• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

I go back and forth on whether I wanted Gai to die there or to live.

If he was going to die I would of preferred if he did some permeant damage to Madara but now that he's alive......well he can meet Lee's kid now :)

Some info on the movie has been trickling down, most interestingly something about Kaguya's castle :

Source Organic Dinosaur from NF

Welp. Maybe the Tale of The Bamboo Cutter is still relevant here.

I wrote in the other discussion thread about Momoshiki's name origins from old Japanese poetry (literature called Makurakotoba (枕詞) ). In kanji, his name could be written as 百石城. (Literally 'A one-hundred stone palace', but still pronounced as Momoshiki), but the meaning actually refers to an 'Imperial Palace'.

In the legend, Kaguya was given the feathered robe (the 'Hagoromo') before she was taken back to the Imperial Capital of the celestial moon people.

I'm not terribly surprised that Momoshiki has some business with Kaguya's castle/palace/fortress whatever thing.

Are these the people Sasuke was referring to in Gaiden.....I dunno.

Thoughts on character designs:

Sakura : looks pretty, Kishi's gaiden design is still better.
Sasuke : Looks smart, definitely not for the occasion
Sarada and Boruto : not much change from gaiden. Bolt's hairstyle is still uuuugh.
Naruto : thats Naruto and I feel like he looked tougher in Gaiden.
Hinata : what have they done to her outfit lol.....

Tenten : still cute

SP designs are actually okay this time around but the animation could make it look worse.

Some Promo pics for Restaurant specials

tumblr_nrf3g3NMyf1tltr42o1_500.jpg
tumblr_nrf3g3NMyf1tltr42o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nrf0qbkyrd1u2n4f8o1_400.png
tumblr_nrf1n5KNtB1u0mmu2o1_400.png
lol at Naruto still caring his frog wallet

Sweating over here over the potentially cruddy Eight-Gates Gai VS Six Paths Madara Shippuden episode coming up. My only hope is that there are 2-3 minutes of bad-ass animation handled by a kickass animator, while the rest was set aside for the C-team. Those previews didn't look too hot.

Sweating over here over the potentially cruddy Eight-Gates Gai VS Six Paths Madara Shippuden episode coming up. My only hope is that there are 2-3 minutes of bad-ass animation handled by a kickass animator, while the rest was set aside for the C-team. Those previews didn't look too hot.

I don't blame you, they went super cheap on the full 9-tail form unleashing. It looked like a piece of crap.

I also watched the preview, and I am not exactly optimistic. Gai vs Madara is the episode I have anticipated the most, and it looks like it will merely be average animation wise. However, I am almost certain that CC2 will do the fight justice in UNS4. The action is always top tier in their boss fights, especially those that are taijutsu based!

Welp, there aren't any notable animators on it.

SP just keeps getting worse. Months of fillers and for what....just to butcher Kishi's art and one of the best moments in Shippuuden.

Sometimes I wish Naruto was given to a different studio. A more consistent one that doesn't change the artist's vision so much.

The last straw is the Naruto vs Sasuke fight. If they fuck that up, I'm going to join the bandwagon of people saying the games CC2 makes are better than the anime.

360pages

Welp, there aren't any notable animators on it.

SP just keeps getting worse. Months of fillers and for what....just to butcher Kishi's art and one of the best moments in Shippuuden.

Sometimes I wish Naruto was given to a different studio. A more consistent one that doesn't change the artist's vision so much.

The last straw is the Naruto vs Sasuke fight. If they fuck that up, I'm going to join the bandwagon of people saying the games CC2 makes are better than the anime.

I will say the games are a better adaptation most of the time. Sure we miss a lot of cool moments, but so much filler is cut and it makes a lot of interesting moments even better.

smfh, can't believe they're gonna skimp out on that fight, fuck Kaguya, give Gai that good animation.

Khezu

All the SP designs look too young.

Best thing about the Gaiden outside of all the fun drama, was Naruto and Sasuke looking like grown ass men.

SP makes them look like really large 12 year olds.

Mendrox

Sakura looks really sexy in the manga. I hate her anime design. Sarada looks totally different... well everyone looks different and too young.

It will always be tougher for a studio handling a popular shonen to give the love and care to the animation we see from the equivalent still images in the manga on their budget and schedule. Besides the plethora of experienced to inexperienced animators interpreting the designs, some changes may have come from the desire to make things more animatable, or to reduce the line-milage plaguing many of the designs. Kishi himself has admitted he regrets his designs for the Jounin flak-jackets/curse marks for being so hard to animate.

I hope this post comes off as less apologist for SP and more just a lens as to why we get what we get :/

MILF Sakura is gone ;___;
Look what they have done to Mitsuki ;___;

Yeah, all the characters look younger.

The problem is SP. There is no excuse. What they do is look at Kishi's designs (which aren't hard to translate into animation style wise and they have done it before) and then use their own artists to make the final character designs. You would think they would try and stick to Kishi's art but they like to change it.

They also have no excuse for the Gai vs Madara fight. How months of fillers did we have to sit through?

I really hope the movie has a lot of casual/fun interactions between the adult versions of everyone.

But I guess Boruto will mark end of Naruto Part 3?
Until Pierrot catches up to the manga and creates it's own Naruto:GT?

CDiggity

So all of the children take after their fathers? Classic. Hell I would have thought the same about Salad if we didn't get that ground punch in the gaiden.

One more reason to be Team Mitsuki since I don't know anything about him.

So all of the children take after their fathers? Classic. Hell I would have thought the same about Salad if we didn't get that ground punch in the gaiden.

One more reason to be Team Mitsuki since I don't know anything about him.

Welcome to the Best Team.... allied with TeamBolt
seeing as Prodigy teams stick together

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2pjuzk/new_footage_just_aired_about_the_last_from/cmxeb10
  • Kishimoto had no idea about Kabuto as a character when he first created him, to the point that Kabuto's VA was asking him, "Um... how do I act this guy?"
  • Also, the second
  • part of the manga wasn't really planned from the beginning (except that Sasuke and Naruto would fight at the end.)
  • Kishimoto ended up regretting deciding on Kage Bunshin as Naruto's signature move because it was so annoying/difficult to draw (like, "Why the hell did I decide to do this?!")... but he liked Shikamaru's Kagemane because all you need to draw is two characters with a dark line connecting them and the pose just ends up reversed, so it's super easy. They ended up speculating if Kishimoto was a masochist-type because of all the group scenes he drew, even if they only had one word bubble.
  • the name Kishimoto gave to Gaara at first was... Koutarou. His editor made him change it. (The joke here is that Koutarou is kind of lame and wimpy.)
  • Kishimoto's favourite character is Naruto. As for the girls, "Well, I created them so... to say I have one I like is kind of... weird/creepy... but I guess, Hinata." Hosts: "If someone had asked him that at the beginning it would've been really easy to guess the end (pairing-wise)!"
  • wow that opening is boss.
  • Kishimoto was inspired by Dragonball, Akira, Slam Dunk.
  • the hosts had some ideas about what they wanted Kishimoto to write: how each of the
  • members of Akatsuki turned out the way they did and the stories of all the Jinchuuriki
  • and the tailed beasts that weren't shown in the manga. "Man, they looked really cool though."

Kishi is going to open the flame wars with this bit
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54000056&postcount=1333
Interviewer: "Who is your favourite character in Naruto?"

Taniguchi: "It's Hinata."

Kishimoto: "Eh, you like big-breasted girls?" (laugh)

Taniguchi: "It's not that." (laugh) "I like the fact that at the beginning she was a weakling, but due to Naruto's influence she steadily became strong."

Kishimoto: "That's because Hinata doesn't stand at the main character's side like normal heroines*... she's the type that watches him from the shadows."

Interviewer: "I thought the heroine was Sakura?"

Kishimoto: "That's right. But Sakura is addicted to Sasuke." (laugh) "The reason why Hinata came to like Naruto is clear, but I've deliberately avoided writing down the reason why Sakura came to like Sasuke." (laugh) "That's because somehow, I had the feeling that it would conversely end up sounding contrived."

* Here in the sense of 'main character's love interest', obviously... since Taniguchi was talking about her connection to Naruto.

To ease the pain for people who take this too seriously here is two cool figurines

with more cool stuff here
http://news.mynavi.jp/photo/news/2015/07/16/764/images/050l.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hinata's boobs are main character point in Kishi's mind. Looking at Tsunade and Samui, this doesn't surprise me.

^^^^
lol that and....
the words "addicting" and "contrived" for Sakura's love for the Sauce

the band's fav characters are: Hinata, Chouji , Lee and Itachi

Top Bottom