• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

You guys are acting like a dude getting more caught up in work than family is some sort of contrived thing only Naruto has ever done. It's literally been a staple in media forever.

Him not being perfect isn't contrived.

What's contrived is the idea that the Hokage of the village cannot make time for a birthday celebration of his own child and that we're supposed to think that Boruto is the one being 'bratty' or in the wrong. It's just a reflection of the horribly unhealthy Japanese work culture.

Naruto has no boss breathing down his neck, he is the boss. It's an era of peacetime, what exactly is so pressing or important that he can't take off early or go in late? God forbid he lets Shikamaru handle things for a half-day, that incompetent oaf.

What's contrived is the idea that the Hokage of the village cannot make time for a birthday celebration of his own child and that we're supposed to think that Boruto is the one being 'bratty' or in the wrong. It's just a reflection of the horribly unhealthy Japanese work culture.

Naruto has no boss breathing down his neck, he is the boss. It's an era of peacetime, what exactly is so pressing or important that he can't take off early or go in late? God forbid he lets Shikamaru handle things for a half-day, that incompetent oaf.

what is funny is that
the Sauce visits there house during her birthday and not Naruto

-------------
anyway Boruto still
has lightning affinity
http://i.imgur.com/ET7qUvS.png
we are not sure though that the one in the trailer
was due to the device....
regardless the boy has lightning in his viens due to genetics

Naruto is not only the leader of a village but also a military leader. He's going to miss a lot of shit in his children's life.

Has nothing to do with him being a shit father.

captainpat

tumblr_ns42lnjJkN1sfv5o0o1_1280.jpg

coulda sworn these things there more lowkey

nah

Uchiha dominance/1sthokage/midara comparsons > everything.

They pulled gods out their bum to justify that shit

You don't even gotta actually be related, kaskashi just had an eyeball and got him wrapped up in some bullshit, he just knew one.

While I recognise the power of Uchiha's in this manga and Kishi's mind.....
Team 7 are the main characters. Kishi ain't dropping that point ever.

You guys are acting like a dude getting more caught up in work than family is some sort of contrived thing only Naruto has ever done. It's literally been a staple in media forever.

Him not being perfect isn't contrived.

Forget media, it happens in real life.

Naruto wants to work hard to ensure a better future. Forget details (when did we ever get such details lol). Sasuke went on a mission for years and we never even found out the specifics on it. The point is both of these shinobi are sacrificing their lives to ensure peace is maintained.

How could Sasuke leave precious Sarada.

large.jpg

I don't know if you guys have read a chapter numbered 699.

A lot of people depend on ninja's especially if you are one of the chosen ninja's granted gifts by a godly being. Ninja's can endure, they will carry on, they won't give up till they succeed. Have faith in them.

Ya'll keep treating this like Naruto is some lowly employee who has to follow the boss's orders or get fired. You think Obama misses his daughter's birthdays? Hell, take this excerpt from an article about the President:

"Obama is an involved father who has been open about the pain of growing up without his dad and his desire to be a presence in his kids' lives. Despite his presidential duties, Obama still attends parent-teacher conferences, sports events and other school functions."

Yes, I'm sorry to break it to you, but even the president is not so central to the operation of government that things completely collapse if he's not present 24/7. There's a whole bureaucracy that helps keep things moving smoothly; the world doesn't collapse because the president or Hokage went to sleep. Now if there's a war or an economic crisis? Sure, that's going to take center stage. That shit ain't happening here though.

Ya'll keep treating this like Naruto is some lowly employee who has to follow the boss's orders or get fired. You think Obama misses his daughter's birthdays? Hell, despite his presidential duties, Obama still attends parent-teacher conferences, sports events and other school functions. Yes, I'm sorry to break it to you, but even the president is not so central to the operation of government that things completely collapse if he's not present 24/7. Now if there's a war or an economic crisis? Sure, that's probably going to take center stage. That shit ain't happening here though.
And again, Naruto isn't perfect, that's allowed. Why does Naruto have to be the perfect good guy all the time. He's a great dude. Would probably die for everyone in the village. Also misses his kids bday.

Are we going to pretend like other people's feelings and whatnot has been lost on Naruto since he was a kid. He was always a bit tonedeaf. People are so harsh in their critiquing sometimes lol. So naruto did an asshole thing to his kid. It sucks. But it aint bad writing or something.

More spoilers on Boruto's jutsus

- Giant rasengan was created with Naruto and Sasuke's help
- Boruto does not use chidori. Its raiton.
- Device used is presumably for the raiton
- Boruto cheats as he wants to impress and surpass Naruto
- Sasuke does not teach him chidori but nature manipulation for the rasengan.

Sai

Aw, not quite as beast as we thought.

Anyways, I think it's funny that several of Naruto's Kage Bunshin can spread out around the country to fight a war with plant people 'n former Kage, but one of them can't last through a birthday party.

And again, Naruto isn't perfect, that's allowed. Why does Naruto have to be the perfect good guy all the time. He's a great dude. Would probably die for everyone in the village. Also misses his kids bday.

Are we going to pretend like other people's feelings and whatnot has been lost on Naruto since he was a kid. He was always a bit tonedeaf. People are so harsh in their critiquing sometimes lol. So naruto did an asshole thing to his kid. It sucks. But it aint bad writing or something.

Not being a perfect character =/= missing your kid's birthday for no reason other than to create plot conflict so the movie can have a character arc. Naruto missing Bolt participating in a ninja competition or not being able to play with Bolt during the day is very different from Naruto missing his child's birthday celebration at home. I had no problem with the way the final chapter handled this issue, I have a problem when it gets strung out to a ridiculous degree. And it goes against Naruto's whole personality which is why it prickles so much (my edited post shows that Obama has similar motivations for being involved).

Sasuke's whole 12-year mission was similarly badly written and illogical. You can take issue with the writing/handling of an issue being bad without saying that using the issue in of itself is bad writing.

Aw, not quite as beast as we thought.

Anyways, I think it's funny that several of Naruto's Kage Bunshin can spread out around the country to fight a war with plant people 'n former Kage, but one of them can't last through a birthday party.

We're not sure what happened to cause it to disappear.

Not being a perfect character =/= missing your kid's birthday for no reason other than to create plot conflict so the movie can have a character arc. Naruto missing Bolt participating in a ninja competition or not being able to play with Bolt during the day is very different from Naruto missing his child's birthday celebration at home. I had no problem with the way the final chapter handled this issue, I have a problem when it gets strung out to a ridiculous degree. And it goes against Naruto's whole personality which is why it prickles so much (my edited post shows that Obama has similar motivations for being involved).

Sasuke's whole 12-year mission was similarly badly written and illogical. You can take issue with the writing/handling of an issue being bad without saying that using the issue in of itself is bad writing.
maybe he just forgets its his kids birthday. That's perfectly plausible to me. Many other possibilities as well. I just don't see this as a big deal at all. People are always looking for something.

maybe he just forgets its his kids birthday. That's perfectly plausible to me. Many other possibilities as well. I just don't see this as a big deal at all. People are always looking for something.

As a character flaw in general, sure, that could be written into a story well enough. As Naruto's character flaw? We'll just have to disagree over how much that violates Naruto's pre-existing personality and identity.

Do you know why Naruto calls Sasuke a great ninja or one of the greatest? (note how he does not say father, further note how in the trailer he admits being not a great father).

Its because Naruto can understand the sacrifice Sasuke has made to ensure their children have a bright future. He's doing the same, and he knows his case is more lenient that Sasuke's hence those words. Naruto and Sasuke both love their families but they have come to face the reality that certain things need to be sacrificed and they have to be the ones....or maybe they even want to be the ones.

I think that message still stands regardless if there's a lack of details.

well he doesn't since he
sends a clone to attend

we also can see that Boruto assumed that was the real deal Naruto (maybe due to a promise he made)

Boruto getting mad that Naruto broke his promise and is absent for Himawari's birthday is just regardless if Naruto is overly busy or not

okay regardless of Naruto and his parenting

let us talk about this

So we now know that Mitsuki's
parent is Orochimaru
but what is lol worthy is the fact that Mitsuki
called Orochimaru his Mother not his Father

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What if Tsunade is the mother? It's implied they dated in the past and Oro seemed to have gone back to his old self by the end of the series.

Fj0823

So the Sauce is playing the better father in this movie. Naruto calling his Son a disgrace seems out of character to me

He can be very harsh with his words. To have his son cheating goes against everything he ever stood for at that age, it's something that would really piss him off.

Kinda like Neji's attitude

rrc1594

He can be very harsh with his words. To have his son cheating goes against everything he ever stood for at that age, it's something that would really piss him off.

But damn still, your Son already thinks your not worth his time. Then you say that

But damn still, your Son already thinks your not worth his time. Then you say that

Naruto is being brutally honest, making no exceptions just because Boruto is his son. Its okay though, Sasuke is there is help Boruto.

Have you guys seen the new teaser:

tumblr_ns4ksrj0oO1tg3a8ao1_500.gif

tumblr_ns4ksrj0oO1tg3a8ao2_r1_500.gif

Transform looks awesome. God damn at that rasengan.
Sasuke still has the best susanoo

Ponn

Banned

1st Naruto was pretty much all about him taking shortcuts and cheating to get his power ups. On top of that if it wasn't for the fox chakra he wouldn't have been shit. Naruto has no room to talk.

Sai

Really don't see the problem with what Naruto's saying to Boruto; there's no contradiction. That device just allows one to effortlessly seal in and activate any technique of their choosing. Kurama's chakra wasn't some freebie that he could automatically use, not an accessory that he could drop at any time. He had to put in some tough, life-threatening work just to learn how to harness a portion of that chakra.

In the beginning, Naruto didn't really get by at all with hand-me-downs, that was all guts 'n effort. That dynamic with Kurama's chakra only changed when they started to make nice... And even still, it required a degree of skill to utilize it to that extent, something Kurama ended up praising him for while relating his abilities to his parents'.

rrc1594

1st Naruto was pretty much all about him taking shortcuts and cheating to get his power ups. On top of that if it wasn't for the fox chakra he wouldn't have been shit. Naruto has no room to talk.

He stole to get his headband. Naruto is a dick

Really don't see the problem with what Naruto's saying to Boruto; there's no contradiction. That device just allows one to effortlessly seal in and activate any technique of their choosing. Kurama's chakra wasn't some freebie that he could automatically use, not an accessory that he could drop at any time. He had to put in some tough, life-threatening work just to learn how to harness a portion of that chakra.

In the beginning, Naruto didn't really get by at all with hand-me-downs, that was all guts 'n effort. That dynamic with Kurama's chakra only changed when they started to make nice... And even still, it required a degree of skill to utilize it to that extent, something Kurama ended up praising him for while relating his abilities to his parents'.

Exactly.

Some specifics on the final battle :

长十郎和黑土VS金式。
Chojuro and Kurotsuchi VS Kinshiki
我爱罗和达鲁依缠住百式。
Gaara and Darui stall Momoshiki
打斗具体的细节真的描述不来,总之就是帅爆。不论佐鸣、还是其他四影。
I (Blogger) can't describe the fight in details. Everyone, both Naruto, Sasuke and the Kages, are awesome.
长十郎和黑土合力用混凝土的招数困住了金式。
Chojuro and Kurotsuchi collaborate to trap Kinshiki with cement.
而另一方面,佐助、鸣人、我爱罗、达鲁依对峙百式。
On the other side, Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara and Darui VS Momoshiki
这里佐助和百式谈及了辉夜,以及辉夜制造的军队。还有BOSS的来历。
Here Sasuke and Momoshiki talk about Kaguya and her army and also Momoshiki's origin.
貌似百式自称神,称呼佐助鸣人等人为下等人。
Momoshiki refers to himself as God and calls the others inferior people.
(抱歉,这里太专注打斗了、没有听出来金式百式是辉夜一伙的、还是辉夜的敌人)
(Blogger apologizes for forgetting whether Momoshiki is on Kaguya's side or not)
讨论完毕。
They stop talking.
我爱罗:既然忍术行不通的话,那就体术上就行。没有比更单纯的问题了。
Gaara: If ninjutsu doesn't work, just use Taijutsu. Simple.
达鲁依:别太小看忍者了!
Darui: Don't underestimate the shinobi!
(对话大致是这样。具体谁说的那句话给忘了)
(Blogger forgets who actually said what)
之后就是打斗,百式偶尔放个查克拉、但是被佐鸣+我爱罗+达鲁依压制的死死的。
Then they fight. Momoshiki attacks with chakra orbs but is overpowered by Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara and Darui team.
金式见状不妙。强行挣脱黑土和长十郎的压制说:百式大人,是让我为您尽力的时候了。
Kinshiki notices Momoshiki is losing so he breaks out of the cement trap and says: It's the time for me to serve you, Momoshiki-sama.
身体的皮都混凝土给撕掉、整个肌肉组织都暴漏出来了。
Kinshiki's skin is torn by the cement.
百式:你正是为了这个时刻而被制造出来的。
Momoshiki: This is the moment you were created for.
说完百式吸收了金式。
Momoshiki absorbs Kinshiki.
有点像过去的佐助的咒印状态。类似因音忍四人众咒印二的形态。
This looks like Sasuke and Sound 4's CS2 transformation.
(咒印来源于仙术查克拉,看来二者真有什么关联、伏笔节奏!?)
(Blogger points out how they are related because CS is originally senjutsu)
佐助:然而那并不是真正的力量。
Sasuke: This is not your real power.
百式变成完全体后开始大闹,这种级别的大招对拼自然也不是我爱罗等能插手得了。
Momoshiki's transformed form starts attacking. His attacks can no longer be handled by the likes of Gaara.
佐助不小被百式的攻击扫中左半身,左边脸脸皮貌似被烧坏了。
Sasuke is hit by Momoshiki's attack. His left face looks burnt.
这次换鸣人公主抱接住佐助,本来因为百式的查克拉吸收,濒临虚脱的鸣人、立刻跟变个人似的。九 尾模式全开。
Naruto catches Sasuke in princess style. Naruto is supposed to be exhausted from the chakra extraction but now he looks more energetic and enters Kurama mode.
就连佐助都劝他“鸣人!冷静点!”
Sasuke tells Naruto to calm down.
然后佐助依然开了须佐,最后变成两头怪物的对艹!?
Sasuke activates Susanoo and this becomes a battle between monsters.
百式被九尾和须佐的合体艹翻。
Momoshiki is defeated by Susanoo Kurama.
战斗平静,落地的鸣人和佐助,正要松了一口气的时候。
Just when Naruto and Sasuke think it's all over,
跟着进来的科学忍具班的俩人对着正从空间掉落的百式就是一阵忍术的乱射。
Those scientists use their devices to throw ninjutsu at Momoshiki.
佐助还是鸣人来着、说了一句:这群笨蛋,净做一些多余的事情。
Sasuke or Naruto: Those fools are doing something redundant.
百式吸收了忍术中的查克拉,复活。
Momoshiki absorbs the ninjutsu to revive himself.
从手中变出几粒查克拉的药丸一口气吞了进去。
He changes the absorbed chakra into pills and devours them.
顺便用六道的黑棒封住了鸣人的动作。博人在爆炸中奔跑,被佐助救了。
Then he restrains Naruto's movement with black rods. Boruto is saved from the explosion by Sasuke.
来到鸣人身边,佐助要博人使用螺旋丸。
Sasuke takes Boruto to Naruto's side and tells him to use Rasengan.
鸣人吃惊:什么时候,你竟然学会了螺旋丸。
Naruto is surprised: When did you learn it?
博人:但是忍术对他不起作用。
Boruto: But ninjutsu doesn't work on him.
佐助:相信师傅。
Sasuke: Believe me.
佐助回想起博人第一次看到博人的螺旋丸,会消失的螺旋丸。
Sasuke remembers Boruto's disappearing Rasengan.
佐助用仅剩的查克拉只能弄出骨架须佐的左手,博人坐在左手上对着绕到正在和我爱罗等人缠斗的百 式背后。
Sasuke creates a Susanoo left arm. Boruto sits on the arm to get to the back of Momoshiki while Gaara and others are stalling Momoshiki.
博人讲螺旋我扔了出去。
Boruto throws his Rasengan.
百式:这种东西怎么可能对我起作用。
Momoshiki: Such thing won't work on me.
正当百式准确去吸收螺旋丸的时候,螺旋丸突然消失不见了。就在百式发愣的时候,被螺旋丸打中。
Just when he is prepared to absorb it, it disappears. Momoshiki is puzzled and then hit by the Rasengan.
鸣人要求博人再用一次螺旋丸。博人觉得自己的查克拉威力不足以对抗那个。
Naruto wants Boruto to use Rasengan again but Boruto thinks his chakra is not enough to fight Momoshiki.
鸣人:交给爸爸吧。
Naruto: Leave it to me.
让博人搓丸子。博人搓了一个很小的丸子把手神了出来。
He lets Boruto create a small Rasengan.
全被查克拉黑棒钉住的鸣人将仅剩的查克拉注入博人手中的螺旋丸。形成了一个超大螺旋丸。
Then he pours his remaining chakra to the Rasengan to turn it into a Cho Oodama Rasengan.
蓝中带着金色的螺旋丸。
It is a blue and gold Rasengan.
最后依然是佐助打辅助,博人大招上。打中百式直接把百式轰飞到了宇宙中。最后亲子螺旋丸炸裂,百式被轰成了 渣、就像放烟火一样,消失了。
Sasuke covers for Boruto. Momoshiki is hit and blows up like fireworks.
中间佐助和博人打了一次非常精彩的配合。
Sasuke and Boruto work really well.
剧透穿插在那段记忆有点混乱。
Flashback to Team 7 VS Zabuza, a bit confusing to blogger
博人变成佐助的刀、用的类似第一部鸣人佐助一起从水牢中解救卡卡西时的梗。
Boruto becomes Sasuke's katana, uses a trick to similar to the one Naruto and Sasuke used to break Zabuza's water prison that trapped Kakashi
不玩博人玩的比鸣人溜。
Boruto is more crazy(?) than Naruto in pulling this.
当时再不斩回身差点砍了鸣人、卡卡西出手相救。
In flashback, Kakashi saved Naruto when he was about to be attacked by Zabuza.
这次博人在百式转身的时候、直接整个人跳入百式手中、废了百式可以吸收查克拉的手。
This time, Boruto throws himself at Momoshiki's palm to disable the chakra absorbing power.
总之来说,打斗太精彩了,描述不出来。
This fight is so epic that the blogger can't describe it.
最后百式被轰成渣。
At the end, Momoshiki blows up and nothing remains

Frog-fu

Banned

pls explain

For all Kishimoto's attempts to label Naruto untalented, Naruto has done so many incredible things that it's clear he was always a prodigy.

He mastered the Kage Bunshin in a matter of hours. Learned how to summon almost as quick. Learned the Rasengan in a couple of weeks. Mastered his element in less time than that. Mastered Sage Mode in a week. Mastered control over Kurama's chakra in a matter of days.

Naruto is arguably the greatest natural prodigy in the entire damn series and he worked at it by his own hand.

He is by no means a cheat or someone that takes shortcuts. That's pretty much anyone with a Sharingan that copies jutsu (Kakashi/Sasuke), has new shit given to them (Kakashi/Sasuke) or merely needs to unlock the next stage of the damn thing to get a massive boost (again Kakashi/Sasuke).

Sai

With the exception of what he was able to accomplish with Kyūbi Chakra/Bijū Mode, those are all feats that took advantage of his immense stamina, and recuperative abilities though. Naruto was able to accomplish a lot in a short time not because he intuitively grasped things faster than most, but because his innate abilities allowed him to train harder and longer than most, learn higher level techniques that were so dangerous precisely because of the amount of chakra they consumed—which he had in abundance.

Kishimoto always made a point to show how clever and tricky he could be, but I've never thought of Naruto as some kind of Shinobi prodigy, brimming with the natural talent to easily take in different skills.

Ponn

Banned
pls explain

For all Kishimoto's attempts to label Naruto untalented, Naruto has done so many incredible things that it's clear he was always a prodigy.

He mastered the Kage Bunshin in a matter of hours. Learned how to summon. Learned the Rasengan in a couple of weeks. Mastered his element in less time than that. Mastered Sage Mode in a week. Mastered control over Kurama's chakra in a matter of days.

Naruto is arguably the greatest natural prodigy in the entire damn series and he worked at it by his own hand.

He is by no means a cheat or someone that takes shortcut. That's pretty much anyone with a Sharingan that copies jutsu (Kakashi/Sasuke), has new shit given to them (Kakashi/Sasuke) or merely needs to unlock the next stage of the damn thing to get a massive boost (again Kakashi/Sasuke).

I'm not trying to make Naruto out to be a bad guy, don't get me wrong. I'm not even going to go into how shitastic Sharingan bullshit is. I'm just saying its a bit hypocritical of Naruto to put his own son down for using a shortcut to get more power when Naruto did it all the time at that age to try and keep up with Sasuke and propel him into God Ninja status. Rasengan he didn't learn to create like it was meant to, he used his clones as a shortcut to be able to use it. Hell after how many years he was still using clones, did he ever learn to make it properly like Jiraiya? Yes having Nine tails made his life harder but it also enabled him to skip ahead others and "cheat" to accomplish certain things like summoning and multi-clone. His match with Neji, though awesome, would have ended completely different if he didn't have Nine Tails. His reserve of chakra through nine tails is what lets him use as many multi-clones as he does and without that his later training would have suffered greatly. And staying on multi-clone jutsu, if he hadn't of cheated and stolen that scroll in the first place he wouldn't have had it.

Really I think the only one who has room to talk smack in the ethics department is Lee.

Sai

:/ Naruto didn't do what he did simply because Boruto took a shortcut. That device is nothing like using a Bijū's chakra, or even the Sharingan. He had a good reason for banning its use.

Top Bottom