• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Nightbird

A shame that Kishi bailed out. But it was fun while it lasted. I guess this is goodbye for real. Naruto is now completely over as a Manga. I totally expect part 3 to be Anime only though.

captainpat

Does that mean, by extension, Kurama is getting in on some Hinata action too?

tumblr_inline_nqoxcckadV1rcli4m_500.png

Well, it stands to reason

DJwest

-lol at big Shin being alone outside.
-Uchiha kids under Kabuto's care, what could go wrong?
-Sarada wants to become Hokage, Tobirama rolling in his grave ;-)
-Naruto traumatizing the kidos with some chakra, badass.
-Sasuke still doesn't have a left arm, does he?
-Where the hell are you going again Sasuke ? And you better get Sakura pregnant again if you want to revive your clan.

Conclusion: We want Part 3, Kishi !

Erigu

Gotta lol @ Naruto and co allowing a heavily pregnant Sakura to go looking for Sasuke.
Well, since Naruto apparently thought Karin could be the mother, I guess he didn't see Sakura when she was pregnant.
... So Sakura chased Sasuke while pregnant for months.

And of course, Sasuke leaves again, because, hey, gotta be far away to find other dimensions. Makes sense, right? Right.

Frog-fu

Banned
Well, since Naruto apparently thought Karin could be the mother, I guess he didn't see Sakura when she was pregnant.
... So Sakura chased Sasuke while pregnant for months.

And of course, Sasuke leaves again, because, hey, gotta be far away to find other dimensions. Makes sense, right? Right.

Surely he would have noticed her absence and eventual come to put two and two together while she getting along with her pregnancy? If not him, Ino, or Tsunade, or whoever Sakura would've been close to.

phaze

giving Kabuto his own clone army of eye-hax kids sounds like a really bad idea

Konoha is a village build on bad ideas.

Well the entire story was poorly contrived, yet still predictable nonsense but I guess it gave me some laughs. Someone pls burn down Kishi's desk so that he can't ruin this universe even more.

Khezu

Well that was disappointing.
I would have at least liked some insane crazy reason as to why the DNA mixup happened.
Karin just randomly having Saradas cord is boring.

Uchiha drama was fun well it lasted, that entire relationship is still completely fucked though.

The Kurama panel was legit.

Erigu

Surely he would have noticed her absence and eventual come to put two and two together while she getting along with her pregnancy?
Well, he did, obviously? He always (correctly) assumed Sarada was Sasuke's and Sakura's kid.
But would he be so quick to believe Suigetsu if he had seen Sakura while she was pregnant? So yeah: looks like a pregnant Sakura chased Sasuke for months.

aww I wish it hadn't ended, Naruto's scene was the highlight for me lol

but yay happy ending for the Uchia family

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_d2vxuscnvzsww4sw88gwc84kk_640.png

I also found this picture which gave me huge feels...

superthumb.jpg

on with the Boruto Movie!

phaze

So why did Shin even care about Itachi ? Or about the revival of Akatsuki ? And where did these mini-ten tails came from ? Is he even kill or did they just left him there ?

rambis

Banned
Man how the hell is Kabuto not locked up, dude's partly responsible for killing 40000 ninja.

You can get away with anything in Naruto, the Hokage will give you your old job back and let you do whatever you want with some light surveillance. Tobirama rolling in his grave at this shit.

Sarada's a great character, I'd prefer to keep following her instead of Boruto honestly.
Wasn't the point of the alliance for all shinobi to join together and forgive each other for past deeds? If sasuke can go after Kage and still be accepted then surely kabuto can.

Village

You think one of Kishi's beloved Uchihas is going to be average? Sasuke's offspring? Lol
The eyes let you cause horrible psychological trauma to folk, with out moving

Sasuke training only Boruto doesn't help either..... her destiny is being sealed to averageness

The reason sasuke i tasked with training him is because he's half irrelevant jobber ninja, and it needs to be trained out of him.

Sakura on a bad day, which is almost everyday lets be honest. its still pupul to a hokage and has legit super stregnth

If you guys don't know Kishi has announced he is retiring as a manga artist. Gaiden will be the last series he draws. This is his last panel

tumblr_inline_nqusi3Y6EY1qioqmx_540.png

(notice he says draw though ;) )

rrc1594

Well maybe he can focus on being a better writer He has great ideas just doesn't feel cohesive. Love this art tho, sad to see it go.

I want to wait for better translations to go more detailed into this chapter and series. I would say this series showed Kishi's greatest weakness but it also emphasised his greatest strength and really its that strength thats going to last. A fitting end.

So in the end Naruto Gaiden was a complete waste of time, it didn't even have a funny/bad explanation of why Sakura is the mother but Sarada looks like Karin, or why they hid the team sasuke photo, or why the entire village acted dodgy around the whole "who is my mother" thing. Hell even the theme of "bonds make family not blood" is pointless as that doesn't apply to Sarada at all. Hack fraud is a hack fraud

Erigu

Guys that was a mistranslation.
Sasuke and Sakura travelled together
Did you actually read that somewhere, or did you just make that up?
It's not a mistranslation:
サクラはサスケを追いかけて一緒に旅してた時期があってウチのアジトでサラダちゃん産まれたんだから!

Wasn't the point of the alliance for all shinobi to join together and forgive each other for past deeds?
It was to defeat Akatsuki, really...

If you guys don't know Kishi has announced he is retiring as a manga artist.
[citation needed]
I think that sounds suspiciously like that quote they've been using for months for the next movie, and it wasn't saying anything about him retiring.

rrc1594

So in the end Naruto Gaiden was a complete waste of time, it didn't even have a funny/bad explanation of why Sakura is the mother but Sarada looks like Karin, or why they hid the team sasuke photo, or why the entire village acted dodgy around the whole "who is my mother" thing. Hell even the theme of "bonds make family not blood" is pointless as that doesn't apply to Sarada at all. Hack fraud is a hack fraud

Naruto's whole theme of "underdog" was a fraud. You should be use to not getting your answers.

Lexxism

Lmao Kishi. No explanation why Sasuke was away for more than a decade? What a terrible writer. Also, Sugetsu's DNA test was accurate too. To think someone here was making fun of it lololol

captainpat

Thinking about it, I should give kishi more credit for that dna test, because when the result came up as "perfect match" I just thought he it was just he didn't know much about DNS and genes.

CDiggity

That chapter...wasn't very good. Rushed as all hell. Kurama was cool though.

Also, Metal Lee? I'm am debating whether that is the best or the lamest name ever...leaning towards lame.

kewlmyc

For a side story, this was pretty entertaining. Still not a fan of the Sasuke/Sakura pairing, seems one sided still, but whatever. Sarada is a pretty likable character. Hopefully Boruto the Movie is good.

Did you actually read that somewhere, or did you just make that up?
It's not a mistranslation:

It was to defeat Akatsuki, really...

[citation needed]
I think that sounds suspiciously like that quote they've been using for months for the next movie, and it wasn't saying anything about him retiring.

Just saw this:

Screen_Shot_2015_07_02_at_12_12_01.jpg

And they both got it wrong, apparently:

"There was a time when Sakura went after Sasuke and joined him in his travels, and she gave birth to Sarada-chan in my hideout!"

So yeah, like I said (weeks ago lol).

T'Zariah

Banned
So many plot holes and illogical inconsistencies, here.

Again, red herrings need to have a POINT in the story, not just forced drama.

Top Bottom