• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Erigu

Just saw this:
Screen_Shot_2015_07_02_at_12_12_01.jpg
That's quite the BS translation.
And they both got it wrong, apparently:
"There was a time when Sakura went after Sasuke and joined him in his travels, and she gave birth to Sarada-chan in my hideout!"
Wrong as well.
As said above, the first translation got it right: Sakura was looking for Sasuke and traveling with Karin.

EDIT: Or maybe not... Gah, fuck you and your shitty Japanese, Kishimoto.

That's quite the BS translation.

Wrong as well.
As said above, the first translation got it right: Sakura was looking for Sasuke and traveling with Karin.

EDIT: Or maybe not... Gah, fuck you and your shitty Japanese, Kishimoto.

"There was a time when Sakura went after Sasuke and joined him in his travels, and she gave birth to Sarada-chan in my hideout!"

Mangastream messed up as well.

Some comments from 2ch after the raws came out:

やっぱり日本語良いな
サスサク二人旅が大変萌える

Like I thought, in Japanese it's better.
SasuSaku going on a trip with just the two of them is very moe.

やっぱ旅の途中でできた子だったのかー

As I thought... was she conceived in the middle of their journey?

やっぱこれサスサクが旅してたんじゃを

As I thought... SasuSaku were traveling together, right?

ん?カリンとじゃなくてサスサクが二人旅じゃないのかこれは

...nh? So it wasn't with Karin, SasuSaku were traveling together alone, right?

サスサクが旅してたんだね
たまらんな

SasuSaku went traveling together, eh...
I can't get enough of this.

パンダのは誤訳だったみたいだよ

Seems like Panda mistranslated, eh...

なんだよw
サスサク旅してんじゃんw

What's this... (lmao)
SasuSaku went traveling together, didn't they!

サスサク二人旅ください

Give me SasuSaku's journey together, plz.

サラダが産まれるまでは二人で旅してたのかいいねぇ
その時の小説とかあったらいいのに

So they were travelling together until Sarada was born, eh... good.
I'd like a novel about that time.

日本語だとサスサク旅に読める、英語に直す時ややこしいかもねこれだとw

According to the Japanese, you can see that SasuSaku went on a journey together... though when converted to English, it was kind of puzzling. (lmao)

ただいまサクラの後、ふたたび旅に出たサスケを追いかけてったのかな?

So after that 'tadaima', she chased after Sasuke when he went away again for his journey?

追いかけることに関してサラダとサクラ比べたら駄目だろ

When it comes to going after him, Sarada and Sakura are both hopeless, aren't they?

Erigu

Dude, I don't care about your translations, I can read Japanese.
Point is, Kishimoto's Japanese sucks. He went with:
サクラはサスケを追いかけて一緒に旅してた時期が
... when he really should have used either "サクラはサスケと一緒に旅してた時期が" (if she was traveling with Sasuke) or "サクラとはサスケを追いかけて一緒に旅してた時期が" (if she was traveling with Karin).
Did Kishimoto forget a "と"? Or did he add an unnecessary and confusing "追いかけて"? As it is, that line is super awkward, and even Japanese readers don't know what to make of it.

Jigolo

Page 2 & 3 hit me with so much nostalgia. Back when Kurama placed fear in everyone Naruto fought as a child. God that was awesome

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Neeeeeeeeed a part 3, because Boruto and co. are way more interesting than their parents. Sorry, Naruto.

Trey

That chapter...wasn't very good. Rushed as all hell. Kurama was cool though.

Also, Metal Lee? I'm am debating whether that is the best or the lamest name ever...leaning towards lame.

Lmao Kishi. No explanation why Sasuke was away for more than a decade? What a terrible writer. Also, Sugetsu's DNA test was accurate too. To think someone here was making fun of it lololol

Naruto's whole theme of "underdog" was a fraud. You should be use to not getting your answers.

So in the end Naruto Gaiden was a complete waste of time, it didn't even have a funny/bad explanation of why Sakura is the mother but Sarada looks like Karin, or why they hid the team sasuke photo, or why the entire village acted dodgy around the whole "who is my mother" thing. Hell even the theme of "bonds make family not blood" is pointless as that doesn't apply to Sarada at all. Hack fraud is a hack fraud

Well that was disappointing.
I would have at least liked some insane crazy reason as to why the DNA mixup happened.
Karin just randomly having Saradas cord is boring.

Uchiha drama was fun well it lasted, that entire relationship is still completely fucked though.

The Kurama panel was legit.

I just mean the million little red herrings that serve only to operate as red herrings and don't make logical sense otherwise (although the genes thing is weird on thematic level depending on how it plays out exactly). Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret? They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record? Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer? Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures? Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious? Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately? Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

Use that time to do actual character development rather than just pointlessly troll. It's whatever though. Bring on the avatar.

im%20ready_zpsm8v8y7wh.gif

Eyup. This short series was a misstep, if you ask me. It could have really focused on the concept of family, and through that theme could Sasuke's and Naruto's character arcs across the series be consolidated and neatly tied up.

But nothing interesting occurs on that front. Indeed the both of them seem to have not progressed one bit after having children and taking on the stress of adult life.

Sarada is the best thing about this little arc, but so much of what surrounds her story is truly bullshit. Not even the charmingly goofy variety, but the nonsensical strain that hangs above the plot like an acid raincloud. Her character can not escape the stupidity that surrounds her at all times, where contrived events would be undone in the next chapter, when the simplest thing was always available and for some reason never said.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I was actually super-disappointed when Kishi didn't end the final Naruto/Sasuke fight (or at least the Kaguya fight) with one of those multi-shot angled three-panel dealies he used to do a lot earlier in the manga, I thought it woulda been a perfect callback.

BUT, what do you know, here we have it in the True final chapter, and it's a multi-shot angled three-panel of family love. ;_;

Joni

Looking back at the chapter, Naruto made Konoha even stronger again. If Sasuke, Naruto and the loyalty of the tailed beasts wasn't enough, they now have hundreds of MS-capable Sharingan kids. They're rebuilding the Konoha dictatorship over other countries.

I was actually super-disappointed when Kishi didn't end the final Naruto/Sasuke fight (or at least the Kaguya fight) with one of those multi-shot angled three-panel dealies he used to do a lot earlier in the manga, I thought it woulda been a perfect callback.

BUT, what do you know, here we have it in the True final chapter, and it's a multi-shot angled three-panel of family love. ;_;

:)

The last page got me emotional. Seeing Sasuke, Sakura and Sarada together and happy, reading Kishi's farewell message ;_____; and then Sarada's smile:

tumblr_nquhikoAr71s923i3o1_500.png

I thought it was fine. I enjoyed this mini series overall. I need a part 3 so bad.

I get why some didn't love this mini series but some of these reasons I'm reading above are pretty ridiculous. No explanation for why the kid looks like Karin? If you ask me she just looks like Sasuke. No explanation for the photo? It's just a sad moment showing that Sakura clearly has no new photos of her, Sasuke, and Sarada.

The explanation for why Sasuke has been gone for so long was given. He was fighting the evils of the world or some shit. To extrapolate on that would require way more than a 10 chapter mini series. Which I hope we get!

There doesn't seem to be a DNA mixup and Karin doesn't just randomly have the cord. She gave birth in that hideout. The very one they were standing in. That's the reason.

Also the only thing that would have made Bolt's reaction more perfect would be if he said "Hokage? ...The fuck outa here".

I don't want to get back into arguing about the minutia, but it makes zero sense for Karin to have the cord when the entire cultural respect for the umbilical cord is about having the mother/child keep it as a symbol of their relationship (as I understand it anyway, feel free to correct, but I doubt there is a 'midwife keeps the cord' tradition).

Erigu

it makes zero sense for Karin to have the cord when the entire cultural respect for the umbilical cord is about having the mother/child keep it as a symbol of their relationship (as I understand it anyway, feel free to correct, but I doubt there is a 'midwife keeps the cord' tradition).
The entire thing was contrived, every step of the way.

Yado

she kept the cord to facilitate trolling, if this gaiden wasn't rife with illogical moments it would have been over in one chapter

Igo

Well that was a complete waste of time. All the family drama and Uchina garbage was tiresome. Without that one Bolt panel at the end there I think i'd be really down on the coming movie.

The prospect of Bolt not wanting to follow in his father's footsteps and aspiring to something completely different, or maybe even greater, does interest me though. Give me bolt leaving the village on some self-discovery walkabout adventure and you've sold me on a third series.

Yado

I'm confident Bolt will want to be hokage by the end of the movie. This is Naruto, Bolt won't be heading off into any bold new direction.

ant1532

Banned
Well that was a complete waste of time. All the family drama and Uchina garbage was tiresome. Without that one Bolt panel at the end there I think i'd be really down on the coming movie.

The prospect of Bolt not wanting to follow in his father's footsteps and aspiring to something completely different, or maybe even greater, does interest me though. Give me bolt leaving the village on some self-discovery walkabout adventure and you've sold me on a third series.
sucks you waste your time with stuff you don't like

brinstar

I thought this gaiden was great. The only weird things that stuck out to me this chapter was keeping Kabuto in his creepy snake form and Sasuke not kissing Sakura goodbye.

360pages

It was weird, like...was it going to break Sarada's mind that she was born outside of the village? And Karin just kept the cord because? It seems like a really random thing to keep since it was obvious that Sakura and Sasuke didn't want it and Karin is over Sasuke to at least a certain extent.

Sakura gets no kiss.

Did Sasuke just bang Sakura and leave without getting married, if not, they where is the wedding photo.

Yado

eh, sasuke is not the pda type, it would be out of character for him. & probably too racy for Kishi's delicate sensibilities.

I thought this gaiden was great. The only weird things that stuck out to me this chapter was keeping Kabuto in his creepy snake form and Sasuke not kissing Sakura goodbye.

That was funny as hell

Sakura : kiss me Sasuke face on show
Sasuke : turns around...."see you....I'll be back"

tumblr_inline_nquja6d0Pc1sq7s6y_540.png

Did not expect him to be such a tease lol

eh, sasuke is not the pda type, it would be out of character for him. & probably too racy for Kishi's delicate sensibilities.

its not about it being racy. He's drawn naked girls and guys on each other in the manga and he's even hinted at sex in this manga....iirc he says he fees incredibly embarrassed drawing his characters kissing because they are like children to him. We haven't got a single proper kiss drawn by him in the manga as a result. Its not a big deal and he's gotten around it by writing about other ways characters show affection and love.

Nocebo

Dude, I don't care about your translations, I can read Japanese.
Point is, Kishimoto's Japanese sucks. He went with:

... when he really should have used either "サクラはサスケと一緒に旅してた時期が" (if she was traveling with Sasuke) or "サクラとはサスケを追いかけて一緒に旅してた時期が" (if she was traveling with Karin).
Did Kishimoto forget a "と"? Or did he add an unnecessary and confusing "追いかけて"? As it is, that line is super awkward, and even Japanese readers don't know what to make of it.
Why would "or "サクラとはサスケを追いかけて一緒に旅してた時期が" (if she was traveling with Karin)." imply she was traveling with Karin?
Also if you leave out 追いかけて you would lose the "went/chased after" and it would mean they were traveling together from the beginning.

Shouta

giving Kabuto his own clone army of eye-hax kids sounds like a really bad idea

Not really? He reformed at the end of Naruto. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have been able to break the Izanami that was placed on him. He took over the orphanage like he intended after breaking that jutsu, so he's on the up and up.

Man I looooved the Gaiden arc. Those of you getting tied up with the plot fallacies and the red herrings are completely missing the point. The character dynamics and interaction here was straight up gold. It makes me pang for a slice of life style show in the Narutoverse in Part 3 just to see these guys interact. I couldn't care less how much the plot makes sense honestly. Why are you guys looking for an airtight story with impeccable writing from a shonen anyway? There are much better sources for that, and frankly stuff like Naruto/DBZ/One Piece completely fall apart under the scrutiny of "good writing". The reason everyone comes back is for the good characters. Besides, Sarada admitted to placing faith on the bond she has with her family over a DNA test, without knowing the true results. She went through her arc, whatever the result ended up being.

Can't wait to see what's next.
That was funny as hell

Sakura : kiss me Sasuke face on show
Sasuke : turns around...."see you....I'll be back"

tumblr_inline_nquja6d0Pc1sq7s6y_540.png

Did not expect him to be such a tease lol

its not about it being racy. He's drawn naked girls and guys on each other in the manga and he's even hinted at sex in this manga....iirc he says he fees incredibly embarrassed drawing his characters kissing because they are like children to him.
We haven't got a single proper kiss drawn by him in the manga as a result.
Its not a big deal and he's gotten around it by writing about other ways characters show affection and love.

naruto+and+sasuke+kiss+manga.jpg

:p

Man I looooved the Gaiden arc. Those of you getting tied up with the plot fallacies and the red herrings are completely missing the point. The character dynamics and interaction here was straight up gold. It makes me pang for a slice of life style show in the Narutoverse in Part 3 just to see these guys interact. I couldn't care less how much the plot makes sense honestly. What the hell are you guys reading a shonen for airtight story/writing anyway? There are much better sources for that, and frankly stuff like Naruto/DBZ/One Piece completely fall apart under the scrutiny of "good writing". The reason everyone comes back is for the good characters.

Can't wait to see what's next.

naruto+and+sasuke+kiss+manga.jpg

:p

oh my god how could I have forgotten xD

Yessss. I'm with you. I love the cast of characters in Naruto and just seeing them interact with each other would be interesting to me.

Top Bottom