarada not having any trump card is unfortunate and what is more unfortunate is that Sakura is going to force her to go down the lame path of a medical nin

Sasuke training only Boruto doesn't help either..... her destiny is being sealed to averageness

Only Realtalker can some how spin having insane regen tech and super human strength as a disadvantage because......because Sakura.

You know, some of you guys complain about tumblr, but from some of the stuff I see you say......its not that different at all.

Yado

at least if Karin was the mother Kishi could've still did something due to dna potential
but Sarada not having any trump card is unfortunate and what is more unfortunate is that Sakura is going to force her to go down the lame path of a medical nin

Sasuke training only Boruto doesn't help either..... her destiny is being sealed to averageness

You think one of Kishi's beloved Uchihas is going to be average? Sasuke's offspring? Lol
Even if she was a clone of Sakura with no Uchiha perks she would still be above average. Average is like...team Kurenai tier.

CDiggity

Ok, that statement is kinda crap. But I will say that she needs to develop something unique or different with regards to techniques because nobody likes a clone character. This is applicable to all the spawns.

Yado

Yeah because Kishi loves focusing on Sakura and her abilities so much he's going to reincarnate her in Sarada.

he could play the whole kids of the past following there parents foot steps

The Sauce currently is occupied so who else fills the void....... she can't learn any Uchiha tech if the Uchiha ain't around

What did the last chapter just show? Oh look, Sarada used the sharingan to dodge the weapon and then used chakra enhanced strength.

Hmmmm its almost as if she just used something from Sasuke and Sakura in that move.

Top Bottom