• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

TUSR

Banned
the final fight scene was so good

when naruto and sasuke teamed up and naruto used sasuke's sword.

all over me

Hachitora

The movie was really good. So many good moments, and the fights were great
Nice seeing the focus on hand-to-hand combat with Naruto and Sasuke in the last battle. Was worried it would be more DBZ-esque figthing like the final battles of the main series. Also, fangasmed when I heared Keisei Gyakuten (Reverse Situation) play in the fight, and seeing Sasuke use Lion's Barrage again just made me so happy. Can't wait for DVD to come out so I can rewatch that fight scene over and over again, lol.

I did want to see more out of the other characters though. Did Ino even have any lines??? Got some nice Sakura badassness, but no Hinata fighting :( would've been nice to see an angry mama Hinata getting in on the action. Not to mention more fighting from Sarada and Boruto himself. The Rasengan at the end was awesome but it would've been nice to see him do some hand-to-hand stuff. Though I guess a taijutsu fight with a genin versus what amounts to a god wouldn't be too even

Edit: I haven't even watched The Last yet, lol. Or even Road to Ninja. Should probably get to that

The movie was more consistent than the last and the climax was better but I don't know if I enjoyed it more. I left still thinking that Boruto is the lamest one of Sarada's team. He really is Naruto without any of the charm.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ooh I thought this was only showing one day here but looks like I can still catch it, oh boy. All your glowing impressions are getting me hype.

The movie was more consistent than the last and the climax was better but I don't know if I enjoyed it more. I left still thinking that Boruto is the lamest one of Sarada's team. He really is Naruto without any of the charm.

I agree.

The movie was really good. So many good moments, and the fights were great
Nice seeing the focus on hand-to-hand combat with Naruto and Sasuke in the last battle. Was worried it would be more DBZ-esque figthing like the final battles of the main series. Also, fangasmed when I heared Keisei Gyakuten (Reverse Situation) play in the fight, and seeing Sasuke use Lion's Barrage again just made me so happy. Can't wait for DVD to come out so I can rewatch that fight scene over and over again, lol.

I did want to see more out of the other characters though. Did Ino even have any lines??? Got some nice Sakura badassness, but no Hinata fighting :( would've been nice to see an angry mama Hinata getting in on the action. Not to mention more fighting from Sarada and Boruto himself. The Rasengan at the end was awesome but it would've been nice to see him do some hand-to-hand stuff. Though I guess a taijutsu fight with a genin versus what amounts to a god wouldn't be too even

Edit: I haven't even watched The Last yet, lol. Or even Road to Ninja. Should probably get to that

Didn't Hinata attempt to go after Naruto and then get knocked out. I saw a scene where Sakura is saving her?

Watching Boruto tomorrow night. Really hyped after the glowing impressions here. Can't wait!

How much better is it than The Last, just for comparison's sake?

Hachitora

Didn't Hinata attempt to go after Naruto and then get knocked out. I saw a scene where Sakura is saving her?
Yeah she did, but I mean, we didn't see much fighting with her. None of that main-line Hyuuga gentle fist action. Yes, she tried to do something, but I wanted to actually see some fighting. I'm fine with what we got, since she didn't just stand around, but still.

Watching Boruto tomorrow night. Really hyped after the glowing impressions here. Can't wait!

How much better is it than The Last, just for comparison's sake?
Waaaaaaay better. Lots of action, watching Naruto fail at being a dad, watching Sasuke be the cool uncle, Chunin exam nostalgia, one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen. Easily the best movie to me.

I thought the Last was really boring and the story was terrible to be honest.

Yeah she did, but I mean, we didn't see much fighting with her. None of that main-line Hyuuga gentle fist action. Yes, she tried to do something, but I wanted to actually see some fighting. I'm fine with what we got, since she didn't just stand around, but still.

tbh Hinata has never been the fighting type and her level is nowhere near that of the villains.

brinstar

is there any, I don't know if affectionate is the right word, but like... is there any nice "married couple" scenes with Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura?

is there any, I don't know if affectionate is the right word, but like... is there any nice "married couple" scenes with Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura?
Not really. It's mostly Dadruto and Cool Uncle Sasuke. At best, Sarada
notes that Sakura is "happy" whenever Sasuke is in the village. Naruto' s scenes focus on what is between him and his son. There is a nice shot of Sakura and Sasuke near the end, tho

Waaaaaaay better. Lots of action, watching Naruto fail at being a dad, watching Sasuke be the cool uncle, Chunin exam nostalgia, one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen. Easily the best movie to me.

I thought the Last was really boring and the story was terrible to be honest.
sgi58.jpg

Film starts in 30 mins! Hyyyyyped!!

Pein

Banned
got ticket for next wednesday, I completely forgot about this and couldn't go to nycc to see kishi either because my grandfather died.

Ponn

Banned
got ticket for next wednesday, I completely forgot about this and couldn't go to nycc to see kishi either because my grandfather died.

Sorry for your loss, bittersweet time but maybe the movie will help.

Finally came yesterday. Awesome movie, felt more canon and better than any previous movie. I still maintain though it was made to troll Naruto x Sakura fans hard.

Arabesque

Since it looks like the majority of the interviews and panels had been posted (with the exception of one) here are the links for those interested:

Kishimoto at the Apple Store Event (episode is titled Naruto: Meet the Creator)

Kishimoto mini live interview with the Shonen Jump Podcast @ twitch

Kishimoto's panel in NYCC @ twitch

Kishimoto interview at ANN

And there will also be a second (longer?) interview with the Shonen Jump podcast that hadn't been posted yet.

Sorry for your loss :( stay strong.

Finally came yesterday. Awesome movie, felt more canon and better than any previous movie. I still maintain though it was made to troll Naruto x Sakura fans hard.

From his interview, Kishimoto didn't realise that it would cause as much controversy as it did. His wife and some of the female staff in Studio Pierrot were upset about it.

He did clarify that he intended to have them end up together from the mid point of the story though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Boyeee that movie was great. And not just the fights, the whole thing. Lots of great character moments, solid overall plot and message.

But boy those fights huh. I love that they kept Naruto and Sasuke as powerful as they should be, no "aw they shoulda been stronger than that" here. From the very first scene things felt perfect in that regard.

I love that they plugged those hanging Kaguya plot threads too, gives everything some solid closure finally.

I dunno why Naruto is even funding that technology division when he so clearly disapproves of it.

Holy fucking shit this movie.

Legitimate great character development and incredible action set pieces. Really just leaves you wanting more.
I really, realllly want to see Sarada become Hokage.

The only gripes I sort of had was how
quickly Boruto went from a cheating brat to being a "true shinobi." I also didn't really give a shit about the villains. And neither did the film makers considering how little screen time they got lol.
But the great character moments and set pieces more than made up for it. I want to see it again.

Sharpeye

Have you guys seen the new Kishi interview......he's not done with Naruto. Only for now is he content with concluding it.

I can see him doing a movie every so often as it seems he enjoys working on them, along with "supervising" whatever followup series SP has no doubt planned. But I don't see him continuing the manga for a looong time.

Arabesque

The Shonen jump podcast is up now, checking if it is an actual new interview or not.

Have you guys seen the new Kishi interview......he's not done with Naruto. Only for now is he content with concluding it.

Look above a few posts :p

And which interview was that? He seems to be pretty clear about him ready to move on and only coming back some years down the line if he feels like it (i.e. Like every other mangaka with a successful series ever did) in all the interviews he had done since the ending.

The Shonen jump podcast is up now, checking if it is an actual new interview or not.

Look above a few posts :p

And which interview was that? He seems to be pretty clear about him ready to move on and only coming back some years down the line if he feels like it (i.e. Like every other mangaka with a successful series ever did) in all the interviews he had done since the ending.

Yeah, thats the one. Some people had the idea that Kishi was never going to return to Naruto.

Do you reckon we will get movies till a manga return?

jdkluv

From his interview, Kishimoto didn't realise that it would cause as much controversy as it did. His wife and some of the female staff in Studio Pierrot were upset about it.

Stuck to the keikaku 'till the end and blessed us with his impeccable taste. What a wonderful Shinobi.

He did clarify that he intended to have them end up together from the mid point of the story though.

Well, he also did say he planned both NaruHina and SasuSaku from the start, and the voice actors were told at the start of the series about the end pairings. Hinata's concept art from 1998 shows that Hinata was originally concieved as Naruto's love interest (and that Naruto is Yang and she's Yin), and we also know that Sasuke and Sakura were conceived and partially a homage and inspired by an old classic manga called Sasuke, where the main character named Sasuke is a ninja and one named Sakura is his love interest.

A big theme in Naruto is the importance of Yin and Yang coming together, and most (if not all) couples in Naruto fit into this dynamic. Kishi even established the Yin/Yang character dynamic specifically when Hinata fought Neji at the Chūnin Exams.

In fact, it looks like the 6-Tails transformation might have been "foreshadowed" on Volume 9's cover, with 6 scrolls arrayed behind Naruto's back like... tails... Likely too much of me reading into things, but this is Kishi we're talking about.

QmeOVze.png

Also dat parallelism with the fight against Neji.

kHxf8jv.png

x5RuXdc.png

Man, Kishi did a good job in capturing that hatred Neji had towards the main house in those eyes.

Masashi Kishimoto said:
I think what made me realize it was partly because, if you really look back and think about it, Hinata always supported and acknowledged Naruto, even before Master Iruka. She had the ability to see beyond his reputation and see the true person inside. I think I started realizing that they were meant to be.

c029-p12.jpg

Haku was too good for this world, just like Itachi.

Erigu

we also know that Sasuke and Sakura were conceived and partially a homage and inspired by an old classic manga called Sasuke, where the main character named Sasuke is a ninja and one named Sakura is his love interest.
?
I admittedly don't know much about Shirato Sanpei's Sasuke (I assume that's the one you're referring to?), but I don't know about it featuring a character called "Sakura"? There's a "Tsubaki Kasumi", but...

EDIT: Or maybe you were thinking of Manga Sarutobi Sasuke? Different title, and that's actually a TV series, not a comics, but...

it looks like the 6-Tails transformation might have been "foreshadowed" on Volume 9's cover, with 6 scrolls arrayed behind Naruto's back like... tails... Likely too much of me reading into things, but this is Kishi we're talking about.
"But"? Maybe you meant "since". Kishimoto isn't particularly good at foreshadowing/planning ahead.

Frog-fu

Banned
Apparently Kishi's missus was a NS shipper and wasn't happy with the ending either.

Did you expect such a divided reaction (in the U.S. at least) when you revealed whom Naruto marries in the future?

I actually didn't realize I caused such controversy.

Really? You had no idea?

Mari Morimoto: So the fans wanted Naruto to get together with Sakura?

Well, there's definitely camps of fans who felt that way, and there were also those that were very happy he ended up with Hinata. But there were quite passionate opinions on both sides!

I almost caused a rift in my own household too, because my wife was very upset also that Naruto didn't get together with Sakura. In fact, she complained quite vehemently to me!

Jo Otsuki: Quite few of the female staff at Studio Pierrot that produces the anime, apparently were also upset.

Whoah. So how did you handle that, especially with your wife?

I tried to defuse the situation by assuring my wife that SHE was actually the model for Hinata. (laughs)

As you were saying that, I thought, I wonder if your family life was more like Hinata and Naruto's family or Sasuke and Sakura's? (everyone laughs)

Masashi Kishiimoto: Well… it might not actually be like either. My wife is quite strong as well, she's a strong character.

Oh, so kind of like Sakura!

So I think my wife might secretly realize that Hinata wasn't really the model for her… (laughs)

Arabesque

I don't think anyone was upset about the ending so much some had gripe about who Naruto ended up with. Most are happy with the ending itself.

Finished the Shonen Jump podcast. The interview is new, and Kishimoto talks a little about Kaguya and his work (and yes pairings, because why not at this point)

http://shonenjump.viz.com/blog/posts/sj-podcast-kishimoto-sensei-special

?"But"? Maybe you meant "since". Kishimoto isn't particularly good at foreshadowing/planning ahead.

His answer as to when he thought of Kaguya ("near the end") and the Sage of Six Paths ("when Jiraya fought Pain") makes that pretty clear haha

Yeah, thats the one. Some people had the idea that Kishi was never going to return to Naruto.

Do you reckon we will get movies till a manga return?

Personally, I think so. I mean Naruto is a giant franchise, and the money (rumours) is on them continuing the anime past the 699 conclusion with fillers for a few years before doing Gaiden and other stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they made new movies from now on.

Well, he also did say he planned both NaruHina and SasuSaku from the start, and the voice actors were told at the start of the series about the end pairings. Hinata's concept art from 1998 shows that Hinata was originally concieved as Naruto's love .

I don't doubt Hinata was one of the options Kishimoto planned to have Naruto end up with and things became set in stone in his mind after the Pain arc and Sakura becoming more infuriated with Sasuke somehow, but I don't think he's put in as much thought into the process like you highlighted here.

I mean I'm sure some this stuff is intentional, but I think a lot of it is also coincidental.

jdkluv

?
I admittedly don't know much about Shirato Sanpei's Sasuke (I assume that's the one you're referring to?), but I don't know about it featuring a character called "Sakura"? There's a "Tsubaki Kasumi", but...

EDIT: Or maybe you were thinking of Manga Sarutobi Sasuke? Different title, and that's actually a TV series, not a comics, but...

Er, yes, brainfart. You're correct. I need some rest. :<

"But"? Maybe you meant "since". Kishimoto isn't particularly good at foreshadowing/planning ahead.

For what's worth, Hayato Date (the director of the anime) twitted that the ending the manga got is the same ending that Kishimoto told him *8 years ago* (albeit some minor last minute changes). Hell, Black Zetsu/Kaguya was foreshadowed in Naruto vs. Sasuke Part 1.

I don't doubt Hinata was one of the options Kishimoto planned to have Naruto end up with and things became set in stone in his mind after the Pain arc and Sakura becoming more infuriated with Sasuke somehow, but I don't think he's put in as much thought into the process like you highlighted here.

I mean I'm sure some this stuff is intentional, but I think a lot of it is also coincidental.

I mean... one could doubt that Kishi looked that much into it... but the fact that the Byakugan and Gentle Fist are based off B&#257;guàzh&#462;ng (which is itself referenced in the "Eight Trigrams ____ Palms" techniques) shows it's not a coincidence.

At the very least we all agree that Kishi is literally Mr. Parallel and loves his symbolism, right? :V

She didn't say anything about the ending though.

I&#8217;m glad that Kishi has himself decided that NH were meant to be. It&#8217;s supposed to be HIS manga, not his wife's. This only prove that he really loves NH and that he was not forced to put them together by neither SP nor anyone else.

Two Yang/Yin types are destined for sadness.

That's some One Punch Man stuff right there, what a badass looking scene.

Speaking of this, didn't Naruto beat Toneri with one (Falcon) Punch in The Last? Lol.

Arabesque

For what's worth, Hayato Date (the director of the anime) twitted that the ending the manga got is the same ending that Kishimoto told him *8 years ago* (albeit some minor last minute changes). Hell, Black Zetsu/Kaguya was foreshadowed in Naruto vs. Sasuke Part 1.

At the very least we all agree that Kishi is literally Mr. Parallel and loves his symbolism, right? :V

Kaguya herself wasn't actually foreshadowed since she was a last minute addition, but yes. What Date said about the ending in that tweet matches up with what Kishimoto is saying now (just that he had an idea that that Naruto ends up scolding his son for doing the same prank he did, the pairings, and other details that were in more broad strokes at the time).

Frog-fu

Banned
She didn't say anything about the ending though.

I’m glad that Kishi has himself decided that NH were meant to be. It’s supposed to be HIS manga, not his wife. This only prove that he really loves NH and that he was not forced to put them together by neither SP nor anyone else.

Two Yang/Yin types are destined for sadness.

You can imagine that if she was upset about NS not happening that she didn't like it.

Kishimoto has been contradicting himself and saying nonsensical shit since the manga ended and I'm not feeling another retread of how and why he is full of shit. I don't buy any of it, not for a second, but you're free to believe he isn't just staying on message so as to not undermine his partners and the ending he put to paper.

As you were saying that, I thought, I wonder if your family life was more like Hinata and Naruto's family or Sasuke and Sakura's? (everyone laughs)

Masashi Kishiimoto: Well&#8230; it might not actually be like either. My wife is quite strong as well, she's a strong character.

Oh, so kind of like Sakura!

So I think my wife might secretly realize that Hinata wasn't really the model for her&#8230; (laughs)

Damn, Kishi!

IIrc Oda said that Kishi's wife looks similar to Sakura as well, perhaps his wife saw a bit of her character in Sakura.

Stuck to the keikaku 'till the end and blessed us with his impeccable taste. What a wonderful Shinobi.

Well, he also did say he planned both NaruHina and SasuSaku from the start, and the voice actors were told at the start of the series about the end pairings. Hinata's concept art from 1998 shows that Hinata was originally concieved as Naruto's love interest (and that Naruto is Yang and she's Yin), and we also know that Sasuke and Sakura were conceived and partially a homage and inspired by an old classic manga called Sasuke, where the main character named Sasuke is a ninja and one named Sakura is his love interest.

A big theme in Naruto is the importance of Yin and Yang coming together, and most (if not all) couples in Naruto fit into this dynamic. Kishi even established the Yin/Yang character dynamic specifically when Hinata fought Neji at the Ch&#363;nin Exams.

In fact, it looks like the 6-Tails transformation might have been "foreshadowed" on Volume 9's cover, with 6 scrolls arrayed behind Naruto's back like... tails... Likely too much of me reading into things, but this is Kishi we're talking about.
apturing that hatred Neji had towards the main house in those eyes.[/SPOILER]

Haku was too good for this world, just like Itachi.

Incorrect:
&#8213;&#8213;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12398;&#25918;&#36865;&#12399;&#32154;&#12356;&#12390;&#12356;&#12414;&#12377;&#12364;&#12289;&#21407;&#20316;&#12391;&#12399;&#12490;&#12523;&#12488;&#12392;&#12498;&#12490;&#12479;&#12289;&#12469;&#12473;&#12465;&#12392;&#12469;&#12463;&#12521;&#12392;&#12356;&#12358;&#12459;&#12483;&#12503;&#12522;&#12531;&#12464;&#12391;&#19977;&#20154;&#12398;&#19977; &#35282;&#38306;&#20418;&#12395;&#32066;&#27490;&#12364;&#25171;&#12383;&#12428;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;&#12290;&#12371;&#12398;&#23637;&#38283;&#12434;&#30342;&#12373;&#12435;&#12399;&#20104;&#24819;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;&#12363;&#65311;

&#8213;&#8213;The anime broadcast is continuing, but In the original work, there&#8217;s a &#8216;coupling&#8217; of Naruto and Hinata, as well as Sasuke and Sakura. They have beaten the three-person love triangle to an endpoint (through establishing those couples). Did everyone expect this development (to happen)?

&#31481;&#20869;&#65306;&#12399;&#12356;&#12290;&#8230;&#8230;&#12392;&#12289;&#35328;&#12358;&#12414;&#12377;&#12363;&#12289;&#23455;&#12399;&#26132;&#12289;&#23736;&#26412;&#30330;&#29983;&#12395;&#12362;&#32862;&#12365;&#12375;&#12383;&#12371;&#12392;&#12364;&#12354;&#12387;&#12383;&#12435;&#12391;&#12377;&#12424;&#12290;

Takeuchi (Naruto&#8217;s seiyuu/VA): Yes. &#8230;&#8230;Well, should I say it? As a matter of fact, it was something that we had heard from Kishimoto-sensei way back (then in the old days).

&#20013;&#26449;&#65306;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12398;&#25918;&#36865;&#12364;&#22987;&#12414;&#12387;&#12390;&#38291;&#12418;&#12394;&#12356;&#38915;&#12391;&#12289;&#12362;&#20250;&#12356;&#12375;&#12383;&#12398;&#12418;2&#24230;&#30446;&#12368;&#12425;&#12356;&#12398;&#26178;&#12391;&#12375;&#12383;&#12424;&#12397;&#12290;

Nakamura (Sakura&#8217;s seiyuu/VA): It was when the anime broadcasting was beginning, right around pretty soon (after it started). It was also about the second time that we had met (with Kishimoto), right?

&#26441;&#23665;&#65306;&#12381;&#12398;&#26178;&#12363;&#12425; &#12300;&#26368;&#24460;&#12399;&#12469;&#12473;&#12465;&#12392;&#12469;&#12463;&#12521;&#12364;&#19968;&#32210;&#12395;&#12394;&#12426;&#12414;&#12377;&#12301;&#12392;&#12362;&#12387;&#12375;&#12419;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12390;&#12290;

Sugiyama (Sasuke&#8217;s seiyuu/VA): So since that occasion, (Kishimoto) was saying that &#8220;In the end, Sasuke and Sakura will be together&#8221;.
Only SS was mentioned to the VA's.

Conceptualising does not necessarily mean that Kishi will go through with it. For instance, in one interview he spoke how he thought of NS but did not see Sakura's love being that fickle.

The question is explicit as well as the answer. Kishi had decided on NH being end game in the middle of the manga.

More interestingly it seems Kishi had created Kaguya only towards the end of the manga. Madara was robbed of final villain status :/

Kishi definitely planned a lot of things. I remember seeing a post on tumblr on Team 7's first and last mission

Its hard to say whats just coincidental through circumstance but the last panels definitely seem to be planned. The idea of what it means to be a ninja is a major theme in Naruto.

Sasuke Novel Illustrations:

jdkluv

You can imagine that if she was upset about NS not happening that she didn't like it.

Not necessarily the same, but okay.

Kishimoto has been contradicting himself and saying nonsensical shit since the manga ended and I'm not feeling another retread of how and why he is full of shit.

How so, exactly? No need to be upset. Yin/Yang pairs are all throughout Naruto (even the Akatsuki pairs are based off that "opposites attract" dynamic), so it's was obvious.

Erigu

Sharpeye

lol I haven't been in thread in weeks, but I feel this is exactly were I left off

It's almost been a year since the manga ended and people are still arguing about the ending and ships sailing and burning. I blame all the filler, it's getting everyone tensed and grouchy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
lol I haven't been in thread in weeks, but I feel this is exactly were I left off
Broke the deep lethargy within my head
A heavy thunder, so that I upstarted,
Like to a person who by force is wakened;
And round about I moved my rested eyes,
Uprisen erect, and steadfastly I gazed,
To recognise the place wherein I was.
True is it, that upon the verge I found me
Of the abysmal valley dolorous,
That gathers thunder of infinite ululations.
Obscure, profound it was, and nebulous,
So that by fixing on its depths my sight
Nothing whatever I discerned therein.
"Let us descend now into the blind world,"
Began the Poet, pallid utterly;
"I will be first, and thou shalt second be."
And I, who of his colour was aware,
Said: "How shall I come, if thou art afraid,
Who'rt wont to be a comfort to my fears?"
And he to me: "The anguish of the people
Who are below here in my face depicts
That pity which for terror thou hast taken.
Let us go on, for the long way impels us."
Thus he went in, and thus he made me enter
The foremost circle that surrounds the abyss.
There, as it seemed to me from listening,
Were lamentations none, but only sighs,
That tremble made the everlasting air.
And this arose from sorrow without torment,
Which the crowds had, that many were and great,
Of infants and of women and of men.
To me the Master good: "Thou dost not ask
What spirits these, which thou beholdest, are?
Now will I have thee know, ere thou go farther,
That they sinned not; and if they merit had,
'Tis not enough, because they had not baptism
Which is the portal of the Faith thou holdest;
And if they were before the end of Naruto,
In the right manner they adored not Naruhina;
And among such as these am I myself.
For such defects, and not for other guilt,
Lost are we and are only so far punished,
That without hope we live on in desire."
Great grief seized on my heart when this I heard,
Because some people of much worthiness
I knew, who in that Limbo were suspended.

Erigu

Kishi definitely planned a lot of things. I remember seeing a post on tumblr on Team 7's first and last mission

Its hard to say whats just coincidental through circumstance but the last panels definitely seem to be planned. The idea of what it means to be a ninja is a major theme in Naruto.
I don't think it's coincidental, but I don't think that's planning either. You don't have to plan ahead early on to have the end of a story reference its beginning.

Top Bottom