• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Tenseigan grants a chakra mode. How does that make sense? :p

I was slightly more accepting of it when I was under the impression that it was linked to some kind of power source, but that turned out to be completely separate.

Anyways, I'm a bit more excited about hearing details about the Boruto movie than I was about The Last. Probably because it's not all pairing-centric.

I take consolation that we will never see it again.

Khezu

Tenseigan grants a chakra mode. How does that make sense? :p

I was slightly more accepting of it when I was under the impression that it was linked to some kind of power source, but that turned out to be completely separate.

Anyways, I'm a bit more excited about hearing details about the Boruto movie than I was about The Last. Probably because it's not all pairing-centric.

Chakra mode is probably the worst part about it, cause it was ugly.
Power source I don't mind because chakra hasn't been consistent since part 1.

Susanoo being the biggest culprit, never made sense how something that big and powerful enough to be comparable to a tailed beast could be that charka efficient.

I also hope the Tenseigan never shows up again, or the Rinnegan, or MS.

Let Sarada take after uncle Kakashi, and be the next copy ninja.

Khezu

Fixed

Rule of of cool says no whats wrong with you.

Especially when her dad has skeleton hand tech.

You wanna take after kakashi or the guy that was so strong the only thing they could give him is diplomatic immunity, and parole.

Part 1 Kakashi was cooler then anyone, especially end game Sasuke, who just sat around in a giant skeleton monster.

people quoting my mistake even though I corrected myself

T-T

--------------------------------------------------

I want to see Mitsuki's move set.... to bad he won't be in Storm 4

Village

Part 1 Kakashi was cooler then anyone, especially end game Sasuke, who just sat around in a giant skeleton monster.

Short Short , contained version.

I don't think thats the right thing to do, and I don't believe you even believe yourself.

If you suggested that to kakashi, he would laugh in your face and tell you , "what can I teach this girl , that sasuke cant." And that would be the end of the conversation.

Pre screening spoilers are out:

Read if you want because it will spoil everything (pre-screening was 1.5 hours)

- Naruto has a lot of publicity (interviews, shows etc)
- Boruto vs Shikadai
- Shikadai looses but Bolt is apparently cheating with that new device, Naruto finds out and announces to everyone that Boruto is disqualified and takes his headband away.
- Chunin exams all 3 rounds shown, including Sarada's fight. 1st Proctor is Sai. 2nd Proctor is TenTen. 3rd Proctor is Lee.
- Sakura, Ino and Temari watching the Chunin exams together
- Naruto's kage bunshin is at the birthday and for some reason cake is dropped. Boruto angry. One scene, Boruto chucks Naruto's clothes out the window. Sasuke picks them up and delivers them to Hinata. (finally Sasuke and Hinata say something to each other xD)
- Sarada wants to be hokage. Boruto opts to be a support role to her, like Sasuke is to Naruto.
- Sakura saves Hinata (and the Chunin stadium) who gets hurt trying to save Naruto.
- Sasuke saves Sarada from collapsing stadium.
- Boruto saves Sarada using Kage bunshin during the raid (?))
- The villains, Momoshiki and Kinshiki. Momoshiki was feared by Kaguya which is why she created a zetsu army. (there are some contradictions here though, if the villains were against or for Kaguya).
- The battles were done really well.
- Sasuke fights alone and gets burned. Naruto gets riled up due to this.
- Naruto + Sasuke vs vilaains fight was great. They worked well together. Combination of susanoo and kyuubi
- Its unclear if Sasuke's mission is over right now, people are speculating that Momoshiki was the goal and after that defeat its over.
- Ending is full of family scenes or something like that:
- Temari, Shikamaru and Shikadai
- Ending scene is Sasuke and Sakura watching the new Team 7 under a sunset.
- Funniest end bit is finding about Mitsuki's parentage.Sarada asks Mitsuki whether Orochimaru is his father or his mother. Mitsuki responds with something like 'Meh, it's inconsequential right?'You see Orochimaru walking away after that.

- overall the reception is very positive, lots more discussion going on compared to The Last.
- some complaints/disappointments: hardly any Kakashi, Tsunade does not make an appearance, lack of Sasuke and Sakura convo's.

There's more coming out slowly and there's another pre screening later which may be different (its only 1 hour).

the
cheating
spoiler is the only one not confirmed yet by OD

https://www.reddit.com/live/vay7eygl1zj3/

but lol at many Boruto haters back-pedalling when it was confirmed that
the cake fell on the ground due to Naruto's clone (which he sent to his own daughters birthday rather then himself) poofed away thus dropping the cake and making Boruto overly angry at his Pops for ruining his sisters B-day

ghstwrld

Mitsuki is Oro's kid?

mitsukicoffee.gif

- Boruto pleas Sasuke to train him. Sasuke wants to help but places a condition that he needs to be able to do the rasengan. Konohamaru teaches it to Boruto

So seeing as Mitsuki
is Orochi's kid
this could only mean one thing

he is getting the Snake Summoning for the new Team 7

Dang even Mitsuki is stealing things that Sarada could've had :/

^^

Sarada has potential to have 3 xD (hawk, slug and snakes)

The movie kind of sounds like it should be 2 hours.

sounds about right

why boruto cheated

Those ninja tools created by the science division in Konoha allow ppl to use ninjutsu even if they aren't ninjas. Naruto prohibited the usage of these b/c he thought that;s not real power/strength.
In the second round of the chunin exam, Boruto was victorious and Naruto complimented him
he was so happy he cried
In the third round he didn't want to lose and he used them

Mitsuki
Snakes

Sarada
Hawks

Boruto
Monkey King Enma

You think Sarada is not going to have slug summon....come on now. Sakura is going to teach her everything. The seal and all that will be passed down, Mito Uzamaki --> Tsunade --> Sakura --> Sarada

but I don't see her doing some overlap like snake as well

Yeah I'm not sure about snake either.

sounds about right

why boruto cheated

Those ninja tools created by the science division in Konoha allow ppl to use ninjutsu even if they aren't ninjas. Naruto prohibited the usage of these b/c he thought that;s not real power/strength.
In the second round of the chunin exam, Boruto was victorious and Naruto complimented him
he was so happy he cried
In the third round he didn't want to lose and he used them

More Info

Katasuke (the scientist guy) is has a shady personality. It seems that he was encouraging Boruto to use the device. Seems to be a glib salesperson.
'In a place with no water, there's this degree of suiton..!?'
--->Has to do with that bracelet device, I believe. Might have to do with the cheating.

Khezu

You think Sarada is not going to have slug summon....come on now. Sakura is going to teach her everything. The seal and all that will be passed down, Mito Uzamaki --> Tsunade --> Sakura --> Sarada

Yeah I'm not sure about snake either.

Sure she can still have slug as a backup, but Hawks should be the main summon, as they were underutilized in part 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mitsuki
being Oro's kid I saw coming a mile away. Just look at those eyes.

So Boruto
won his first round without cheating

Naruto was happy and complimented him which made Boruto cry (seeing as this kid barely sees his Dad let alone gets compliments from him)

He didn't want to lose/ take any chances in the second round so he decided to cheat with the influence/pressure from Mr.Science

Seems like Boruto
suffers from some confidence issues

Then this happens

Naruto
rips off Boruto's head piece calls him a disgrace and that he can no longer be a shinobi in front of the crowd

just then the villians attack the place

I'm guessing Boruto
did not actually perform chidori then.
If so what does Sasuke teach him. Why is Boruto using some tool if Sasuke is his sensei?

I'm guessing Boruto
did not actually perform chidori then.
If so what does Sasuke teach him. Why is Boruto using some tool if Sasuke is his sensei?

confidence issues

he didn't want to take any chances

when we looks at all the translated info especially that recent panda novel apparently everyone expects Boruto to do great things

to be great... the next hokage..... to always win, etc.....

So Boruto broke down under pressure and the Science guy used it for his advantage

Boruto wanted to not disappoint his father and sadly what he got was a mental thrashing upon the whole shinobi alliance

Birthday spoilers:
Are you fucking kidding me that Naruto wouldn't make time to be personally present at his child's birthday? Apparently the job of Hokage in a era of peace is 10x more busy than the Hokages of other villages/time periods. Give me a fucking break with this contrived conflict bullshit.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Birthday spoilers:
Are you fucking kidding me that Naruto wouldn't make time to be personally present at his child's birthday? Apparently the job of Hokage in a era of peace is 10x more busy than the Hokage's of other villages/time periods.

For fucks sake. Fuck naruto

Village

No

As soon as she sharinganed , she instantaneously became sasuke's kid. And as everyone know's unless your name is uzamaki, uchiha takes over whatever storyline you had.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Birthday spoilers:
Are you fucking kidding me that Naruto wouldn't make time to be personally present at his child's birthday? Apparently the job of Hokage in a era of peace is 10x more busy than the Hokages of other villages/time periods. Give me a fucking break with this contrived conflict bullshit.
To be fair, every single time we saw Hiruzen he was doing something Hokage related, whether it be paperwork or a meeting of some sort, and Tsunade was always swamped with paperwork.

And the thing is via the old character description

Himawari is
a saint and is overly kind towards her fathers absences

lol way to take your child's personality for granted

No

As soon as she sharinganed , she instantaneously became sasuke's kid. And as everyone know's unless your name is uzamaki, uchiha takes over whatever storyline you had.

Team 7 parallels > Uchiha dominance

confidence issues

he didn't want to take any chances

when we looks at all the translated info especially that recent panda novel apparently everyone expects Boruto to do great things

to be great... the next hokage..... to always win, etc.....

So Boruto broke down under pressure and the Science guy used it for his advantage

Boruto wanted to not disappoint his father and sadly what he got was a mental thrashing upon the whole shinobi alliance

I wouldn't look at novels for this stuff. Chapter 700 showed he was confident. He is confident in the movie as well. He just wants his fathers affection.

So I am guess that the reason we saw Boruto with Sasuke's head band
is because of the fact that he no longer has his old one due to Naruto taking it away from him
T-T

To be fair, every single time we saw Hiruzen he was doing something Hokage related, whether it be paperwork or a meeting of some sort, and Tsunade was always swamped with paperwork.

What I'm saying is that you never had the sense that their social/family life suffered as a result (not like any of them had to rely on Kage Bunshin to get things done), plus a lot of that with Tsunade was mostly just a recurring gag (I mean seriously, why is the Hokage doing paperwork and not a secretary? What paperwork do they even have to do in the first place lol). Plus, given that we're in a modern era of peace, how could things have somehow become even more busy for them? If anything the Hokage's role should be less relevant/important.

apparently this movie is suppose to reflect Kishi's life were he had no time for his children due to working on this series and the effects because of it

Joni

The whole birthday debate is a bit pointless in my eyes.
The Kage Bunshin or the Real Naruto are the same, for peaceful stuff there is no reason to send the real Naruto. Everyone gets the 'same experience' regardless of who is there. On the other hand, the Naruto in the Hokage office is a bit more important. That is the one that has more risk of getting attacked, so putting the real one there is safer for the village. As for the busy-ness part, we have seen very little Kage relaxing.

What I'm saying is that you never had the sense that their social/family life suffered as a result (not like any of them had to rely on Kage Bunshin to get things done), plus a lot of that with Tsunade was mostly just a recurring gag (I mean seriously, why is the Hokage doing paperwork and not a secretary? What paperwork do they even have to do in the first place lol). Plus, given that we're in a modern era of peace, how could things have somehow become even more busy for them? If anything the Hokage's role should be less relevant/important.
We never saw any of them have a family life. We didn't even see the Third with his own son. Gaara's father got killed with none of his children noticing. And does Gaara even have a family?

I'd think Naruto would not be there during day time but will be home at night and in the early morning. So it kind of makes sense he would miss Himawari's birthday.

I expected this tbh. Naruto and Sasuke are the first generation to co operate and to ensure peace I thought they would be working more now than ever. I expected sacrifices. Still Naruto's sacrifice isn't close to what Sasuke had to make. They probably understand the sacrifices both need to make and hence help each other's kids as well.

Village

Team 7 parallels > Uchiha dominance

nah

Uchiha dominance/1sthokage/midara comparsons > everything.

They pulled gods out their bum to justify that shit

You don't even gotta actually be related, kaskashi just had an eyeball and got him wrapped up in some bullshit, he just knew one.

Top Bottom