• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Arabesque

I've no clue about the twitch, can't see anything on the main page,is this something available for all ? Link me please if so.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

it just started

Kishimoto said that the final moment between Naruto and Sasuke in 698 is his favourite moment

Hiden is his favourite villain (lol)

Kishimoto seems to forget that Orichmaru is meant to be snake, not a cockroach lol

The interview is very vanilla thus far. Not much intreasting stuff in it.

And it's over. Not really that exciting, hope the panel later is more engaging. From what I've heard of the Apple Store event yesterday, Kishimoto was more active in his answers.

Arabesque

Miss anything? Caught only a bit about the Ninja Turtles? lol.
The first thing Kishimoto did in New York was watch the Yankees lose.

His favourite moment in the series is the end of Naruto vs Sasuke

And that's mostly it. The interview was really fluff for the most part, asking him about what he thinks of NY and the Naruto games, what are his favourite moments on working on the series.

I wish they asked him about the abs he had been developing thanks to his training.

phaze

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

it just started

Kishimoto said that the final moment between Naruto and Sasuke in 698 is his favourite moment

Hiden is his favourite villain (lol)

Kishimoto seems to forget that Orichmaru is meant to be snake, not a cockroach lol

The interview is very vanilla thus far. Not much intreasting stuff in it.

And it's over. Not really that exciting, hope the panel later is more engaging. From what I've heard of the Apple Store event yesterday, Kishimoto was more active in his answers.

Cheers, caught up last few bits. Thanks for the summary.

Arabesque

Math with Naruto! Cool that it sold 220 million copies, but lol trying to get us to visualise that through those examples.

The special edition is supposedly with something to indicate it is from Comiccon I believe

Edit:

lol, Kishimoto's hand gesture at getting canned

Management and higher ups wanted Kishimoto to continue the series longer, but he said no. The ending was mostly the same seemingly, especially the bit about Naruto and Sasuke making the sign of reconciliation at the valley of the end.

Kishimoto started working on the Boruto film screenplay while he was drawing the final chapters

ghstwrld

these questions
2q8u2hw.png

Arabesque

This crowd is very excited haha

The question about his honeymoon is so sad

Naruto coming to an end made Oda pause and consider that his manga is ending too sometime in the future (obvious, but it is understandable how it would make him worry)

Arabesque

Ya Kishi should just relax and be a family man, come back to manga once his kids are out of the house if he wants.

Yeah, it's really depressing to hear he can't just relax with his wife even now :(

I guess his new manga won't be starting so soon, which is for the best. Dude needs to relax.

Arabesque

Main inspirations for Naruto:

Tezuka's Phoenix (in particular the Karma arc) <- guess we now know where he got those ideas @Erigu

20th Century's Boys and Monster by Urasawa

Inoue's Slam Dunk

And of course Dragon Ball, Saint Seyia, all those manga from the golden age of Jump

Time to draw

OMG if he actually drew Madara as his favourite character haha

Arabesque

Yeah, stuff we knew. He worked on The Last, but Boruto is the first screenplay he worked on from start to finish completely.

Lol at the crowd during the cake moment.

This crowd reaction is pretty great.

Arabesque

And that's it.

Pretty great panel. Much better than the interview earlier today and almost as good as the Apple Store event. Was pretty fun.

they got hype for any naruto/sasuke friendship moment lol

Haha yeah.

Kishimoto's reaction to the crowd at the trailer was also pretty good.

The crowd were giving him huge applauses all around. Good to see.

Kishi nearly cried at the end of the Boruto trailer ;_____;
You did good Kishi.

So Kishi claims Boruto is the "last chapter" of the series.

How long until that statement isn't true?

3-6 months.............. can't believe the TV show still in filler hell, its like they know something, or it's just milk, milk, milk..Next month will be 1 year since chapter 700...end the damn Anime already sheeeesh.l.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
3-6 months.............. can't believe the TV show still in filler hell, its like they know something, or it's just milk, milk, milk..Next month will be 1 year since chapter 700...end the damn Anime already sheeeesh.l.

Maybe they got the OK to keep going and make a part three.

jorgejjvr

And that's it.

Pretty great panel. Much better than the interview earlier today and almost as good as the Apple Store event. Was pretty fun.

Haha yeah.

Kishimoto's reaction to the crowd at the trailer was also pretty good.
Is this available on YouTube? Or will be available?

Just came back from the movie. Was totally awesome. Boruto is no longer a shitheel to me.

The movie's end fight is like something out of a CyberConnect2 game. Unbelievable.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
That i don't know. But he was the lead for Boruto and he's done most of my favorite fights (sasuke/dedeira, kakashi/obito, taka/bee, jiraiya/pain). I just love the "choreography" in his fights.

Taka_Naruto_Shippuuden_119-120_XviD.gif

dUcDN8Y.gif

If anybody on their team would do Naruto/Sasuke I would hope for it to be him
193887-sakura_reg.gif

Just a bit of correction here, he didnt do the kakashi/obito fight, instead there were 2 people who studied his style that did it, he was more than likely busy working on boruto at the time.

Arabesque

Is this available on YouTube? Or will be available?
Psyco_Mantis posted the interview, and the panel recording is also available on YouTube (and I believe it will be made available officially later on).

The Apple Store event will be available as a podcast on iTunes, and I think there will be another interview with him on the SJ podcast.

Once they are available, I'll post about it.

Just came back from the movie. Was totally awesome. Boruto is no longer a shitheel to me.

As expected. I know Boruto has an attitude and all but i'm kind of surprised that people even bothered to hate him in the first place when it's obvious that he was being set up for some developments lol

As expected. I know Boruto has an attitude and all but i'm kind of surprised that people even bothered to hate him in the first place when it's obvious that he was being set up for some developments lol
Well it was hard to empathise with him since Naruto could be everywhere and he was being just a whiny douche in the Gaiden.

The movie takes that first element and uses it as part of its story. The real Naruto is never around his family which leaves him feeling bitter. Of course the movie doesn't really justify why Narutos clones poof out so easily doing normal things but at least it's addressed as a reason for Boruto's acting out.

I mean I didn't empathize with him. I didn't really have a reason to. Just saying, it almost felt like a waste of energy hating him before giving the story a chance to at least try to explain him, especially when it was so clear (well in my mind at least) that it was going to happen.

Can anyone give me a write-up?

Last time I was in here, there were 2 chapters of Boruto Gaiden, and what is going on now. Boruto movie? More Naruto? WAT IS HAPPENING. Is Kishi back? Is there more actual manga volumes made by him? Is it worth reading? what do I do? do I wait for this movie (retelling of this boruto manga).

Arabesque

Can anyone give me a write-up?

Last time I was in here, there were 2 chapters of Boruto Gaiden, and what is going on now. Boruto movie?

Sure.

The Boruto movie got announced after the Last movie in December, but without a release date. Then we got the date of when the spin off manga (Naruto Gaiden) was going to come out (in April) to help promote the movie. Now the Boruto movie is out in the US.

More Naruto? WAT IS HAPPENING.

Shueisha had decided it wants to make sure one of its most popular franchises continues on making money for them.

Is Kishi back?

No, he's pretty much done with Nartuo for the time being. Going to be working on a sci-if manga next sometime later (a few years maybe) and possibly released on a digital platform (through Jump Plus).

Is there more actual manga volumes made by him? Is it worth reading?

Aside form the Gaiden volume, no. There are some one off stories he drew for the movies and the art exhibition that you can check out, and I'd say they are worth checking out. They are just fun side stories.

(Not including things like art books and side materials etc.)

what do I do? do I wait for this movie (retelling of this boruto manga).

The movie is an original story, not a retelling of the Gaiden. You can read Gaiden normally since the movie takes place after it chronologically.

Buzz around the movie had been positive so you might want to check it out too.

jorgejjvr

Ah, I thought we all already knew this lol.
lol well, I've been avoiding all spoilers, so it was a shock to me. I'm glad I went in blind, because it was all extremely rewarding

This movie was so good.

A Naruto fan dream come true.

I left wanting more though. I want this (movies/manga/anime) to continue. So much potential with the new generation. I want more.

Top Bottom