• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

aly

Doesn't Tenten have like 90% accuracy or something like that? If you really think about it, she is at least stronger than Itachi. We've seen him miss with his kunai before.

Infinite Tsukuyomi dream fillers next week
it seems the first one is Road to Ninja connected well some of it since Lee and Guy look have that "cool" design that Tenten dreamt about
oh and also TenTen is the protag next week

the infinite tsukuyomi fillers are going to last for weeks, right?

l3hwMJ6.gif

Oh god please no........

I'm happy with TenTen getting a whole episode to herself though.

Majine

Banned
Anime team must be salivating over the idea that they can make up all kinds of crap in the Tsukuyomi dream without plot restraints.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Anime team must be salivating over the idea that they can make up all kinds of crap in the Tsukuyomi dream without plot restraints.
They don't even care about that. They just plopped the Chunin Exam arc right in the middle of the Madara arc. Studio Pierrot gives no fucks.

Joni

They don't even care about that. They just plopped the Chunin Exam arc right in the middle of the Madara arc. Studio Pierrot gives no fucks.
They can't kill off anyone. They can't learn them new techniques. They can't wound someone seriously. It is all stuff they can do in dream stuff.

They can't kill off anyone. They can't learn them new techniques. They can't wound someone seriously. It is all stuff they can do in dream stuff.

These excuses don't hold at all.
There have been countless filler arcs. They could have come up with original stories with well thought out arcs and characters. They could of used the rookies to go out on interesting missions. Just recently they had the reins to an entire Chunin exam arc and the result was disappointing to say the least. Even after all these years, they can't even grasp the personality of the main characters. Oh and this is forgetting how I'm sure fillers have gone against canon numerous times.

These excuses don't hold at all.
There have been countless filler arcs. They could have come up with original stories with well thought out arcs and characters. They could of used the rookies to go out on interesting missions. Just recently they had the reins to an entire Chunin exam arc and the result was disappointing to say the least. Even after all these years, they can't even grasp the personality of the main characters. Oh and this is forgetting how I'm sure fillers have gone against canon numerous times.

Pretty much people give part one naruto alot of crap(rightfully so) about an entire season and a half being filler but at least they kept it consistent with the story with alot of the fillers being them looking for ways to find sasuke

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I never saw the year or two's worth of filler. Is it worth watching? I know Mizuki (silver haired shuriken villain from the very first arc) came back as a roided out hulk ninja or something.

Fj0823

I never saw the year or two's worth of filler. Is it worth watching? I know Mizuki (silver haired shuriken villain from the very first arc) came back as a roided out hulk ninja or something.

As a Hinata fan, some of her fillers where really really good
Even more now that we know she's endgame

The Gaara ones were fun. And the whole rookies on adventures were really fun

Rest were kinda meh, nothing insulting like the Nu Chunin Exams

aly

You can't be serious.

Of course not.

Oh yeah Tiger Mizuki. That was certainly something. I have to say as far as fillers go, The Kakashi Anbu arc was ok and made it interesting to see his interactions with people like Gai. I wish they spent more time on the time he spent working with Itachi and less smoke people stuff.

As a Hinata fan, some of her fillers where really really good
Even more now that we know she's endgame

The Gaara ones were fun. And the whole rookies on adventures were really fun

Rest were kinda meh, nothing insulting like the Nu Chunin Exams

That move they gave hinata in the filler went on to be a defining move in her moveset for the games lol. The konoha 11 arc was great! And i enjoyed some of the one shots like shino and naruto with the laughing episode or naruto,choji nd sakura making ramen lol

I call that time the dark ages of my life. The only thing decent was the Gara stuff at the end with a really funny scene, other than that, stay clear.

Joni

There have been countless filler arcs. They could have come up with original stories with well thought out arcs and characters. They could of used the rookies to go out on interesting missions.
Yes, they didn't do that. They did for Bleach, but even there it required weird stuff like cutting away in the middle of an arc. The stakes will however never be high in those fillers and you have to accept that. And because of that, it is boring because you know how it will end. It would be a lot different once they get full control.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hey NarutoGaf, I have a question. Was Sasuke's "atomic/scientific" motif done deliberately or am I reading too much into it?

His MS looks like an atomic symbol.
He talks about breaking bonds to attain new/more power. When you break the bonds between molecules, energy is released. So I thought that was pretty clever.
Susano'o hurts every cell in his body.

Is there any more like this? I just thought it was interesting.

You give Kishimoto too much credit.

Also that shit about Susanoo hurting every cell in his body don't apply no more. Probably just growing pains.

Yes, they didn't do that. They did for Bleach, but even there it required weird stuff like cutting away in the middle of an arc. The stakes will however never be high in those fillers and you have to accept that. And because of that, it is boring because you know how it will end. It would be a lot different once they get full control.

Stakes they don't have to be high for it to be a captivating arc. I don't believe SP knows the cast and their relationships well enough and form what I've seen neither do most fans.

Hey NarutoGaf, I have a question. Was Sasuke's "atomic/scientific" motif done deliberately or am I reading too much into it?

He talks about breaking bonds to attain new/more power. When you break the bonds between molecules, energy is released. So I thought that was pretty clever.

That would be impressive if true. Who knows. Can't see much reaosn for the other MS designs. I guess Itachi's looks like a shuriken which was the symbol of the Konoha Police Force and which he would no doubt become the leader of.

SolVanderlyn

This is a fantastic interpretation regardless of authorial intent

Looks like coincidence to me.

Uzumaki Goku

I watched The Last...

And Oh God, I don't know what the appeal is... but this was awful, like a really bad fanfic..

Genjutsu love... ....yeah... I don't even.... ugh... I couldn't even take the movie seriously after that.

jdkluv

I watched The Last...

And Oh God, I don't know what the appeal is... but this was awful, like a really bad fanfic..

Genjutsu love... ....yeah... I don't even.... ugh... I couldn't even take the movie seriously after that.

The genjutsu trap was just the wheel they chose to move the plot. Much better than a generic confession, I think. Plus this is Naruto, and Naruto LOVES flashbacks.

"Genjutsu love" misses the point, though. Naruto has been falling for Hinata since Part 1. The Last is just his wake-up call.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naw, man, nobody that actually cares about the story and continuity more than romance actually buys into the BS. There was no wake uip call. The Last is just some high tier pandering retcon horse shit. The only reason they did it that way to push this true love angel to a nonexistant relationship. They could have and should have cut that entirely.

Fj0823

I enjoyed the Last

Me too, couldve done without the "Can't live without you" at the end dude you told her you liked her yesterday!,

I wouldve changed it for a simple asking her out to eat ramen, movie ends with them having fun together. Hell movie should have ended with the one shot!

But this is shounen anime, and it was sweet despite the rushed ending. Naruto got the best girl and OP kids.

Haters can stay mad

Naw, man, nobody that actually cares about the story and continuity more than romance actually buys into the BS. There was no wake uip call. The Last is just some high tier pandering retcon horse shit. The only reason they did it that way to push this true love angel to a nonexistant relationship. They could have and should have cut that entirely.

Bro you need to go lay day.

I enjoyed the Last

I liked it too especially bring back some old music from the original naruto series in some scenes, especially the
final fight with his original theme song
Saw it at anime expo on the big screen was awesome. I wasn't aware it was about Naruto & HInata though, that movie poster was so misleading..... well just with
sasuke

Village

Well Tekken Sasuke.

If I were kishimoto, I would say I did mean it . Even if i didn't plan it

I watched The Last...

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with the Last and at this point its been pointed out numerous times, though SP messing things up is hardly new. Kishi should of never given them the reins to such a thing.

Don't worry, the Boruto movie is so much better.

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with the Last and at this point its been pointed out numerous times, though SP messing things up is hardly new. Kishi should of never given them the reins to such a thing.

Don't worry, the Boruto movie is so much better.

Didn't Pierrot also do the Boruto movie? Did they manage to do right by it? (no spoilers please)

Didn't Pierrot also do the Boruto movie? Did they manage to do right by it? (no spoilers please)

Difference is Kishi was far more involved with Boruto. Far less questionable decisions, characters are well represented and in character and its a great intro to the Boruto character. The biggest complaint about The Last was the lack of Sasuke despite being advertised so much and Kishi also understood that hence Sasuke being a main character in Boruto the movie. The fighting scenes are animated really well too. I've heard very few complaints from people who have watched the film so I guess they did manage to do it right.

Sai

Uh, as a Sasuke fan, The Last's lack of Sasuke screen-time was hardly its biggest complaint.

Boruto is being made out to be a better production than The Last was though.

Uh, as a Sasuke fan, The Last's lack of Sasuke screen-time was hardly its biggest complaint.

Boruto is being made out to be a better production than The Last was though.

In Japan, I think it was the most vocal complaint.....or at least the one Kishi wanted to remedy since I recall him mentioning it.

Fj0823

In Japan, I think it was the most vocal complaint.....or at least the one Kishi wanted to remedy since I recall him mentioning it.

Yep IRRC Japan loved the love story....And I thought it was really good until the last part, which was waaaay too rushed

But hey, this is the country of anime, were a girl falling from the sky and F****ing the guy 5 minutes later is considered romantic :p

What? That sasuke appeared for only two seconds? That wasn't bad at all.

Ignoring the most important character to the series after the protagonist, especially one as popular as Sasuke, is not going to please fans.

Funny thing is they advertised him so much, yet he appears for 30 secs to chidori a meteor. Whats even more stupid is him turning up all of a sudden and then leaving....well it had to be otherwise Toneri would get wrecked. Just another baffling decision SP went with for the pettiest of reasons.

Joni

Yes, wanting to make a movie about Hinata and Naruto and then not focusing on Sasuke is 'petty'. Should have left him out completely.

Ignoring the most important character to the series after the protagonist, especially one as popular as Sasuke, is not going to please fans.

Funny thing is they advertised him so much, yet he appears for 30 secs to chidori a meteor. Whats even more stupid is him turning up all of a sudden and then leaving....well it had to be otherwise Toneri would get wrecked. Just another baffling decision SP went with for the pettiest of reasons.

I mean... why place all the blame on Pierrot tho. On a whim, Kishi could have given half the film to his favorite character in the outline. But the film wasn't about that. It was about setting up and paying off Naruto and Hinata's (however flimsy) relationship. Sasuke would have simply muddled that up. Besides, Sasuke showing up for such an extended period in the film would make no sense in the context of where the manga had left off two years prior. Sauce at that point would still be on his journey of "redemption" anyway in the middle of bumfuck who knows where. Him occupying a larger chunk of the movie would have made zero sense.

I mean... why place all the blame on Pierrot tho. On a whim, Kishi could have given half the film to his favorite character in the outline. But the film wasn't about that. It was about setting up and paying off Naruto and Hinata's (however flimsy) relationship. Sasuke would have simply muddled that up. Besides, Sasuke showing up for such an extended period in the film would make no sense in the context of where the manga had left off two years prior. Sauce at that point would still be on his journey of "redemption" anyway in the middle of bumfuck who knows where. Him occupying a larger chunk of the movie would have made zero sense.

Yes, wanting to make a movie about Hinata and Naruto and then not focusing on Sasuke is 'petty'. Should have left him out completely.

Pierrot is the one who predominantly wrote the Last, thats why.
Meanwhile, Kishi just recently said in an interview how in Boruto he had full control of the script. I think you are misunderstanding things. Sasuke did not need to be in the film. The problem is them advertising him a lot for the film, then giving him 30 secs, and the context of his arrival and disappearance being nonsensical.

If you can read properly Joni, the petty reason is referring to showing Sasuke coming to Konoha and then making him leave in seconds because if Sasuke was there, Toneri would get destroyed.

phaze

Meanwhile, Kishi just recently said in an interview how in Boruto he had full control of the script. I think you are misunderstanding things. Sasuke did not need to be in the film. The problem is them advertising him a lot for the film, then giving him 30 secs, and the context of his arrival and disappearance being nonsensical.

Oh dear.
If you can read properly Joni, the petty reason is referring to showing Sasuke coming to Konoha and then making him leave in seconds because if Sasuke was there, Toneri would get destroyed

IIRC, Sasuke was in Konoha, Toneri was on the fucking moon.

And we have little clue how Sasuke's teleport works or when did he got the ability to travel between dimensions so that excuse doesn't work either.

Joni

quoted from other thread
See, that makes me depressed. We finally have these new low-level but interesting characters. Let's build our movie about them on an enemy completely out of the range of anyone but the two god level ninja's instead of giving the kids a challenge.

If you can read properly Joni, the petty reason is referring to showing Sasuke coming to Konoha and then making him leave in seconds because if Sasuke was there, Toneri would get destroyed.
That is how Kishimoto would have handled it. I'm glad Pierrot doesn't get the Sasuke the perfect savior description Kishimoto has given the character.

jdkluv

Kishimoto had ultimate creative control and directly influenced The Last far more than any movie prior, though. Because he had the intent of it being canon.

I fear how many episodes these fillers will go on for...after all the Naruto cast is a big one ;___;

Kind of related, new Naruto movie sakuga

SPOILERS since its the final fight

Dat Reverse Situation remix.
Dat Sasuke being stylish as fuck.

I'm so glad he didn't recover that arm. Such a finesse fighter.

Top Bottom