• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Er, yes, brainfart. You're correct. I need some rest. :<

For what's worth, Hayato Date (the director of the anime) twitted that the ending the manga got is the same ending that Kishimoto told him *8 years ago* (albeit some minor last minute changes). Hell, Black Zetsu/Kaguya was foreshadowed in Naruto vs. Sasuke Part 1.

I mean... one could doubt that Kishi looked that much into it... but the fact that the Byakugan and Gentle Fist are based off B&#257;guàzh&#462;ng (which is itself referenced in the "Eight Trigrams ____ Palms" techniques) shows it's not a coincidence.

At the very least we all agree that Kishi is literally Mr. Parallel and loves his symbolism, right? :V

She didn't say anything about the ending though.

I’m glad that Kishi has himself decided that NH were meant to be. It’s supposed to be HIS manga, not his wife's. This only prove that he really loves NH and that he was not forced to put them together by neither SP nor anyone else.

Two Yang/Yin types are destined for sadness.

Speaking of this, didn't Naruto beat Toneri with one (Falcon) Punch in The Last? Lol.

Wait, how was Kaguya hinted at during the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in Part 1? I know Madara, Obito/Tobi, and the Rinnegan were, but how so with Kaguya? Are you talking about how Zetsu was strongly hinted at using the Byakugan to view the fight?

jdkluv

Wait, how was Kaguya hinted at during the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in Part 1? I know Madara, Obito/Tobi, and the Rinnegan were, but how so with Kaguya? Are you talking about how Zetsu was strongly hinted at using the Byakugan to view the fight?

There's a panel from 234 after Naruto vs. Sasuke's first battle and Black Zetsu was once again on the top of the cliff "recording" the battle (just like with Hashirama and Madara) then he says "Yes... this is getting interesting, no?" or something like it. Here's the panel in question.

Look at the bottom left panel... does Sasuke notice Black Zetsu above, just like how Hashirama did after his battle with Madara? Same place, same situation... and then 1 chapter later Zetsu comes out of the ground at the Valley of the End and shambles off laughing to himself...

I feel this fits perfectly into the larger narrative. Black Zetsu is watching yet another reincarnation of Asura/Indra coming against each other, just like he engineered with Madara/Hashirama. Black Zetsu/Kaguya's plan could possibly be traced all the way back to chapter 234, if you ask me... Just my two cents, anyway.

comeonson.jpg

Lol Ikr. :V

It's almost been a year since the manga ended and people are still arguing about the ending and ships sailing and burning. I blame all the filler, it's getting everyone tensed and grouchy.

Don't really care about the anime tbh. In fact, I loathe how SP flanderized Hinata in the anime - the entire argument that she is a stalker or faints around Naruto originates nearly entirely in the anime, not the manga, and does not at all fit with the manga characterization. I shipped NH because the dynamics of it, and I saw Naruto acknowledge her, and she acknowledging him for who he truly is.

That being said, I fucking loved Jiraiya's death flashback and Hinata's confession in the anime (too bad the bullying sucked).

Erigu

Look at the bottom left panel... does Sasuke notice Black Zetsu above, just like how Hashirama did after his battle with Madara? Same place, same situation... and then 1 chapter later Zetsu comes out of the ground at the valley of the end and shambles off laughing to himself...
As said above in my reply to Psycho_Mantis, that doesn't mean it's foreshadowing. Foreshadowing implies the author actually knew where he was going with that, that he had planned ahead. You don't need to plan ahead to come up with stuff like the example you just gave; that absolutely is something you can come up with after the fact.

(also, you probably shouldn't link to scan sites like that, on this forum)

jdkluv

As said above in my reply to Psycho_Mantis, that doesn't mean it's foreshadowing. Foreshadowing implies the author actually knew where he was going with that, that he had planned ahead. You don't need to plan ahead to come up with stuff like the example you just gave; that absolutely is something you can come up with after the fact.

(also, you probably shouldn't link to scan sites like that, on this forum)

Okay, just uploaded the pictures to Imgur. Thanks for telling me that - much appreciated.

In retrospective, I probably shouldn't have said that. Now, while I do have my doubts that Kaguya was planned *that* early in the story, I have to admit there are some curious hints regarding Madara's story arc once he was properly introduced into the story that, in retrospective point out to the idea that he wasn't meant to be the “true mastermind” all along (that "Madara has no weaknesses" quote by Kishi felt alot like his sardonic humor, lol). I do think Kishi should have mentioned her earlier/foreshadowed her more, but I don't disagree with the basic premise. I actually liked her better than messianic complex Madara, lol.

Though I'm probably a bit biased 'cause the Byakugan is my favorite doujutsu.

There's a panel from 234 after Naruto vs. Sasuke's first battle and Black Zetsu was once again on the top of the cliff "recording" the battle (just like with Hashirama and Madara) then he says "Yes... this is getting interesting, no?" or something like it. Here's the panel in question.

Look at the bottom left panel... does Sasuke notice Black Zetsu above, just like how Hashirama did after his battle with Madara? Same place, same situation... and then 1 chapter later Zetsu comes out of the ground at the valley of the end and shambles off laughing to himself...

I feel this fits perfectly into the larger narrative. Black Zetsu is watching yet another reincarnation of Asura/Indra coming against each other, just like he engineered with Madara/Hashirama. Black Zetsu/Kaguya's plan could possibly be traced all the way back to chapter 234, if you ask me... Just my two cents, anyway.

Lol Ikr. :V

Don't really care about the anime tbh. In fact, I loathe how SP flanderized Hinata in the anime - the entire argument that she is a stalker or faints around Naruto originates nearly entirely in the anime, not the manga, and does not at all fit with the manga characterization. I shipped NH because the dynamics of it, and I saw Naruto acknowledge her, and she acknowledging him for who he truly is.

That being said, I fucking loved Jiraiya's death flashback and Hinata's confession in the anime (too bad the bullying sucked).

That's a good observation, but I think that at the time, this could be seen as Zetsu spying on them on behalf of the Akatsuki. I think Kishi did a revisit of this battle, and likely based the Kaguya/Zetsu plot around it. I think by the end of Part 1, Kishi had a strong outline for the rest of the series, but I really do think Kaguya as a concept was not conceived until sometime during Part 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well that may have been the weirdest alcohol induced post I've ever made

On topic, I'm sick of all the filler SP is going with. I guess they put all their real talent on the Boruto movie, but a rewatch of the ninja war is going to be damn near unbearable without a filler guide, sometimes even skipping half of an episode instead of an entire episode. Putting all my eggs in the Ninja Storm 4 basket for good adaptation of the manga material at this point

Random question but does anyone remember towards the end of the manga there was a figure shown in the distance.....did we learn who tat was?

Well that may have been the weirdest alcohol induced post I've ever made

On topic, I'm sick of all the filler SP is going with. I guess they put all their real talent on the Boruto movie, but a rewatch of the ninja war is going to be damn near unbearable without a filler guide, sometimes even skipping half of an episode instead of an entire episode. Putting all my eggs in the Ninja Storm 4 basket for good adaptation of the manga material at this point

Don't worry so has Kishi xD

TUSR

Banned
l6HKCcl.jpg

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Uhhh so who did Lee have his kid with?

Lee and Ten Ten had a drunken tryst that Ten Ten regretted and wanted desperately to forget. She went to a monastery and had the child, who was raised with no knowledge of his parentage. Eventually this talentless and anonymous boy was discovered by Rock Lee and taken in as his apprentice.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still think Mitsuki's mother is
Karin

SolVanderlyn

Orochimaru is both the father and mother.

Because it'd be nice 'n weird that way. :p
So he's like Grunt from Mass Effect 2?

I... dunno about that :/

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Boruto the movie's ending credits sequence makes me so giddy inside, slightly moreso than the last's credit slate/

foxuzamaki

I guess nostalgic would be the correct term but I guess heart warming is my personal best way to describe it.

That and a incredible desire to see new gen saga, it just feels like preparations for it, but kishi has stated he's done with the series, but I kinda wouldnt be mad at a GT type of situations but at same time god no because its not kishi writing/drawing it.

Like the movie shows glimpses at what looks like obviously bee's kid and maybe possibly gaara or kankorou's kid. but we got almost nothing from them, almost like they were teases.

SolVanderlyn

Ray Down

Banned
Since I haven't seen the Boruto movie I got to ask you guys about a question about it, does Naruto act a bit OOC with being a father?

I ask because I've seen some criticize Naruto being to shitty of a dad since becoming Hokage and there isn't much resolution to him and Bolt relationship or him getting better at being a dad.

Is that the case?

Since I haven't seen the Boruto movie I got to ask you guys about a question about it, does Naruto act a bit OOC with being a father?

I ask because I've seen some criticize Naruto being to shitty of a dad since becoming Hokage and there isn't much resolution to him and Bolt relationship or him getting better at being a dad.

Is that the case?

The reality is Naruto and Sasuke have had to sacrifice a lot of time to ensure peace is kept (especially Sasuke -___- ) and hence are unable to spend time with their kids. However despite this, it is made clear that both fathers dearly love their children and Sarada and Bolt come to know this. The kids understand this. There may not be a clear resolution ( for instance Naruto is still Hokage and spends a lot of time at work) but I think the resolution is the understanding that results in both parent and child being content.

foxuzamaki

Is that the case?
I thnk it reaches a clear and realistic understanding by the end, and it kinda hints that even boruto himself finds himself busy, atleast sometimes and cant be everywhere.
He comes to learn that naruto does love him, naruto is just new at the whole father thing.

Guys, you know what day today is. Its exactly one year from when the ending of Naruto got leaked. What a ride that thread was, from the meltdowns to the celebrations it truly was unforgettable.

tumblr_nxctgpJpf91qdnjjpo2_1280.png

Guys, you know what day today is. Its exactly one year from when the ending of Naruto got leaked. What a ride that thread was, from the meltdowns to the celebrations it truly was unforgettable.

And we're still not even close to Team 7 VS Kaguya or Naruto VS Sasuke in the anime lol.

I can't get full closure on this series until that happens. Until then my hype continues to build...

Sharpeye

Man I remember watching the leaks happen live with Evil on the naruto forums and watching neogafs and 4chans reaction to it all. The amount of salt, denial, celebration and just sheer chaos was beautiful to see. I was pretty satisfied with the ending overall, maybe because I was a naruhina shipper since I was like 9 years old and had no problems with sasusaku. I also enjoy the grown up versions of team 7 much more than their younger selves including their children, especially Sarada. Looking forward to what SP has plan once they finish with Filler Hell part two: The dream for Cannon.

SolVanderlyn

That was a year ago already? Yikes.

And we're still not even close to Team 7 VS Kaguya or Naruto VS Sasuke in the anime lol.

I can't get full closure on this series until that happens. Until then my hype continues to build...
Right there with you. Filler hell has to end before NS4 is out at least... right?

Top Bottom