• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Oh dear.

IIRC, Sasuke was in Konoha, Toneri was on the fucking moon.

And we have little clue how Sasuke's teleport works or when did he got the ability to travel between dimensions so that excuse doesn't work either.

Still better than SP any day of the week. Didn't the first meteor fall before K11 going to the moon?

See, that makes me depressed. We finally have these new low-level but interesting characters. Let's build our movie about them on an enemy completely out of the range of anyone but the two god level ninja's instead of giving the kids a challenge.

That is how Kishimoto would have handled it. I'm glad Pierrot doesn't get the Sasuke the perfect savior description Kishimoto has given the character.

These low level characters can have fun competing against each other in the Chunin exams which a lot of the film focuses on.

Its about time fans got to see Sasuke and Naruto truly fight together like that. Yes I agree that SP doesn't get the characters.

Fj0823

Id love to have The Last in manga by Kishi, I'm sure he'd fix my main issue with it

I mean the way he portrayed their relationship in his one shots was pretty much perfect.

:c
2iS7W0Z.jpg

Joni

Its about time fans got to see Sasuke and Naruto truly fight together like that.
The power creep you need on enemies to force them to work together is however ridicolous. The world is safe outside of these enemies that keep popping out that are stronger than the mother of chakra.

Yes I agree that SP doesn't get the characters.
And I'm glad SP always like Naruto more than Sasuke and that they have actually been hinting to Naruto + Hinata with their fillers since more than ten years ago. They managed to get that ten years before Kishimoto.

Holy fucking shit at that Bort movie clip. YOOOOOO

When
9 Tails Susanoo just strafed to the left and then sliced the other dude in half, that shit was so boss. Such swag and elegance for something that huge.

That music too...HNNGGG

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Must... not... spoil... self

The power creep you need on enemies to force them to work together is however ridicolous. The world is safe outside of these enemies that keep popping out that are stronger than the mother of chakra.

And I'm glad SP always like Naruto more than Sasuke and that they have actually been hinting to Naruto + Hinata with their fillers since more than ten years ago. They managed to get that ten years before Kishimoto.

Well this is supposedly the climax to that story arc that was hinted in the original manga and introduced in Gaiden.

And this is once again just proving my point in how SP is unable to adapt the manga properly. Oh and SP had far more "fanservice" towards Naruto and Sakura so your point is moot.

Now there are times where SP did nail the adaptation but the inconsistency (which has only gotten worse after Shippuuden) is far too significant to ignore.

I don't like spoiling stuff but a bit (30secs) of Sasuke's solo fight was shown and its soooo good:

https://twitter.com/moso273/status/638533905214107648

phaze

Still better than SP any day of the week. Didn't the first meteor fall before K11 going to the moon?

No ? The K11 didn't even go to the moon just select few of them. The meteors were part of the climax and happened long after Naruto&co went through the portal or whatever it was that got them to Toneri land.

Joni

Well this is supposedly the climax to that story arc that was hinted in the original manga and introduced in Gaiden.
That was shoehorned into the original manga and then expanded on in the Gaiden, which just as well did exactly what I'm complaining about. I think we both expect different stuff, I want a story with Naruto and Sasuke as side characters to the new generation like Jiraiya and Kakashi were for them. You want them front and center.

No ? The K11 didn't even go to the moon just select few of them. The meteors were part of the climax and happened long after Naruto&co went through the portal or whatever it was that got them to Toneri land.

Yeah I meant that team. I thought the first meteor falls before they assemble and leave. My memory may be hazy.

That was shoehorned into the original manga and then expanded on in the Gaiden, which just as well did exactly what I'm complaining about. I think we both expect different stuff, I want a story with Naruto and Sasuke as side characters to the new generation like Jiraiya and Kakashi were for them. You want them front and center.

No I want the older generation to share importance with the younger generation. I don't know how much you've heard of the new movie but one thing I really like is how both generations are focused. If the series could continue doing that for the rest of the cast then it would be perfect.

Yeah I meant that team. I thought the first meteor falls before they assemble and leave. My memory may be hazy.

No I want the older generation to share importance with the younger generation. I don't know how much you've heard of the new movie but one thing I really like is how both generations are focused. If the series could continue doing that for the rest of the cast then it would be perfect.

Eh was it really focused on both generations?
aside from bolts team and the people they went one on one against i dont feel like th focused on the kids at all chocho didn't do jack after all the time she got in the gaiden,lees son didn't speak,etc,
i feel like if he wanted to be done so bad and rush it he should have stopped with naruto the last and chapter 700

Eh was it really focused on both generations?
aside from bolts team and the people they went one on one against i dont feel like th focused on the kids at all chocho didn't do jack after all the time she got in the gaiden,lees son didn't speak,etc,
i feel like if he wanted to be done so bad and rush it he should have stopped with naruto the last and chapter 700

Well the movie is meant to be about Boruto's development and Gaiden centred around Sarada, reason being they are the new mains and also due to
the circumstances surrounding their fathers.

Like I said, if a future series was to also cover the rest of the cast it would be great.

That Boruto scene made me want to revisit some older fights from Shippuuden.

Kakashi vs Obito is like top 3, isn't it? It was just so well done. Emotional too.

holy fuck the animation in that fight is ridiculous

definitely looks like Norio Matsumoto had a hand in it.

fuck the whole movie looks sick. will watch only for the animation. fuck

Norio and Yamashita are both animators in the movie :)

If I remember correctly, Naruto used Sennin Mode alone in the Garden. When it comes to combat, he's been using it alongside his Bijū chakra since his meeting with Hagoromo.

Anybody have a mirror for this?

The link is back up. If not here are some gifs

3oEduP64i16z8VqI3m.gif

tumblr_nu45ydpEO21shlaabo2_400.gif

tumblr_nu45ydpEO21shlaabo1_400.gif

Hey gaf, so without spoiling, is the movie good?

Impressions from posters who have seen it. From the spoilers and word of mouth it seems to be a great movie.

Really enjoyed it. Animation was great and all the new characters are good. Would love to say more without spoiling lol. Very little of the old cast have spoken lines.

Also, Mitsuki is a great character. So mysterious.

Mitsuki or Sarada. Though I liked Sasuke a lot in this film

Watched Boruto the movie. Overall, really enjoyable movie. It has a few minor problems but it really doesn't detract all that much. It was a little misleading in a few spots when compared to the trailers but you can chalk that up to fanboy speculation, lol.

The last action sequence is fantastic

Joni

He took down three Pain bodies and figured out the secret. I think that puts him above both Tsunade and Orochimaru. But still way below Madara and the first in that case, as they are stronger than Pain.

Sai

Most agree that Jiraiya was the strongest of the original Sannin, mostly because of Sennin Mode. Orochimaru could use Senjutsu, but the way he used it was extremely limited, apparently, because he didn't have the right body for it. It's a shame that Tsunade was never granted any form of Senjutsu, as that would've made them all more comparable.

Don't think he was anywhere close to Madara, but Magen: Gama Rinshō was one of those attacks that just gave you a chance against almost everybody, provided the conditions were right for it.

rrc1594

He took down three Pain bodies and figured out the secret. I think that puts him above both Tsunade and Orochimaru. But still way below Madara and the first in that case, as they are stronger than Pain.

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't he purposely not beat Pain.

Sai

More like he missed his opportunity to defeat Rikudō Pain because he realized the secret behind them too late.

Nagato did admit that Jiraiya may have been capable of defeating them if he was aware that they were all puppets. Though, it's still questionable if he would have been able to defeat Nagato himself, as we later found out that he was just as much, if not more of a force to be reckoned with alone, despite his crippled state.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wow it's been way too long since someone posted in here. How strong was Jiraiya was he as strong as Madara?

Strongest of the Sannin, but not by much, and certainly nowhere near Madara.

3 Tomoe Madara would fuck Jiraiya up. I'm not even sure he would need a Sharingan. He is just the quintessential Uchiha. Powerful as fuck.

More like he missed his opportunity to defeat Rikudō Pain because he realized the secret behind them too late.

Nagato did admit that Jiraiya may have been capable of defeating them if he was aware that they were all puppets. Though, it's still questionable if he would have been able to defeat Nagato himself, as we later found out that he was just as much, if not more of a force to be reckoned with alone, despite his crippled state.

In retrospect, Nagato was being kind imo.

Jiraiya could've gotten him with Frog Song, but only if he didn't use Deva Path's Shinra Tensei or Banshō Ten'nin.

Don't even get me started on him fighting as Nagato instead of Pain. Nagato w/o mobility gave Naruto, Itachi and B trouble. He would've been a beast if he had reached his prime.

Joni

Oro is the strongest. Edo tensei :p
Orochimaru had a weaker Edo Tensei than Kabuto. They were not at the same level as the originals, very much unlike Kabuto's Edo Tensei.

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't he purposely not beat Pain.
He was certainly stunned by the reveal of Deva and the return of the dead bodies, but he went all out.

Indeed. The five normal bodies should be no problem, the Deva Path could have wrecked him I think.

Orochimaru had a weaker Edo Tensei than Kabuto. They were not at the same level as the originals, very much unlike Kabuto's Edo Tensei.

He was certainly stunned by the reveal of Deva and the return of the dead bodies, but he went all out.

Indeed. The five normal bodies should be no problem, the Deva Path could have wrecked him I think.

Even with weak Edo's, if it includes the 1st and 2nd Hokage that would be enough to make Orochimaru the strongest sannin.

I was actually going to say Tsunade but only due to her summon. Katsuyu is apparently monstrous in size.

Khezu

Jiraya was such a fun character.

He was top tier and scary, but in a believable way, and not in the comical plot bullshity way like everyone else.

Thank god he didn't get revived in the war. Kishi would have either shit on him, or gave him a bunch of illogical powerups that make no sense.

Joni

Orochimaru got stopped by the Third, an old man who had trouble with Kage Bunshin at that point stopped two Edo Tensei and a Kage level ninja. If you put it after this fight, he even lost his two most powerful pawns that he could summon. Even putting it before however, means Orochimaru would have to be prepared - unlike Jiraiya who uses Pa and Ma for his trump card - and Jiraiya seems to have access to more sealing techniques, including one that can stop Amaterasu and one that managed to reseal Naruto.

He also seems to be more melee-proficient than Orochimaru and he has the bigger chakra reserves, considering what he still did under effects of Tsunade's potion. They're both ninjutsu masters knowing almost all individual natures and they can obviously tank attacks, they both took direct hits of a four-tailed Naruto. Still, considering Jiraiya had to control Naruto and Orochimaru could just try to kill him, he probably had to do better than Orochimaru to live.

Genjutsu seems to be the only point where Orochimaru has a real advantage, but then you still have Ma and Pa which negates that point. That summon just takes Jiraiya and fixes all his weaknessess.

Damn, I want to see this fight. It would probably be the most exciting fight in the show if they both showed everything they had.

Got stomped and yet Oro lived and the Third got killed.....? The Third Hokage is no joke even at old age.

Orochimaru may be physically weaker but his arsenal of ninjutsu is probably unparalleled. Furthermore, Oro has ridiculous vitality. I mean this is the guy that was toying with 4 tails Naruto whilst being in a weakened state. Although its hinted numerous times that oro is the strongest Sannin, I will disregard that since it may just be villain hype. With Edo Tensei I don't see Jiraya being able to compete.

Hero

Originally didn't Kishi design the three sannin so that it echoed rock/paper/scissors in that each one had a specific other they could beat but not the other and thus why Jiraiya was unable to stop Orochimaru from defecting in the first place?

Oro beats Jiraiya, Jiraiya beats Tsunade, Tsunade beats Oro?

rambis

Banned
Wow it's been way too long since someone posted in here. How strong was Jiraiya was he as strong as Madara?
His last fight with Pain was animiated fucking beautifully and probably the only real look at his strength we got. I think he's definitely above the rest of the Sanin. Remember he had Itachi shaking in his boots who seemingly has sonned Oro since he was a young teen. Not to mention that Kisame was there as well.

But was he even stronger than Sage Naruto? Naruto was apparently able to master senjutsu and become a perfect or near perfect Sage which Jiraya struggled with. And we saw Naruto one shot several paths.

Idk, I would put him about or a little above Kakashi. He's probably right there with the Third.

Hero

His last fight with Pain was animiated fucking beautifully and probably the only real look at his strength we got. I think he's definitely above the rest of the Sanin. Remember he had Itachi shaking in his boots who seemingly has sonned Oro since he was a young teen. Not to mention that Kisame was there as well.

But was he even stronger than Sage Naruto? Naruto was apparently able to master senjutsu and become a perfect or near perfect Sage which Jiraya struggled with. And we saw Naruto one shot several paths.

Idk, I would put him about or a little above Kakashi. He's probably right there with the Third.

Jiraiya is so much higher than Kakashi, even being generous to Kakashi. Dude got hospitalized for every little thing in part one and doesn't have the chakra pool nor stamina to back up his jutsu.

rambis

Banned
Jiraiya is so much higher than Kakashi, even being generous to Kakashi. Dude got hospitalized for every little thing in part one and doesn't have the chakra pool nor stamina to back up his jutsu.
Wasnt that just from using his Mangeyko though? Which his body was never ever made to support in the first place. Oh and I guess the Tsyukomi.

But obviously we compare characters at their peaks. I don't think Kakashi could defeat Jiraya, due only to Senin mode really, but It doesn't seem like Jiraya is that far ahead of him.

Sai

Kakashi really only had low amounts of chakra compared to monsters like Naruto. Reason he spent so much time in the hospital bed in Part 1 was due to how taxing the Sharingan was on his body, because the eye wasn't physically compatible with it, and cost him a lot more chakra than it would've cost an Uchiha. I believe it was also implied that he had gotten a bit lazy, and his stamina could have dwindled as a result.

His chakra reserves did increase a lot, especially by the end of Part 2. But, I'd put that more on Kishimoto's negligence than anything, 'cause Kakashi was spamming Kamui waaay too much during that fight with Tobi; even before Kurama lent him some chakra.

Top Bottom