• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

captainpat

Which does what? What has this ever accomplished?

Not Sakura but

ebd2061f0f591dd163f8d91d4bfa2d4c.png

captainpat

And what if her chakra enhanced strength is cutoff?

I don't know, but the chances of that happened seem like they'd be pretty slim. If Hinata was able get in range to do something like that, with what we've seen of Sakura's reflexes and strength, she'd be dead.

ghstwrld

This seems like a lazy response. Who exactly has sakura even damaged with her monster strength? Has it shown any battle use whatsoever other than landscaping?

Sakura blitzes the main bad guy, KOing him with one punch in the latest section of the manga
mitsukicoffee.gif

Pein

Banned
This seems like a lazy response. Who exactly has sakura even damaged with her monster strength? Has it shown any battle use whatsoever other than landscaping?

I don't understand this, Sakura is the hardest hitter physically in the manga, she landed a blow against kaguya that broke her horn off, the last tech that did something like that was Guy's evening elephant when he fought madara.

So Sakura replicated the around same amount of damage as an attack in the eighth gate on a being who's much stronger then Madara. Kaguya was brushing off attacks from fully powered up Naruto up to that point.

Something on that level puts herfar above hinata, you question sakura's skills but Hinata is a scrub who's best showing in the manga is replicating 64 palms which 12yo neji was doing. She has no defense or tech to down sakura.
I don't know, but the chances of that happened seem like they'd be pretty slim. If Hinata was able get in range to do something like that, with what we've seen of Sakura's reflexes and strength, she'd be dead.

Sakura was reacting to Kaguya's chakra arm so thats way better then most people in the manga already for speed and reaction.

The only thing Hinata mastered is her jobbing skills. Jobbed to Neji and Pein. She has done nothing notable in the series at all other than being a damsel in distress.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The entire argument here is "Sakura has a hard punch." A punch she's only ever connected when the enemy was distracted. There's a reason she usually just punches the ground.

Hinata has near-360 degree vision, and a fighting style almost exclusively built around parrying attacks. She's no genius like Neji but against Sakura who can't hit something if her life depended on it, I think she'll do Just Fine. A super strong punch doesn't mean anything without fighting ability great enough to let you land it.

captainpat

Sakura was reacting to Kaguya's chakra arm so thats way better then most people in the manga already for speed and reaction.

Just to be clear I meant Hinata would be dead. But yea sakura is extremely fast.

Hinata has near-360 degree vision, and a fighting style almost exclusively built around parrying attacks. She's no genius like Neji but against Sakura who can't hit something if her life depended on it, I think she'll do Just Fine. A super strong punch doesn't mean anything without fighting ability great enough to let you land it.

Again looking at what Sarada's capable of Sakura doesn't necessary have to land a direct hit on her.

?? He was talking about eugenics, yet for some reason you brought up the whole power-levels thingy.

Eugenics that lead to power and I have shown how that is not always the case.....yet you go off on some embarassing tangent.

This is much better but I don't agree.

You are assuming alot when you imply that Sakura could even land a blow on Hinata. Hinata is a master of tajitsu and Sakura has never shown ANY ability in that area, other than punching grounds.

Since the seal is just the user storing chakra somewhere, I'd assume that the flow to the forehead area could be stopped as well. Not to mention the fact that that seal can only be activated once in a while and not every battle. Naruto has the kyubbis chakra in an actual fuinjutsu seal. When he fought Neji, the Kyubbis chakra was strong enough to break the blocks and flow outside his body, why are we supposed to believe that sakuras seal is that strong?

But if we're adding buffs, than what about Hinata and Hamura's chakra?

Also ranks mean nothing. Naruto became the strongest ninja in the world as a genin.

Did you even read the manga?
Where does Hinata ever show being a master at taijutsu lol . She's not even considered strong within her own clan, being outdone by a younger Hanabi and the actual prodigy : Neji.

Sakura's taijutsu skill is noted as early as the beginning of shippuuden. She just gets stronger form there on.
Those dots are the jyuubi monsters
Such power that one punch does more damage to Kaguya than what Sasuke's susanoo was able to physically inflict.

Your assumption is wrong. The point is Naruto has an external source of chakra which is sealed. The same as Tsuande and Sakura with the seal.

You are wrong again thinking the Seal does not contain an enormous amount of chakra. Sakura manages to heal an entire shinobi army through the activation of the Seal.

This is even more of a pointless fight when you consider Sakura can easily 1 hit kill Hinata, is considered the most intelligent among the rookies alongside Shikamaru, and has Katsuyu.

Of course ranking means nothing to Sasuke and Naruto. We have all be shown their godlike powers. However it speaks volumes that Hinata is still Chunin while top rookies such as Lee, Shikamaru and Sakura are Jonin.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Again looking at what Sarada's capable of Sakura doesn't necessary have to land a direct hit on her.

I've never understood why these "make the ground blow up" punches are accepted as something actually effective in battle. I mean maybe against the juubi grunts, she knocks em around, but against a single person? All these attacks do is throw your opponent up into the air. And not even via forceful/damaging impact, the ground you stand on just violently shifts, shooting you upwards like if you were standing on a seesaw that got a boulder dropped on the other end. A competent ninja would proceed to just... land on the ground.

Sharpeye

Guys I like Hinata, but from what we seen so far Sakura would win a fight even putting Hinata's god chakra in account. Hinata was always a lover and not a fighter, she seems focused in her family now and could care less about being promoted. The only fighting she has done in the last decade have probably just been training with Bolt and Hima. Heck Sakura probably hasn't fought anyone either until gaiden. Peace time is kind boring like that.

captainpat

I've never understood why these "make the ground blow up" punches are accepted as something actually effective in battle. I mean maybe against the juubi grunts, she knocks em around, but against a single person? All these attacks do is throw your opponent up into the air. And not even via forceful/damaging impact, the ground you stand on just violently shifts, shooting you upwards like if you were standing on a seesaw that got a boulder dropped on the other end. A competent ninja would proceed to just... land on the ground.

Sarada knocked out several Shin clones and those guys were pretty competent. Also, they don't just throw opponent up in the air. There's a bunch rocks and debris hurdling towards them, they lose their balance, and unless they can fly being knocked up in the air would leave a lot openings.

Frog-fu

Banned
The hypothetical Sakura VS Hinata battles is just one of the reasons why I could never really like Hinata much. The fans artificially inflate her value and importance to the story and put her on such a high pedestal that they actually think she is some kind of powerful shinobi that stands a chance against Sakura - who was easily Kage level at the end of Part II.

gtfo.

If Hinata ever stood a chance, it was earily in Part I. I'm quite confident she would've taken Sakura to task with her Jūken.

After that though? Please. Sakura wrecks her, with ease, on any given day, with one arm tied behind her back.

Hinata is not a threat to her. Never was in Part II and likely never will be save for bullshit power up shenanigans.

you know there is something called a air palm push right
plus the byakugan sees the chakra network therefore making so the hyuga user will know well before Sakura punches the ground that she is storing her chakra towards her fist.... hence the Hyuga user could do a gigantic air palm towards Sakura before she punches

Sakura could win with a summon and outlast a match maybe with her healing but if she gets her diamond sealed via palm point strikes then she won't be able to use that and if she gets all her points sealed via 64 palms then GG

the hyuga is likely the worst anime for someone so chakra focused
yet Sakura may be fast for all we know so that may be point on her side since Hinata is likely slower and has one weakness in not having rotation

Not sure if Hinata would win though since I don't know to much due to screen time but if she indeed can fly via that Hamura powerup then punching the ground for Sakura is even more useless

Hiashi though would neg Sakura (without her summon) easily

Pein

Banned
there would be no outlasting, one punch and Hinata is dead. Air palm won't stop her, and you'd be foolish to think it would even connect to someone who was reacting to Kaguya.

Hiashi's best feat is repelling a juubi arm, Sakura is above and beyond that. Neji was said to be the strongest Hyuuga and he's low level kage. Trust me I have no bias against the hyuuga, my favorite character is neji, but recognize Sakura is above them.

phaze

When a bare academy student like Sarada is suddenly capable of punching like post-time skip Sakura and seemingly giving trouble to a dozen of Shins, one of whom staved off Sasuke for a short amount of time, it's maybe a time to realise that feats and power levels in this manga make no freaking sense and the only answer to the who would win a fight question is; whoever Kishi wills to win.

With all that said Sakura clearly amassed more asspulls for herself and as such is more powerful than Hinata.

I wish people could hold "2 truths" in their head at a time.

You may like a character but ... there's good and bad match ups. Someone who uses CHAKRA to turn their meager punches into explosive shockwave bs probably shouldn't fight people who have mastered a fighting style that shuts down chakra points at close range. Kabuto VS Tsunade sure as hell didn't work in her favor and he said hand to hand isn't his strong suit IIRC. He just used a fighting style that weakens you internally how ever he likes if he can get close enough.

Sakura is best used as Crowd Control for groups of people not paying attention to her, for a sucker punch to someone who doesn't actually know what her punch can do OR as a support member who can try to strategically land a blow well someone's distracted with their team mates. That's very much ok, she's always been "support".

One on one hand to hand against the well recognized styles that is gentle fist/ Guy's gates/ eyeball boy hex is not something she wants.

Pein

Banned
When a bare academy student like Sarada is suddenly capable of punching like post-time skip Sakura and seemingly giving trouble to a dozen of Shins, one of whom staved off Sasuke for a short amount of time, it's maybe a time to realise that feats and power levels in this manga make no freaking sense and the only answer to the who would win a fight question is; whoever Kishi wills to win.

With all that said Sakura clearly amassed more asspulls for herself and as such is more powerful than Hinata.

What makes that punch so unreal? She's genius uchiha and was enraged.

You may like a character but ... there's good and bad match ups. Someone who uses CHAKRA to turn their meager punches into explosive shockwave bs probably shouldn't fight people who have mastered a fighting style that shuts down chakra points at close range. Kabuto VS Tsunade sure as hell didn't work in her favor and he said hand to hand isn't his strong suit IIRC.

Sakura is best used as Crowd Control for groups of people not paying attention to her, for a sucker punch to someone who doesn't actually know what her punch can do OR as a support member who can try to strategically land a blow well someone's distracted with their team mates. That's very much ok, she's always been "support".

One on one hand to hand against the well recognized styles that is gentle fist/ Guy's gates/ eyeball boy hex is not something she wants.

If Ei fought Hinata who would win?

there would be no outlasting, one punch and Hinata is dead. Air palm won't stop her, and you'd be foolish to think it would even connect to someone who was reacting to Kaguya.

Reacting to Kaguya? You mean when Kakashi dropped her and Kaguya (with low chakra) flew up towards Sakura when trying to dodge Sasuke and Naruto even though she has the byakugan and plot shielding was involved

Do you mean that?

Gentle fist isn't only chakra sealing but a slight graze of the tech could internal damage someone's organs and yes an intense airpalm is powerful
we saw Hiashi (without kyubi chakra) push the Jubis arms kms away with a air palm.... Hinata pushed it against a mountain with kyubi chakra and with her Hamura chakra powerup she has as much chakra as well (if she could use it for herself which is debatable)

Plus that twin lionfist ability can be used as a long range technique (which is a chakra depleting jutsu)
Plus if Sakura would try and hit someone like Hiashi he could just use rotation or even dodge and counter it since their gentle fist is a taijutsu style unlike sakura which is just her brawling.

Sakura is someone who specializes in medical tech she only has that intense strength and tanking ability in order to survive in a battlefield
she isn't comparable to a person who specializes in Taijutsu

Sharpeye

Just read the bonus chapter. Himawari is awesome!

Why doesn't Boruto have the byakugan?
Probably hasn't awakened it yet, not that he really needs it seeing he can do gentle fist already. I have a feeling that SP is going to milk Hima's cuteness and psychoness when NarutoGT eventually happens, and I won't even be mad about it.

Pein

Banned
Naruto and Sasuke both recognize the chakra arms were fast, if the god tier speed twins say those chakra arms were fast and she reacted to them with out getting straight up blitzed is pretty damn impressive.

Minato reacting to Ei's fastest shunshin is impressive because that tech dodged point blank amaterasu.

I don't know how you can compare hitting a building sized juubi arm to sakura, its like you're saying because they have gentle fist that means anything. Kaiten ends, she kept pace with sasuke and naruto and synced attacks. She'll turn any hyuuga in to a stain in the interval that kaiten stops.

Gai and Ei would beat any hyuuga and they only use taijutsu, hell, lee would beat any hyuuga and he only access to 5 gates.

where this hard on for the Hyuuga's came from I dunno but lets not forget the best one got wrecked by wood because the crap one couldn't even keep pace.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto and Sasuke both recognize the chakra arms were fast, if the god tier speed twins say those chakra arms were fast and she reacted to them with out getting straight up blitzed is pretty damn impressive.

Minato reacting to Ei's fastest shunshin is impressive because that tech dodged point blank amaterasu.

I don't know how you can compare hitting a building sized juubi arm to sakura, its like you're saying because they have gentle fist that means anything. Kaiten ends, she kept pace with sasuke and naruto and synced attacks. She'll turn any hyuuga in to a stain in the interval that kaiten stops.

Gai and Ei would beat any hyuuga and they only use taijutsu, hell, lee would beat any hyuuga and he only access to 5 gates.

• Sakura never dodged any chakra arms of Kaguya... she ran and was almost got caught if Kakashi didn't come in and save her is PS

• You don't also get the point about the air palm.... what this means is it
a) Has a long distance and wide range
b) Has a ton of power
Something that can ungulph the gigantic Juubi arm means that it is big enough that Sakura couldn't get out of the way.

Plus from the databook it says: "A "vacuum shell" compressed using the Gentle Fist is formed to attack the opponent's vitals from a distance, blowing them off their feet with tremendous force before they even notice they were hit." which means she won't even have time to dodge...

Lol why are you taking about Ei, Gai and

Ei and Minato are speed demons who specialize in either speed or swapping so yes they are faster then a Hyuga but they aren't Sakura

Also Gai and Lee are taijutsu experts with a taijutsu style that has moves like Hidden Lotus and Gates so you are comparing a taijutsu master agains't another taijutsu master. And gates would likely defeat a Hyuga since gates can basically almost kill sage of sixth paths Madara. Which again is all nice and all if that was Sakura which it isn't/

Sakura's trump card is trying to land a hit before getting hit by the gentle fist and also her summon

don't try and say she can out beat a Hyuga in taijtusu never once was it shown that Sakura user had better Taijtusu then a Hyuga in the databooks

Sai

Eh, not sure if I want to get into this match-up discussion proper, but I'm surprised folks are even questioning if Sakura's the strongest Kunouchi of her generation. Hinata's probably the only one that logically comes close, and that's only because of her Kekkei Genkai, and Hamura's gifted chakra—the latter of which many doubt she even retained.

Village-bustin' haymakers, the many benefits of Byakugō, and Katsuyu summoning... Kishimoto may have did Sakura many a disservice, but he didn't give me much reason to doubt that, to be capable of fighting alongside her demi god teammates, she rose above her female peers.

If Ei fought Hinata who would win?

Not sure what you're getting at.

He has developed his own tai-style that's so focused on speed, defense and power that he can dodge Eyeball boy's hex Amaterasu at point-blank range, deflect chidori with his chakra armor and has power on par with the power punch bs. There's no telling if gentle fist can even get through the armor and being able to fake out eyeball boy's eyeballs is a huge showing in speed.

Pein

Banned
I also think Sakura would win out of that whole class she has to be Top 5

Barring the sauce and Naruto

Sakura is obviously on top. lee, neji and choji are basically on the same level. Shino might be in there too but he hasn't shown much and I'd rather put him in with kiba, shikamaru hinata and tenten.

Ino is such a one trick pony I dunno where to put her, she beats alot of people though because of war feats.

Khezu

Now you guys are arguing over Hinata and Sakura... lol.

Look, I actively hate Sakura and think she is a terrible character with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

But she can at least fight, and has this one in the bag.

Only realistic way Hinata could win is if she kitted with flying powers, and air palm, which isn't that great with out the boost of Kyuubi chakra.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I always felt like Team 8 was the best team of the Konoha 11.

They have Hinata's gentle fist for sealing chakra points and incapacitating the enemy as well as providing intel with Byakugan, Shino's bugs for deceptive long range fighting, and Kiba as basically a tank to keep the enemy's attention.

Team 9's Ino-Shika-Cho has a slightly better teamwork dynamic but they have two supports and one beast of a fighter, making them more suitable to more specialized missions IMO.

Yado

Lol, team 8 is the worst. They're only good for reconnaisance missions. Pit them against any of the other teams and they'd lose.

SolVanderlyn

#team8isunderrated

rambis

Banned
Eugenics that lead to power and I have shown how that is not always the case.....yet you go off on some embarassing tangent.

Did you even read the manga?
Where does Hinata ever show being a master at taijutsu lol . She's not even considered strong within her own clan, being outdone by a younger Hanabi and the actual prodigy : Neji.

Sakura's taijutsu skill is noted as early as the beginning of shippuuden. She just gets stronger form there on.

Those dots are the jyuubi monsters

Such power that one punch does more damage to Kaguya than what Sasuke's susanoo was able to physically inflict.

Your assumption is wrong. The point is Naruto has an external source of chakra which is sealed. The same as Tsuande and Sakura with the seal.

You are wrong again thinking the Seal does not contain an enormous amount of chakra. Sakura manages to heal an entire shinobi army through the activation of the Seal.

This is even more of a pointless fight when you consider Sakura can easily 1 hit kill Hinata, is considered the most intelligent among the rookies alongside Shikamaru, and has Katsuyu.

Of course ranking means nothing to Sasuke and Naruto. We have all be shown their godlike powers. However it speaks volumes that Hinata is still Chunin while top rookies such as Lee, Shikamaru and Sakura are Jonin.
No you're right I've never heard of naruto

You may like a character but ... there's good and bad match ups. Someone who uses CHAKRA to turn their meager punches into explosive shockwave bs probably shouldn't fight people who have mastered a fighting style that shuts down chakra points at close range. Kabuto VS Tsunade sure as hell didn't work in her favor and he said hand to hand isn't his strong suit IIRC. He just used a fighting style that weakens you internally how ever he likes if he can get close enough.

Its crazy how everybody gagging over her strength keeps trying to ignore this. A very soft palm shuts down almost every bit of that strength. If she wants to use the gentle lion fists she created, one blow from that shuts down your whole chakra network. Not to mention Hamura mode.

And what is sakura left with? She had that same monster strength when a blind and severely damaged sasuke was about to end her while in a choke hold.

Support might be the best description I've ever heard for her. There's a reason that when shit gets real, she falls back with Katsyuu and heals everybody. Its what she does best, not fighting.

Pein

Banned
I forgot that hinata is now a master in jyuuken and has shown the speed to tag someone on sakura's level. You guys are ridiculous, this is like saying Fugaku is capable of all itachi's feats just because they both have sharingan.

She hasn't even shown kaiten her best showings were on borrowed chakra.

No you're right I've never heard of naruto

Its crazy how everybody gagging over her strength keeps trying to ignore this. A very soft palm shuts down almost every bit of that strength. If she wants to use the gentle lion fists she created, one blow from that shuts down your whole chakra network. Not to mention Hamura mode.

And what is sakura left with? She had that same monster strength when a blind and severely damaged sasuke was about to end her while in a choke hold.

Support might be the best description I've ever heard for her. There's a reason that when shit gets real, she falls back with Katsyuu and heals everybody. Its what she does best, not fighting.

Not even going to reply to what the manga shows....thats expected form someone who actually believes Hinata is anywhere near Sakura's level.

Wait do you still not understand that you can't shutdown Sakura's chakra network since she has the seal? Your points are moot.

Falling back you claim, yet she charges towards Jyuubi Madara and Kaguya with determination......the two strongest villains in the entire Narutoverse. Not even Kakashi dared to do that. You're all talk with no evidence.

you know there is something called a air palm push right
plus the byakugan sees the chakra network therefore making so the hyuga user will know well before Sakura punches the ground that she is storing her chakra towards her fist.... hence the Hyuga user could do a gigantic air palm towards Sakura before she punches

Sakura could win with a summon and outlast a match maybe with her healing but if she gets her diamond sealed via palm point strikes then she won't be able to use that and if she gets all her points sealed via 64 palms then GG

the hyuga is likely the worst anime for someone so chakra focused
yet Sakura may be fast for all we know so that may be point on her side since Hinata is likely slower and has one weakness in not having rotation

Not sure if Hinata would win though since I don't know to much due to screen time but if she indeed can fly via that Hamura powerup then punching the ground for Sakura is even more useless

Hiashi though would neg Sakura (without her summon) easily

Won't work on Sakura.
Hiashi would die in an instant as well. None of these characters have anywhere near the speed and defense needed to keep up with Sakura in taijutsu.

Reacting to Kaguya? You mean when Kakashi dropped her and Kaguya (with low chakra) flew up towards Sakura when trying to dodge Sasuke and Naruto even though she has the byakugan and plot shielding was involved

Do you mean that?

Gentle fist isn't only chakra sealing but a slight graze of the tech could internal damage someone's organs and yes an intense airpalm is powerful
we saw Hiashi (without kyubi chakra) push the Jubis arms kms away with a air palm.... Hinata pushed it against a mountain with kyubi chakra and with her Hamura chakra powerup she has as much chakra as well (if she could use it for herself which is debatable)

Plus that twin lionfist ability can be used as a long range technique (which is a chakra depleting jutsu)
Plus if Sakura would try and hit someone like Hiashi he could just use rotation or even dodge and counter it since their gentle fist is a taijutsu style unlike sakura which is just her brawling.

Sakura is someone who specializes in medical tech she only has that intense strength and tanking ability in order to survive in a battlefield
she isn't comparable to a person who specializes in Taijutsu

Screen_Shot_2015_08_11_at_23_28_23.jpg

Gentle fist is nothing to Sakura. Any physical damage is instantly healed, any damage done to chakra network can be overcome with the Seal chakra. Meanwhile 1 punch and Hinata is dead.

Sakura's taijutsu is top tier due to her speed, her power and tanking capabilities.

Eh, not sure if I want to get into this match-up discussion proper, but I'm surprised folks are even questioning if Sakura's the strongest Kunouchi of her generation. Hinata's probably the only one that logically comes close, and that's only because of her Kekkei Genkai, and Hamura's gifted chakra—the latter of which many doubt she even retained.

Village-bustin' haymakers, the many benefits of Byakugō, and Katsuyu summoning... Kishimoto may have did Sakura many a disservice, but he didn't give me much reason to doubt that, to be capable of fighting alongside her demi god teammates, she rose above her female peers.

They can't accept it thats why.

Sakura could definitely beat Hinata but I don't buy that Sakura is Kage level. To me she is nowhere near Sasuke/Naruto. Not even the same stratosphere.

Even if you use past ones I don't think she's anywhere near the former Hokage.

captainpat

Sakura could definitely beat Hinata but I don't buy that Sakura is Kage level. To me she is nowhere near Sasuke/Naruto. Not even the same stratosphere.

Tbf naruto and sasuke are well beyond your average Kage. And I'd at least put her on Tsunade's level.

Sasuke and Naruto are demi god level.
Sakura has already surpassed Tsunade a former kage.

Pein

Banned

you don't think she could beat current kakashi or tsunade?

Measuring Kage by the level of the super twins is flawed, the base line is Mei or Kakuzu, characters like those are kage level strength wise. She can beat those characters no problem.

The easiest way to do this is that sakura is tsunade 2.0 and Tsunade is hokage and an equal member of the sannin. Take away sauce and naruto from the village she is the strongest in konoha.

If she was hokage right now instead of naruto she'd be the strongest of the gokage.

Against most Kage's nowadays I don't see her having a shot. Not even against Kakashi.

That's why I mentioned past Kage's but even there she stands not much chance. I think people give her too little credit against hinata and too much credit when talking Kage level. Tsunade was only Hokage because Jiraiya turned it down. Lets be real on that one. She's definitely strong. Sakura would be considered "sannin" if that title still existed. As would sasuke I'm sure.

Top Bottom