• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Welfare

Reminder: a single punch by Sakura broke one of Kaguya's horns - Kaguya, who is much stronger than Madara ever was, and who didn't suffer so much as a scratch from a direct hit by Sasuke's Susanoo.

That was such bullshit though. She had just given Obito a whole bunch of chakra, to the point of falling over, just to find Sasuke. She shouldn't have that type of strength at that point of time.

Frog-fu

Banned
That was such bullshit though. She had just given Obito a whole bunch of chakra, to the point of falling over, just to find Sasuke. She shouldn't have that type of strength at that point of time.

Of the many things I would call bullshit on, that punch wouldn't be one of them. Sakura's and Tsunade's fighting style works by utilising precise chakra control and releasing chakra with pinpoint accuracy for devasting effect. It doesn't seem to requite a lot of chakra, and we've never actually ever seen Sakura run out of chakra or exhausted to the point of being unable to fight. She had exerted herself saving Sasuke but had time for a breather and to recover energy afterwards and considering that punch was pretty much her sole contribution, I can buy it.

Guys, it was all bullshit at that point. And to be fair, the bullshit is still going on.

edit: wow, people saying that Hinata could defeat Sakura? lmao

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Besides laughing, do you have anything to refute the claim, because I havent seen anything yet that suggets sakura could actually counter a hyuuga. They're literally her greatest weakness.

Fj0823

Besides laughing, do you have anything to refute the claim, because I havent seen anything yet that suggets sakura could actually counter a hyuuga. They're literally her greatest weakness.

Dude Hinata is my favorite character. Sakura would fuck her shit up unless she got more powerful after The Last.

Frog-fu

Banned

Sakura is much faster, stronger, smarter, tougher and can literally waste 99% Narutoverse with a single hit. Even a glancing blow can be lethal.

Sakura wouldn't even be pushed. It's a complete and utter stomp. That goes for Hinata and the rest of her clan. Sakura also would easily wreck the rest of the Konoha 11 not named Naruto or Sasuke (or Eight Gate Lee).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Sakura vs. Hinata debate is a lot like Lee vs. Neji (which never happened, argh!)

Gentle fist has a natural edge over solid taijutsu. +1 for Hinata.

Sakura has a summon, Hinata does not. +1 for Sakura.

Sakura can heal herself, Hinata cannot. +1 for Sakura.

Sakura is naturally stronger than Hinata on a pure power level basis. +1 for Sakura.

If Hinata gets the right hits in and seals Sakura's chakra points, she's done. No chakra controlled super strength, no healing, no summoning. +2 for Hinata.

It would be a fun fight to see. I feel like Sakura is the more skilled kunoichi, and her victory would depend entirely upon how well she's able to evade Hinata's moves. One hit from Sakura could likely take Hinata out, but the reverse is true as well.

Sakura can defeat Hinata but over-hyping her to overcome a full 64 hit impact and/or decimating a bunch of people in the Leaf and the Ninja world is silly

Kaguya and Shin were both surprise attacks with one having plot power added to it

Having Sakura face against someone else who wasn't ambushed from the beginning means that Sakura would need to land a hit

CES isn't the best Taijustu out there.... it has power but lacks technique compared to other fighting styles

Other then her Summon Sakura doesn't have a long range attack other then punching the ground beneath her

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think we can all agree it would be a far more interesting fight than any matchup that either character actually got

Frog-fu

Banned
The Sakura vs. Hinata debate is a lot like Lee vs. Neji (which never happened, argh!)

Gentle fist has a natural edge over solid taijutsu. +1 for Hinata.

Sakura has a summon, Hinata does not. +1 for Sakura.

Sakura can heal herself, Hinata cannot. +1 for Sakura.

Sakura is naturally stronger than Hinata on a pure power level basis. +1 for Sakura.

If Hinata gets the right hits in and seals Sakura's chakra points, she's done. No chakra controlled super strength, no healing, no summoning. +2 for Hinata.

It would be a fun fight to see. I feel like Sakura is the more skilled kunoichi, and her victory would depend entirely upon how well she's able to evade Hinata's moves. One hit from Sakura could likely take Hinata out, but the reverse is true as well.

Sakura VS Hinata is nothing like Neji VS Lee. They aren't anywhere near as closely matched.

Let's be real, summons aren't going to be relevant because Hinata will never be in a position to push Sakura into using them because the Gentle Fist has got jack shit on Sakura.

Hinata doesn't possess the speed the make it stick and Sakura has too many options to deal with it.

She could easily counter in between strikes to end the fight with a single blow; she could heal whatever damage she suffered in seconds (though Hinata would have to be extraordinarily lucky to even get that far); and if, by some miracle, Hinata manages to close off all of her chakra points, she can just use a fraction of her Yin Seal and flood her chakra system to reboot it just like Naruto did when he used Kurama's chakra to flush out the effects of Neji's 64 Palms.

This lopsided match up is only a thing because it's driven by Hinata fanboys. That's all there is to it. They'll do anything to inflate her importance and strengths because they put her on that pedestal of being perfect at everything. It's really stupid.

A more reasonable match up would be Sakura VS a bunch of her peers, cause frankly, not counting the aforementioned exceptions, none of them can take her alone.

Hinata would get completely shitted on by Katsuya, Sakura could just stand on that thing while Hinata tires herself out.

Whether Gentle Fist could shut down Sakura I say it could go either way, I'm just not comfortable fully equating the seal to a completely foreign conscious entity like a tailed beast. I don't think there's any way to fully know.

The Yin Seal can't reboot a sealed chakra network.... that is nonsense and fan-fiction

it is her own bloody chakra

plus Sakura has more speed then Hinata and would likely win in a 1vs1 fight but saying the Gentle Fist is beneath Sakura's fighting style is laughuable

Hinata isn't even in the same leaugue and yet the Databooks always said that she was better then Sakura in Taijutsu by at least .5 percent while Sakura is .5 faster
this is the third (last) databook since the the first two was an even larger gap in Taijutsu

Then you go to someone who is known for his Gentle fist like Neji and you see he is 1.5 times better in Taijtusu then Sakura and 1.5 in speed and Stamina with only 1+ above her in Ninjutsu
while Sakura is better in Intelligence by 1, hand seals by 1, and genjutsu by 1.5

People saying she can easily defeat a real gentle fist user is not true at all

Hand to hand combat Neji isn't only faster to counter but better in fighting to go on the offensive

once in the counter circle the 64 palms is a continues onslaught of barrage hit with not time to counter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit MORE STUFF:

The byakugan can see the chakra network too so Neji in such a fight would be able to know well before which part of Sakura's body would be CES enhanced well before she would even hit him/the ground

He is FASTER and BETTER in fighting so he would be able to parry hits with his gentle fist infused palms (which drain chakra and inflict inner damage)

In his hand to hand combat fights do you see him get hit alot? No he parries, counters and dodges as in in the Chunin exams two matches
He got hit by the sound four guy who got him in that blind spot and had fast moving projectiles.

The Byakugan can see at least 10kms away (+360 view) and can also see through things so if Sakura would try and toss rubble at him it would be pointless
He has air palm which he could blast constantly a technique that hits the user before they even realise they got hit.

And let us just say Sakura was able to hit the ground and come close to him with her iconic air strike SHANAROOOOO...... then he could just use Rotation and relfect it back at her

THIS IS A DOJUTSU AND KKG set that originates from the Ootsuki..... get out of here with this CES nonsense being the killer of it

Frog-fu

Banned
The Yin Seal can't reboot a sealed chakra network.... that is nonsense and fan-fiction

it is her own bloody chakra

plus Sakura has more speed then Hinata and would likely win in a 1vs1 fight but saying the Gentle Fist is beneath Sakura's fighting style is laughuable

Hinata isn't even in the same leaugue and yet the Databooks always said that she was better then Sakura in Taijutsu by at least .5 percent while Sakura is .5 faster
this is the third (last) databook since the the first two was an even larger gap in Taijutsu

Then you go to someone who is known for his Gentle fist like Neji and you see he is 1.5 times better in Taijtusu then Sakura and 1.5 in speed and Stamina with only 1+ above her in Ninjutsu
while Sakura is better in Intelligence by 1, hand seals by 1, and genjutsu by 1.5

People saying she can easily defeat a real gentle fist user is not true at all

Hand to hand combat Neji isn't only faster to counter but better in fighting to go on the offensive

once in the counter circle the 64 palms is a continues onslaught of barrage hit with not time to counter

The Yin Seal is a secondary chakra reserve Sakura can draw from, it is no different than Kurama's chakra serving as a secondary source for Naruto. It's not fanfiction, it's just using the internal logic shown in the manga and applying it to a different hypothetical scenario.

The Gentle Fist is beneath Sakura because she isn't a scrub and has too many options to deal with it, as I've already outlined.

Databook stats have always been vague at best and never held any relevance. Even if less skillful by reasoning of those stats, Sakura is overwhelmingly powerful and that would more than enough make up for it. No one is going to argue she is a better martial artist than Neji and Lee, but she'd wreck either of them (again, not counting 8G Lee) because she is that powerful.

The Yin Seal is a secondary chakra reserve Sakura can draw from, it is no different than Kurama's chakra serving as a secondary source for Naruto. It's not fanfiction, it's just using the internal logic shown in the manga and applying it to a different hypothetical scenario.

The Gentle Fist is beneath Sakura because she isn't a scrub and has too many options to deal with it, as I've already outlined.

Databook stats have always been vague at best and never held any relevance. Even if less skillful by reasoning of those stats, Sakura is overwhelmingly powerful and that would more than enough make up for it. No one is going to argue she is a better martial artist than Neji and Lee, but she'd wreck either of them (again, not counting 8G Lee) because she is that powerful.

look at my added part as well

First of all the Databooks hold more credit then assumptions via what if scenarios from either side

Gentle Fist has internal damaging charactertistics and the byakugan's sight abilties is the CES worst enemy

take out the whole sealing her network thing if you want (which isn't true) and you still have air palms, rotation, chakra sight, Internal damage (which she could heal from).

The Gentle Fist at prime can counter all CES moves.... the byakugan can predict CES moves.... and then there is the over prime Gentle Fist moves used by Kaguya

and Lee using the other Gates is a threat not only 8Gs

Actually, i'd say gentile fist would be a nightmare for her. Once her points where shutdown, which would happen very rapidly, she'd lose her super punches, as she wouldn't be able to channel any chakra.

She could use the seal, but i'm not sure if that would allow her to brute force open her points like Naruto did. It's never shown to do that in the manga. It seems to be more a reserve source of chakra, but can't act as a secondary chakra network. Once her network gets shut down, it won't matter how big a battery she has, unless she can reopen them.

It would all come down to the first hit. If sakura gets countered, she's toast. I'd think she'd know this though, and try to avoid infighting, instead trying to use summons for range or such.

let alone the fact that the Byakugan is the orginal dojutsu before mutation via chakra fruit and children

Hamura was a byakugan user and likely had even more crazier GF moves
then their is the whole eye upgrade
Hyuugas are part of the 4 noble clans under Oostuki for a reason

Something like CES can't touch the heavens at their prime.... the only one that reached the heavens and broke the norm is Gai Sensei

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Stuff.... cool art by a SP animator

tumblr_nsz88vkwlj1qjf3iyo2_1280_zpsfacefttg.jpg

tumblr_nsz88vkwlj1qjf3iyo1_1280_zpsiqsblmbo.jpg

tumblr_nsz1wpPGrG1si0hyoo4_1280_zpsqvvpunek.jpg

Sharpeye

let alone the fact that the Byakugan is the orginal dojutsu before mutation via chakra fruit and children

Something like CES can't touch the heavens at their prime.... the only one that reached the heavens and broke the norm is Gai Sensei

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having Bolt POV focused on ninja missions and Himawari POV focused on slice of life village stuff would be a good start for Naruto GT(that will eventually happen), though I honestly would like them to focus on the in between part around The Last before they do a full Next gen series.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I wonder if we follow eachother on the tumblr by coincidence.

PaulBizkit

Well, I just saw The Last (yeah, about fucking time).

• I loved it, made me want to hug everyone.
  • Didn't expect any action or plot, went in for just the "romance". It delivered.
  • Sakura's bro role fits her like a glove.
  • Feels good to have sasuke and the uchihas away.
  • Don't hate the "naruto needed to be placed under a genjutsu to realize hinata's feeling" at all. I mean, they just happened to fall under a GJ trap and his and hinata's memories got mixed because of the scarf. That genjutsu speeded up the "declaration" process.
  • I just loved the lovey dovey stuff. I don't watch any other tv shows, animes or movies where love is the focus.
    too busy being a bad enough dude watching house of cards, breaking bad and playing god of war

10/10 loved it, but would not watch again because history is now sealed. Happy for hinata, about fucking time...

Come on y'all, I like Hina as much as the next guy but she can't take Sakura in a fight. The events of The Last didn't give her even remotely enough of a BS powerup to fight with her, she'd have needed to get Tenseigan to stand a chance.

I still think they're gonna BS powerup Hinata, Bolt or both with Tenseigan due to her having been a vessel for Hamura's chakra in The Last.

The people arguing for sakura are using logic, the people arguing for Hinata are being crazy thinking a chuunin level ninja has a shot at a kage level character.

... "Logic"? Like saying that Sakura's forehead = the effects of the 9 tailed Fox aka a "living being of chakra that can flood Naruto's system at will" when it comes to fighting against Gentle Fist chakra points? Or assuming titles mean anything to a match up when we all know of tons of characters who arnt kages but could take down kages? (And that's even assuming Sakurai is "kage level")

I just look at the fighting styles, look at Sakura and am completely lost on how someone can look at her feats and think she's shown the speed and skill needed to go solo toe to toe with a master of one of the most effective tai-styles in this manga and win (tis style is also a direct counter to her style).

Hell, I agree with Tathanen ... Kid Lee has shown more impressive tai than Sakurai. She's support, she works best in a team.

But wuteves.

Pein

Banned
she's a master of jyuuken now? she can't even use kaiten.

Show me a panel where lee has an attack with as much force as the 8th gate.

If tsunade is a kage level ninja and sakura is a basically tsundae 2.0 then sakura by all logic is kage level.

yeah, there are characters who aren't kage level with that power level to be a kage character, Hinata no matter how much you want her to be one isn't a character on that level, your thought process is flawed, just because she has byakugan and gentle fist doesn't mean crap. Hinata doesn't have the speed to even touch Sakura.

Nightbird

Sooo, I wanna watch the Anime again, especially the current War Arc, is there a Guide on how to avoid Filler? I really just wanna see the Arc with nothing in between.

Can someone help me?

Pein

Banned
taken from NF
303-320 -- War arc fillers
311 ------- Adaption of Kishimoto's "Road to Ninja" chapters
327 ------- Nine-Tails Flashbacks
347-348 -- Extended Obito/Akatsuki flashbacks
349-361 -- Kakashi ANBU arc
376-377 -- Mecha Naruto (Storm Revolution promo)
389-390 -- "Hyuga Sisters special (The Last movie promo)
394-413 -- Chuunin Exam arc
416 ------- Team Minato Flashback
422-423 -- Boruto movie promotion

I recommend the kakashi anbu arc though, has a lot of neat moments and world building.

rambis

Banned
I still can't believe that people actually believe that Hinata has any chance against Sakura.

You should, it was awesome.

The people arguing for sakura are using logic, the people arguing for Hinata are being crazy thinking a chuunin level ninja has a shot at a kage level character.
People arguing for Sakura are making shit up like her 1000 healings seal being an external chakra source ala Kurama and her speed in taijutsu which has never shown any worth in. And trying their best to minimize why Hinata is the perfect counter to her chakra enhanced punches and basically ignoring every strength.

Kishis terrible ending is the only thing that gives sakura an argument with a ridiculously cheap feat in damaging kaguya, when just minutes after her big "I've finally caught up to them moment" she needed sasuke and naruto to save her from a Jubbi Jr. Bleh. Its not worth arguing against people with such an irrational bias.

rambis

Banned

If tsunade is a kage level ninja and sakura is a basically tsundae 2.0 then sakura by all logic is kage level.

yeah, there are characters who aren't kage level with that power level to be a kage character, Hinata no matter how much you want her to be one isn't a character on that level, your thought process is flawed, just because she has byakugan and gentle fist doesn't mean crap. Hinata doesn't have the speed to even touch Sakura.
[im]http://mangabase.co/wp-content/manga/3245/2/02.png[/ig]

Sakura isnt that fast and Jyukken is a counter/parry style similar to hapkido anyway.

And Hinata in Hamura mode is strong enough to combine with Naruto and destroy the tensigan.

Forget thought process, they are straight up making stuff up lol

Sakura isnt that fast and Jyukken is a counter/parry style similar to hapkido anyway.

And Hinata in Hamura mode is strong enough to combine with Naruto and destroy the tensigan.

Use actual feats in the manga if you want to be taken seriously.

Hinata is such a master that she was 16 before she could do stuff Neji could do as a genin, and this is while Neji being a branch member and not getting training for it. So much of a master that her younger sister succeeds her.

Please. The manga has shown to everyone how Hinata ranks within her own clan.

People arguing for Sakura are making shit up like her 1000 healings seal being an external chakra source ala Kurama and her speed in taijutsu which has never shown any worth in. And trying their best to minimize why Hinata is the perfect counter to her chakra enhanced punches and basically ignoring every strength.

Kishis terrible ending is the only thing that gives sakura an argument with a ridiculously cheap feat in damaging kaguya, when just minutes after her big "I've finally caught up to them moment" she needed sasuke and naruto to save her from a Jubbi Jr. Bleh. Its not worth arguing against people with such an irrational bias.

Its called logic.

Naruto tanks Hyuga tech -----> sealed source of chakra
Sakura tanks Hyuuga tech ----> sealed source of chakra

Sakura's speed :

Screen_Shot_2015_08_11_at_23_28_23.jpg

Declared insanely fast even by RSM Naruto and Rinnegan Sasuke

I find it hilarious that the few Hinata fans still entertaining this match up have so little to go off on.

ghrst said it well

Then there's her summoning tech, her alternate sources of chakras to counter the gentle fists' debilitating impact, seamless and seal-less regeneration abilities, and terrain-altering one-hit quitters. what exactly is Hinata going to do when Sakura lands a hit or decides to include Katsuyu?

honestly

What can Hinata do agaisnt Sakura's speed? What can she do agaisnt Sakura's strength which can shatter the ground in miles and kill her in one shot? What she going to do against Sakura's immense chakra reserve on the Seal? What is she going to do if Katsuyu is summoned?

Sakura could just summon and leave and would still win.

Actually, i'd say gentile fist would be a nightmare for her. Once her points where shutdown, which would happen very rapidly, she'd lose her super punches, as she wouldn't be able to channel any chakra.

She could use the seal, but i'm not sure if that would allow her to brute force open her points like Naruto did. It's never shown to do that in the manga. It seems to be more a reserve source of chakra, but can't act as a secondary chakra network. Once her network gets shut down, it won't matter how big a battery she has, unless she can reopen them.

It would all come down to the first hit. If sakura gets countered, she's toast. I'd think she'd know this though, and try to avoid infighting, instead trying to use summons for range or such.

See, key example of people making stuff up. Since when could Hyuuga's shut down someone (let alone someone who has the Seal) in one hit, meanwhile one hit and Hinata is dead. Bear in mind Sakura is shown to be faster than Hinata as well. Hinata looses in CQC and at a distance with ease.

Chuunin exam Rock Lee would absolutely dominate end-of-manga Sakura.

Chunin Lee wishes he was as fast as end game Sakura.

Pein

Banned
Chuunin exam Rock Lee would absolutely dominate end-of-manga Sakura.

how didn't I see this? Lee doesn't even have access to gates beyond the 5th. He has no way to put down Sakura because of her regeneration. No asakujaku, no Hirudora, no chance.

rambis

Banned
Sakura isnt fast and has shown absolutely no skill at close range. Other than breaking rocks.

And the seal that she manually has to divert her own chakra into isnt external to her chakra network. You can type "nuh uh" and make up whatever conjecture you want until your fingers bleed but unless you have proof then you shouldn't waste your time.

Jyukken cancels literally every plus of Sakura minus her supposed super smarts. Hinata in Hamura mode with her lion fists would destroy Sakuras ability to ever use chakra again.

Joni

Use actual feats in the manga if you want to be taken seriously.
Strange how you disregard databooks and manga chapters only when they don't suit you. Like you call me out for using databook information while using Hinata's Chuuning status from the movie databook as an argument.

Naruto tanks Hyuga tech -----> sealed source of chakra
Sakura tanks Hyuuga tech ----> sealed source of chakra
Living being gives Naruto extra chakra --> Locked chakra pathways no longer a problem. What living being are you talking about for Sakura? Naruto doesn't have to unlock anything, doesn't have to unseal anything. The Naruto seal is designed to leak out Chakra to help him.

Pein

Banned
You say she isn't fast, she synced her attacks with speed god Naruto and Sasuke and was dodging and reacting to kaguya,

You haven't shown Hinata doing anything even close to that, you no proof because there isn't any, Hinata doesn't have any good moments or feats that show off any of her so called skills.

Just because you have a technique and it can do something doesn't mean it will. Ei would have killed minato with his fastest punch but he couldn't because he wasn't fast enough for it to connect. If Hinata went in and tried to strike Sakura, she would be obliterated. Hinata got wrecked by Pain, Neji and struggled against a tiny juubi clone.

She's an average hyuuga below the likes of Hanabi and Neji.

Top Bottom