• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Joni

Their team does sound a little OP

He was always in the top 5

They made balanced teams, and then they put Team 10 together because their parents were together. And the other teams are more like two scrubs and one talent: Shino with Hinata and Kiba; Sasuke with Naruto and Sakura, Neji with Tenten and Lee.

Sai

Team 8's one thing, but Sakura was among the top when it came to knowledge and practicals, while Tenten was some kind of ningu prodigy.

Village

Late on a bunch of stuff, don't post in this thread enough

1) I actually like how folk look in the movie... except naruto.

2) Everyone looks cooler than their parents and I am now upset i can never watch a regular anime with them instead. Yet anyway.

3) I took a break from bleach, they decided to catch up with bleach. Naruto's quality went up, after doing that.

It's effective, but it's boring.

how is the sharingan boring?

Oh hold on, let me stand here and look at you whilst I don't follow the rules of the Geneva convention in my mind.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They made balanced teams, and then they put Team 10 together because their parents were together. And the other teams are more like two scrubs and one talent: Shino with Hinata and Kiba; Sasuke with Naruto and Sakura, Neji with Tenten and Lee.
Kiba and Lee scrubs? Did you not watch the Sasuke Retrieval Arc?
Yeah, Lee lost, but in all fairness he was fighting the strongest guy

Joni

Kiba and Lee scrubs? Did you not watch the Sasuke Retrieval Arc?
Yeah, Lee lost, but in all fairness he was fighting the strongest guy
Think about what we know about them at school: Kiba skipped classes with Naruto, Lee didn't manage any Jutsu. They're scrubs like Naruto, Shikimaru, Choji.

^^

Lee a scrub.....what are you smoking

Ehh, keep the Taijutsu to Rock Metal.

2 is better than 1 and I've said it before but I really like Sakura's style of mostly relying on punches. Its like having a boxer in the Narutoverse.

Team 8's one thing, but Sakura was among the top when it came to knowledge and practicals, while Tenten was some kind of ningu prodigy.

Yeah I never understood how placing the top student (Sasuke) alongside the most intelligent student (Sakura/Shikamaru) was fair.

Arabesque

Some more from The Last BD:

There is a small Sasuke scene in the credits this time
with him walking in the desert alone leaving some footprints behind

Drama CD plot is about
Sasuke and Shikamaru being on an undercover mission in a host club

As for the anime episode today, it was actually alright! The first half with the Gai/Madara fight looked much better than the preview lead to believe, and when the two actually fought it looked nice.

The problem was due to how the fight was structured in the manga, there were these very awkward interruptions with Garaa, Lee, Kakashi and Minato spectating and giving commentary, so it lead to the whole thing feeling less urgent and tense than it could've. But there wasn't much they could do about that unless they rearranged the entire sequence of events.

Overall though, the first half was good. It's a pretty okay adaptation of how the fight went down in the manga, and next episode looks okay as well for the final attack. Expecting it it to look decentish to great next episode.

As for the second half, the art was noticeably better and even though there wasn't much to the animation itself, some of the shots looked pretty. I was surprised that they went for a full moon/crescent comparison between Ashura/Indora instead of the Sun/Crescent that the manga had, but I think it made the scene better since it gives the illusion of a more direct stand off between the two and their ideology.

Next episode it looks like there are some interesting shots with the discussion between the Sage and Naruto, but we'll see how it looks.

Lol, maybe I have low standards/expectations. I don't recall seeing anything that stood out to me as particularly bad.

Nah, your standards are pretty normal. The episode looked fine and there wasn't anything too noticeably bad about its art or animation (even if the latter wasn't that stellar in parts). It's just some had expectations that it would look insanely good or something, so anything less than that would be bad in their eyes.

Arabesque

Let's not play around. It looked bad, but Naruto always looks bad.

I'm not. I'm just not being hyperbolic. There were episodes of Naruto that looked godawful, and then there were episodes that looked amazing.

This week's episode was okay, with some good art and a few good looking animation, but not spectacular.

Arabesque

How is saying "it didn't look great" being hyperbolic?

Saying it didn't look great (in comparison to some of the past episodes) is something that we can agree on, in the sense it looked okay throughout and good in some parts.

Saying that it looked bad because Naruto always looked bad is being hyperbolic.

phaze

Lol, maybe I have low standards/expectations. I don't recall seeing anything that stood out to me as particularly bad.

But what looked great ? ;p Or even good.

Or decent.

Nah, your standards are pretty normal. The episode looked fine and there wasn't anything too noticeably bad about its art or animation (even if the latter wasn't that stellar in parts). It's just some had expectations that it would look insanely good or something, so anything less than that would be bad in their eyes.

After an almost full year with no standout episode and with the few good cuts being devoted to Hinata or Lee filler. I don't think it's too much too ask or hope that Pierrot would put a shift here. This whole year has been awfully dreary animation wise, even when compared to just earlier Naruto standards. 2013 had 20 minutes of Madara vs Alliance, which for me, is one of the absolute standouts for the show. We also got the decent Obito vs Naruto&crew fight or Obito vs Mist. Compared to this Pierrot's offering have been miniscule for a long time now.

Today's fight was poor, with no sense of weight or speed and notable fight choregraphy. To a degree the latter would be understandable, if they wanted to keep faithful to manga but animation for the effects of Guy's attacks was subpar to non existent. Couple that with poor direction and effects of adhering to manga and the result was decidedly subpar.

For comparison, this is what filler chunin arc got: http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14013/animated-effects-fighting-hiroyuki_yamashita-narut

Saying it didn't look great (in comparison to some of the past episodes) is something that we can agree on, in the sense it looked okay throughout and good in some parts.

Saying that it looked bad because Naruto always looked bad is being hyperbolic.

Saying Naruto always looks bad is different than saying Naruto always looked bad.

It pretty much does always look bad nowadays. It's hardly a hyperbolic statement.

^^

Kakashi vs Obito was this year wasn't it. Thats was really well done. The reason why SP is lacking more is probably due to the release of two Naruto films. Still to squander such an important moment is very disappointing and just further cements their poor reputation.

Watched it. Animation was mediocre. Weirdly the part with Naruto and So6P had better art.

Welfare

^^

Kakashi vs Obito was this year wasn't it. Thats was really well done. The reason why SP is lacking more is probably due to the release of two Naruto films. Still to squander such an important moment is very disappointing and just further cements their poor reputation.

Watched it. Animation was mediocre. Weirdly the part with Naruto and So6P had better art.

Kakashi vs Obito was last year.

Kakashi vs Obito was last year.

Time sure does fly......

My pixiv blew up. It seems today is Sasuke's birthday hence the influx of art.

My favourites:

tumblr_nrx3gjchFd1urpceho1_540.png

http://n-stoo.tumblr.com/post/124816...happy-birthday

tumblr_nrwcwywU4h1u70ylko3_500.jpg

tumblr_nrwcwywU4h1u70ylko2_500.jpg

tumblr_nrwcwywU4h1u70ylko4_r1_500.jpg

http://makinonh.tumblr.com/

Also Naruto's inauguration chapter is 17 pages long. I think we may finally have an answer to the chronology of certain events. Now that I think of it have we ever seen an inauguration ceremony in Naruto before.....I don't recall any.

Sharpeye

I don't see there being any more new kids from the families.
The new generation is ready to go.

Still salty that Mirai is getting ignored ;____;
I imagine she will either be taking care of the Ino-shika-Cho or being Himawari's personal trainer. She has ties to both team 8 and 10 so who really knows, she does call Shino Uncle buggy which makes him feel old from one of the hidens.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
R̶a̶m̶i̶r̶e̶z̶ Boruto, do everything

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Finally saw The Last.

Thought it was kind of neat how they explained away two of the biggest obstacles to Naruto hooking up with Hinata. Namely, him pursuing Sakura being more a way to try and Show Up Sasuke, since he knew she was into him. And then him being so stupid that he couldn't tell the difference between Hinata saying "I love you" and him thinking "I love ramen." Both really just painting Naruto as a complete moron in all regards BUT, at least they're explanations! I liked their interactions once he had his fevered dream and realized how she felt, some nice Tension in there, some payoff for all those years of him being so sexless, but shit escalated way too fast. Him blurting I Love You basically out of nowhere, then being all "I want to be with you forever" at the end, lord boy you sure run hot and cold huh. Hardly felt earned, seemed out of character. Was nice in the middle at least!

Also Toneri split the fucking moon in half, but hey whatever right. It'll be fine.

Sai

Was that a
Chō Ōdama Rasengan
I saw Boruto with? Kid's a monster; took Naruto a while before he was able to use it without Sennin Mode.

Sarada's gonna need the Mangekyō Sharingan if she wants to be his rival.

Frog-fu

Banned
Finally saw The Last.

Thought it was kind of neat how they explained away two of the biggest obstacles to Naruto hooking up with Hinata. Namely, him pursuing Sakura being more a way to try and Show Up Sasuke, since he knew she was into him. And then him being so stupid that he couldn't tell the difference between Hinata saying "I love you" and him thinking "I love ramen." Both really just painting Naruto as a complete moron in all regards BUT, at least they're explanations! I liked their interactions once he had his fevered dream and realized how she felt, some nice Tension in there, some payoff for all those years of him being so sexless, but shit escalated way too fast. Him blurting I Love You basically out of nowhere, then being all "I want to be with you forever" at the end, lord boy you sure run hot and cold huh. Hardly felt earned, seemed out of character. Was nice in the middle at least!

Also Toneri split the fucking moon in half, but hey whatever right. It'll be fine.

This is what really bothered me about The Last.
The movie gutted Naruto like a fish and took away his empathic perception, his defining characteristic, in order to compensate for some weaksauce writing. His explanation for having a crush on Sakura didn't make the any sense whatsoever since Sasuke didn't give a fuck and he clearly stated his reason for crushing on her in the same chapter she was introduced (or the next). Further, his inability to tell the difference between Hinata loving him and loving ramen wasn't just retarded, it was insulting to the fans that actually bothered to read the manga and could clearly tell he understood the gravity of what she was saying at the time she said it.

Finally saw The Last.

Wow. I'm glad I didn't watch this movie. Only Minato and Kushina have a decent relationship in this franchise.

yo if Kishi kills of Naruto

I'm going to take this as a joke. Lets forget you ever said this.

Finally saw The Last.

The Naruto thinking " I love you" as ramen is one of the biggest disservices the Last does.

Naruto's not an idiot. He knows what love is, the significance of it, and how far people will go for the ones they love. I guess they couldn't accept that Naruto did not exactly make a reply to Hinata's vow for hundreds of chapters.

1) there's more important matters at hand
2) Naruto may not feel he was ready to make a reply.

About the space fight, tenseigan and recent developments:

Tbh, I'm not sure I like this Naruto where everything just comes from the space clan. Wasn't Toneri meant to be the last one......looks we got more coming from another dimension in Boruto. It looks like an easy way to just poop out villains, if you know what I mean. Doesn't help that Sasuke's mission on this is not even delved into.

On the other hand I really like the technology advancing aspect in the new era. I think they could have some interesting stuff from that, instead of relying on space clan. Although, now that I think about it, such a thing may be better exposed in a long arc rather than through a singular movie.

Damn son...that trailer. How can Bolt even compete in a Chunin exam without straight murdering these other kids. Or maybe he trains after the attack.

Khezu

Thinking about it, Tenseigan is probably the dojutsu I dislike the least.

It's powers make sense unlike the Rinnegan, it isn't useless like the Bakuygan, and isn't powered by plot no jutsu like the Sharingan.

3 Tomoe Sharingan would be the best, but MS exists and just brings the whole thing down.

Sai

Tenseigan grants a chakra mode. How does that make sense? :p

I was slightly more accepting of it when I was under the impression that it was linked to some kind of power source, but that turned out to be completely separate.

Anyways, I'm a bit more excited about hearing details about the Boruto movie than I was about The Last. Probably because it's not all pairing-centric.

Top Bottom