• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

TUSR

Banned
this is why we need conflict, thread is dead with out it.

yeah but the manga is dead

hush.gif

Shouta

Watched Boruto the movie. Overall, really enjoyable movie. It has a few minor problems but it really doesn't detract all that much. It was a little misleading in a few spots when compared to the trailers but you can chalk that up to fanboy speculation, lol.

The last action sequence is fantastic

TUSR

Banned
Watched Boruto the movie. Overall, really enjoyable movie. It has a few minor problems but it really doesn't detract all that much. It was a little misleading in a few spots when compared to the trailers but you can chalk that up to fanboy speculation, lol.

no announcements yet for canadian theaters

im not sure if we got "The Last" but we've gotten other big movies like Rebellion

this is why we need conflict, thread is dead with out it.

Just wait till Naruto vs Sasuke part 2 happens lol

Is it conclusive or are there hints of some continuation?

Shouta

They can definitely continue it with how they left it off. They didn't do anything with the story that would stop it from going forward, lol

I feel like they definitely leave it open but I feel like it's just as likely to be a series of movies and one-shots as it is a new manga series.

They can definitely continue it with how they left it off. They didn't do anything with the story that would stop it from going forward, lol

I feel like the Naruto fandom is in some sort of purgatory. I mean some people are expecting Kishi to come back for a part 3 after some rest, others think a Naruto anime only part 3 is going to be announced and a few see this movie as the conclusion to the series.

I wish they would be clear on the future of the series.

slash3584

I feel like the Naruto fandom is in some sort of purgatory. I mean some people are expecting Kishi to come back for a part 3 after some rest, others think a Naruto anime only part 3 is going to be announced and a few see this movie as the conclusion to the series.

I wish they would be clear on the future of the series.

I totally expect a Naruto comeback in the fashion of Dragon Ball Super.

Maybe in ~10 years when One Piece ends.

It seems like a weird thing for Kishi to do to end the story on something that offers so many possibilities for the future.

He didn't have to do all this kid stuff and start pairing them off and hinting at their futures and whatnot. He really didn't have to. He clearly did it in case he decides to come back. Left an open door for himself.

Shouta

I also picked up some small tapestry/wall scrolls from the movie theater's goods store. The pamphlet also had sketches and names for all of the younger chars that show up in the film.

Village

Maybe in ~10 years when One Piece ends.

Nah kishimoto is going to turn into the scott cawthonn of manga

" Maybe naruto part 3 will happen in some years... I wanna work on other stuff its been fun but I need to exspand you know"

One month later

" So ... the naruto part 3 animation has went into production... like right now get ready for part 3, I start doing chapters again next week "

Nah kishimoto is going to turn into the scott cawthonn of manga

" Maybe naruto part 3 will happen in some years... I wanna work on other stuff its been fun but I need to exspand you know"

One month later

" So ... the naruto part 3 animation has went into production... like right now get ready for part 3, I start doing chapters again next week "

My man Kishimoto.
He wouldn't have made all this new gen stuff just to have SP take over the franchise right.....right?

phaze

If Pierrot won't be constrained by not being able to progress the story at all anymore (like they're in their fillers) then it has a chance of being ... better then the last few years of manga ?

Anyone knows any anime original effort from them ?

If Pierrot won't be constrained by not being able to progress the story at all anymore (like they're in their fillers) then it has a chance of being ... better then the last few years of manga ?

Anyone knows any anime original effort from them ?

pachah1.png

SP have made plenty of chances over the last decade.

Syntsui

What's Madhouse studio doing lately? They must be expensive as fuck, I don't get why they just don't straight give them all the big series.

What's Madhouse studio doing lately? They must be expensive as fuck, I don't get why they just don't straight give them all the big series.

MadHouse is currently doing Ore Monotagari (which is a funny, cute slice of life RomeCom)

before that they did Parasyte and before that they did HXH 2011

This fall they are going to do One Punch Man..... Also I'd rather them do this awesome series then the main hoopla since usually these other series feel way better in the story department

it is like going to watch a a well put Indie film then a big blockbluster

SoulUnison

Banned
My dream is that we get a retread of the series without filler by a studio that cares what they're doing and can produce material as it's ready and not on a constant year-round deadline.

Pieriott is just terrible, awful, bad.

Joni

No, but he could beat Hinata.
She can shoot down bees. But apparantly Shino isn't popular enough to create conflict. :)

My dream is that we get a retread of the series without filler by a studio that cares what they're doing and can produce material as it's ready and not on a constant year-round deadline.
I doubt that will ever happen and it has nothing to do with Pierrot. They're just one of the studios capable of delivering on a year-round deadline.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wasn't Shino written out of the series for being too OP? I remember reading that somewhere.

Joni

Would his bugs keep attacking if he is taken out? So he summons 2000 chakra sucking bugs, is defeated and then the opponent is taken down anyway?

phaze

pachah1.png

SP have made plenty of chances over the last decade.

In Naruto ? When exactly was that ? The filler scriptwriters always have their hands tied cause it's not like they can change the status quo even a little bit. Granted, even with that limitation their efforts were subpar to say the least but if Pierrot would hire someone competent then I don't see why it couldn't turn g̶o̶o̶d̶ better then the past few years of Kishi's scribbles.

... as long as they'll manage to keep him away.

Would his bugs keep attacking if he is taken out? So he summons 2000 chakra sucking bugs, is defeated and then the opponent is taken down anyway?

I doubt bugs are gonna suddenly stop being hungry, especially the flesh eating bugs, he just needs to put a few of them on you and they just do their thing.

the clan should have a move where if they die, a swarm of bugs burst out of their bodies to take down whoever killed them

K11 rankings:

1) Sasuke (=)
2) Naruto (=)
3) Lee
4) Sakura
5) Choji
6) Shino
7) Shikamaru (tough one to place since the character is all about strategy rather than physical power)
8) Kiba
9) Hinata
10) 1010
11) Ino

Tenten could of been a lot stronger (Team Gai were the second best team) if she had more panel time.

In Naruto ? When exactly was that ? The filler scriptwriters always have their hands tied cause it's not like they can change the status quo even a little bit. Granted, even with that limitation their efforts were subpar to say the least but if Pierrot would hire someone competent then I don't see why it couldn't turn g̶o̶o̶d̶ better then the past few years of Kishi's scribbles.

... as long as they'll manage to keep him away.

What limitations? They've had so many filler arcs where they could of come up with interesting missions/arcs (the entirety of filler after part 1 for instance), they have also had the movies as well.

phaze

What limitations? They've had so many filler arcs where they could of come up with interesting missions/arcs (the entirety of filler after part 1 for instance), they have also had the movies as well.
They couldn't have any meaningful character or story development, any substantial world building because those are things that would go contrary to the manga. As such they were condemned to making pointless, self contained story arcs with throway villains and no progress in anything.

Joni

Nobody can die, nobody can get wounded, everyone has to end up at the same place as at the start (for instance, Naruto needs to be in the hospital at the end of Naruto), nobody can learn new attacks, new characters need to be written out of the show (which they did solve in Bleach with those mod souls), ...

Frog-fu

Banned
My rankings:

1. Naruto

2. Sasuke

3. Sakura

4. Lee*
5. Chōji
6. Shino
7. Kiba
8. Ten-Ten
9 Hinata
10. Shikamaru
11 Ino

*Eight Gates unlocked Lee is obviously above Sakura.

1. Naruto
2. Sasuke
3. Lee
4. Sakura
5. Shino
6. Choji
7. Sai
8. Kiba
9. Ten Ten
10. Hinata
11. Shikamaru (can defeat almost anyone with a good strategy, though)
12. Ino

Frog-fu

Banned
is eight gates lee even a thing?

if I'm not mistaken, he can only open five of them

I'm willing to assume EoS Lee can unlock all eight of them.

No way he legit gets placed above Sakura without them. That's an astrix, like Kakashi > Gai* - where the * is Eight Gates, i.e. Gai's "I win" button.

^^

I think its safe to assume Lee has 8 gates at the end. Its something thats clearly going to be passed down form teacher to student.

tumblr_ntatwnAkCp1ua1rz0o1_540.jpg

Thread title is now wrong xD

So it seems Kishi has already started drafts on his new manga (sci fi, shounen and wants it to be monthly). I still reckon he will return to Naruto......one day. For now I will take the movie as the conclusion.

Hero

Wasn't Shino written out of the series for being too OP? I remember reading that somewhere.

I like to believe that if Shino weren't away on a mission when Tsunade sent Naruto and the other genin after the Sound Ninja during the Sasuke Retrieval arc the mission would've been successful for them.

Top Bottom